#23/43/47 - TaeJin

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#23/43/47 - “Why is there glitter in my hair and stars in your eyes?” “Are you real or are you fake?” “This is the part where you say that you love me back.”

TaeJin

Word Count: 1200

 

Sitting on a bench in the park alone in the dark should be something that one doesn’t do often. However, that’s not the case for Kim Seokjin. He actually enjoys going out late at night, late for him is 11pm and spending it quietly by himself. The park was his favorite place to frequent due to it’s close location to his apartment and the fact that were was a nice pond in the middle of it that he could gaze as the calm water under the moonlight. It was a place where he could wind down and feel the more relaxed. Where he could let his emotions out without having to worry about the prying unwanted eyes.

 

It also seemed to be the place where strange things rained down over his head and dusted his shirt. Looking down more fell off and he just saw thanks to the tall lamp post not too far away shiny bits floating down to his lap.

 

Glitter?

 

He was confused but a moment later someone had joined him on the bench. Looking to his left, he saw a much too familiar face. A face that was actually the cause of him sitting on this very bench tonight. He had come to let go of feelings not let them rush back in and erpunch him. The infamous boxy grin was pinning him in place, he had never been able to look away from it easily.

 

“Why do I have glitter in my hair and stars in your eyes?”

 

. . God damnit!

 

The last half of that sentence was supposed to be said in his mind, not out loud. Not where anyone could hear him. Not where Kim Taehyung, the plague of his existence could hear. His little brother’s friend was sitting next to him and he didn’t know why or how he found him. Seokjin didn’t understand why his mouth had betrayed him. All he knew was that his ears were most certainly red but thank goodness for the dim light of the moon and the streetlamp that this wouldn’t be seen by the object of his damned affection.

 

Yes, damned.

 

He had tried to cancel these feelings for awhile now but instead of being squashed they just kept growing. Seokjin had even moved out of his home a month early into his own apartment so he wouldn’t have to deal with seeing the kid anymore. That failed because his little brother was apparently inseparable with this Kim Taehyung.

 

“Are you real or are you fake?”

 

The question through Seokjin off guard. As if this was new?! No, the kid said the weirdest things. He spoke in these broken, half thought out sentences and it only made sense to the people he spent the most time with. Somehow, Seokjin had become a part of those few people. He also became one of the people who found the way Taehyung spoke endearing. It wasn’t. Well, it shouldn’t be. It really shouldn’t be. There was enough of an that he wanted to add another reason to end these feelings but his heart wasn’t listening to him.

 

What Taehyung had just asked him, in his weird language was if Seokjin was being serious about the words he just spouted. If he was real with the implications of what he had just spoken. The atmosphere around them had grown dense, the air was heavy and before he could stop himself, Seokjin was falling.

 

By falling, leaning closer and closer and closer.

 

Close enough that their lips were less than a millimeter away and he swore he was imagining that his little brother’s best friend had close that short distance and pressed his lips against Seokjin’s own. It was everything and nothing that he had ever wanted. A part of him felt like a weight had been thrown off of him and his stomach was dancing in delight, his fingers were tingling in anticipation of touching the other male further. While another part of him was yelling at him that this was wrong, this shouldn’t be happening, he couldn’t prey on his little brother’s best friend who was practically like family to the Kim’s as of the last couple of years.

 

His hands hovered but slowly cupped Taehyung’s cheek as he deepened their kiss, shutting out the rational side and giving in to what the other seemed not bothered enough to stop. They kissed for a long time and the soft moan he heard from the younger made his heart flip flop in a way he never knew was possible. Finally, he had to pull away, everything was too much, his chest was growing tight, his fingers wanted explore every inch of the golden skin the other had and it was just too much. If Seokjin didn’t stop now, he knew he wouldn’t and they were on a park bench of all places.

 

Breathing heavier than mere moments ago, Seokjin’s eyes couldn’t stop alternating from staring at Taehyung’s starry eyes to his slightly reddened lips. The silence between them continued but it was natural. They both were collecting their thoughts and perhaps fighting the urge to just drown in each other for another few moments. He felt like there was a slight ringing in his ears because Taehyung was speaking now but Seokjin couldn’t hear anything, all he could see was those plump lips that he really, really wanted to taste on his tongue once more.

 

“This is the part where you say you love me back.”

 

Widening his eyes, Seokjin regained his hearing and it was to words he had never allowed himself to even dream about. A large warm hand took his and interlaced their fingers. Seokjin looked down and couldn’t help but smile at seeing how his feelings must be reciprocated even if he couldn’t believe the words he had just heard.

 

“What?” His mouth had betrayed him for the second time that night with something even more idiotic than the first.

 

That beautiful deep laugh of the younger rang fresh across the park. Squeezing Seokjin’s hand, Taehyung leaned next to his ear and spoke lowly,

 

“I said I’ve been waiting three years for you to finally kiss me. Now, tell me you love me back. You haven’t been fooling anyone you know.” The cockiness that was in his ear had Seokjin biting on the inside of his cheek. He wanted so bad to snap at Taehyung, god he had always been such a brat. Why did he love him again? Pulling back, Seokjin turned his gaze on the younger and froze, the stars were back, sparkling as bright as possible and a hint of nervousness twitched in the smile he was being given.

 

Oh… Yeah, that was why.

 

“I love you.”

 

His words were almost a whisper but they rang loud and true in Taehyung’s heart. Seokjin didn’t hesitate this time, he leaned in and pressed his lips to Taehyung’s more than willing to drown once more that night on a park bench in the dark at 11pm when he was trying to let go of all of his feelings.

 

Let go and transfer them to the object of his affection.


Kim Taehyung.