Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 91

 

Her red lips trembled. Her body temperature rose but then, she suddenly clenched her teeth together. What did it matter? He flirted with her as if she was a treasure. He smiled as if he wanted her to fall for him. He raked his hair as if he was telling her to come over.

 

Like him, she raked her angry hand through her hair. Long now that she had been standing & watching from behind the oak tree & long now that she knows how much her husband was attracted to that woman. What did Sunny Lee Sunkyu have that she doesn’t? She was Kim Ahjoong, a model anyone would love to get as a wife. What did Kwon Doyeon want from a woman? Sweetness? Trustworthy? Love? But they had never loved each other. Is he expecting that now?


“Ahjoong.”

 

She gasped & abruptly turned around, leaning against the tree as her father-in-law stare bewilderedly at her. One of her hand was placed over her heart, the other against the tree. She smiled & then the smile was gone, guilty, finally caught.


“Hi, dad.”

 

His huge brows met in the middle, “What are you doing here, Ahjoong?”

 

She looked up at the oak tree with guilt. Easing from the tree, her hands ran down her navy//hunter green silk georgette tartan dress with care & as if the tree was the guilty one, “I’m here to...yeah, to have lunch with Doyeon.” She smiled, showing her straight, white teeth.


“Lunch break won’t be until another five hours.”

 

The smile disappeared, “Oh my, my watch is out of batteries than.” She laughed mirthlessly, tapping the frame of her working legacy sport chrono stainless steel strap watch, “I’m planning to go to the mall this afternoon.” She said, then added, “After having lunch with Doyeon.”

 

Mr. Kwon nodded his head, “If you are sure. This isn’t a place for such women.”


“If Sunny Lee can stand it, I can, too.” Ahjoong blurted out unexpectedly. She raised her brows & quickly amended her sentence, “I mean, it won’t be a problem for me at all.”


“If you are sure. Follow me & watch your steps. Workers had been dropping nails here & there. You may never know where one is camouflaged, especially with those heels.”


“Huh?” She glanced down at her feet. They were nice heels indeed. Of course, those heels don’t belong in such place. They are too expensive & clean, “I know, dad, my heels aren’t for such a dirty place but I’m sure one of the workers & clean it later.”

 

He choked on her words & looked down again, at her blue chambray platform wedges. What a woman. Clearing his throat, Mr. Kwon voiced, “Follow me, Ahjoong. I’m sure Doyeon would be happy to meet you. First time you had ever been to one of our construction sites.”

 

She smiled, “I know & I’m so proud of myself. Maybe I should make a certificate.” She placed her index finger on her chin, “Maybe I will label it Ahjoong’s feet touch free dirt. Huh? How does that sound? Sounds like columbus landing in the west indies in 1492, right?”

 

Mr. Kwon swallowed his second choke back. He wiped a fake tear away from under his eye, “Yes, yes, that sounds beautiful. Come on.” He didn’t wait for her, afraid that she will make him choke for the third time. She wasn’t ignorant; she actually has humor, one that he had never known she possesses.

 

Ahjoong whined as her feet tumbled over the rocky soil. Instead of the weather just being cold on a winter day, the winter sun was shining from above.

 

Before they had even reached the group, those who were lifting a pounded board onto the lever, Ahjoong could feel his eyes on her. She gazed up from her feet & searched him within the group. All were muscular, expect for the one woman named Sunny Lee. It took Ahjoong a minute before spotting her husband. For once in a lifetime living with him, she smiled shakily as he crossed his arms over his chest.


“What is she doing here, dad?” Doyeon asked his dad, with a thick voice. Ahjoong heard from the distant away but she ignored him & walked up to him as if it was happening out of the ordinary.


“Lunch.” She replied easily, & brushed a dust of dirt away from the end of her skirt.

 

Doyeon snorted, “Go to your high class restaurant, Ahjoong. I know you are not here for lunch.” He turned around & pulled the lifting arm. Giving a loud shout over the noise to a hired hand, he dug a nail out of his sac bag hanging on his hips & walked away. Ahjoong huffed & followed him. She half-stretched her arms to get control of her steps.


“Oppa.”

 

“Go home.”

 

“I would love to.” Ahjoong halted abruptly as he turned around with a stop. Narrowing her eye, she glanced up at him, “What?”


“You don’t belong in this place & I’m awfully afraid that your heels might get ruin.” Sarcasm ran in his voice, “& I know why you are here. So it might just be the best if you leave & don’t start another war.” Again, he turned & strolled away. She wasn’t giving up yet. On what?


“& why am I here, if you know so much, mister.” She uttered out, taking large & careful steps while trying to keep up with his long strides.

 

“What else are you here but to spy on me if I was flirting with Sunny Lee?” He grunted, knowing her reaction well enough. Coming to a half-constructed building, he stopped & held his left hand over his forehead, getting a better view without the sun shining down.

 

“I’m not.”


“Lying won’t work, Ahjoong.” He sighed at the process of the building construction. He averted & crossed his arms over his chest again, “I see you everywhere near any construction site I had been working on for the last month. You wore all dresses throughout, except that one time with a black smooth karina top & black platinum denim jegging you had bought a few days before. Yesterday you were here wearing your hair up in a high ponytail but hiding behind that bulldozer. You were just hiding earlier behind that oak tree over there.” He nodded his head at the direction, “Need anymore explaining?” As she didn’t answer, he remarked, “Go have lunch by yourself.”


“Good that you know.” She lifted her stubborn chin, “I will die having lunch in this place.”


“& I will die having lunch with you.”

 

Doyeon began to walk again. Ahjoong followed him to the other side. Taking a hammer out, he banged a nail into the fresh lumber. She watched the process without interests.


“How…?”


“Doyeon Oppa, that sack of lumber you ordered the other week has been delayed. It will arrive tomorrow.” Ahjoong, without turning around, knew it was Sunny Lee walking up from behind them. She took a look at Doyeon, a hard one & turned around to meet the woman, “Hi. You must be Sunny Lee.” Ahjoong stretched her hand out immediately. Sunny held up her hands, indicating that they were dirty. Ahjoong hid her disgusts & took back her hand.

 

“I am & you must be Oppa’s wife Ahjoong. He told me so much about you. Said you were a model & I heard of you alright.” She laughed, “You are beautiful, no wonder such a great man like him had married you.” She winked at her, “You are a lucky woman.”

 

Just by her words & senses, Ahjoong knew that Doyeon hadn’t told her the truth after all. Who would want to anyway? Who would want to admit that he was married to a woman because she was pregnant? Who would want to when those three special words had never come out of each other’s mouths? & who would want to when you are flirting & wanting to impress a woman?

 

& Doyeon telling another woman about her? Impossible. If they could have kept the marriage a secret, he would have died to.


“I guess.” Ahjoong raised to say. She rubbed the back of her neck, “Well, since Oppa is busy, I will be heading back now.”


“Oh, no need to hurry. I’m sure you are more important than Oppa’s work.” A louder bang of the hammer nailing a nail into the lumber was heard. Ahjoong wince while the woman in front of her laughed, “Your husband’s in a bad mood today.” She tilted her head, “Well, I just now realize that this is a real surprises, even though I had never met you until now. It’s the first time I had ever seen you around in our construction sites.” Ahjoong shrugged instead of blushing, “I don’t have time coming to such places.” & spying on Doyeon? Well, that is a different chapter, “& I only wear heels.” She pointed to her feet, “Except when I’m at the gym.”

 

“I see.”

 

Sunny leaned against the half-built building. Almost like a man. Her skins were fair without the hesitation of working out in the sun. Her curly golden blonde hair was pulled back into a low ponytail with the protection of an orange helmet. One lock of hair fell down her pretty rectangular-shaped face. Her clothes were actually the opposite. When she smiled, her dark brown, almond-shaped eyes sparkled even more. Man could never resists that & she, herself, smiled with no tinkles when in front of him. Funny, she had never really smiled around him. Of course not, that will be silly. She cared less about him now, even when he was flirting. She doesn’t care; she just wants to catch him cheating on her.

 

Her career is being a model & she can’t let society see her own husband cheating on her. That will be a ruined notoriety of marrying a low constructor. Half of her reputation had already been ruin of marrying such man. Cheating, their marriage will be over with. A model will not be cheated on. Other than keeping her vows, she stayed marry to him because of just that, her precious reputation.


“Are you staying or are you going?” Doyeon tried to keep his voice at peace.

 

Ahjoong turned around. She testily stared at him. He’s impatience, she can tell with each hit he sent with the hammer. He made a hilarious site with his cheeks flush & his eyes trying so hard to concentrate but she knew better. Any minute now, he will be cursing the hammer.


“Damn!” Doyeon dropped the hammer & it accidentally hit his foot. He rubbed his thumb & then quickly led on it. His toes curled inside his hyperion soft toe work boots. His eyes glanced up at her. They were eyes of the innocence, “I’m sorry.”

 

Sunny laughed & pulled back from the lumber, “What happened there, Oppa? Got carried away with your wife being here?”

 

“Go back to work, Sunny.”

 

She tipped her hat with a wink, “Alrighty, little boss.” With another laugh at the sight of his face, she turned around & walked away. The tune of her whistles can be heard as she began to skip.

 

Doyeon bent down, picked up his hammer & began to nail again, despite the hit that had surely bruised his thumb, “Are you going home or are you staying?” He questioned again.


“Not home but I’m going back to work.” She looked around again. The winter morning sun was really beginning to shine brighter, “Lunch for me isn’t around a place like this.” She narrowed her eyes in disgusts, “Have a happy lunch with dirt.”


“I will.” He tipped his helmet, “Break a leg while modeling.”


Ahjoong threw him an ugly look, “I will be happy if you break all of your fingers. I wish that hammer of yours luck.” With a humph, she turned & walked slowly away.

 

A/N: i'm sorry for taking so long to update. it turns out my parents cancelled our connection with at&t & will be doing it with comcast so i will have to wait until everything is finish & since i have to wait, i'm afraid i will only be able to update during the weekends so hope you guys understand & be patient, thank you :)