#41/96 - HopeKook

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#41/96 - “Why did we think this would be a good idea?/I was thinking about our future.”

HopeKook

Word Count: 639

 

Routines. They were so easy to fall into but not so easy to fall out of. How often did you wake up in the morning, stretch, crawl out of bed, go to the bathroom and then brush your teeth? When did that routine even start? As if you could even remember. They were easy to do and it happened with people too. The ones you walked in the hallways with to each class, the time you get up from your desk at work to get your “morning” coffee with the coworker that’s down the hall. Those were all routines, it happened all the time.

 

“I was thinking about our future.”

 

Words that held such a heavy weight managed to float through the air only to drop an oppressive atmosphere over the two of them. Jungkook looked up from his dinner plate, setting his hand off to the side, chopsticks still in hand. He swallowed almost nervously, with anticipation of what was to follow.

 

“Ahem,” he cleared his throat,

 

“What future?”

 

Those weren’t the words he meant to use, it sounded absolutely terrible. Like he had never intended for them to have a future, that he didn’t want to be with Hoseok who he had been with for the last three years. As if, he had just felt the man he moved in with was just a passing fling and nothing more. He didn’t though. He hadn’t thought of anything. Emotions, lust, feelings he couldn’t name swept him along and while Jungkook didn’t mean to say such harsh words, he didn’t exactly want to take them back.

 

A soft chuckle could be heard from across the table. Hoseok gazed at the other man with nothing more than fondness in his gaze.

 

“Exactly, what future? Why did we think this would be a good idea?”

 

The question was rhetorical but Jungkook was nodding his head anyway. He agreed, why had they thought this was a good idea. He loved the man in front of him, he had always loved the man in front of him. They were compatible in so many ways, physically, ually, musically and more. Love though? He didn’t believe he had ever actually been in love with Hoseok and Jungkook was pretty sure the same went for Hoseok.

 

“It was comfortable and I’m great in bed.”

 

A smirk flashed across Jungkook’s lips and that just made the other man burst into laughter. He had a good hearty laugh, even a few tears came to his eyes. Hoseok nodded,

 

“You really are.” Jungkook set down his chopsticks, standing up he walked across the table to Hoseok, he leaned down, cupping the man’s smooth cheek and brushed his lips against his once more. It was just as sweet as their kisses had always been. That was it though, just sweet.

 

Comfortable.

 

That was what they were and it worked for awhile. It worked for a long time. Hell, Jungkook wouldn’t mind continuing it but he knew it better not to. They had done this dance for too long, it was best to move on.

 

“Don’t be jealous when I’m dating someone hotter than you.” The older man teased, as he gazed into his old lover's warm eyes.

 

“Hah, old man. You’ll be the one jealous.” Jungkook ran his tongue along the inside of his mouth until he pushed it out on the side of his cheek. A hard slap landed on his before it squeezed and the cheeky grin that the elder gave him just made the younger tilt his head in challenge.

 

Nothing much would change between them. They had been great friends for the last two years not if not three. There was no doubt in Jungkook’s mind that they would still talk every day, hang out but platonically. As it really should have been all along.