#38/93 - HopeKook

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#38/93 - “I’d tell you but then I’d have to kill you.”/”I know you are but what am I?”

HopeKook

Word Count: 643

A/N: Finally, not angst ><

 

Art class was Jungkook’s favorite class. He didn’t mind school but art, P.E., chorus and of course lunch time were his favorite parts of the school day. If he could have a day with only those classes and maybe even nap time thrown in there, he’d be in heaven. Sadly, he was too old for naptime. Being in second grade he had long since graduated from those days but he was never opposed to starting that tradition again. In fact, he may have accidentally taken an impromptu nap in class just last week when the teacher was reading to them. He hated sitting against the wall with his arms raised, but accidents were punishable. Dumb.

 

Today was finger painting and he couldn’t wait to slather all the different colors all over his hands, uh, the paper. Yeah, on the paper. Setting up his paints in a neat order of the rainbow. Someone leaned over his station. Glancing over, he saw that it was his classmate, Jung Hoseok.

 

“Whatcha gonna make?”

 

Not paying him much mind, Jungkook continued to put the orange next to the red. Shrugging, he hoped that was enough for the other boy to grow uninterested. Hoseok could be very hyper and that was something that Jungkook tended to shy away from more often than not. He didn’t know how someone was able to jump around non-stop and have a voice as loud as a canon. It was a little scary at times, other times though, Hoseok could be a lot of fun to play with. Sometimes. Small doses.

 

“Kookie, whatcha gonna make?”

 

And there it was again, Hoseok was tapping him on the shoulder and practically wiggling in his seat next to Jungkook. Such a weird guy. Looking up, he met the other boy's eyes then glanced around him nervously. Leaning in to Hoseok’s ear, he cupped it and whispered.

 

“I’d tell you but then I’d have to kill you.”

 

Making sure to give Hoseok as serious as a look as a child could give, he turned back to his paints and wiggled his fingers in anticipation. The art teacher, Mrs. Oh hadn’t given them the go ahead to start just yet. He was itching to do so though. To the point that Jungkook was actually tapping the tips of his toes onto the linoleum floor.

 

Splat.

 

Jungkook’s round little brown eyes grew about three sizes as he saw a green blob of paint on his perfectly blank canvas. If he wasn’t serious before in his expression, the scrunch of his nose and the piercing heat of his eyes as they trained onto the culprit showed how mad the young boy was.

 

“You can’t kill me. You’re stupid.” Hoseok crossed his arms across his chest, not noticing that he just got green paint all over his shirt because he didn’t listen to Mrs. Oh and put on his apron first. He was mad that his friend wouldn’t just tell him what he was going to paint. It was stupid and Jungkook was stupid.

 

“I know you are but what am I!”

 

Jungkook shot right back, voice a little louder than it normally would, letting his emotions guide him. Then he promptly stuck his fingers into the red paint and flung it at Hoseok. It landed right on his cheek, neck and shirt. Immediately, the other boy was dipping his fingers into whatever color was closest and the paint was flying. A very angry Mrs. Oh stood in front of them with her hands on her hips. Neither of them had noticed she had said their names until Jungkook’s red paint landed in her hair.

 

Both boys gasped and covered their mouths, before pointing at the other.

 

“He did it!”

 

“He started it!”

 

In unison, “Nu-uh!”

 

Jungkook hated sitting with his arms raised above his head outside of the classroom.