Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 27

 

Yuri entered the house. She closed the door & took a step forward but then stopped. Where was her big hug from Taehyun? It isn’t supposed to be this quiet. Just after Jaejoong had left the hospital this morning, she had called Mina to come pick up Taehyun. Now that it was already half-past six, not bedtime for Taehyun yet. Yuri shook her head.


“He must had been tired.” She whispered. Walking up the stairs, Yuri entered her bedroom. She walked over to the bed but saw no Taehyun. Her heart skipped a beat. She walked out & into Mina’s bedroom but saw no Taehyun or Mina. Now panicking, Yuri ran down the stairs & checked her parents’ bedroom, “Hyunnie! Mina!” She cried out in a yell, “Where are you guys?!”

 

She ran into the living room, wondering if they were planning a birthday surprises for her but it wasn’t even her birthday. Her eyes went around the room but stopped when a piece of paper caught them. Running over, Yuri took it into her hands & unfolded it.


“Two family gatherings.” Yuri quoted, from the paper. She dropped it onto the ground, “Why Mina?” With her heart scare to the nearest death, she ran out & drove off. Why did she not tell Mina not to take Taehyun anywhere without her permission in Korea, especially to her ex-in-laws house? The only thing she can do now is drive to their place.

 

Even the years that had passed, Yuri still remember where ex-in-laws place was. She parked her car outside of the black gates & ran to the gate door. Pushing the bell button, Yuri let out a breath & said, “Let me in, Daehyun.”


“Mrs...I mean, Yu...Yuri?” The servant said, through the intercom, recognizing her voice.


“Yes. Now, would you please open the gate?”


“I’m sorry but I…”


“Dammit! Let me in.”


“I’m sorry. I.” He paused. Yuri waited. She was about to push the button again, but then he spoke up, “Come in.” Yuri stepped back as the gate opened. She frown but wasted no time to get back into her car. Starting the engine, she drove into the driveway & parked Doyeon’s car. She stepped out & took a glance at the big house. She took a swallow & climbed the steps to the door. Before she could place her hands on the doorknob, the glass door opened.


“Welcome back, Ms. Kwon.” Daehyun said, with a nod of his head.


“Thank you Daehyun.” She paused then continued, “Where are they?”


“The usual on gatherings. They are at the big den.” He turned & started to lead the way. She remembered so much of this house. No one could forget anything that they had seen after leaving this wonderful place. The halls were still in their ancient Chinese styles, “I’m sorry about that, Ms. Kwon.”

 

Yuri averted her attention to Daehyun, “Sorry about what?”


“Not letting you in before young Mr. Kim told me, too.”

 

“He knew that I was coming?” She asked, with an angry frown.


“I’m not sure about that.” They reached the big den but Daehyun didn’t open the door, “I’m sorry about what happened to you & young Mr. Kim.”

 

Yuri shook her head, “We both wanted the divorce.” She reached out for the doorknob when he still wasn’t going to open the door. She walked in & heard voices. Turning the bend, Yuri saw them. The first to see her was Taehyun.


“Mommy!” He shouted, but didn’t run to give her a hug. There he was, in Jaejoong’s lap & there Jessica was, sitting beside her fiance, Jaejoong. Her heart skipped more than a beat but still, her feet wouldn’t move. Everyone looked up from whatever they were doing. Their smile disappeared, except for Taehyun’s cheerful face. Her eyes were only on the image straight from her. Her son, he was in love with his father. They looked so alike & right but the woman beside them...


“I’m glad that you can make it, Yuri.” Mrs. Kim said. She walked up to her & took her by the arm, “You are late but we will forgave you this time.” She said, it as in a joke.


“I.” Yuri walked pass Mrs. Kim & over to the three. She stopped in front of them, “My son.” Yuri said, almost in heart tearing. Without letting them say anything, she snatched Taehyun away from Jaejoong & pressed her lips to Taehyun’s forehead. Averting her body, Yuri walked halfway through the den but then a hand grabbed her arm.


“Hello Yuri.” Her model voice said.

 

Yuri turned around & met Ahjoong. Already her eyes were shining & she doesn’t want her tears to fall down again, just talking to this woman. Ahjoong, to Yuri’s eyes, hadn’t change a bit. She made had the newest hairstyle but her face, voice & personality hadn’t change at all. Problems had already been present but with Ahjoong there, the problem will worsen. Yuri lightly pulled her arm back. Ahjoong, noticing, let go of her grip & crossed her arms across her chest.


“I have to go now.”

 

Before Yuri could move a step, Ahjoong spoke out, “What’s the hurry? I just wanted to see my friend after a long time again. Or am I too rude just to say a greeting?”

 

Impatience plus anger clawed up Yuri’s spine, wanting to equal into a slap. Did the woman who hated her just call her a friend? Never were they friends. She was the one who tried to sort out everything but Ahjoong was the one who didn’t care but kept on hating her.


“A greeting is okay but with you calling me a friend isn’t right. We were never friends.” Said Yuri, after a death of silence in the room.


“But mommy. June says that you were her friend.” Taehyun said.


“Quiet, sweetie.”

 

Ahjoong smiled, “Where’s your husband at, Ms. Kwon?”

 

Her eyes flashed in anger. Many people had asked her that question but somehow, when Ahjoong asked her, it was in a somewhat way that she didn’t like to hear, “June.” Jaejoong said, as if in a warning. He walked over to them, followed by Doyeon.


“I’m sorry, Yuri. I shouldn’t had brought Hyunnie.” Doyeon whispered to Yuri.

 

She swallowed then shook her head, “I’m going home.”


“You haven’t answer my question yet.” Said Ahjoong.


“I don’t think I need too, & I think I disturbed everyone’s happy time. I’m sorry about the interruption.”

 

“The interruption doesn’t matter. Where is the father of your son?”


“Ahjoong.” Doyeon interrupted the conversation, “I think you have asked enough.”


“No, I haven’t. You never told us that your sister remarried, Doyeon Oppa. Nor did you ever tell us that she had a little boy. What’s all the quietness about? Just because I married you without the real marriage doesn’t mean that you can keep this away from me.”


“I didn’t keep anything away from you, Ahjoong. I…”


“Doyeon Oppa.” Interrupted Yuri. He glanced down at her & saw her eyes begging him not to make a big problem out of this. He took in a breath & let it out. Jessica walked up behind Jaejoong & held onto his hands. He averted his head & smiled at her. Yuri ignored them & turned her head to the opposite.

 

“You cheated on my brother, didn’t you?”

 

All head turned to Ahjoong, except Yuri’s & Taehyun. They stared at her in awe. Doyeon grabbed her arm. Ahjoong whined in pain, “What the hell did you just say?!”


“You didn’t know or are you just trying to hide it too, Oppa? Yuri cheated on Jaejoong Opa, not just him on her.”

 

His grip on Ahjoong tightened, “Yuri didn’t cheat on your brother. He did.”

 

Doyeon shot Jaejoong a glance. Jaejoong glared at his grip on Ahjoong, “You know better than to treat your wife like that.” Slowly, Doyeon let go, “Ahjoong, I told you already. Yuri didn’t cheat on me.”


“Why are you defending your ex-wife, Oppa?” She pointed to Taehyun, “Explain to me, Yuri, how you got that son of yours?”

 

Yuri turned slowly to look at Ahjoong. She cast Doyeon an apologetic expression. Averting her attention back to Ahjoong, Yuri her lips & said, “I had Hyunnie because of a suitable & lovable marriage unlike someone around here.”

 

With that, Yuri received a sharp slap from Ahjoong. Taehyun began to cry in a yell, holding onto his mom. Mrs. Kim grabbed Ahjoong’s hand & made her move to the right side of the room. Doyeon & Mina ran to Yuri. Taehyun touched Yuri’s damped cheeks, “Mommy crying.”


“No.” She managed to let out, “I’m fine.” The pain from the slap didn’t hurt but she couldn’t force herself to look up with tears stinging her face. Crying in front of the people that she had once love would embarrass her. She was strong & strong the tears stung her eyes.


“Are you alright, Yuri?” Mina asked, as she tried to force Yuri to look up at her. Yuri nodded her head, “Come here, Hyunnie.” As much as Mina tried to take Taehyun away from Yuri, he wouldn’t let go of his mom, “Hyunnie hates June!” He cried.

 

A rough hand touched her cheek, “I’m sorry, Yuri.” It was Jaejoong. She flinched & pressed Taehyun closer but Taehyun reached his hands out to Jaejoong, wanting him. Jaejoong glanced at Yuri’s crying face & took her son from her tight grip. As Yuri saw Taehyun crying on Jaejoong’s shoulder, her heart sunk. She wiped her tears away & ran out of the room & got into the car. Her tears blinded her eyes as she drove back to her parents’ house.

 

The image of her son crying on his daddy’s shoulder popped up in her mind every second. She had to run out of there. The image was heartbreaking & with another second in that room, she would surely break down. When she felt Taehyun reaching out for Jaejoong, her heart was never the same as before. Jaejoong took him as if he was his son & he was. She can still feel his eyes on her while he hugged onto Taehyun. She knows that leaving her son there was the worst thing she had ever done in her life but she couldn’t stand seeing the sight. Wrong she did but she will not go back & take Taehyun. She just couldn’t. Crying was one thing but running out without saying another word was another thing.

 

Yuri didn’t care about the slap Ahjoong had given her. She had deserved that & worst of all, she knew that she had hurtled Doyeon. The apologetic glance she gave to Doyeon was her warning but the only thing to answer Ahjoong’s question was her best words. She doesn’t know why Ahjoong had thought that she had cheated on Jaejoong but what had been said had hurtled her. She made not had cheated on Jaejoong but she had lied to him. He was holding his very beloved son.


She wiped her tears away & stiffed. Just less than one more week then she will be gone again. Coming back here had messed everything up. Not just had she messed up people’s life but she messed her own up.