#68 - Jungkook x You

CLOSED: SEASON TWO: Send Me A Pairing/Bias And A Number And I’ll Write You A Drabble

#68 - “Go ahead- rip my heart out.”

Jungkook x You

Word Count: 731

 

Ping!

 

Jungkook looked down at the coffee table where his phone was resting. He had just got in from work and practically fell onto his couch, so tired. Work had been exhausting and pulling a 60 hour week wasn’t helping to make it any better. However, he reached for the iPhone to read the message that he had been sent. Opening the message from Yugyeom, there were no words just a picture. The picture was clear but it was dark so it made it a little difficult to make out who he was seeing, Jungkook sat up, forearms resting on his knees, leaning closer to the screen. In less than a second he had recognized you, there you were sitting in another man’s lap, left arm wrapped around his neck, laughing so enthusiastically, like you were just last week for him.

 

It wasn’t often that Jungkook got mad but here he was, after working a 60 hour week feeling guilty about being unable to give you as much attention as he’d like and really just wanting to call you and hear your voice only to see this. You had been dating over seven months and there were ups and downs but overall everything had been good. Or so he thought. At first he was concerned over why his phone was shaking, it wasn’t vibrating but then he noticed, he was shaking. His entire body, especially his hands were shaking, with a quiet hot rage. His fingers hovered over the screen, relaxed then hovered again. He couldn’t figure out what he wanted to do but his insides were boiling.

 

Throwing his phone on the table he stood up and walked over to the wall, curling his hand into a fist he punched the wall next to his television. Not once, not twice but three times. The skin peeled back, blood seeped to the surface slowly, it wasn’t oozing but it was present. He’d need to disinfect and treat the wound but that was the last of his worries at the moment. His chest heaved up and down heavily, as he breathed through his nose trying to calm himself. Walking back to the table he picked up his phone that had a nice new crack in it and dialed your number. He wasn’t surprised that you let it go to voicemail, you were in a club after all.

 

Me [1:16AM]: Babe, you still up?

Jagi [1:35AM]: Sleeping… Or I was.

Me [1:16AM]: {Image}

~Calling Jagi~

 

The phone rang, rang and rang then went to voicemail. Letting out a big breath, Jungkook inhaled slowly. Deciding to leave a voicemail, Jungkook tried to reign in all of the venom he wanted to spew at you. As livid as he was at this moment he didn’t want to be that guy. That guy that just lost control and was a complete . More than being angry, he was hurt. He had thought the two of you shared something real but maybe it was just him, alone.

 

“That’s a first, I never thought you’d lie to me and even worse you’re not picking up the phone now… God, I don’t even know what to say to you right now… What is there to say really?” He sighed into the phone, long pauses he couldn’t help from happening. He didn’t know what he was doing at all. Rubbing his temples, Jungkook fell back into the couch and sighed in defeat, pinpricks of tears hitting the back of his eyes.

 

“Go ahead- rip my heart out. Jagi, I-“ He hung up, a sob threatened to escape, the tears wet his cheeks. Throwing his head back on the couch, he squeezed his eyes shut and gripped the phone so tight, he felt like he might be iron man and crush it.

 

Ping!

 

Another text, raising his head slowly, Jungkook’s lashes fluttered open, he clicked on the message and read your message.

 

Jagi [2:01AM]: Can we talk about this tomorrow?

 

He didn’t reply. The phone fell out of his hand and he just stared blankly at the black television screen in front of him. Tear tracks on his cheeks as more followed the same road. As much as he wanted to hate you, he couldn’t and that hurt him all the more. His heart would mend, he knew this but the scar you left would remain forevermore.