Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 99

 

“Careful.”

 

Yuri bit her lips, confidence in herself. Her hands were tight on the bars. She can feel the healing rib inside of her crying out. The cast had been taken off from her left foot for the physical training & his hands were so gentle on her waist. She remembered so well his caress on her growing belly when she was pregnant.

 

“There you go. See, you are finish.”

 

She looked up through her eyelashes at him. He was being overprotected. The color of his face was still the same. He seemed to be losing weight & so was she. Looking back down at the ground, Yuri let him turn her around & began another round of walking.


“Do you feel much better?”

 

She nodded her head, though she felt truly unwell being near him again. He was here with her in the hospital every day, probably skipping lunch & work. She didn’t want to worry about him but she was.


“Another round & we will be finish.” She blinked desperately. He acted as if they were both injured, “There. You are finished.” He led her to a seat while he sat down on the ground, massaging her foot. She swallowed, looking down at him.


“You don’t have to do this, Jae Oppa.” He suddenly looked up at her. She forced herself to gaze into his eyes, “I’m perfectly fine, really.”

 

Jaejoong smiled at the corner of his lips somberly, “I know.” Then he focused back onto massaging her foot. Yuri closed her eyes, leaning back onto the chair & putting her head against the wall, “If you are tired we will head back to the room.”


“I’m fine.” Yuri said, waving his words away. She really did feel fine but it was the guilty voice he carried that made her feel guilty. She really did try to tell him that she didn’t blame him all these days but she couldn’t. Maybe that was the thing that had been slowing them both down.


“Mrs. Kim, there’s someone in your room waiting for a visit.”

 

Yuri opened her eyes, focusing on the nurse before her & then she nodded. It was probably one of the student from the school, “Thank you.” The nurse left in a hurry to do her other jobs. Sitting up, Yuri reached out for the shoe sitting beside the chair. Before she can put them on herself, Jaejoong gently snatched it away from her.

 

“I will put it on for you.”


“Oppa.” He looked up at her again, putting the only shoe on her right foot, “Go back to your work & have lunch. I can take care of myself.” He seemed discontent & again, his focus on tying the shoe laces.


“I already had lunch.” He peered up at her, “& there isn’t any case.” He stood up then & offered her his arm for support. She gazed at him, dissatisfied but then took his arm, not wanting to delay the person waiting for her. He leaded her to the wheel chair not far away & then wheeled her out of the room.


“Is Hyunnie going to visit me tonight?”


“He can’t wait.” Jaejoong replied, pushing the button in the elevator to their floor.


“We are still going to celebrate his birthday, Oppa. He’s been asking me about it for a month now.”

 

A squeeze came at her shoulder, “Yul, I’m not so sure…”

 

Yuri shook her head, taking in a deep breath, “We will but in the hospital. I will get well before this weekend & I will get out of this hospital.” She took in a big breath again, “There’s no sense to celebrate anything in here. I’m going home no matter what Dr. Chang says.”


Jaejoong pressed her arm again, “You will.” But he had doubts. There was no way he was going to let her out of the hospital unless the doctor says so.

 

The elevator door opened. He pushed her out & turned left. Her hands played with one another, having difficulty if to talk to him or not. He made another turn. She breathed in slowly, taking her time. Nearing the door, she mumbled his name. He glanced down at her & opened the door.


“Yes? Did you want something?”


“Oppa, I.” She stopped, seeing the person she didn’t imagine being in the room, standing & looking up at a portrait with his hands in his pockets. If he had heard their voices, he was now turning around to face them. With her lips parted a bit, she tried to smile & tired not so hard to seem surprised, “Hi.”

 

Donghae nodded but his eyes were fully on Jaejoong. Yuri grimaced, wanting to know what expression her husband was having. She should have persuaded him to leave. Before she can open to speak again, he pushed her in & closed the door with his foot which seemed more like a slam. Silence took the place of the room. It seemed forever for the wheelchair to reach the bed. Jaejoong walked around, fixed the bed & turned around to face her.

 

She peered up at him. Nothing. Nothing was plainly written on his face. Her eyes were on him as he helped her get out of the wheelchair & up onto the bed. The pressure she gave upon his shoulder tightened as he laid her on the bed. He looked down at her in the eyes & then quickly looked away. She her now dried lips & swallowed thickly.


“Hi, Donghae Oppa.” She began again, “It’s nice to see you here.” He gave the same response, a nod, his eyes still fully on Jaejoong then his gaze shifted to her.


“Can I talk to you?” A glance was thrown over to Jaejoong’s direction, “Alone?”


“I don’t see why this should be a secret.” Jaejoong uttered out, before Yuri can respond, “It’s enough seeing what I shouldn’t have seen.” He cursed there inwardly. His feet carried him over to the window & his gaze fell upon the parking lot.


“Jae Oppa…”


“I’m not planning to leave you alone, Yul.” He breathed out, somehow trying to calm down his growing temper, “I’m going to see to it that you eat your dinner.”

 

Yuri took in a deep breath along with her husband’s lie. Dinner wasn’t until seven, “Please?” She sharpened her gaze on him, “I will eat whatever you want.” Hesitantly, Jaejoong angled his head, matching eyes with eyes. He seemed remote for his action but his words weren’t so far away.


“I told you, Yul, I’m not going anywhere.”


“Can’t you give some air to your wife?”

 

Jaejoong averted sharply towards Donghae, his eyes darkening, “Do you not think that you had created enough problems? What the hell makes you think that I will leave my wife alone with a man that was about to break up a family? I’m her husband who witnessed that scene. The scene of a man seducing my wife.” Instead of trying to calm his breathing, Jaejoong let it out. He raked his hair like a madman, pacing back & forth.

 

“You are the one who should be giving us air. Dammit!” He kicked a chair then fell silent. With his head down, Jaejoong held the top of his nose from a slight throbbing that was occurring, “Just...Just get out.” A silence fell again, but the sound of his breathing, the birds chirping outside & the machines were music to their ears.

 

“I’m sorry about the loss of the baby.” Donghae said, breaking the silence like a mirror, “I...I just found out about it yesterday.” He moved his eyes from Jaejoong to Yuri, “I didn’t know.” It came out as a whisper.

 

“I’m so sorry. It’s my fault for my unusual behavior. I know my apologies will never be forgiven but I came here today to apologize for my foolish action. I...I feel embarrassed, truly.” He sighed, “Well, I guess I’m really here for nothing.” A smile came at the corner of his thin lips, “I’m really sorry. Just to let you know, Jaejoong, nothing happened. Goodbye.”

 

Yuri would have loved Donghae’s company more than the silence that he had left them in. Now tired, she leaned her head back & closed her eyes, not wanting to know that the husband she loves was standing right beside the bedside.

 

So, it wasn’t difficult after all for Donghae to find out that she was pregnant & then had a miscarriage. Would that had made a change of his feelings for her anyway? She doubted.

 

Yuri let out a small sigh, trying to get comfortable. She felt her hands moving to touch her flat belly. Several times had she done that as a feeling of emptiness filled her. A hand landed on top of hers. She opened her eyes, knowing well that it was her husband.


“I’m sorry.”


“It’s fine.”

 

He shook his head, looking as tired as her, “No, I’m sorry about our baby.” His eyes glinted, “I was a fool then. She would still be with you if I hadn’t been so off from my mind.”


“I don’t blame you.”


“Then stop blaming yourself.” His tone was serious; yet, there was a bit of humor along with it, “It’s not your fault either.” He leaned down & kissed her cheek, “We are putting too much pressure on ourselves.” He soothed a lock of hair away from her forehead while smiling down at her, “We will get another baby. We will alright?” She nodded, lifting up the cornered of her lips. He tilted his head, “How do you feel? Are you still feeling weak? Are you aching anywhere?”


“No.”


“Good.” Jaejoong said, now smiling again, “I hadn’t kiss you fully in a long time now. Nobody will be visiting until later tonight. Another check up won’t be for an hour or so.” His eyes turned lazy, “Mind if I kiss you?” Yuri smiled but closed her eyes, “I’m tired.”


“Am I hearing a no?”


“I didn’t say that.”