#69 - Hoseok x You

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#69 - “I don’t care what you talk about, can you just keep talking?”

Hoseok x You

Word Count: 720

 

It wasn’t like you to be so emotional. It wasn’t like you to be thrown so off-kilter by stumbling upon something you weren’t meant to see. However, when it came to your mother kiss another man… Well, that threw you off your guard. It shouldn’t be a big deal, you shouldn’t feel so upset, so hurt by her kissing a man that wasn’t your father. She was a grown woman, she could do what she wanted. Afterall, your father had passed away a number of years ago. You weren’t a six year old who needed to be sheltered from the world. You were already in college and starting your first steps into the real world.

 

Still, you stumbled back from the small chicken stall that’s on your way home and turned around. Walking as fast as you could, a heaviness around your heart as you recognized that it was the man who lived just a few houses down the block from you. Knocking your shoulder hard into another person barely phased you, yet you still mumbled an apology and tried to move on. A strong grip on your wrist stopped you, automatically you began yanking your arm back.

 

“Excuse you!”

 

Whipping your head around wildly your eyes met with a familiar face. Jung Hoseok. He was a year younger than you and someone you had oddly, not one but three classes with. To top it all off, just last week you applied for a job at a sauna on the weekends and he worked there too. It was weird but the two of you had grown closer with each passing day. Over the past year he had become a good friend and confidant. So, when your tears streamed down your face, he didn’t bat an eye, just entwined your fingers and pulled you off down the street. Taking you to a comfortable cafe, the two of you sometimes visited. He sat you down, wiped your tears away with both of his thumbs and ordered you a hot green chai tea. A steaming teacup was brought back, nothing for him. Hoseok pulled his chair next to yours and took a seat.

 

Your tears were hard to keep back but all you could do was shake your head and silently laugh at yourself with your head hanging.

 

“Drink some tea. It’s your favorite. Right, Green Chai with splenda only, because we know how upset you get if someone gives you Sweet ‘N Low, oh no we don’t want that again. Poor Jungmo, he really got it that day.” He reached over, picking up your hands from your lap and placed them around the teacup. The heat felt nice against your hands.

 

“Blow on it though, it doesn’t feel hot but it is. Woooweee, look at steam.”

 

He kept talking awhile you continued to be quiet, not sure of yourself. Not wanting to let those tears spill again.

 

“Or do you want me to blow on it?” Hoseok wiggled his eyebrows and leaned closer.

 

“Of course you do.” He blew on your tea a few times before sitting up again, all smiles,

 

“I know you have a thing for me, Noona.”

 

Unintentionally, you cracked a very small smile. The way he was speaking was just so silly. It was flirty but over the top at the same time. Hoseok brushed the strands of hairs that had fallen into your face behind your ear. His eyes were warm and his smile bright, tinged with concern but he was trying not to let it show too much. It was sweet. He was sweet. This was exactly what you needed right now. Ignoring his teasing, you blurted out what you were thinking.

 

“I don’t care what you talk about, can you just keep talking?”

 

Your water brimmed eyes watch him as he hesitated for just a moment as he comprehended what you said and then took off on the most random topic he could possibly find. It didn’t matter though, he was here for you. Hoseok looked over you in any way that he could, in the way that you needed. No questions asked, nothing in return. Your heart swelled, the sadness was ebbing away with each word that he spoke and maybe… Just maybe, you did have a thing for him. At least after this moment.