Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 7

 

Yuri looked up at the clock. She bit her lips. It was already half-past seven & Jaejoong hadn’t even come home yet. Her worries were getting strong with every second passing. It was their night & the night of their first kiss anniversary & yet, she couldn’t think of Jaejoong forgetting. He wasn’t the kind of man to forget anything, even when he was having the worst trouble, trying to concentrate on his work.

 

“Jae Oppa. Did you really forget?” She asked into the dark room, with only one fresh berries & wild raspberry scented candle lit up. Yuri sat down on the floor, looking at the candle with her mind only concentrating on where Jaejoong was. She didn’t want to call & disturb him while he was doing his usual talking with some other lawyers. Talking can usually get him off track with the time but Yuri doubt it.

 

There had to be something going on with him emotionally. He was acting differently & that was all that she can tell by his behavior this morning.

 

Yuri sighed. She blinked at the candle, “Tell me where he is, will you? I figure out where he could be right now.” She tilted her head as she sensed the candle wasn’t giving her any answer, “You don’t know, huh?” Yuri placed her chin back on top of her arm. She took in a deep breath & let it out. The candle flick in the dark then die out in a flash.

 

She was alone again, in the lonely dark. The only thing that kept her going was her mind but it wasn’t doing her any good as if Jaejoong was there with her. She tightly squeezed the gift that she got for him months earlier that was in her lap. In the little, wrap blue box was a fossil townsman chronograph stainless steel watch. On the side, she had it engraved saying ‘Jae & Yul loving’. She knew it was common giving a husband a watch but the engraving had tempted her to. Besides, anything that she gives him, he will always says that he loves it more than the last.

 

She got up along with the gift she held in her hand. She wasn’t going to cry. It will be silly of her to. Whoever would ever celebrate a first kiss anniversary? Only she would. It was just because of that silly brain of hers. Yuri walked to their bedroom & stood in the doorway. She didn’t know what to do now. All was so quiet & still. She hated it.

 

Her notion of wanting a baby was growing. She wants a big family who would brighten up the apartment with laughter & cries. Just one kid will be fine with her if only she can have one any day now. She & Jaejoong were patient with the process, even though their desire grew everyday. They tried every time but the results always came out the same, she wasn’t pregnant yet. The time will come soon enough when Yuri will be with child. If only it will be soon enough.

 

She slowly ran her hand over the polish door fame. With her lips pressed together, Yuri walked back to the living room & sat down on the sofa. She will just wait but waiting was done over with when she heard the door clicked open. Yuri didn’t get up but looked at Jaejoong as he entered the apartment. He put his briefcase on the hall table & then the lights. A smile came on his face as he saw Yuri.


“Hi sweetie.” He walked over to her & sat down on the ground before her, “How was your day?”

 

She stared at him in awe. After hours of waiting for him, all he asked was that question. She was bitterly hurt that he had forgotten all about the anniversary but his words hurtled her the most, “The same.”

 

“Really now?” He asked, with the biggest smile of the day. Yuri’s lips trembled. Jaejoong frowned, “Sweetie. What’s wrong?” He stood up & sat with her on the sofa. She turned away from him but he captured her face with his hands. He skimmed his fingers over her trembling lips & looked into her glittery eyes. The first thing he saw in her eyes was his worst fate. The notion of her finding out that he was cheating on her came first in his smart brain. His hands fell from her face, ‘No.’ His thoughts said, ‘She couldn’t know.’ He didn’t want her to find out. He didn’t want her to know. He didn’t want all of this to be happening. His soul ached just to know that he had hurtled her. She didn’t know how much he hated himself. The explaining would be much harder than he thinks, “Yul.”


“I’m okay, Oppa. It’s just that my eyes had been hurting all day.” She lied.

 

He didn’t believe her. She couldn’t tell lies that good, not as much as he had the last few days, “Tell me Yul? What’s wrong? What did I do this time?” Jaejoong asked. He didn’t want to ask if she had known that he was cheating on her. She might not even know the truth & was hurt by some other way that he did.

 

“Nothing Oppa!” Yuri snapped quietly, “Just leave me alone!” She roughly removed his hands from her cheeks & got up. He followed her to their room & closed the door behind him. He stopped as he saw her stopping midway to the bed.

 

“Yul. What is it? I know I did something wrong. Just tell me & I will correct it. I promise.” He said sweetly, even after her sharp snap.


Yuri turned around sharply & glared at him, “I told you to leave me alone Oppa. Can’t you understand me?”

 

“I understand you clearly, sweetie. Why are you so mad? Is it me again?”

 

She threw her hands up into the air, “Yes, it you, Oppa. Today was supposed to be a special day for you & me & I thought that you remembered since I just told you last week. It’s hard enough for me to be home all alone when it’s our first kiss anniversary.”

 

Jaejoong cursed. So, that was why she was so mad at him. Not only did he not come home but also, he was out with Jessica again. He had totally forgotten about the first kiss anniversary. It wasn’t like him to but the feeling with Jessica had exchanged his thoughts away from Yuri. The worst part was that, he hadn’t even gotten Yuri a gift yet. It wasn’t as if he cares more about Jessica than Yuri that he had forgotten. His brain just wasn’t functioning right.


“I’m sorry, Yul. Forgive me?” He said, as he raked his hair.


“Forgive you? Words won’t help nor do any changes Oppa. You forgot & that’s that. There’s no correction to it.”

 

“I know.” He said, with a sigh, “How do you want me to make up for it?”

 

“It’s not me who forgot. It’s you, Oppa. I told you corrections aren’t going to help. It’s your choice now.” She turned around sharply & walked over to the bed & lay down after pulling the blanket up to her chin, “Sleep where you want to sleep tonight.” Tears fell down the side of her face as she closed her eyes slowly. Her words may be sharp but what Jaejoong forgot was sharper.


“Yul.” She didn’t answer him. Jaejoong raked his hair again. Damn! The matter was getting worst than he had intended it to. Yuri had taken it overboard & he didn’t blame her. It was, of course, his entire fault, “Yul. I’m very sorry. I.” Why should he continue when she wouldn’t even listen to him? He didn’t even know what to say next to console her. All he knows were the words of ‘I’m sorry’ & nothing else. He now knows that he was a useless man to her. A useless man who cheats on his own beloved wife & she doesn’t even know it.

 

Jaejoong sighed & walked over to the wardrobe. He opened it & took out a black/red polo ralph lauren woven boxer. Something fell onto the ground. He bend down & picked it. It was the pair of black pajama Yuri had sewed. A smile came onto his face. He had never worn it before because Yuri had denied him to. She was furious at the way it had turned out but to him, it looked cute. Something tempted him to wear it but he didn’t want to. It will just make her more mad at him. He shook his head & put it back to where it came from. He closed the wardrobe & walked over to where she was sleeping. He kneeled down beside her. She had turned the other side, away from his side.

 

“Night Yul.” He watched as a few tears fell down her face. He wiped them away as she pulled the blanket over her head. His eyes closed in dreariness. She was going to get her way & she was getting it.

 

Jaejoong got up & walked to the bathroom. He took off all of his outer clothes & got into the shower. The cold water hit him as he flinch at the hardness of it. He cursed but didn’t dare turn on the hot water. He was going to suffer what he did to her & there would be more of it.

 

While she was at home worried about him, he was walking around the city with his precious secret lover. His thoughts weren’t even on Yuri for one second during his time with Jessica. The time on his hand wasn’t even in his head. He spent his time with Jessica as if he had never done before with Yuri & the worst, he kissed Jessica today. Jaejoong laughed. His greediness was growing. He shouldn’t have kissed Jessica but she had the same lips as Yuri had when he first kissed her. He just had to kiss another woman on his & Yuri’s first kiss anniversary.

 

He ran both hands over his wet face, not knowing that a few tears were being wipe along with it. Mad with himself, Jaejoong shook his head hard & shouted with a force. He closed his eyes & slammed his fist onto the shower wall. Taking revenge physically wouldn’t help but it would hurt. Feeling like the cold water was tired with him, he turned the water off.

 

‘Yul is probably asleep by now.’ Jaejoong thought. He dried himself over with a towel & got out. He pulled on the dry boxer & entered the bedroom once again. There Yuri was, asleep like a princess ready to be kiss but the prince wouldn’t be him anymore, not until Yuri was ready to forgive. Jaejoong walked over & slowly slipped under the blanket, careful not to wake her up. She had told him to sleep anywhere he wants tonight & the only place he found himself comfortable was on their bed with her by his side. His thoughts maybe with Jessica but his body was with Yuri, his only & beloved wife.

 

He moved closer to her until their body touched. She was asleep & he didn’t mind. If she was awake, he probably couldn’t get any closer than one meter to her. Jaejoong raised his left arm & held her by the waist. He placed his face onto her spread hair & smelled the Vanilla scented shampoo she always uses. The smell traveled to his brain & the smile of Jessica’s face came into his image. He smiled but cursed himself for thinking of her while in bed with his wife.

 

‘How?’ He always questioned himself, ‘Did you so fast fell for Jessica? Was it her beauty that captured your attention? Was it her soft voice that brought up your senses? Was it just that you wanted to cheat on Yul? What the hell is wrong with you, Jaejoong?! You don’t even know the answer to your own damn questions!’ He hit himself on the forehead, ‘Damn you, Jaejoong! Wake up. You are killing yourself.’ He rubbed his face & closed his eyes tightly, ‘Sleep. Sleep damn it!’ It wasn’t working. He groaned & opened his eyes again. He stared at the back of Yuri’s head but wished he was looking at her beautiful face, “Yul.” Jaejoong whispered her name. She didn’t respond by body or voice. He sighed & closed his eyes for the night but as he closed his eyes, Yuri fluttered her eyes open. Her dreams were dismissed when he whispered her name. She wanted to forgive him but she felt as if he didn’t deserve the forgiveness. She may be going overboard but he was the one who forgot. Her body grew warm as she realized his arms were around her. She tried not to be attracted to his body & handsome vanilla smell & succeeded. His flesh breath whistled in her ear like a tired song.

 

If she dare move away from him, he would quickly respond. Yuri turned her eyes to the cornered & tried to look at him but his closeness stopped her. She didn’t even realize that he was that close to her. Not even an atom separated them. Yuri slowly let out a breath & closed her eyes. She will try to sleep, whether her mind was occupied with the trouble or not.

 

Jaejoong opened one eye & then the other. Morning has come. He looked at the vacant spot of Yuri & sigh. He quickly got up & ran out of their bedroom. Still with his sleepy eyes, Jaejoong bumped into a soft back. He rubbed his eyes. Yuri turned around & looked up at him emotionlessly. Her eyes were pink with all the crying last night.


“Morning.” She whispered.


“Morning Yul.” He said, & brought up one hand to touch her cheek. She didn’t move but let his hand sooth her soft tanned skin. He lit up a small smile at the tip of his lips & dropped his hand, “How are you?”

 

Yuri turned away, “I’m fine. I set up your breakfast already.” She picked up her black simply vera wang monaco leather tote bag from the sofa & walked over to the door. A grip caught hold of her wrist.

 

“Where are you going?” Jaejoong asked, with his eyes glittering.

 

She looked at his hold & lightly pulled her wrist away. Looking up at him, she said, “I haven’t visit my parents lately. I miss them.” Yuri looked away as she felt her eyes betraying her, “I will see you tonight if you are home. Bye Oppa.” She averted her body & opened the door.


“Yul.” She stopped from going any further, “I’m sorry.”

 

It took her a minute to shake her head, “I know, but I doubt it would make any difference.” Yuri walked out & closed the door behind her. Her tears finally fell as she walked to the elevator. Never in her life had Jaejoong made her cry this much.

 

He stood there as if rooted to the floor. She wasn’t willing to forgive him & it made his soul shout out. His hand raked through his hair. Jaejoong walked to the kitchen & stared at the breakfast. How could he eat without her? How could he eat with this mind of his troubling him so much? He felt as if this was the end of the world for him & maybe it was but there was still Jessica.


“Mina!” Yuri whined. Her sister turned around & smiled brightly.

 

“Yeah?”


“I think it’s time for us to go home. I’m quite tired now.” She held up three bags of clothes, “Isn’t this enough for you? You can still buy more clothes when you get to the States & besides, we are running out of money.” Mina walked up to Yuri & patted her cheek, “Sure, if you are really that tired.”


“Thank you.” Yuri said, with a smile for that first day. She turned her head & saw the unexpected. Her hold on the bags loosened & they fell to the ground. She covered with her hands & swallowed thickly, “Oppa.” She whispered. Her hands started to sweat as she saw them holding hands. Her hot pink lips went dried & trembled as Jaejoong bend down & gave Jessica a light kiss. Tears fell uncontrollably down her cheeks, ‘How could you Oppa? I love you & you cheated on me. You promised me but broke it.’


Her sister gave her a shook, “What’s wrong, Yuri?” Mina asked. Yuri didn’t answer her. Her knees went weak as she fell down onto the ground. She grabbed her stomach & moaned. Mina frowned & knelt by Yuri’s side. She held her shoulder, “Is the baby kicking already?”

 

A/N: okay everyone, start loading your guns & sharping your knifes because its time to kill, muahahaha