Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 22

 

Jaejoong stood up from his seat, crossed his arms & stared down at her. The temptation of anger she was giving him, he understood but he thought she had lived a happy life with her husband & Taehyun. Did her latest husband cheated on her like he did? “I’m sorry, Yuri.”


“I don’t understand you, Mr. Kim. Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong. Why apologize?” She asked, standing up from her seat & moved towards the window. Opening it, a lush of wind blew in, getting the extra hair that couldn’t be pulled back into a ponytail behind with the others, away from her face. She turned back to him but stopped, seeing him not only five meters away, “I think you stayed long enough. Good day.”

 

Yuri walked pass him but stop again, when his voice spoke up, “You asked me questions & I think you expected me to answer it.”

 

She gulped but ignored him & started to walk to the other side that he was sitting a while ago, “Go ahead & answer my questions but I don’t expect you to keep me company.”

 

He shrugged, “I have time.” He took a look at Mrs. Kwon who was sleeping peacefully, “But I don’t want to disturb your mom.”

 

Yuri averted to stare at him & then took a glance at her mom. He was using excuses, “I’m sure you can keep your voice down. If not, I think you should leave.” She looked down at the table & saw the magazine he was reading earlier. One look at the wedding dress on the front cover, she turned back around to face him quickly, “So? Answer or leave?”

 

Jaejoong crossed his arms over his chest. All she was doing was being mean to him & not all does he mind a bit. She can take the anger inside of her out on him all she wants, “I’m sorry about your husband, you & Hyunnie.” She turned back around to meet him sharply, “You have no point, too. Not a bit do you know about my husband or Hyunnie. Not even me. You don’t what he had done to me. How he had left us & went to be god’s best friend. You know nothing about my life.”


“Maybe I do, Yuri.”

 

She held her anger down by rolling her hands into a fists, “I would be happy if you leave Hyunnie & me alone. You are only making it worst, Mr. Kim.”

 

Again, he flinched at her angry words, “Whatever do you mean Yuri, I’m sorry for what I did to you in the past.”


“You are right, it was the past & your apologizes should began there again. I told you I left it behind me. I don’t want your stupid apologizes. Never talk about the past to me again, Mr. Kim.” Her eyes were still on him, “Goodbye.”

 

His face hardened. The woman he used to know wasn’t her; she had disappeared. The one in front of him now was more of a true, strong woman. Nodding his head, Jaejoong pulled on his regular expression & said, “Goodbye. Tell your mom I hope her a goodnight.”

 

She nodded her head. He walked to the door & walked out. Yuri let out the breath she didn’t know that she was holding all the while. Touching her cheeks with her hands, she woke up from the argument. She looked back down at the magazine with a frown. He forgot it. Her hands reached down for it but stopped halfway. She shouldn’t touch it since it belongs to the man she hated but her hands unexpectedly reached down & took it. She flipped through the pages & came to the one that Jaejoong was looking at earlier. Her hands smoothed the page, wanting to touch the silk dress. It was truly beautiful.


“Is someone getting marry?” She asked herself, out loud. She shook her head & was about to put the wedding magazine down when the door opened.

 

“I forgot something of mine.” Jaejoong said, walking over to her. Her eyes widened & her lips parted, she was still holding his belonging. He looked down at her hands & saw the magazine. He looked back at Yuri & then back at it, “I’m sorry to disturb you.” Jaejoong whispered. He finally took the magazine away from her soft hands gradually. Averting his body, he walked out of the room again.

 

Her lips began to tremble & she slumped into the chair. She thought he married Jessica already but the magazine belonged to him. What was he doing with it? Jaejoong & Jessica had acted like they were husband & wife already. Her breathing began to slow down in paces. He wasn’t marry yet; he was getting marry. Bloody hell! Why did nobody tell her? Now, she had risked a chance again. The thought that he was married had lessened her worries about him wanting Taehyun when he finds out but now, her worries had grown.

 

“Oh my god.” Whispered Yuri. She covered with her hands & cried out a low scream. Nobody told her. Nobody. Why did they keep it away from her? She has every right to know, ‘& he has every right to know.’ Her thoughts said. She shook her head, “No.” She has to keep Taehyun away from Jaejoong. They have to go back to the states as soon as possible.

 

After all these years, he hadn’t marry Jessica yet. Why did he wait so long to marry Jessica when he asked for the divorce so fast? Did the damn man just want to get rid of her?! Did he really hate looking at her every time when she’s near? Why did he come & see Mrs. Kwon when he knows that she was there?

 

“Yuri.” She looked up & saw Mina. Deep in her thoughts, she hadn’t even heard the door open.

 

“Mina.” Said Yuri in a surprises voice, “What are you doing here?”


“I’m here to take over for you. Go home & get some rest. Dad has to go back to work so you better hurry down there & get the ride with him back home.”

 

Yuri stood up, “Why didn’t dad come up?”


“He’s talking to Jaejoong Oppa.” Mina said, looking at her sister’s face closely, “You better hurry.”

 

Yuri’s face reddened. She nodded & ran out of the room. Whatever Jaejoong was saying to her dad, it better be something other than Taehyun. Didn’t the man leave about eighty minutes ago? How could he have still been here? She quickened her stepped after the elevator opened. Running out to the front parking lot, Yuri spotted her dad but no Jaejoong. She walked up to him slowly, “Dad.” Mr. Kwon turned around & smiled down at her.


“Get in the car. I will take you home.” Before Yuri could answer, he opened the door & got in. She bit her lips & got into the passenger seat, “Mina said that you were talking to Mr...Jaejoong.”

 

Mr. Kwon started the engine & pulled out of the parking lot before answering Yuri, “I was.” He simply answered.


“What...What did he say?” She stuttered.

 

Mr. Kwon looked over at Yuri & turned back to his driving, “Nothing bad about you.” He said, trying to make a joke out of it but it didn’t make her feel any better about the solution. He sighed, “He was just asking about Hyunnie, darling.”


“What? What did he ask about, dad? What did you say?”


“Nothing much that will destroy the secret.” Mr. Kwon answered, both of her questions in one. He promised to keep Taehyun a secret for his daughter & he did. Never had Mrs. Kwon & him forgive Jaejoong for his intolerance.

 

Yuri went silent at his words. She hated the word. Secret it was. What else could it be? She has to keep it a secret from the deceiver & his family even though they had done nothing wrong. It was as if everything that lives in her life was a secret. She couldn’t stand the word but yet, she has to use it on every single case that arrives in her life & yet, life was a secret to every self.

 

The rest of the ride home was quiet until they reached the driveway. Yuri frowned & unbuckled her safety belt. Her eyes were still on the black car parked in front of their driveway. It looked familiar, yet unfamiliar at the same time, “Dad. Whose car is that?”

 

Mr. Kwon glance at his daughter, “I believe its Mr & Mrs. Kim’s.” Her frown disappeared into an uneasy look. She opened the door & stepped out. Before Yuri could close the door, Mr. Kwon spoke up, “Yuri. Doyeon & I are going to be late for work. I can’t come in. Is it alright?” He asked, with a concern look. She pressed her lips together & nodded. Anything, she was ready for. Mr. Kwon placed a halfway smile onto his face, “Tell Doyeon to come out. We got work to go to. Good luck.” She nodded again, & opened the gate. Walking down the cement, Yuri reached the front door & opened it. She was brave & yet, she was scare to meet her ex-in-laws again, but they were Doyeon’s in-laws now & she still loves them more than ever.

 

Appearing at the living room archway, Yuri stared at the scene happening in front of her. She couldn’t help it but smile as Taehyun giggle in his real grandpa’s lap. Somehow, she knew she had feel more self-assure around them than Jaejoong. Mr. Kim looked older since the four years that had passed. More gray hair had begun to cover his old black hair but he looked healthier. Mrs. Kim was the same. Nothing had change & she still has the beauty of a young woman.

 

Taehyun, somewhat, sensed that someone else was in the same room, looked up from his tons of giggling. His eyes brightened even more. He threw his hands up; he got out of his grandpa’s lap on the couch & ran to Yuri, calling “Mommy.” Too surprised to catch him, he pumped into her leg & hung onto it. He looked up at her & smiled, “Hyunnie miss you, mommy. Hyunnie cried this morning because Hyunnie didn’t see you but then, Hyunnie stopped crying because Hyunnie remember he is a big boy.”

 

She let out a laugh & bent down to pick him up. He circled his arms around her neck & kissed her cheek, “I love you, mommy.”

 

Still laughing, she tilted her head to the right & said, “I love Hyunnie, too. Were you a good boy today?”

 

He bobbed his head up & down, “Yeah. Hyunnie met Heonnie & Nana today.” He turned to look at them, “They say you know them, mommy.” Yuri looked at Mr & Mrs. Kim & managed to put on the smile they loved. They smiled back at her & nodded their heads in a greeting. Taehyun wriggled to get down & accidentally, he landed on his bottom. He giggled some more & got up, “Hyunnie okay.” He said, with his little fingers up in the air. He ran to Mr & Mrs. Kim who were about to get up from the pump of Taehyun.

 

Yuri turned her attention to Doyeon who was sitting on the couch the whole time. He got up & walked over to her, “Is this okay with you?”

 

She nodded, “Dad’s waiting out there for you. Thanks for watching over Hyunnie for me.”


“Anytime Yuri.” He said, & walked out of the door. Yuri her lips & let out a breath. She walked over to the three & sat down on the opposite couch. Seeing her mom again, Taehyun ran back to Yuri with his little legs carrying him. He sat on her lap quietly, the purple lollipop that Mr. Kim had just given him.

 

Yuri cleared to begin the conversation, “Hello Mr & Mrs. Kim. How are you two doing?”

 

“We are doing great, Yuri. How about you?” Mrs. Kim asked.


“With Hyunnie, my life is never happier.” Their smiled disappeared. Realizing what she had just said, Yuri tried to reword her answer, “I didn’t mean that. I had a great…”


“We understand, Yuri.” Mr. Kim said, “I’m happy to see you back in Korea. We could have come earlier to see you but it turns out that my wife & I was on a trip. I’m sorry about the delay.”

 

Yuri shook her head, “It’s quite alright. Thank you for your time today.”

 

Mrs. Kim looked at Taehyun then back at Yuri, “He’s a very cute boy & very polite, too.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

There was silence for some time; even Taehyun was quiet while his lollipop. After a while, Mr. Kim decided to break the quietness, “I don’t mean to be imprudent, Yuri, but your parents nor Doyeon never told us that you remarried.”

 

She looked down at Taehyun & his hair, “I’m sorry but I told them not to tell anyone. It was just a small wedding with his family since mine couldn’t come.” She looked up at them, “I guess you were wondering how I got Hyunnie all the while.”


“Congratulations. I’m glad that you found someone.” Mr. Kim said. Yuri nodded her head. He waited for her to continue where her husband was but after a while of talking, he asked her the question himself, “Did he not come here to see your mom?”


“No. Actually, he left us to be god’s best friend.” She said.

 

Mr & Mrs. Kim looked at one another, “We are sorry to hear about that.” Mrs. Kim said, “I thought you would had been living a wonderful life.”


“I actually got over it after years later. To think about it, Hyunnie made my life & my husband’s with him all the while.”


“I see.”


“How’s your mom doing? We haven’t have time to go & see her lately.” Mr. Kim asked.


“She’s doing quite alright. The surgery is in less than three weeks.”


“Then you will be going back to the states?”

 

Yuri nodded, “I still have my job to worry about but if my mom doesn’t get well, I will delay my work.”


“I’m glad to hear that.”


“Done.” Taehyun said, holding only his lollipop stick up, “More?” He asked Mr. Kim.

 

“Is your hands sticky?” Yuri asked. He held his hands out which was fill with sticky grape stained. She shook her head, “You need to go wash up, baby. Come on.” She said, standing up, “Mommy will take you to the bathroom.”


“No, Yuri. I will take him. You stay here.” Mr. Kim said, & stood up from his seat. He picked Taehyun up & walked down the hall. Yuri averted her attention to Mrs. Kim.


“You know Yuri. We would love for you to stay longer.”

 

“I would love too, but I possibly can’t. My mom was the only reason that I came back here & I will be returning as soon as she gets well.”

 

Mrs. Kim nodded, understanding the real reason. She doesn’t blame Yuri for wanting to get out of this country. Even if love breaks her heart, she will do the same thing, “Yuri. My husband & I had been thinking that we might throw a welcome back party for you & Mina. It’s the best we could do now. I hope that you will accept that?”


“A welcome back party?” Yuri said, surprised “No, Mrs. Kim. It’s quite alright. I don’t want to waste your time.”


“I know that your mom is in the hospital now & it’s not the best time.”


“Yes, it’s that, too.” Yuri said, “But you don’t have, too.”


“But my husband & I want too, Yuri. I know that you are struggling with your own life but we want to help you out with a small party. You had been gone for so long, everybody missed you. It’s just going to be a small party, the way you had always liked it.”

 

Yuri smiled at their appreciation but she truly didn’t want to go to a party, especially with her being one of the special guests, “I’m sorry Mrs. Kim, but I truly can not accept a party. I know that you want me to feel welcome back but I just can’t. I’m so sorry. I hope you & Mr. Kim understands me.”


“Yuri, before you answer us, I want you to think it over first. It’s not a big problem with my husband & me throwing the party. We just want you & Mina to be there. Please, can you think it over again?”

 

Yuri let out a breath but nodded, “I will think it over, Mrs. Kim, & then I will tell you & Mr. Kim.”

 

“Thank you, dear.” She said, & got up as Mr. Kim & Taehyun walked back into the living room, “We must be going now. Thank you for your time, Yuri.”

 

She nodded & took Taehyun in her arms, “Come back again. Goodbye.”


“Goodbye.” They both said.


“Byebye Heonnie, Nana.” Taehyun said, as he wave. They waved back & walked out of the door, closing it. Yuri walked up to her room & closed the door, “What’s wrong, mommy?”


“Nothing, sweetheart.” She said, & placed Taehuyn down on the bed, “Mommy’s just tired. You wouldn’t mind having other afternoon nap, would you?”

 

He pretended to yawn & got onto the other side of the bed, “Hyunnie & mommy nap.”


She smiled & patted his cheeks. He is such a good boy, loving her so much with his tiny heart.

 

A/N: i will be busy in the morning so here's one chap. but i will update two more later on when i come home ^^