#95 - YoonMin

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#95 - “Why do you like him so much?”

YoonMin

Word Count: 532


 

“It’s just one of those things that are hard to explain. Why does the sun rise in the morning and the moon in the evening? Why does stream only flow one way? Why does my heart beat faster when walks over to me? Why does seeing him smile lift my spirits no matter how upset I was previously? Why is his laughter than spicy rice cakes I’ve ever had? And you know those are the absolute best food on the planet. Why do his cheeks look like mochi and make me want to pinch them even though I hate when others pinch cheeks? Why is two times four, eight and why is it that even if he’s the slightest bit happy that makes me happy?” The long stream of questions seemed to be never-ending and the raven-haired man didn’t look up from his lit up phone screen of the person he was spouting nonsense about.

 

“Why do you like him so much, you ask? I don’t know, hyung. He touches a part of me that I thought could never be reached again. Even if he never looks my way, as long as he’s happy, that’s enough.” A soft smile that was uncharacteristic for the man spread as he continued to gaze fondly at his phone.

 

“That’s enough? You don’t want more?”

 

The voice came from behind both of the two males sitting on the bench outside of a favorite karaoke bar they frequented. The one staring at his phone couldn’t raise his head, he froze. The raven-haired man clutched his phone a little tighter and let his teeth bite into his bottom lip. The silence stretched between them as two waited for an answer and one tried to remember how to breathe.

 

The raven-haired man let out a long, deep breath before slowly raising his head and meeting the gaze of the person he had just been speaking of. In the silence he had walked around to face his two friends.

 

“I could never ask for more, Jimin...ah.”

 

Gauging Jimin’s reaction was too hard and maybe it was because the raven-haired man’s whole being was shaking like a leaf. This was the last thing he had expected. Seokjin and him had left the others in the room singing their lungs out.

 

“I’m asking you, Yoongi hyung.”

 

The brunette in front of him stood still, staring directly into Yoongi’s eyes and never wavering. The heaviness of that statement hung between them. His reply would determine the future of their relationship from this point on. Even just one word could change everything but his mind was suddenly blank. There was nothing there, just the image of the younger male that he had quietly been watching from afar in his own bubble. He ran his tongue over his lips as a way to stall. He was still unable to think and he almost forgot just how much power Jimin could hold over him.

 

“I do.”

 

How was the sun able to shine at 11:47pm on a Thursday evening was beyond Min Yoongi. Ask Park Jimin and his smile that was beaming directly upon the raven-haired man who was once again breathless.

 

“Me too.”