#14 - TaeKook

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#14 - “Kiss it and make it better.”

TaeKook

Word Count: 809

 

Jungkook sat on his knees clothes spilled all over the floor and his elbow on the hardwood floor stunned. It hurt. The pain in his left knee, he already knew that he had skinned it but damn did it hurt. Probably his elbow too. Carrying his load of overflowing laundry down the wooden steps probably wasn’t the best idea. Maybe if he hadn’t forced every single piece of clothing on his floor on top of his already full laundry basket. He could barely see over the top as he had honestly just gotten a tad lazy the last two weeks and had postponed doing his laundry the previous weekend.

 

Shifting his weight, the disheveled boy lifted his left knee up and pulled it slowly to his chest, each movement drawing a hiss from the boys chapped lips. Staring down at his now stinging knee, it was confirmed he had skinned his knee. It was bleeding but not too much thankfully. It had always baffled him how such small injuries, if missing a step on the stairs and falling to the ground floor could be considered small, hurt the worst.

 

“You okay?!”

 

A wide-eyed, sleep crusties sticking to the inner corners of his eyes, hair sticking up in odd places Taehyung appeared at the bottom of the stairs. The crash had been pretty loud and seemed to have woken the older boy from his slumber. He crouched down and picked up some of the clothes to put them back in the basket and then move it out of the way so he could get closer to Jungkook. Taehyung reached out towards the younger’s knee and touched the corner of it gently, Jungkook in a breath making it sound like the other male had hurt him. It was more the anticipation of pain than actual pain but the damage was already done. Taehyung snatched his hand back as if he had been scalded with hot water.

 

“Sorry, sorry!”

 

“No, no, it’s fine.”

 

Jungkook tried to calm down the other male who looked like he was ready to freak out over just a skinned knee and rush Jungkook to the hospital.

 

“You just fell down the stairs how is it fine? Can you move your other leg? Anything broken? Here let me help you up.”

 

A warmth settled over Jungkook at the care and fondness his hyung was showing towards him. He didn’t mean to worry the other but it wasn’t in his power to change that now. He could still try. Taehyung grabbed Jungkook’s arm to help him to his feet.

 

“Nothing is broken, yeah I can move it. Uh, thanks.”

 

With the help of his hyung, Jungkook stood up and hobbled over to the couch. His knee was really stick and every tiny movement hurt but it wasn’t unbearable. The scrape just needed to be cleaned and a Band-Aid put on top.

 

“Don’t move.” Taehyung called to the younger whose rear was now parked on the edge of the couch. He came back with hydrogen peroxide, q-tips, Neosporin and a Band-Aid. Falling to his knees the boy set everything down except the q-tip as he wanted to be as sterile as you possible could in this situation. He moved a little closer to Jungkook’s knee, unscrewing the lid to the hydrogen peroxide and dipped the q-tip in. Once it was fully saturated he pulled it out and shifted his gaze up to Jungkook’s briefly. The younger was just staring down at him observing everything he was doing.

 

“This is going to sting Jungkookie so just bear with it for a moment, okay?” He didn’t speak but nodded and Taehyung went about his task of cleaning up the scrape. There was only a slight hiss from the younger but he mostly kept still and quiet.

 

“Did that hurt a lot?” Taehyung inquired as he opened the Band-Aid and applied Neosporin to it before gently placing it on Jungkook’s wound. Once he was done with that he raised his eyes once more to the younger.

 

Nodding again, Jungkook attempted to look as pitiful as possible.

 

“Kiss it and make it better, hyung.”

 

The two gazed at each other for a moment until Taehyung bent forward and pressed his dry lips gently against Jungkook’s knee, just above the Band-Aid covered wound.

 

“All better?” he asked with that beautiful boxy grin of his. Receiving another nod and then a small smile from the younger, Taehyung stood up and ruffled his hair.

 

“Good, I’m going back to bed. We’ll do your laundry later.”

 

The older boy walked off to his room and Jungkook quickly scrambled to his feet to follow after. Maybe sleeping in a little longer wouldn’t be so bad and surely Taehyung wouldn’t kick a wounded person out of his bed, right?

 

Jungkook could try.

 

He did.

 

Taehyung complied and even snuggled.