#86 - JinKook

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#86 - "How long have you been standing outside?"

JinKook

Word Count: 769

 

It wasn’t like Seokjin to lock the door when it was only 7pm. It wasn’t like Jungkook to leave his keys inside the dorm either. He had texted, called, knocked on the door, called through the door and still received no answer. After a while Jungkook just took a seat next to the door, bag in his lap, earbuds resting in both of his ears. Nothing was playing but he was tired of getting strange looks from the other residents that passed through the halls. He wasn’t quite sure where his hyung was but he really hoped that he would come home soon. His anthropology exam had been a killer and then he didn’t even want to talk about his guitar lessons. He had finally taken the time to enroll in some private lessons after years of being told no by his parents. Now, that he was away at college with a part time job he could afford to pay for them himself. Today was really just not Jungkook’s day.

 

Time kept ticking away and it was three hours before anyone came out. The brunette had fallen asleep, head falling onto his bag that was pressed against his chest. The click of the lock wasn’t enough to rouse the young man but it was enough to at least pull him to a lesser level of deep sleep. Their door always squeaked every time they opened it, no matter how much WD-40 they put on it. This was enough to pull him from the edges of falling back into a deep sleep. Someone stepped out but Jungkook still had his eyes closed and couldn’t tell who it was. There was some sort of rustling, similar to the sound of clothes being fixed and then another noise that Jungkook couldn’t place but he finally opened his eyes. Rubbing them he began to look up, while seeing someone walking down the hallway towards the elevator. He wouldn’t have thought anything of it but the man had purple hair. Raising an eyebrow, he continued to stare after the guy and almost snorted as he watched the guy trip over the rug in the hallway.

 

“How long have you been standing outside?”

 

By this time, Jungkook was on his feet, the strap of his bag slung over his shoulder and his gaze turned towards his roommate. He could see the nervousness in the other man's eyes and he was intrigued. Nerves? Over what?

 

“Uh, since about 7:10. Were you home this whole time hyung? I banged on the door and called you multiple times. You had to have heard that.”

 

Jungkook brushed passed Seokjin into the apartment and then spun back around as the appearance of the older man finally caught up with his brain. Narrowing his eyes, he stared straight at the reddish-purple of broken blood vessels show on the surface of Seokjin’s neck. Not just one but three. Raising an eyebrow, he whistled and turned back around.

 

“Three hours huh?” He clucked, the realization of the situation very much apparent to the younger man now.

“That must have been a fii-”

 

“S-shut up. It was nothing. I’m going to bed. I’m tired.” Seokjin slammed the door a little harder than he meant to in his haste, locked the door and quickly rushed by Jungkook to get to his room. The man was shirtless and his was standing up in all types of angles.

 

“Oh, I bet you are hyung.”

 

A loud click went off, Jungkook’s volume was very much . Seokjin froze in his place and fully turned around to face his roommate.

 

“Erase that right now.”

 

Jungkook just chuckled and waved his iphone screen in Seokjin’s view but far enough away that the other couldn’t just take it out of his hands. The elder’s hands were balling into fists, the vein along his neck beginning to twitch. Oops, he really did piss off his hyung.

 

“Nah, I think I’m going to keep these beauty marks for later. Goodnight hyung!” Jungkook dashed off to his room but before he shut the door, he stuck his head out and added some friendly advice.

 

“Next time hyung, just shoot me a text and I’ll sleep somewhere else. Also, you smell like , please take a shower before you go to bed. Night!” He waved cheekily and shut and locked his door so that the elder couldn’t barge in and berate him. Seokjin did try, the doorknob jiggled for awhile and calls of

 

“Yah! Jeon Jungkook!” were very much heard through his door but also was the quiet,


“Okay, next time I will.”