The Reason

Living The Celebrity Life

 

It Has To Be You – Yesung

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACWXbusW9BY

 

~●♥●~

 

*Shindong’s POV*

 

I was going back to our booth when I bumped into Min Young and I apologized. I was about to go make my way out when she suddenly grabbed my arm.

 

“Wae? Is there something wrong?” I asked.

“Oppa, is Leeteuk oppa okay?” she asked with concern. ! She noticed.

 

“I think so. He’s been like that for a month already. After his final schedule, he would go here and drink. Then he’ll go home drunk,” I said.

“Do you know why?” she asked. This girl has good senses.

“I-i..” I was stuttering until Donghae interrupted me. He has to take her home since it’s almost midnight. As soon as they were out of sight, I leaned on the wall and took a deep breath.

 

*flashback*

 

I just came back from a date with Ae Rin when I saw Leeteuk hyung drinking by the living room. It’s surprising to see him drunk. He never gets drunk, only when he’s sad or hurt. Something’s not right.

 

“Hyung, you shouldn’t be drinking. We have a performance tomorrow in Inkigayo,” I told him.

He turned to look at me and I could see that his eyes were red from crying.

“Shindong-ah. Hyung’s hurt,” he said.

“Hurt? Why would you be hurt. You look perfectly fine,” I said to him as I checked his body for any injuries.

“Hyung’s hurt here,” he said as he was clutching hi heart.

I was confused at first. I don’t remember him going on a date with someone he likes.

“What do you mean hyung?” I asked him.

“She doesn’t like me,” he said as he looked at his bottle as if it was some weird thing. I kept silent at first.

“She went to Donghae,” he said.

“Who went to Donghae?” I asked him. I wanted to know who that girl was.

“Min Young-ah. Min Young went to Donghae. She chose him,” he said finally. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

“Mwoh? Since when? They just met right?” I asked him.

“Donghae asked her to be his girlfriend on her graduation party. Min Young liked him in the first place but she got hurt when we saw Donghae and Jessica kiss at our building. They just broke up because Donghae was falling for Min Young,” hyung blurted.

Min Young liking Donghae is no surprise. She admitted that she likes Donghae when we met her. But Donghae and Jessica-ssi?” I thought.

“Shindong-ah..” hyung called me.

“Ne hyung?”

“You keep it a secret eh?” he told me. He’s really drunk now. He laid his head on my lap and dropped his last bottle.

 

I couldn’t move since I was trying to let everything sink in. Donghae hasn’t told me anything about Min Young and him nor about him and Jessica-ssi. He has a lot of explaining to do. I was trying to stand up carefully when I heard keys rattle outside of our dorm. It was Heechul hyung and Kang-In hyung.

 

“What happened to him?” Kang-In hyung asked.

“He’s drunk,” I told them.

“Drunk? He never gets drunk,” he said.

“Aish! This guy! Always drinks whenever he’s sad,” Heechul hyung said. The three of us brought Leeteuk hyung to his room. When we were assisting him, he began to sing Gee and became very noisy. When we entered his room, we found Donghae’s bed empty.

Maybe he’s with Min Young,” I thought.

As soon as we laid Leeteuk hyung in his bed, he slept fast. We tucked him to bed and left the room silently.

“What’s wrong with him?” Kang-In asked.

“He’s heartbroken,” Heechul hyung and I said at the same time.

“Mwoh? Was he dating someone?” he asked.

“Ani. He was about to confess to Min Young at her party but he saw Donghae asking Min Young to be his girlfriend. Apparantly, Leeteuk and Donghae weren’t the only ones who like Min Young,” Heechul hyung said.

“There’s someone else?” I asked.

“Hyukjae, too,” he said.

“Mwoh?!” Kang-In hyung and I said at the same time.

“Since that night, Leeteuk hyung kept drinking at night. That’s why he refuses to join us whenever we’re having fun,” Heechul hyung said.

 

*end of flashback*

 

At this date, the whole group knows, except for Donghae, why Leeteuk hyung’s drinking every night.

 

“Mianhe Min Young-ah. I can’t tell you hyung’s condition right now. If I did, I would be in big trouble. Plus, you’re happy with Donghae-yah,” I talked to myself.

 

“Shindong-ah. Oh good, you’re here!” Heechul hyung said as soon as he saw me.

“Wae? Is there something wrong?” I asked him as I stood straight.

“We have to go. Teukie’s talking nonsense. He went across his limits again,” he told me.

“Aish that guy,” I said as we went to our booth to help hyung.

 

“Waaahh! Shindong-ah! Come! Join *hiccup* me!!~~” Leeteuk hyung said as he raised an empty bottle of soju.

This guy should learn how to deal with his feelings,” I thought to myself as I help hyung stand up.

 

~●♥●~