#95 - Taehyung x You

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#95 - “Why do you like him so much?”

Taehyung x You

Word Count: 840

 

Sliding into the wall of the ice rink, you grabbed on and stopped hard. Your eyes immediately rose meet with the boy who had just asked you a question that utterly baffled you. The overhead music was loud, the sound of ice being sliced could be heard by the other skaters in the rink as they zoomed past, some fast others slow but the two of you were in your own little bubble.

 

“What are you talking about, Taehyung?”

 

His brown creased in the center, frustration. You weren’t the only one but now his eyes hardened. It was strange to ever see Taehyung mad but it happened from time to time. You both stared each at each other, neither one backing down.

 

“Why do you like him so much? Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about. You’re always making googly eyes at Jungkook, it’s sickening.”

 

The feeling of your jaw hitting the ice below you never came because you ground your teeth instead. Today was supposed to be a fun day at the rink, you had asked Taehyung to join you, skate for a bit. He had been improving after all and you didn’t want his skills to falter because he didn’t go enough. Mostly, though, you just wanted to spend time with him.

 

Alone.

 

Just the two of you.

 

Was he really that blind? Apparently.

 

Running your hand through hair, that you had unfortunately forgotten a hair band when you left your house, you let you a sigh in exasperation.

 

“Sickening? Then I suppose you don’t have to watch then do you.” Reigning in your temper was hard, it always had been and Kim Taehyung had always known just what buttons to press and when. It had been this way since the moment you met him five years ago. Five years, wow it was a long time. You hadn’t even realized that many years had passed. Here you were five years later and still arguing with each other. Nothing changes.

 

“Min..ah…”

 

Taehyung tapered off, it seemed like he was about to say something important but then lost his steam and now he seemed lost and you didn’t really know where you wanted to go from here. It would be so easy to just walk away. Well, skate away. It’d be so easy to snap at him, let him misunderstand more.

 

“Look around, do you see Jungkook anywhere? Is he the one who is next to me right now?”

 

Your sharp eyes forced him to hold your gaze and he slowly shook his head no but you could tell he still wasn’t getting it.

 

“That’s right because I asked you Taehyung. I wanted to spend time with you. If you’d stop focusing on what you want to then maybe you’d see what’s really in front of you.”

 

“Uh...wh-what?”

 

Sliding a foot closer to him, you used the wall to move closer and took his hand in yours.

 

“Five years, Taehyung-ah. We’ve been friends for five years. Do you know why?” His dark eyes stare into yours searching for answers that his mind had blocked for who knows how long. He didn’t answer, you didn’t expect him to.

 

“Because you never make a move. Because I’m too afraid to. Ask me out.”

 

Glancing down at your hands, pink began to dust your cheeks. The unease spread throughout your stomach making it churn. You had always felt that there was more than just friendship, that there was good chemistry between the too of you but this friendship was precious. At first you made yourself think it needed to be protected but in reality you were just scared of the change, of the unknown, of the possibilities.

 

Taehyung was still comprehending what you said but eventually you raised your gaze from the hand that was still holding yours. The warmth you felt there you wanted to feel every day. The silence stretched but you knew that he needed time so you let it be. Waiting patiently just like you had always done.

 

“But we are out?”

 

“Oh my god, Taehyung just ask me to be your girlfriend already or maybe I will make googly eyes at Jungkook.”

 

Oops, there went that raging frustration you could never well quell very much. His eyes grew as big as saucers but then a slow grin spread and he laughed. Pulling on your hand he pulled you into his embrace and nuzzled your neck until it make you wiggle because it tickled.

 

“Ah, stop, that tickles.”

 

“Don’t you ever make googly eyes at Jungkook again.”

 

Letting out a soft sigh, you rolled your eyes,

 

“Never did in the first place.”

 

Taehyung hugged you for a few more moments before finally releasing you and spreading his fingers in between yours, clasping them tightly. He began to skate away from the wall and you followed suit. His smile being the brightest object in your sky, as it always had been. One you would always guide you home.

 

Kim Taehyung had always been your home.