#37 - Namjoon x You

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#37 - “So, what are we?”

Namjoon x You

Word Count: 569

 

“We’ve been dancing around this for years, Oppa. Enough’s enough.” Your eyes pleaded with the man you had been in love with for more than eight years. All through high school, all through college and starting into your careers. Between, friendship, lips brushing against lips, fingers traipsing through your long locks and his short ones, flushed cheeks and wandering hands, you two had truly danced a thorough dance. Yet, every time you thought it may be going somewhere, he’d curve to the left. Sometimes you’d sway to the right, it wasn’t just all Namjoon.

 

His large hand rubbed his temples before he raised those eyes you had grown to know so well up at you.

 

“Yeah?”

 

Glancing down at the sand between your toes, you sighed before looking off towards the waves lapping at the surface. Here the two of you stood, in one of the most cliche and romantic spots that couples go to for various moments. The beach, a spur of the moment trip, one hotel room, just Namjoon and you and until just a moment ago your hands were linked the whole time.

 

“Yeah.”

 

The wind in your sails was dying, just as quickly as the courage bloomed it was deflating. Maybe it was best to back down, just continue riding out whatever this was between you without any terms or commitments. Except, you wanted those terms, you wanted those commitments. You wanted him to call you his and you to call him yours, to eventually walk down that path, into a future of the two of you and ending at those rockers on the porch, wrinkled, weathered and worn hands still linked together.

 

“So, what are we?”

 

The ever changing wind was back, billowing in your direction and you asked, eyes firm, directly gazing at the man you weren’t ready to let go of, no chance of backing down.

 

“I didn’t know you wanted to be more.”

 

His words left a bitter taste in your mouth.

 

“I didn’t know that you didn’t.”

 

How easy it was to wound with just a few words. You both dealt a blow, but the hurt you saw there made your mind clear, leading with emotion was so easy to do but often times it didn’t get you where you needed to go. Focusing on his feelings was important too. Funny how you always felt like you did, every single day but it was still so easy to forget. Taking a step closer, you took his hand in yours again.

 

“Oppa, I’ve always been in love with you.”

 

The jump off this ship was sharp and the water below, would be…

 

He rubbed the top of your hand with his thumb, out of habit, out of comfort, out of want. Namjoon nodded. And nodded again. And nodded once more. Holding your breath, you prepared for the icy cold waves to claim you.

 

His other hand cupped your cheek, lips crashing down upon yours but somehow they were still so gently, moving against yours, tongue sliding along your bottom lip before you finally allowed him entrance and then you danced once more. This time it was a dance that you were willing to dance, not one you were just tossed into, trying to keep up. It was slow, sweet and qualmed all of your fears that had been fermenting in the pit of your stomach for years.

 

“And I with you.”