#25/31 - Namjoon x You

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#25/31 - “If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t be chained to this fence right now./ “I’m pretty sure this is illegal.”

Namjoon x You

Word Count: 675

 

Hanging from a metal chain link fence had not been in your plans today. So, why were you here? Enter, the big tall dope with a stupid yet adorable dimple that was staring up at you with a meek expression. Your boyfriend of course had already made it on the other side of the fence and you, well you made it partially. Here you were stuck near the top of the fence because somehow your wallet chain, mind you, not something you had even wanted to wear but somehow the worrywart below you had convinced you to wear his so you wouldn’t get mugged or something, is caught on the fence. You can’t really see it but just tugging on it is not helping you to get down.

 

Namjoon was trying to get you unhooked from this darn fence but all you could do is hold on and hope that you didn’t get tired from hanging up there.

 

“Well, you could just take off-”

 

“Oppa! I can’t believe you. If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t be chained to this fence right now.”

 

Huffing, you whipped your head to the left, deftly swinging your bangs out of your eyes. They really needed to be trimmed. It wasn’t that you wanted to be negative but right now was not your finest moment and all you could do was notice the tiny things that were wrong; bangs included.

 

“I’m pretty sure this is illegal.”

 

A new voice spoke and you froze, even more than you already were. Turning your head slowly you let your eyes meet with a familiar face, the nervousness in your eyes vanished with relief. Letting yourself deflate and the nervous energy just fly away you couldn’t help but turn sad eyes onto the older male now standing next to Namjoon beneath you.

 

“Yoongi oppa, look what he did. Can you help me get down?”

 

The elder scoffed at you and Namjoon before chuckling and nodding. Stepping forward, he smacked his friends hands away and worked on the chain. It took him only a few moments and your boyfriend may or may not be grumbling in the background about how he would have gotten it in just a second.

 

Yoongi proceeded to pick you up by the waist and set you down on the grass. Smiling widely at him, you wrapped your arm around his and leaned your cheek against it.

 

“Thank you oppa!”

 

“Oppa, oppa, oppa.” Both you and Yoongi turned your gaze in the direction of the other male muttering the words in disgust. The elder just raised a brow but didn’t move you away. Instead he turned his attention back to you.

 

“Alright, well I didn’t see you. I’m actually working this event you know. Gotta get back to the sound booth.” He patted your head and waved.

 

“Catch ya later, Namjoon.”

 

You could feel your boyfriend's eyes on you as you watched Yoongi leave.
 

“Yoongi oppa?”

 

“What?” You asked, eyes going wide as you feigned innocence.

 

Namjoon shook his head and slid his arm around your waist pulling you close to him.

 

“Don’t act coy and don’t call him oppa anymore, Evie-yah.” He kissed your cheek then before walking away from the scene of your crime.

 

“Okay, Namjoon O-ppa!” You stress the word oppa which was honestly just you being cheeky but you noticed that he was trying hard to stop from smiling.

 

“Sorry.” He didn’t need to say more than that, you knew despite your earlier annoyance that he felt bad for getting you stuck on the fence even if it truly wasn’t his fault. You had agreed with his plan of crashing the yearly tour where a bunch of indie bands gathered to perform out in a huge field. It was a really good time if you could get tickets and in this case if you didn’t.

 

“Let’s go listen to the bands.”

 

You wrapped your arm around his waist as well and pecked him on the cheek, happy that his dimple was being displayed at it’s finest.