Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 4

 

Jaejoong yawned & stick the key into the keyhole. He turned it & put the key ring around his long finger. Turning the doorknob, Jaejoong opened the door & walked in. The apartment was dark. It wasn’t like Yuri not to wait up for him. Every time he comes home late, he would see her sitting on the sofa sleeping or reading her favorite manga book, Crayon Shinchan. Jaejoong sighed. It was probably the conversation they had had early that day. He didn’t understand her last words but it had made him angry. The question was why had she said that to him.

 

Jaejoong put his brown executive vintage briefcase on the hall table & hanged the key into its place. He didn’t turn on the living room lights but continued walking towards their bedroom. He entered the bedroom after opening the door & walked over to the bed where Yuri lay motionless. Her breathing was normal. He knew she wasn’t asleep yet. Usually, she would sleep towards his side with or without him there. He kneeled on both knees. Looking at her peaceful face, he touched her cheeks slowly. She flinched quietly.

 

“What are you doing home?” Yuri asked, without opening her eyes. She didn’t slap his hand away but let him continue his massage on her cheek.


“Because I miss you.” He said in a whisper, & brushed a strand of her hair away.


“Why would you miss me?! You had a lot of woman out there waiting for you! Just go chose one of them & leave me alone here by myself!” She snapped, but still had her eyes close.

 

“Would you really want me to do that?” He asked. He took her hand that was laying on her pillow & slowly sooth it. Then he brought her hand up to his lips & kissed her knuckles, one by one.

 

Her shiny eyes opened, “No.” She whispered.

 

He brought a silly smile to his lips, “I love you always. Remember that alright.”

 

She nodded her head, “I love you too, Jae Oppa.”

 

“But I love you more.”

 

Yuri smiled, “You don’t always have to say that, Oppa. I know you do.”

 

“It makes me feel better.” He kissed her hand one more time & got up. He ed his black wrinkle free traditional fit pinpoint dress shirt, “I need to take a shower first.” He skimmed her body over the blanket, “Want to join me?” He asked seriously.


“I don’t feel like it today.” Yuri said, & pulled the blanket closer.

 

Jaejoong frowned, “Are you sick?” He kneeled down by her bedside again, & touched her forehead.

 

“No, Oppa. I’m just tired.” She said, & removed his hand from her forehead, “Go take a shower. I will wait here.”

 

He was unsure but nodded, “Alright. I’m just going to take a quick shower. Eight minutes.”

 

“Go.” She said, & covered her head with the blanket.

 

Jaejoong sighed again. Something was wrong with her. She was acting differently & she didn’t want him to feel her forehead. Usually, if she had something on her mind, she would just tell him straightforward but her body & mind were holding back. He didn’t like this feeling at all. He quickly entered the bathroom & took a quick eight minute shower like he had promised Yuri. Jaejoong came out in a polo ralph lauren boxer & walked over to his side of the bed. He pulled the blanket over him & reached out for Yuri. She didn’t move but let him move in closer to her. He hugged her from behind & felt her stiffly in his arms. She wasn’t relaxing.

 

“Yul.” Jaejoong said in a concern voice, “Why are you holding yourself back in my arms? Do you not want me to sleep with you tonight?”

 

“You always do, Oppa.” She said, under the blanket.


“I know something is wrong, Yul. Tell me?” Jaejoong plead.

 

She shook her head, “Go to sleep, will you?”


“No.” He said, & pulled her closer, “I won’t until you tell me why you are mad at me & why you said that you didn’t have any lover in our bed this afternoon?” He positioned his lips at the back of her neck & stayed there until he can kiss her somewhere else, “Tell me?”

 

Yuri squeezed her eyes shut. She didn’t want to talk about this now. He will never understand. All guys are like that. They pretended not to know what their woman is talking about & then later, they do the same thing. She learned a lot about guys just from her dearest sister’s latest dates.

 

“Did you...I’m really tired Oppa.” Said Yuri.

 

He closed his eyes, “Alright than. I’m sorry to pressure you so much. Good night, Yul.” He mumbled, against her neck.

 

It was minutes later before she answered him, “Night.”

 

He lay there in the dark with Yuri by his side. He knew she wasn’t asleep yet because of her stiffness in his arms. Yuri had let the matter drop & it means that they will never discuss it again. He just couldn’t quite catch what she was trying to tell him. One thing he had figured out is that the problem was about him having lunch with Jessica this afternoon. To him, it was just a friendly lunch with a friend but to Yuri, he knew that she was thinking otherwise. He couldn’t let Jessica feel like she was being left out. She was a quest to his family & a very good friend of his sister.

 

He let out another deep breath. He couldn’t go to sleep but think of tomorrow. Something was getting to him. Or rather it was someone. Jessica’s face was caught up in his thoughts. He could easily remember her sweet smile & the blush that appear on her cheeks at times when he looked at her. She was definitely a shy woman. Jaejoong swift back to reality as he felt Yuri relaxing in his arms.


“Hey, June.” Jaejoong said, & hugged his sister. He pulled back & saw Jessica. He passed her a smile. She smiled back at him, “Where’s dad & mom, June?”

 

“In the big den room.” She said. She looked at Yuri by Jaejoong’s side, “Hi.”


“Hello, Ahjoong.” Yuri said, glad that Ahjoong was finally being nice to her this evening for the two families gathering but she won’t always stay like that, “Has my parents come yet?”

 

Ahjoong patted her hair, “No. I’m afraid not.” She turned & walked away, cursing at her hair.

 

Jessica smiled at Yuri, “Hi Yuri.”


“Hello, Jessica. How have you been?” She asked, & tightened her hold on Jaejoong’s hand.

 

“I’m good, thank you.”

 

The doorbell rang. Jaejoong walked to the door & opened it. A bright smile came to his face as Mina pushed Doyeon over, “Hey, brother-in-law.” She looked over his shoulder, “Ah. There’s Yuri. See you.” She walked pass Jaejoong & went over to Yuri.

 

Jaejoong shook his head, “Hey, Doyeon.”


“Hey.” Doyeon said, & looked over at Jessica. He grunted in a whisper & walked pass Jaejoong. At least it wasn’t Ahjoong but Jessica could be more worst with her eyes on Jaejoong. He didn’t come here tonight to start a fight with Ahjoong. He came here to be civil & watch Jessica’s every move.


“Dad, mom, come in. My parents are already in the big den.” Jaejoong said, & kissed Mrs. Kwon on the cheek. He shook Mr. Kwon’s hand & closed the door after everyone had come in. He walked over to Yuri & took her hand, “Come on. My parents are waiting.”

 

She nodded & walked with Jaejoong to the den with her family & Jessica following from behind. They walked down the decorated ancient China hall & in front of them were doubled glass doors. A maid opened the door & they entered the den where Mr & Mrs. Kim, Yoochun & Ahjoong were waiting. Even though Yoochun wasn’t part of the family, he was considered as one & Jessica was just a guest homed by the Kim family.

 

Every other Friday, the two families will meet for the two family gathering. It was the tradition ever since Jaejoong & Yuri had gotten married.


“I won again!” Yoochun exclaimed, & stuffed all the sorted candies onto his black superfecta stripe polo shirt that he had made it into a pocket. He laughed evilly & pigged into it.


“You mean we won.” Ahjoong corrected him. She backed away from him as he handed her an eaten snicker, “Get that away from me.”

 

Jaejoong groaned while Yuri laughed, “We lost again, Oppa.”

 

“Yeah.” Yoochun snorted, “Like all the time.”


“Shut up!” Jaejoong whined.

 

Yuri kissed him on the mouth, “Don’t worry honey, we will win the wrestling match. I had seen you working out & I know Yoochun Oppa won’t win.”

 

Jaejoong’s eyes twinkled, “You are right, Yul. I always win when it comes to wrestling.”


“Hold up!” Yoochun exclaimed, “We are playing poker now! There’s only one more round left! Let’s change partners! I get Yuri!”

 

“I get Sica.” Jaejoong called. Yuri froze halfway, crawling on her knees over to Yoochun’s side of the table. She didn’t dare look back at him or else he would see the hurt in her eyes. Everything seems to freeze except for Jessica smiling & walking over to Jaejoong’s side. Yoochun’s mouth was opened with a wide o. He looked at Yuri with a sorry expression. Doyeon just glared at Jaejoong & tried to be patient. Ahjoong was looking at her nails.

 

Yuri tried her best not to collapse onto the ground. She was hurt. Not just by Jaejoong’s choosing but by the way he had said Jessica’s name. He had shortened it, just like hers but into four letters.

 

She made it to Yoochun’s side. He pressed her hand, assuring her. Doyeon & Ahjoong were partnered up together without a veto. The last round started while her hold attention was on the other side of the world. She wasn’t feeling jealous; she was feeling the way woman feels when their man cheats on them. She felt like her whole body had been crushed along with her love for him. Never in her life had she expect to marry a man who would cheat on her. Jaejoong had said his vows & had promised not to break it but with each moment moving by, the promise collapse little by little. Her pain grew with anticipation while Jaejoong’s love ends for her.


“Yuri.” Yoochun called.

 

She snapped back to reality, “What?”

 

“We won.” He looked closely at her & sighed. She wasn’t even participating in the game. He was having a hard time with her, too. Never in the time since he had met Yuri, did he see her that depressed. He couldn’t help but feel that Jaejoong was breaking his relationship with Yuri. He tried his best to push that thought away & help Yuri. Jaejoong wasn’t a man who would cheat on his wife but it looks like he was changing a lot since Jessica had came.


“Oh.” Yuri mumbled. She averted her gazes to Jaejoong. Her eyes burned as Jaejoong stared at Jessica lovingly. Her heart jumped double times but she wasn’t about to let Jaejoong fall for Jessica. She had came this far in this marriage of theirs & wasn’t going to let a beautiful woman destroy her life, “Jae Oppa.” Her whisper, came out.

 

He angled his head at Yuri & smiled sweetly, “What is it, Yul?”

 

“I want to skip the wrestling match for tonight. Why don’t we just have dinner right now?” Yuri asked, with a smile press to her baby pink lips.


“Sure, sweetie.” Jaejoong turned back to Jessica & started to talk to her again.

 

Yuri bit her lips together & felt invisible blood coming through the cuts. So, this was how the game goes with him. He would be flirting & cheating on her while she sit there & stare into the blankness of the future. If this was the way his game goes, she wasn’t sure she could handle this any longer. Just watching him look at Jessica made her heart sick with loveless love. He wasn’t a gentleman after all his fake vows & promises. A married man shouldn’t be looking forward into the future with another woman other than his wife. Yuri had never believed in fate before & she won’t now. It is useless knowing the future when you are heading to it. All it held in its hand is that your husband will cheat on you with a huge amount of love.

 

Without another painful look at Jaejoong & Jessica, Yuri got up & walked through the doubled doors. While walking down the hall, she heard footsteps behind her. Yuri turned around & was met with a smiling Jaejoong.


“Where are you going?” He asked, reaching out for her but she took a step back.


“I need some fresh air, Oppa.” She replied sharply, “Go back & don’t follow me.”

 

Jaejoong frowned, “What’s wrong, Yul? Why are you so mad nowadays? It’s not like you.”

 

“Of course not. It’s not me at all. It’s you, Oppa. You are the one who has the problem. You are the one who’s not keeping the vows that we both made on our wedding day.” She sharply turned away & walked down the hall. With every step she took, Jaejoong took every strides. She really didn’t want to talk to him. With every sweet word he says, Yuri will be the body of Jessica.

 

She turned into the living room & exited the door  into the garden. Once Yuri was down the steps, Jaejoong caught her arm. He forcefully turned her around to meet his chest & made her look into his eyes which burned with rage & the non-understanding words of what she had said.

 

“Explain to me carefully what you had just said Yuri. It seems like I don’t understand your words completely.” Jaejoong said, miffed.


“What do you mean you don’t understand my words, Oppa?! I said it plain enough! You are breaking the vows you had made at our wedding day! You are destroying our life as one! You are becoming the man I had never known since I had met you! Explain to me why you are doing this to me & you?! You don’t know how much it hurts Oppa, to be watching & pierce at the same time!” Yuri whispered, with a crying voice with no tears.


He looked at her pink face & tried to gather all the words she had said to him & the only thing that came out was her name. Jessica Jung.

 

A/N: a warning to you all readers, you guys should buy yourself a gun to get prepare because i'm sure you guys will want to kill someone, hehehe ^^