Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 15

 

The summer air settled into the little town of Los Angeles as the handle of the clock hit nine. A bell system, somewhere inside of the Bishop Alemany High School, rung. The main entrance doubled doors sung opened as students piled out for their first day of summer vacation. Yells were heard here & there while the three hundred pound principle looked down on them even though he was five times shorter than half of the students.

 

A big smile appeared on a beautiful face. She fanned her face with her small hand & then put them on her wide hips as a young student winked at her.


“Watch those eyes of yours, Jace.” She called, after him.

 

He winked again, “I can’t help them, Ms. Kwon.” He called back, & waved, “Have a great summer. I will see you next year.”

 

Yuri let out a laugh, “You have a good summer, too. Bye.”

 

After a few minutes of saying goodbye, Yuri walked back to her office. Years had passed & her job as a guidance counselor was great. The summer was going to be harder since she had to complete the students schedules. Even though summer vacation has begun just now, she had to stay until five since it was half a day for the students.

 

Still, the smile was plastered on her face. Yuri sat back down on her chair & began typing again. Not only did she have to finish her typing but she also had to clean her office up for next year. Taking in a deep breath after an hour later, Yuri got up & started to clean the room. She reached over for the picture frame & grabbed onto it. She kissed it & smiled, “I love you Hyunnie.”

 

Hours later, she looked at her kate spade new york chronograph gramercy grand rose gold-tone stainless steel bracelet watch & cursed, “Darn!” She stood up & started to pack up her stuff into her briefcase. She drove home & shook out the apartment key from the rest but there was no need to when the door flew open & a cry came out.


“Mommy! You are home!” A little voice shouted out, & grabbed onto Yuri’s leg. She laughed & picked up her little boy.


“Hi sweetie.” She said, & kissed his cheeks, “Have you been good at daycare & to aunt Min?”

 

He bobbed his head up & down, “Yes mommy, but aunt Min had been very lazy.”


“Had she now?”

 

He again, bobbed his head, “I want to go to the zoo today, mommy.”

 

Yuri shut the door & threw her briefcase onto the couch. She put her three year old son down on his feet, kneeled down in front of him & straightened his blue brooklyn overall, “Mommy has a lot of stuff to do today & mommy is very sorry. Forgive her?”

 

He pouted & held the straps of his overall, “Hyunnie forgive mommy.”

 

Yuri smiled & shuffled his short black hair, “Thank you, sweetie, but mommy promises to take you to the zoo next week. Okay?”

 

His hazel brown, almond-shaped eyes lit up along with his cute plump lips, “Really?”


“Really.” He jumped up & down & hugged Yuri. She kissed his cheeks & straightened his overall again, “Go get aunt Min & then we will start dinner.”

 

Taehyun smiled, showing his cute teeth, “No broccoli?” She laughed & shook her head. He ran into Mina’s room with his little feet & Yuri could hear his cute voice. She got up from her kneeling position & walked into the kitchen.


“Finally, you are home.” Mina said, from behind while Yuri rolled her eyes, “That little nephew of mine.” Mina shook her head, “Is already a man.”

 

Yuri laughed & began to wash the salad, “Since you are done with school already, I hope you won’t mind looking after Hyunnie for me. I guess this summer is going to be harder than the last.”


“Acuna matata.”


“Don’t tell me you put on that movie again.” Yuri sighed with a smile.


“I can’t help it. Hyunnie kept telling me to rewind it over & over again. I’m telling you Yuri, he’s addicted to that movie.”


“I love that movie aunt Mina.” Taehyun’s little voice said, from behind them. He pulled out a big chair & climbed onto it. His behind popped onto the seat, “& I like that skinny rat.”


“He’s a cat, sweetie.” Yuri said, & placed his applesauce in front of him. She put a napkin under his chin & patted his cheek, “Now eat. You will have your pasta & dessert after you finish your applesauce. Alright?” “Yes, mommy.” Taehyun replied, & started eating.

 

Yuri turned to Mina & whispered, “What did Ms. Palmer say about Hyunnie?”

 

Mina smiled, “He’s the smartness one in the class, even for a three year old.” Mina paused then continued, “& cutest.”


“That’s my little boy & oh.” She sighed & covered her face with her hands.


“What’s wrong?” Mina asked, as she put a hand around Yuri’s shoulder.


“Oh, I just forgot.” She mumbled again, over her hands, “I promised to take Hyunnie to the zoo next week but I’m busy than.”


“So, I’m guessing that you want me to take him?” Mina said, not surprised.

 

Yuri smiled then, “Thank you, Min. You are the best aunt a boy can have.”


“& I heard that phases a thousand of times before.” She said, & started to pour the drinks.

 

Yuri sighed as she placed the salad on the table. She looked at her little three year old boy & smiled sadly. Ever since Taehyun had turned three, she had never had the time to spend a special day with him. Her job was competing against her time with her son. She always tries her best to complete her work before hand & then later on, spend her time with her son but that hardly happens.


“Hyunnie, please wipe your mouth.” Yuri said, as she reached over & wiped his mouth with the napkin, “Are you finish?”

 

He nodded, “Yes, mommy.”


“That’s my good boy. The pasta is almost finish. Drink your juice while you wait.”

 

He nodded again. Being a good boy to his mommy was more important to him than anything else. He was the smartest kid in the daycare center & that was to impress his mommy.

 

Jaejoong raised his cup as he ended his truce. He brought it near his mouth & took a sip out of it. Putting the cup back down onto the table, he looked around the room, trying to spot his eight month fiance who had disappear just before he had made his truce. A smile appeared on his handsome face as he spotted her walking towards him. He overlook at her burgundy goldtone necklace solid fit & flare dress that snuggly hung onto her figure. As she reached him, he slid a hand under her arms & held onto her tiny waist.


“Where were you?” He whispered into her ear, as if he was afraid someone would eavesdrop.

 

She glanced up at him as he led her outside to the walk in garden, “Bathroom problems, honey.”

 

Jaejoong chuckled & tickled her cheek with his lips. He stopped his playing & told her to sit down on the wooden bench. After seeing her fidgeting with her dress, he smoothed out & sat down next by her, “Are you okay now? Or should I take you home?”


“I’m okay, Jae Oppa.” She said, with a smile & touched his cheeks, “Our wedding is in three months & that looks like a long time.”


“I know, sweetie.” He said dreamily, as he fiddled with the end of her shoulder-length, brown hair, “I can’t wait to see you walk down that aisle with your beautiful smile while I will be waiting impatiently on the altar.”


“I can tell that you are already impatient now.” She giggled.

 

He chuckled & leaned over to kiss her lightly on the lips then pulled back, “You haven’t told me yet if your parents are coming.”

 

Her face reddened in the dark, “They are busy this summer again. I’m sorry, Oppa. I should have told you about this earlier.”


“You got nothing to be sorry about, Sica. I will ask them again. They really should come, it’s their oldest daughter getting married & I know that they will regret if they don’t come at all.” He said, trying to comfort her but she shook her head.


“Work is too important for my dad & my mom, she…”


“I know & I’m sorry but what about your sister, Krystal? I’m sure she will love to come & be one of the bridesmaids.”

 

Her face brightened up, “She’s coming.”


“See, you got a family member coming so brighten up. If you are not bright enough then I guess I will just have to brighten up your day after the wedding.” Jaejoong smiled his silly smile.

 

She blushed before him, “You always brighten up my days, silly.”

 

The windowed door open & a woman of twenty-three of age stepped into the spotlight, coming through the door, “Jessica? Are you out here?”

 

Jessica turned to look at Jaejoong. He nodded his head. She got up from the bench & walked into the light, “What is it Seohyun?”


“Come inside. I got some lady friends to introduce to you.”


“I’m coming.” Jessica said, as the door closed behind her friend. She averted her body back to face Jaejoong, “You want to come?”

 

He shook his head but remembered that he was in the dark, “No. You go ahead. I will like to stay out here for a while.” He replied.


“Are you sure? I can…”


“I’m sure, Sica. Go ahead. I will come back in later.”

 

She nodded her head, opened the door & entered the museum. He watched her back until she disappeared. With a smile on, Jaejoong looked up at the dark sky. He closed his eyes & felt a little breeze went past him, “The summer breeze.” He whispered to himself. He opened his eyes back up & saw a shooting star with a flash. Shaking his head, Jaejoong closed his eyes again, & made a wish.

 

“Wishing upon a shooting star?” Doyeon’s voice sounded behind him indifferently.

 

Jaejoong’s smile faded, “As a matter of fact, yes.”

 

Doyeon sat down beside him & looked up at the sky. After all these years, he still can never believe Jaejoong’s innocences nor can Jaejoong forgive him for getting his sister pregnant.


“Where is June?” Jaejoong asked, to keep the non-conversation going.


“Inside.” Doyeon replied plainly, “So?” He said, never wanting to ask the question, “You ready for the wedding?”

 

Jaejoong stared at Doyeon & nodded his head, “I believe so. I’m the one who asked Jessica to marry me.”

 

“Sure you can keep this marriage going? As I see the last one, it didn’t last long as I thought it will be.” He averted his gaze to look at Jaejoong, “I can’t help you with this marriage & make it last longer. I can’t even stop you from cheating.”

 

Jaejoong’s face hardened as he looked at Doyeon, “Let the past be the past.”


“I will love to do that but it seems like I can hardly help myself.” Doyeon leaned against the tree behind him with his arms cross.


“You already had. Don’t you remember my sister?” Asked Jaejoong, as he popped his mid-arms on top of his knee.

 

Doyeon stared at his back & then got up, afraid that he will lose his temper. He had already lost something that he had married Ahjoong for but the damn man had still dared to mention his wife’s name & the problem that had caused him to marry her! This sounded like a battle but it was more like a war. He turned his back on Jaejoong & walked back into the dark.


Jaejoong let out a breath of deep hatred of the conversation. Lord curse him; he didn’t mean to say that to Doyeon. He had been through enough. The hate & unwanted Ahjoong had gave him was more than he had needed. His sister was truly being unfair & Yuri, the name. He breathed in the night air & let it out easily. The name he hadn’t forgotten. The face he hadn’t forgotten. The voice he hadn’t forgotten. The only thing that was forgotten was his only love for her.