#97 - Jungkook x You

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#97 - “11:11, make a wish.”

Jungkook x You

Word Count: 924

 

Going for a drive was one of the things you enjoyed doing, if you were in the passenger seat that is. Just sitting in the seat next to whoever was driving, being able to rest your head against the headrest or look out the window at the buildings, people, pastures, scenery passing by was one of the most relaxing things. It didn’t put you to sleep, in fact you were quite talkative if the driver wanted chatter while they were driving to whatever destination it was. Which was why, right now you were completely relaxed. It didn’t phase you that it was already pretty late outside and it was just you and the boy from the art class you started a couple weeks ago.

 

He had an available seat next to him and smiled at you so kindly while you were looking to your left and right trying to pick the best spot, that you asked if you could sit next to him. He gave his okay without a moment's hesitation, eyes bright with how genuine he was being. Names were exchanged and then a mutual silence. It wasn’t awkward but you both got lost in you own art worlds. Following along with the teacher, making notes and sometimes doing your own thing when she was explaining something you already knew. It was comfortable. Every class you greeted each other hello and goodbye. Eventually, friendly small talk was made, which lead to conversation about the class, each others art, what you did outside of the class and finally numbers exchanged.

 

The floofy haired boy as you liked to call him, because you were horrible with names and it took you a few tries before you remembered, didn’t ask you on a date. The two of you had become friends. Sometimes going for tea before class or even after depending on the day. It was nice, you welcomed the friendship and truly appreciated it. You felt that Jungkook did as well.

 

So, here you were tonight, sitting next to your friend who was honestly driving you guys around the city of Seoul without any destination in mind. It was just a drive, sometimes the traffic got backed up but the soft music of Jungkook’s spotify playlist floated through the car and calmed you both. Jungkook in all of his floofy haired goodness was singing softly to Beautiful Lies by Birdy. Turning your gaze towards him, it was hard not watch him. He was captivating while he sang. Forcing your eyes away as you didn’t want him to think you were some creep, you refocused on the clock in the middle console of the car.

 

“11:11, make a wish.”

 

The comment was offhanded but still a game you couldn’t help but play whenever you noticed. The sweet voice that mingled with the digital one crooning from the speakers stopped, disappointing. You hadn’t meant to interrupt him but then again if he had a wish he’d say aloud, you were curious.

 

“I wish that you would look at me, Noona. Always look at me.”

 

His eyes stayed on the road, glued to the road actually. The grip on the steering wheel was tight, you could see his fingers turning white and his jaw, it was clenched. Nervous? Was Jeon Jungkook, the master of being calm, confident and cool, nervous? It was hard to believe, but so were the soft words he had spoken in your presence.

 

You were taken aback but that didn’t stop your lips from turning up into a small smile. The car rolled to a stop but Jungkook continued to keep his gaze ahead of him. This amused you a little bit. Smoothing out your navy blue skirt, you continued to look at the driver.

 

“Aren’t you going to ask me what my wish is?”

 

Your voice held a cheekiness that instantly piqued Jungkook’s interest. He finally chanced a look over at you.

 

“What’s your wish?”

 

His voice was a little rough but you didn’t comment on it. Instead you reached over to his free hand that was resting on this thigh, slipping your fingers through his. His palm was clammy but it didn’t bother you, if anything it just endeared you even more.

 

“I wish that you would look at me. Always look at me.”

 

So, maybe you hadn’t come to this realization until the words were out of his mouth but what you said was true. It was as true as the grass being green. Raising your gaze up from your entwined hands, this time you were able to meet your floofy haired man’s eyes and all the warmth you saw there rained down on you like a ray of sunshine. He pierced your heart with that gaze and you could only hope that he was feeling the same from you.

 

Jungkook turned his body towards yours as he reached over, foot securely on the brake, cupped your cheek. His thumb slid back and forth across your cheek caressing it. Leaning in slowly, you saw his eyes flicker down to your lips. Just his lips barely brushing yours a loud, long honk sounded. Both of you jumped about what felt like ten feet, nervous laughter broke through the soothing music. Glancing ahead both of you saw that the light was green. Jungkook swooped in quickly stealing a peck of a kiss before pressing down on the pedal and speeding away.

 

You liked going on drives with no destination but you think you might just love going on drives with Jungkook the most.