#17 - Yoongi x You

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#17 - “Baby, you’ll never know me.”

Yoongi x You

Word Count: 771

 

It wasn’t unusual for college kids to be a party or a bar on a Thursday night, most didn’t have Friday classes and it was a great way to pregame the weekend. So, while it wasn’t unusual for others it was unusual for you. Thursday nights weren’t generally spent at a bar, but here you were. A group of your friends, mainly from your Anatomy and Physiology II class. The course was so hard, study group was the way to go. It was kind of great because the five of you had become pretty close and now even text each other on the regular with news other than what was question 34 and no it wasn’t the tibia because the tibia was question 32.

 

Leaning against the bar, you made sure to drink the long island that crazy Joe beside you had ordered while you slipped off to the bathroom. You had a feeling that you might need to be the babysitter tonight. Someone had to keep an eye on these crazy ones. It was bad enough that Joe and Claire were having a shots contest, which Joe kept trying to get you to take some of his shots secretly. It made you laugh because he was always boasting about what a heavyweight he was, and here he was three shots, a mai tai and a water in with bright red patches on his cheeks. Cute.

 

Somewhere along the lines, Julie had pulled you out on the dance floor and oops, your drink was gone. When had that happened? When had another one been replaced? One hour had turned into three and you were still on the dance floor, feeling a lot more free and relaxed than you had when you first arrived. Hairband was on your wrist, your locks dusting over your shoulders as you swayed back and forth. Finally, the heat of the dance floor was getting to you and you made your way back to the bar. Only to find that the five of you had lost your spot. Slipping into an empty spot, you brushed up against the man in a leather jacket next to you.

 

“Excuse me.” You spoke politely and then turned your attention to the bartender who raised a brow as an indicator that he would be right over. When had you two become so familiar? Goodness, the night really did fly by. As he made his way over, the man next to you hadn’t stopped staring at you. It was something you almost didn’t notice but the prickle at the back of your neck did.

 

Before you could speak, a deep smooth voice spoke instead. You wanted to tell him right then and there how rude he was but his words caught up with you.

 

“Whatever she’s having, put it on my tab.”

 

The burly bartender grinned and winked at you. It was your time to order the most expensive drink you could think of and enjoy it for free. Except all you wanted was water.

 

“Uh, I just want water actually.”

 

The leather jacket man, was a little shorter than the guys you normally found attractive, jet black hair and almost eyes the same color. His skin was so pale that you wondered if he might be anemic. His eyes continued to gaze at you curiously. As if he was trying to figure out some mystery that you weren’t sure you had even put out there in the first place. Turning back towards the front of the bar, you swayed to the music and waited patiently for your water. It didn’t take long.

 

“The name’s Yoongi.”

 

He even held his hand out for you, it was kind of cute but the alcohol in you was making you much more open with your expressions and perhaps a bit loose lipped. Taking his hand because you weren’t impolite.

 

“Sara, but before you start this dance. Not interested, thanks though.”

 

The expression on the other man’s face didn’t change much but if you weren’t so intoxicated you would have noticed the slight widening of his eyes. Shot down before he even truly started. Ouch, burn. Yoongi went to open his mouth and speak,

 

"Noon-" but once again you cut him off. Taking your hand back you picked up your water and took a step away.

 

“Baby, you’ll never know me. Nice try.”

 

Waving over your shoulder, you slipped between the many bodies of the college bar and wrapped an arm over Joe’s shoulder, grabbing his shot glass and downing it. Why the hell not, one wouldn’t kill you and you were feeling pretty damn good tonight.