Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 35

 

She crumbled the dried rose petal the moment after touching it. Why care to read it when the heart was broken already? She sniffed. Opening the window, Yuri opened her hand. Small pieces of a dead, dried rose petal flew onto the ground. She wiped her hands quickly as if to get the germs off. She thought she threw every single one of them away before she left for America. What was that one doing there? She sighed & shook her head. Just forget about it.

 

Yuri took out the two suitcases that she had brought from America with her. She laid it on the floor & quickly packed Taehyun & her clothes. Tomorrow, just tomorrow they will be gone. Mina had decided to stay in Korea to nurse over Mrs. Kwon until she gets well but for her, she can’t wait any longer. This afternoon, she had already said her goodbye to her family. They were all at the hospital now, watching over Mrs. Kwon. It was already eight at night & so many hours left.

 

her red lips, she closed the first suitcase & started to pack the second one. Her hands stopped halfway to touching one of her clothes when the doorbell rang. She pressed a thin smile on. Now wasn’t the time for anyone to disturb her. She was too busy. If it was one of her family member, they should have their keys. Yuri took one look at Taehyun. He was fast asleep. She was sure he had get well before tomorrow comes. Getting up from her cross-legged position, Yuri walked out of the room. She quickly walked down the stairs after a second rang of the doorbell. Whoever it is, they are sure in a hurry.

 

Without looking out at the long, skinny window beside the door, Yuri opened the door. She parted her lips to say her sorry but stopped herself in time. Her brows narrowed. There, the man stood in the middle of the doorframe. Instead of slamming the door in his face, she kept staring at his handsome but yet tired face. She didn’t care how tired he looked but the question is that what was he doing here? He was supposed to be in San Francisco, California with his fiance.


“Where’s Hyunnie?” He asked, trying to keep his head from swaying.

 

Yuri turned pale. Panic seized her. He knows. About to shut the door on him, he slammed his palm against the wooden door. Jaejoong looked up. His eyes were filled with concern & worry, “Where the hell is Hyunnie?” He asked again, with his voice more impatient but soft.

 

She kept her balance, “What are you doing here?” Yuri asked, trying to take some time off of him from seeing her son.

 

His eyes turned from tired into a glare. Her spine straightened, “Let me see Hyunnie, Yuri.”

 

She shook her head, “You are insane.” Shutting the door again, she only got it halfway when he stepped into the house. She stepped back, startled by his quick motion. He slammed the door shut with his foot, “What the hell are you doing?!” She exclaimed, her voice raising. Jaejoong ignored her & walked pass her. Again, startled by his move, Yuri turned & grabbed his arm. He averted his head slowly to look at her then at her hold on his arm. Her grip only tightened, “Get out of this house or I will call the police.” Her voice was strong, stronger than she realized.

 

He looked down at her hold again, “There’s no need to.”

 

Her jaw tightened, “Get out of this house now.”

 

Jaejoong’s lazy eyes dropped down to her eyes. She was serious but then, he was, too. He didn’t come here to bother her; he came here only to see her son. The news he heard from his parents this morning had brought him here & he wasn’t going to leave until Taehyun gets well. Yes, Jessica’s father is sick but she let him off. The image of not seeing Taehyun smile killed him but the thought of Taehyun being sick made him agonize. He rather die, knowing that Taehyun is ill then suffer the pain.

 

He blinked in a lazy way. Lord, he hadn’t sleep at all since that news & he couldn’t sleep more until Taehyun gets well. Gradually, Jaejoong her tight grip away from his arm. She let go at his touch & hid her hands behind her back. He looked down & seemed to be fidgeting, “Yuri, please?”

 

She gave him a glare, “No matter how much you beg me, there is no chance you will see my son. The best thing for you to do now is walk back out that door.”


“Yuri, I…”


“Leave.”

 

Glints of tears shine in his eyes. She turned away, seeing it. There is no chance any tears is going to stop her. He made a grab for her arm but stopped himself. Letting out a tired breath, Jaejoong took a step towards the door. He ran a restless hand through his hair. Taking another three steps, he opened the door. A gush of sunshine came into the dark room. He turned to looked at her again, hoping that she would change her mind but she still had her back turned to him. No chances; he was nobody to her.

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes. Taehyun is her son. He opened his eyes back up & let out a small breath. He will leave. Taking one step out onto the pouch, he closed the door behind him slowly. He stood there. The neighborhood was quiet & the more he felt dead. He hadn’t slept for the past hour. There wasn’t enough strength in him left. He needed to see her little boy. He needed to see the smile on his cute face. He needed to hug the little guy.

 

He stepped down the steps & walked to his car. Somehow, he knows that he couldn’t make it tonight. Driving to the hospital, Jaejoong couldn’t help but drive slowly. Cars honked their horns at him but he didn’t care. What was the use of driving fast when the days wouldn’t go by fast? He chuckled crazily to himself. Parking his car in the lot, he walked up to his father’s office. His dad shouldn’t be on a night shift tonight. Jaejoong opened the door to his dad’s office & walked in without knocking. His dad glance up with his glasses hanging on his nose.

 

“You are back already?” He asked, as if surprised. Of course, he knew that Jaejoong would come back as soon as he heard the news.

 

He nodded & sat before his dad, “Hello dad.”

 

Raising both brows, Mr. Kim asked, “What’s wrong?”


“Nothing.” Jaejoong rubbed his face, “Where’s mom at?”

 

Mr. Kim grinned, “She’s volunteering as an ex-nurse down on level five. I’m proud of your mother.”

 

“Mom’s working again?” He rubbed his face again, “I need to go home. Just dropped by to see how you were doing, dad.”


“I’m the same, son.” He glanced at his fossil machine three hand stainless steel watch, "Two more hour until your mom & I will retire for the night.”


“Okay then. Goodnight.” Jaejoong rose from his seat. He stared at the walls full of frames & pictures. He walked to the door & opened it.

 

Mr. Kim flipped the page of his book & then realized something. He glanced up, stopping Jaejoong in time.

 

“I forgot something. This morning, when your mother & I went to see Yuri, I promised her that I had bring her the bottle of medicine for Hyunnie. I’m supposed to give her the medicine tomorrow but I got it earlier than I thought. The medicine’s at our house in your mom & my room.” He chuckled, “I left it there when having lunch at home. Can you do me a favor & give it to Yuri tonight?”

 

Jaejoong nodded. He didn’t care, at least, he gets to see Taehyun again, “Sure thing, dad.”


“Thank you, son.”

 

Jaejoong nodded again, “Night.” He walked out of the room & closed the door. One more trip. He drove to his parents’ house & parked the car on the driveway. Getting out of his car, he gave a nod to Daehyun, the valet. He climbed the stairs to his parents’ room & opened the door. Turning on the light switch, the light brightened the beautiful furnished room. Jaejoong walked over to the table on his mother’s side of the bed. He saw a bottle full of brown liquid & picked it up. The bottle fitted his hand perfectly.

 

He read the prescription. His brows narrowed. Taehyun wouldn’t be taking this medicine if not of the illness that Jaejoong uses to have when he was a little boy. He shook his head. His father must have gotten the wrong bottle. He laid the medicine back down on the table but as he did, his eyes caught the back of a picture that had words written on it. He took it into his hand.

 

A grin appeared on his face, “Hyunnie.” He said in a whisper, “Why would his picture be doing in here?” Jaejoong cleared his throat & turned it over to the back to read the written words, “January 26, 1986. Our Jaejoong’s birthday.”

 

Jaejoong’s brows narrowed deeper. He turned the picture over & looked at the boy again. It’s Hyunnie...no, it was him. He shot his head up.

 

*Flashback*

 

“My name is Kwon. Hyunnie Kwon.”

 

“Taehyun.”

 

“Not a bit do you know about my husband or Hyunnie.”

 

“Maybe he looks just like his daddy.”

 

“Hyunnie got his mouth & eyes but the nose he got it from me.”

 

“I had been a mother for four years now.”

 

“We don’t need your help.”


“Stay away from my son.”

 

*End of Flashback*

 

The picture crammed in his hands as he tightened his grip. His eyes turned from lazy to dark. Taehyun is him. All those images & words were thrown at him just to wake him up from his blindness. Where had he been? From tall to low, he had been cheated on all those weeks. No wonder Yuri always tells him to stay away from Taehyun. No wonder he thought that the little guy looked so familiar. No wonder she moved to the states for four long years.

 

Disbelief ran over his face. His fist tightened as so his jaw. Without a second to waste, he ran out of the house to his car. Dammit all! Had he really not notice all these while? Not only had love blinded him but also cheated did. Jaejoong slammed the door as he entered his apartment room. He ran to his office & clicked on the mouse. A screen of files popped up. Taking out his cell, he punched in the number as if punching a beanbag.

 

“Hello, Shim Changmin speaking.”


“Minnie, it’s Jaejoong. I got a name for you. Kwon Yuri. Check her out & send her profiles to me? Give me everything that you can find.”


“Another case?”


“Hurry up.” Jaejoong said, impatient.

 

He heard a mummer from the other line & muttered to himself, “I got it.” Changmin said, “Sending it over now.” “Thanks man.” Jaejoong hung up as a window popped up. He scrolled down. Yuri’s picture appeared from head to waist slowly. He took a swallow & scrolled down further, not wanting to see her smiling face & then stopped as he came to the place he wanted most.

 

Name: Taehyun Kwon

 

Born: February 21, 2001 in UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA

 

Father: Kim Jaejoong

 

Mother: Kwon Yuri


“!” He shouted, & stood up in a second, knocking down the chair. He ran a frustrated hand through his hair. He didn’t even sign that certificate & his damn name was on it! Hands in a fists by his side, Jaejoong punched the table. His son. Taehyun. She had hidden his son away from him for four years, “!” Grabbing his keys, he ran out of the apartment. As fast as his car was going this time, he didn’t care the least. That woman has his son.