#76 - YoonMinKook

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#76 - “Did I ask for your insight?”

YoonMinKook

Word Count: 1130

 

It had been weeks and Park Jimin was still sitting in his hyung’s studio trying to perfect his solo cover before releasing it to the fans. It wasn’t as if he didn’t know that he had a nice voice because he did. He knew this, he knew this was one of the reasons managed to stay a trainee, he knew this was one of the reasons he was able to debut, he knew it was a reason that he was a main vocal in their group. Knowing this and feeling the full depth of it though were two different things. Jimin still struggled with his insecurities and he wished that he was able to sing like Jungkook could, so freely, with anyone listening and feel proud of himself. Instead though, he picked apart the tiny moments where his pitch was too high or he used a word that meant the same thing but wasn’t in the actual lyrics, when he was a breath too fast, the list went on and on. He couldn’t get his brain to stop thinking.

 

So here he was, finger tapping on the mouse as he was about to listen to the recording he had made for the umpteenth time, his mind obsessing over every tiny thing.

 

“Jimin-ah, it’s not missing anything. It’s perfect.” Yoongi spoke purposefully, honestly and gently.

 

The words flew out of his mouth before he could even process what he was saying as his head whipped around to stare at the elder,

 

“Did I ask for your insight?”

 

He snapped, oh boy did Jimin snap. He didn’t mean to, directly after he felt like a kicked puppy because the berating of himself for being such an was strong. Surely, Yoongi wasn’t going to tolerate being spoken to in such a way. Except the next voice he heard wasn’t the low timbre he was used to, no it was a much softer but just as rich voice that he knew like the back of his hand.

 

“Yoongi hyung is just trying to help, hyung. You don’t have be such a jerk.”

 

The atmosphere grew tense in less than a few seconds as Jungkook had stood up from the chair he had been sitting in further back in the studio, he was upset and it was written all over the younger's face. In any other circumstance Yoongi would think that Jungkook was being cute, actually he would think that Jungkook was adorable for standing up for him a little later. Right now though,

 

“Jungkook, you don’t speak to your hyung that way.”

 

“Jeon Jungkook, you don’t speak to your hyung that way.”

 

Both Jimin and Yoongi had rounded on the younger, reminding him of just who he was speaking to and how he needed to check himself regardless of the reason. The two older boys turned in each other direction, letting laughter bubble up and fill the room. A warm hand gripped Jimin’s shoulder and squeezed as they continued to laugh over saying almost exactly the same thing to the younger. The only one who wasn’t so amused was Jungkook. He stood there and flipped his fringe out of his face, when in fact his hair wasn’t even in his face.

 

Yoongi’s large veiny hand ruffled Jimin’s chestnut brown hair, his smile so wide that those pearly whites would be seen along with the pink of his gums. Letting out a long and relaxing sigh, Jimin turned back to the desktop and clicked save, exited out of all the screen; calling it quits for the night.

 

“Sorry hyung, I didn’t mean to snap at you.” Glancing up sheepishly, Yoongi was still smiling but waved away Jimin’s apology.

 

“It’s fine, I’m prickly when you guys pester me in here too.”

 

“Prickly?!” The youngest scoffed,

 

“Understatement.”

 

Both Yoongi and Jimin turned their gaze in the youngest’s direction, not messing the pout that his lips were still forming from the earlier correction they had given. Raising one of his dark brows, he didn’t say anything to Jungkook. Seeing as how the younger was shifting from one foot to the other under his gaze, that was more than enough.

 

“He’s kind of right though, hyung.” A ridiculously too cute giggle from Jimin made it hard for Yoongi to be annoyed with the man, instead he masked his expression with the blank slate he had perfected over the years.

 

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let’s go home, it’s late.” He grumbled as Jimin stood up and he rested his hand along Jimin’s lower back, urging him forward. Successfully moving the younger forward, Jungkook fell into step next to Yoongi.

 

“You sang really well though Jimin hyung.” The words were meek but sincere and the maknae’s roundabout way of apologizing to boot. He couldn’t see but Jimin was smiling warmly at the compliment, he nodded and muttered a thank you.

 

Slipping his hand into Yoongi’s, Jungkook pulled the elder who looked like he was falling asleep on his feet towards his bedroom. The slurring of his voice felt like a blanket as it washed over Jungkook’s ears, so familiar and comforting.

 

“My room’s that way…”

 

“I know hyung.” Jungkook ignored the suggestion that he was going the wrong way. As Jimin was about to pass the two, Jungkook’s hand wrapped around his.

 

“You’ll wake Hoseok up.”

 

Another smile for that night passed Jimin’s lips, it always amused him how the younger would find alternate ways for saying what he wanted. He nodded and let Jungkook lead both Yoongi and him into the younger’s bedroom. He was the only one who actually had a room to himself. As soon as the three were over the threshold, Yoongi was in the bed, curled up near the wall, Jungkook stripped, following suit and wrapping his arm over Yoongi’s waist, spooning him. Jimin was going to settle for the floor but a few moments after he could hear the soft patting sound of Jungkook’s hand on the empty mattress next to him.

 

“There’s enough room.”

 

“Alright, Jungkookie.”

 

The two whispered softly but it wasn’t low enough, a deep grumble came from Yoongi that sounded something like shut the up but wasn’t the clearest. It made Jungkook laugh, sending vibrations across Yoongi’s back, causing another groan and oddly enough, the elder to pull Jungkook’s hand closer against his chest. Maybe even the gentle press of his lips against each of Jungkook’s knuckles, something he wouldn't admit to in the morning. Pulling the covers up, Jimin joined the other two and instantly felt the younger grabbing his wrist and resting it over his waist.

 

“You’re cute sometimes Jungkookie.”

 

“No.”

 

More vibrations could be felt through the skin to skin contact and this time it was as clear as day,

 

“Shut the up. ‘M trying t’sleep.”