Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 31

 

Jaejoong blinked. A tilted grin appeared on his face. He got down on one of his knees & stretched his arms out. A running little man came running & threw his arms around Jaejoong’s neck. Laughters ring the hall as the unknown father & son hugged. Jaejoong pulled back, showing his biggest smile ever that day.

 

“Hello little guy.” He said.


“Hello.” Taehyun said, with his squeaky voice. He blinked, “Hyunnie miss you.”

 

Touched, Jaejoong said, “Jae miss you, too.”


“Taehyun.” Jaejoong looked around the little guy & saw Yuri. She strolled up to them & picked Taehyun up. Jaejoong stood there & glanced at Yuri. He put his hands in his pockets & bit this gum, “What did I tell you about running?” He rubbed his eyes but didn’t answer his mommy, “Taehyun.”

 

With the second warning, his lips began to tremble, “No running, mommy.”


“Then why did you run?”


“I think that’s not necessarily, Yuri.” Jaejoong spoke up for Taehyun. Yuri brought her chin up & stared at the man, “Hyunnie’s just a child. He doesn’t know anything like that.”


“I don’t think I need any lecture of how to treat my son, Mr. Kim. I had been a mother for four years now & I know I have more experience than a man like you.”

 

Jaejoong cleared his throat. Half-hurt. Of course, he wasn’t a father yet but he had had experience with children. He stared into her eyes, “Surely, but a mother would never be like that to their children, except when they are around the man that had hurtled her. Am I not right, Yuri?”

 

Her breathing slowed down. He said it as if he knew that Taehyun was his son already but does he? Every single word that he had just said sounded half corresponded to her secret but then, he was talking about their past again. That was what he knew that can hurt her & yet, she can still hide it.

 

Yuri opened to speak but a familiar voice beat her to it, “What’s going on here? Is there a husband to wife fight again? I bet on.” Yoochun’s words braked as Jessica walked around the corner & stopped at his words. She cleared & looked down. Again, Yuri tried to speak up again, but Yoochun beat her to it, “Hello Jessica.”

 

She nodded her head. Walking up to Jaejoong, Jessica took his hands in her. He gazed down at her & whispered his sweet greetings. Yuri averted her body & walked pass them. Yoochun pressed his bow-shaped lips together & then let out a sigh. Bad timing. He turned around & grabbed Yuri’s arm before she can move on, “Not a word to your friend in four years? How cruel is that?” He glanced at Taehyun & winked, “Your son?”

 

Yuri nodded, “Hyunnie.” She took a look back at Jaejoong. He was still with his sweet words. She took Yoochun’s arm & walked around the corner, “Hey Yoochun Oppa.”

 

He smiled, “You finally got to that, huh?” He glanced at Taehyun again. The little guy was weeping on his mother’s shoulder, “Why did you never tell us that you remarried?”

 

She shrugged, “I didn’t feel like it. Besides, what would you had done?”


“Congratulate you, of course.” Yuri brushed off Yoochun’s words & patted Taehyun’s back, “You never did say your goodbyes to me before you left. How so?”


“I’m sorry. I was in a hurry.”


“I see.” Yoochun said, with a sigh. Just so, the divorce happened so quickly. He didn’t even have time to talk to his best buddy before he signed the divorce paper but afterwards, Jaejoong told him all. It was just because of the sweet girl that had came from afar. He didn’t have any say in it. It was his friend’s choice & what could he have done? The divorce papers were already sign. All the rest he hated to admit that he rather Yuri for Jaejoong than Jessica but he kept his mouth shut, “So, how are you?”


“The same, I guess.” Yuri tilted her head, “Where were you when I came back? & now you appear like a ghost?”

 

Yoochun chuckled while biting his bottom lips, “My women.”

 

Yuri rose a brow, “I could had guessed. Haven’t found yourself a good one yet, have you?”


“No.”


“Who are you?” Taehyun spoke up, from his weeping. He turned around in his mommy’s arms to faced Yoochun.

 

Yoochun grinned, “The name is Park Yoochun & yours?”


“Hyunnie.” He said, “But I don’t know you.”

 

Yoochun burst out laughing & stretched his hand out, “I’m your mother’s long time friend. She’s a meanie not to tell me about a cute guy like you.”

 

Taehyun smiled then. Mina walked by, out of breath. She looked over at Yuri then Yoochun, “Hey.”

 

“Hey Mina. How are you? Haven’t seen you for a long time.” Yoochun said, as he pulled her into a hug.

 

“I’m great.” She scanned him up & down, “& you sure had change.” Flipping her short black hair back, she took Taehyun from Yuri, “The surgery is about to begin. What are you guys doing over here?”


“We are just talking.” Yuri said. She gazed at Taehyun & bit her red lips, “Take him home. I will call you as soon as the surgery is over.”

 

Mina nodded, “Ready to go home, Hyunnie?”

 

He narrowed his wee brows, “We go home?”


“Yes, sweetie. Mommy is going to stay with granny for a while. Mommy promise mommy will be home really fast okay?”


“But Hyunnie stay with mommy & granny.”

 

Yuri shook her head, “No, Hyunnie. You will go home with aunt Min.” He pouted & was about to refuses again, but Yuri gave him the disapproval look. He glanced down.


“Yes, mommy.”


“Good.” She kissed his downcast cheeks, “Byebye. Mommy will see you at home then.”


“Bye Hyunnie! Nice to meet you!” Yoochun shouted in a low voice, as Mina walked away. Taehyun waved his small hand until he was out of sight. Yoochun turned back to Yuri with his smile gone. He crossed his arms. A conscience feeling went up his spine, “Yuri? What was all that about?”

 

She frowned, “What do you mean? Hyunnie can’t stay here while the surgery is going on. He’s just a kid.”

 

Yoochun shook his head, “I know that, Yuri. I meant the argument between you & Jaejoong earlier. What got over both of you?”

 

Yuri parted her lips to speak but instead, she ended up stuttering. her lips, she heaved a sigh.

 

“Nothing was wrong. Why did you expect that?”

 

He pressed a thin smile on, “By the way both of you had talked, of course. I would had thought that you were over it already.” Yuri shivered. Yoochun frowned & angled his head, “You are, aren’t you?”


“Of course, I am, Oppa.” She let out a fake laugh, “Why did you think I remarried for? I had a great life over at my other world. I forgot all that had happened during those four years.” She cleared , “I’m happy with my life.”

 

“You sound otherwise.” He said.

 

Yuri stared at Yoochun. He was too good with women. He knows their every move, “Really, Oppa, I’m happy. I have my wonderful son. He brightens my everyday life up.”

 

He nodded, believing her but it seemed as if something was missing from the conversation. He tried to smile.

 

“Is your husband here?” As much as he didn’t want to ask her that question, he couldn’t help himself.

 

‘That tiresome question again.’ Yuri thought, “Actually, no. He died before Hyunnie was one. Lung...Lung cancer they said.” She stuttered. If she wished that it was real, she was a really good actress. The fake husband was her job.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. I guess I shouldn’t have ask you.”


“It’s alright. I’m over it.” She let out a sigh, “I...I guess we better go now. My mom is probably waiting for me.” Yuri turned the corner, followed by Yoochun. Noticing that Jaejoong & Jessica were gone, she walked halfway to the door of the room but stopped. Turning back around to Yoochun, she bit her bottom lips & said, “You know, Oppa, you shouldn’t have said what you said earlier.”

 

He frowned, wondering what she was talking about. Studying her uneasy expression, he raised his chin & nodded, finally getting what she was talking about, “The feeling of you & Jaejoong arguing was more uncomfortable than the feeling of hurting Jessica, Yuri. I was trying to make the atmosphere more clearer.”

 

“I know, but you went overboard. Please don’t try to make a joke like that again? I can’t stand the sound of it.”

 

Yoochun nodded, “I’m sorry. I guess I wasn’t using my mind than.”


“No, you weren’t.”


“Come on, let’s go in.” He took her by the arm & took a few steps to open the door. Walking into the room first, Yuri glanced around the sick room. Her eyes landed on Jaejoong talking to her mom. She walked over & placed a kiss on her mom’s cheek.


“Morning mom. I’m sorry I was late. I was talking to Yoochun Oppa.”


“I see. That young man came in here earlier, begging me for apologies just because he missed me.” She chuckled. Yoochun winked from afar & began to talk to Mr. Kwon & the Kim’s.


“We will wait for the results just outside the room, Mrs. Kwon, & we know that you will do well.” Jessica said. Yuri glanced up at her. So polite Jessica is. No wonder her ex-husband chose her. Feeling someone looking at her, Yuri averted her head & saw Jaejoong’s eyes on her. Imprudently, she stared at his handsome face. The door opened & came in doctor Chang. Yuri’s stare dropped from Jaejoong & went to the doctor.

 

He smiled as if in trouble, “Jaejoong. Can I speak to you? It’s a matter of importance.”

 

Jaejoong frowned but nodded. He followed Dr. Chang out & closed the door behind him, leaving the others with curiosity, especially Yuri. Facing him, Jaejoong said, “What’s up? You seem troubled.”

 

“Half.” He cleared his throat, “Look here, Jaejoong. You had paid for Mrs. Kwon’s hospital bills & surgery already but you haven’t sign this.” He took out a packet of papers from inside his white coat. Jaejoong took it & read it over, “I tried to give that to you earlier but couldn’t catch you. Sign that with one of the Kwon’s family member name & then the surgery can start.”

 

Closing the stapled packet, Jaejoong sighed in frustration & took a pen out from his black faux leather commuter trucker jacket, ‘Doctors.’ He thought, with a roll of his eyes. About to scribble down his name, the door opened. Jaejoong averted his gaze & saw Yuri.


“Is there any trouble, doctor?”


“No, Ms. Kwon. Everything is alright.” Dr. Chang said.

 

Jaejoong knitted his brows inward. Ms. Kwon? Yuri took a glance at the papers in Jaejoong’s hand. Without thinking, she took it from him gradually & scanned through it. She took a tight swallow when the reading of Jaejoong paying for her mother’s hospital bills & surgery came to her eyes. Before she could read on further, Jaejoong grabbed the papers from her, “It’s nothing, Yuri.”

 

My god, why didn’t he snatch it away from her before she could had read the whole thing? & now, taking it away from her was nothing. He had paid for all of Mrs. Kwon’s bills. It wasn’t easy to convince Mr & Mrs. Kwon to let him pay for it but at the end, he did. He knew that if Yuri found out, things would worsen.

 

“You are paying for my mom’s hospital bills?” She asked, wishing it was a no but reading only that packet told her all.

 

“I wanted to help, Yuri. It’s no biggie.” She shook her head. Jaejoong sighed. He knew it was going to be difficult when she finds out. Taking a look at the doctor, he said, “Excuse us please?” Dr. Chang nodded & walked back into the room.


“No wonder you always visited my mom. You paid for her bills & then thought that you could do anything.” Said Yuri, before the door even closed.


“No, Yuri. It’s not like that.” He said, out of breath for nothing but because of her, “I wanted to help your family. That’s all.”

 

Yuri took a step back, “Listen here, Mr. Kim! My family & I had never needed your help! We just need you to stay away from us!” Said Yuri, her voice raising. She took another step back, “You will get your money back.” “But your mother’s surgery…”


“Can wait.” She interrupted.

 

Jaejoong stared at her, unbelieving that she was doing this. He had expected this but not her putting her mother’s surgery off, “Yuri. Your mother needs the surgery now. She can’t wait.”


“Yes, she can. We won’t use your money.”


“I already paid for it.”


“Then I will pay you back. How hard could it be?”

 

He sighed, “Yuri. If you won’t use my money for your mom just because of that thing that happened four years ago, let it off. It doesn’t include your mother. I had already paid for the surgery. Just let things go on for now please? We will talk about this later. Your mother is waiting in there just because of us. If we waste anymore seconds, we waste her time of being with her family again.”


“Damn you!” Yuri mumbled.

 

Jaejoong let out a breath, “I don’t care how much you hate me for doing this, Yuri, but please accept what I’m doing?”


“We don’t need your charity.”


“I didn’t say the money was given because of my charity. I said I wanted to help & I don’t want you to pay me back but if you insists, you can pay me back whenever you want. Just don’t delay the surgery.”


Yuri swallowed again. Damn the man! She so much wanted to yell in his face. The more she wanted to refuses his sayings, the more truthful it was. She knew he was hiding half of it. He wanted to help her family because he wanted to pay them back of what he had done four years ago but she didn’t need to see his pities. She didn’t have the money but she will get it. Her mother needs the surgery now, “You will get your money back, Mr. Kim, after the surgery. I will pay you back, that I promise. We didn’t ask for your help so you won’t be accepting a thank you.”

 

A/N: i'm sorry, truly sorry for those who are getting annoyed & tired of this fanfic because even though you guys are asking for a cold & strong yuri, i'm still making a weak/kind of strong yuri :)

if you guys would like to unsubcribe to this fanfic, its fine by me & for the guys, i'm still thinking on who to put in there because a lot of people is asking me to put yunho while some ask me to put minho & others is asking me to put donghae so right now i'm confuses about who to put but who comment more about the guy they want me to put in here to make jaejoong jealous will be the winner <3