Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 24

 

Jaejoong yawned as he leaned over & tried to continue his work. Today wasn’t the best day for him. It had been terrible. He had stayed up all night yesterday, just trying to figure out the case that he had just won five minutes ago & now, he had eighty-three more minutes left until another case begins. He laid his head down & whisper that he would only sleep for those minutes of time.


“Mr. Kim.” Tiffany’s voiced broke in, “Ahjoong’s here to see you.”

 

Jaejoong sighed; frustrated that he had just loss that time. He pressed the button, “Tell her to come in.” Straightening his coral perry ellis euboea plaid slim tie, Jaejoong stood up. Ahjoong entered, wearing her black scoop neck, NY collection ruched-sleeve a-line dress, “Hey June. What’s up?”

 

She shrugged, “The normal.” Walking up, she sat down on the chair in front of his desk, “Won another case?” He nodded, “Why do you look so tired?”

 

He took in a deep breath & raked his short, dark brown hair, “Stayed up last night, that’s all.” He sat back down & looked down at his work, “Where are you going today?”

 

She smiled, “To visit Yuri.”

 

Jaejoong looked up & at Ahjoong, “Really?” He asked in a surprises voice, “You are going right now?”

 

“Yes.” She paused, then continued, “Want to come along?”

 

He shook his head, “No thanks. I have a case in.” He looked down at his hugo boss orange sao paulo stainless steel bracelet watch, “Eighty minutes.”

 

Ahjoong shook her head, not please at his excuses. The least she liked Yuri, the more she wanted Jaejoong to break off his coming up wedding. All these years, she hadn’t forgiven Jessica yet. Her last sorry was just to make her brother happy. She wanted to destroy her used to be best friend’s wedding but to Jaejoong, she didn’t know if she was doing the right thing. He loves Jessica, Ahjoong can tell but she can’t stand being the little kid. Even though she hated Yuri, she rather let her have Jaejoong then Jessica. It’s better to have a hated ex-sister-in-law then having a friend of deceiving as a sister-in-law but it doesn’t mean that she will always be nice.


“Is that all?” She asked.

 

He frowned at her, “Yes.”


“Come on, Jaejoong Oppa. Come with me this time?”

 

His frown deepened, “Why do you want to go visit her while you never wanted to?”

 

She tilted her head in responses, “Never mind then, I will go by myself.” She stood up but waited for him to change his mind. When he didn’t say anything but looked up at her, Ahjoong turned around & walked out, mumbling her goodbye.

 

Jaejoong bit his gum & groaned as a pain pushed through. He possibly couldn’t go visit her, not at all. Two times were enough but it wasn’t enough to let him see her little boy. His whole mind had been on Taehyun for all day yesterday. He didn’t even go visit Mrs. Kwon like he had promised. How could he when she was always there, looking over her mother? He wanted to see her little son again. Something deep inside of him always brighten his day more when he sees or think of Taehyun & his cute laughter.

 

Dropping his pen, he got up & put on his black michael kors camden wool-blend multi-pocket field coat, ‘Seventy-five more minutes.’ He thought, ‘Don’t waste your time being in this office at every hour. Besides, what if Ahjoong causes problems to Yuri again? Not only her but also her son?’ He ran, hoping to catch up with Ahjoong. She couldn’t have gone far. He ran out to the parking lot, trying to spot Ahjoong. Jaejoong’s hopes fell when he saw her car driving out into the highway. He sighed & took his keys out of his right pocket. Getting into his car, Jaejoong drove off to the Kwon’s house. His speed was over the limit for the first time in years but not caring, he stepped on the gas pedal harder.

 

At the time of Ahjoong’s parking in front of the Kwon’s house, Jaejoong turned the corner & parked behind her. He got out, seeing Ahjoong’s big smile, “Change of mind?”

 

He grunted under his breath & walked up to her, “Let’s go.”

 

“If you are ready, Oppa.” She said, & walked in front of him. She knocked on the door & waited. They heard a cry of joy from inside.

 

‘Hyunnie.’ Jaejoong thought, as a grin spread onto his handsome face. The door opened, showing Mina. Her smile faded after turning her attention from Taehyun to Jaejoong & Ahjoong. She tried to smile again, but failed, “Hi.” Her voice came out lower than it should be.


“Hey Mina. I’m sorry to disturb you.” Jaejoong said, the grin still on his face.


“Who’s there? Is it mommy, aunt Min?” Taehyun asked, as he tried to push through Mina to get to the two people at the door. His head popped out from the side. His eyes began to shine, seeing Jaejoong instead of his mommy, “Jae!” His little voice cried out. Finally, after being able to push Mina away, Taehyun ran to Jaejoong of the short distance. Jaejoong got down on his knees quick enough to catch the little boy before he bump into something else, “Hello.”


“Hi there little guy. You are in a hurry today.” He nodded, “How have you been?” After two days had passed without seeing him again, Jaejoong’s surprises was greater, knowing that Taehyun still recognize him, “Hyunnie is bored today. Mommy won’t let Hyunnie go to see granny with her.” Taehyun said, about to cry but seeing the man in front of him today, he wanted to be a big boy.

 

He looked up at Ahjoong & saw her surprises look. Not because of Yuri but the unknown boy in front of her very eyes. She bent down to Taehyun’s height. He turned to look at her with his big & proud smile on.

 

“Hello. Are you a stranger?” He asked, touching her long, black hair, “Hyunnie like your hair. It is beautiful & it shines.”

 

Ahjoong pressed a smile to her face, “Thank you.” She stretched her arms out, “The name is Kwon. Ahjoong Kwon.”


“The name is Kwon. Hyunnie Kwon.” He said, echoing Ahjoong.

 

Jaejoong’s smile disappeared. His eyes were on Taehyun. The name is Kwon. Hyunnie Kwon, the voice echoed into his thoughts. Kwon used to be Yuri’s maiden name but it shouldn’t be Taehyun’s. It was supposed to be her latest husband’s last name.


“Hyunnie.” Mina said, breaking into his deep thoughts, “Let’s go inside.” She nodded to Jaejoong & Ahjoong, signaling for them to come inside. He took Taehyun into his arms & walked inside, followed by Ahjoong. They settled down in the living room with Taehyun on Jaejoong’s lap.

 

Mina gulped. Like father like son. They looked so much alike. She wanted Jaejoong to know about his boy but she swore her promise already to Yuri. No matter how she wanted to hate Jaejoong for what he had done to her sister, she wanted him to know the truth about Taehyun. In her own opinion other than Yuri, Jaejoong deserves to love Taehyun like Yuri. She wanted Jaejoong & Yuri to work it over again, but she knows her sister. Yuri would never give in that easy to a man that has hurtled her heart & Jaejoong, he was getting marry to the woman that had destroy their marriage.


“Welcome back home, Mina. I’m sorry about what happened to your mom.”


“Thank you Ahjoong.”


“Where is Yuri? I heard that she came back, too.”


“She…”


“You know my mommy, too?” Taehyun asked, his eyes brightly shining.

 

Ahjoong averted her gaze to Taehyun, “Yuri’s your mommy?” She asked. He bobbed his head up & down. Her eyes widened. She looked at the boy again, then turned to look at Mina. Mina kept her confident, ready to tell more lies, “This?” Ahjoong began but got shortened by her shaking voice, “This is her son?” Mina nodded.

 

“Do you know my mommy?” Taehyun asked again, determine to win her answer.

 

Ahjoong stood up & backed away. She gave a look at Jaejoong & turned away. The door slammed shut which made Taehyun jump. He wasn’t use to loud noises but he was use to the music of thunders.


“I’m sorry about that.” Jaejoong said, holding onto Taehyun.


“It’s quite alright.”

 

He got up & put Taehyun down on the floor, “I have to go now. I’m sorry about the short visit but I’m already late for my case.”


“Thank you.” She got up, “Come on Hyunnie, it’s time for your nap.”

 

He shook his head, “But Hyunnie want to play with Jae.” He looked up at Jaejoong, “Don’t go. Play with Hyunnie?”

 

Jaejoong kneeled down to his height, “I’m sorry big guy but I have to go now. How about this?” He took out a pen & paper from inside his coat, “I promise you that I will play with you when I come back. To prove this, I will sign your very own & first contract. Here.” Jaejoong put the piece of paper on the coffee table & handed the pen to Taehyun. He took it, “You write the contract & I will sign it.”

 

Taehyun looked down at the paper than at Jaejoong with a sad face on. Jaejoong rose one of his eyebrows which made Taehyun giggled. He leaned over the coffee table & concentrated on what he should write. After a while of his smart thinking, he wrote down his name ‘Hyunnie’ all crooked. He skipped down & wrote a beautiful J until he reach the E. Taehyun mumble something under his breath & wrote down something Jaejoong couldn’t read.


“There!” Taehyun exclaimed, after adding a comma which was supposed to be a period. He handed the paper over to Jaejoong with a proud smile on.

 

Jaejoong took it & reread it, “Hyunnie & Jae. This word is too hard for me to read.” He said, pointing to the last word Taehyun had written down.


“Play.” He answered, giggling at Jaejoong.


“Ahhh, I knew that.” He took the pen from Taehyun & signed his name on the right corner, “There. Now, I can never break that promises.”

 

Taehyun grinned, “I take nap now. Byebye Jae.”


“Goodbye to you, too. I will see you next time. Have a nice sleep.” He got up but when Taehyun pulled his caviar endurance flat-front dress pants bottom, he got down on his knees again.


“Mommy isn’t here to kiss Hyunnie good nap.”

 

Jaejoong smiled, understanding him. He kissed the top of Taehyun’s forehead, “Good nap to Hyunnie.”

 

“Good nap to Jae, too.” Taehyun kissed Jaejoong’s cheek, surprising him & at the same time, it touched the soul of his heart. He ran to Mina who had been standing at the frame of the hallway. She stared at Jaejoong, not giving him a smile. She loved that scene & was sure that Yuri would love it, too. Like father like son.

 

“Bye Mina.”


“Goodbye.” Jaejoong let out a breath & turned away. He took eight steps but was stopped by Mina, “I’m sure Yuri will appreciate that.”

 

Jaejoong averted his body, “What do you mean?”

 

Mina smiled then, “Making up that contract with Hyunnie. That was very thoughtful of you. Teachers says that he’s too smart for his own age & he is. Usually, he doesn’t have anyone his own age to play with & I’m sure Yuri will be glad that Hyunnie had found his best friend.”

 

He pressed a thin smile, “I doubt Yuri is glad that I’m visiting Hyunnie.” He nodded his head, “But that little guy & I are still best friends. Bye.” Jaejoong turned around once again, & walked out of the house. He walked to his car & notice that Ahjoong was already gone. He shook his head & drove back to his office. He was more than thirteen minutes late for work already but the least does he care about that. Playing tag with Taehyun maybe even more important than a case.

 

Jaejoong parked his car & got out. All he needed was his briefcase & then the drive to the courthouse. He walked into his office & caught a plastic basketball when it flew towards him. He glanced ahead of him & saw Ahjoong sitting on his desk.


“Why didn’t you tell me that Yuri cheated on you?!” She exclaimed, jumping off from his desk.


Jaejoong frowned, bringing his brows together, “What are you talking about June?”