Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 71

 

After tucking in Taehyun for the night, Yuri went into the living room & just stood there. She felt like a stranger just as soon as she had entered his apartment. No, their apartment. She didn’t feel like a wife. She didn’t feel right. She was just a stranger. The place had changed. It wasn’t the same at all like he had said. Jessica had changed her creation into something else.

 

She closed her eyes in pain. Right here in the living room was where they had made out, Jaejoong & his ex-fiance. She still remembered that horrible day, even though she had tried her best to block it away. Everywhere she had stepped, Jessica had step. Everything she had touched, Jessica had touch.

 

Yuri gulped. Jessica had touched Jaejoong, too. She rubbed her face then brushed her hair back in frustration. Why should she care, even if they had slept together? It wasn’t her problem with his past girlfriend but it is her problem with his future girlfriends.


“Not glad you are back home, are you?” Jaejoong asked, from behind. He stood eight feet away from her, cautious of touching her yet.


“No.” She replied honestly.


“You can redecorate the place if you want. I won’t mind. Love to have a woman back in this place. I miss your cooking & laughter. You can always brighten up this apartment.”

 

‘So, she had lived in here with him. He sounds happy to have another woman.’ Yuri thought. Turning around, she faced him, “I will try to redecorate if I can. School begins next week. I haven’t even bought the things I need & I need to register Hyunnie into daycare.” She grimaced, “I’m going to be busy.”


“& very tired.” Jaejoong added, moving towards her. He started soothing her arm with his hands, “Why don’t I show you our room? Hyunnie’s already sleeping.” He took her hand; she didn’t pull back, “I will register Hyunnie into daycare but you need rest.” They walked a couple of feet & reached the room. Jaejoong opened the door, showed Yuri in first & closed the door behind.

 

The lamp was on but she had wished it wasn’t. This was what Jaejoong had meant. The bedroom they shared in the past was still the same when she had left. Nothing changed but the exception of his needing stuff. The walls were still blue, the way they had painted it together. The white, velvet curtains were still in its place. Her head spin. He had kept everything in the room they had shared together.

 

Just as she was about to move her feet, he came up from behind & kissed her cheek. She turned her head. He kissed her other cheek.


“Please, Jaejoong Oppa?”

 

He let go at her pleading voice. She quickly turned to meet him after brushing her tangled hair away from her face. His heart sank. She knew what he was about to do but didn’t want to go along.


“I’m sorry, Yul. You are tired. I forgot.”

 

She blinked gradually & tiredly with a sigh, “Don’t be sorry. It’s not you. It’s me.” She turned to face the bed. Her face was fully paled, “I should had never agree to this ridiculous marriage.”

 

“We didn’t have a choice.”


“Maybe but.” She sat on the bed, looking up at him, “Did you really think that we can get along?”

 

“We are trying.”

 

Yuri shook her head, “Maybe you are but I’m not. I don’t want to act like someone I can’t be.”

 

“What can’t you be?”

 

‘Your wife.’ Her thoughts answered. Yuri turned her head away. She had never planned to talk to him opening like this but it was just starting. She can stop right away & he will never know what she was thinking about. He’s a lawyer & still, he was a lawyer to her thoughts. If they ever get close again, he will always be able to read her mind. She will never let that be.

 

His eyes followed her as she stood up. She walked over to her side, yanked the blanket with gentleness & slip in. He stood where he was.

 

“Yul?”


“I’m tired, Oppa.”

 

He sighed. Just before she went into her deep thoughts a while ago, he thought that there was something opening up between the walls but he was wrong. She was always closed so tight since the divorcement. There was a difference for him to make.

 

Taking his calvin klein exploded plaid shirt off, Jaejoong slipped in beside her. He scooted nearer to her body. To draw her closer, he slipped a hand around her waist. She wriggled to get away but he held her tighter beneath the blanket. He tried to kiss her cheek but ended up kissing the blanket she had blocking herself. With a sigh, he kissed her hair deeply.


“Let me comfort you, Yul? I want to warm you up. Your skins are so cold & I’m worried.”

 

She stopped wriggling but the stiffness was still alert in her body. He ducked his head under the blanket & was able to kiss her cheek.


“I know you are tired but talk to me. Just talk to be please? Say anything that you want. Yell at me but just not loud enough that will wake up our son. Say anything to me.”

 

“Silence will do.” She whispered.

 

Waking up, Jaejoong sniffed. Cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins. He grinned. She was already awake & will there ever be a change where she would wake him up? Just as he began to rub his sleepy eyes, Taehyun’s shouting was heard. He sat up but someone knocked him back down. Taehyun giggled.


“Good morning, daddy.”


“Good morning to you, too. Ouch, you are hurting me. Should have known that you will be jumping on me.”

 

Taehyun laughed, “Up, daddy, up. Mommy is cooking yummy. She say that if you don’t wake up, she will come in here & pinch you.”


“Really?” Taehyun bobbed his head. Jaejoong laughed out loud. He will love to flirt with his bride but he hated her pinches. She could win the world’s best pincher, “Alright. Tell mommy I will be right in. First, I need a hot shower.”


“Hurry then.” Taehyun jumped off of his chest & ran back out. Jaejoong sighed in relaxation. This was what he wanted his every morning to be, himself, Taehyun & Yuri. With a joyful yelp, Jaejoong jumped off the bed & ran into the bathroom. Today was his first day with his married family & he wasn’t about to make it turn into a disaster.

 

With clean clothes on after the quick shower, Jaejoong popped into the kitchen. He put on a grin as he saw Yuri moving about carrying plates but his grin disappeared as she turned around with a sweaty face. Halfway into a run, Jaejoong held her by the back & with one arm brought up, he carefully & lovingly wiped her forehead & cheeks. Then his lips smacked her forehead. Pulling back, he breathed a sigh.


“Are you okay?”

 

‘You are making my morning worst’, she was about to burst out with impatience. Instead, she put the plates she was holding on the table counter & said, “Yeah.” He had done everything so quick she wasn’t able to react. Jaejoong let out another breath & turned around. Taehyun was giggling at him. Yes, he made a fool out of himself but he couldn’t stand Yuri breaking a sweat. He walked around the counter & sat next to his son. Taehyun gazed up & grinned.


“Daddy kiss mommy.”


“You shouldn’t be peeking.” Jaejoong grunted in a teasing voice, “Mommy wouldn’t like it. She’s very shy just like that on our wedding day.”


“Oh.” Taehyun said, with a fish mouth, “But mommy kiss Hyunnie all time.”

 

Jaejoong drank his coffee. His son’s smile widened, “Now, that’s different.” Jaejoong wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, “Mommy kisses you like a son but mommy kisses me like a boyfriend but we are really husband & wife. You will understand when you are old enough. I will explain everything a man needs to know when you are a real man.”

 

His eyes brightened, “Really?”

 

Jaejoong nodded & slapped Taehyun’s back as if his son was already a real man, “But you will have to keep it a secret or mommy will find out. You won’t like that. She’s real picky.”


“Like eating bockili?”

 

He seemed to think for a while then nodded, “Yes, like eating broccoli. Yuck, huh?”

 

Taehyun nodded, “Very yucky.”

 

Yuri turned back from the stove. Both men stopped their talking. The loud sizzling had stopped. Yuri filled their plates & sat down to eat hers. Jaejoong turned his head to the side.


“Good morning.”

 

She arched a cute brow, “Good morning?” Her confusion turned him into a mixture of confusion.


“Yes, good morning.” He repeated. Taehyun ignored them both, seated in the middle. He let out a breath, not getting her as she wasn’t getting him, “So?” He tried again, changing the subject, “Where are we going today?” “Zoo.” Taehyun answered his daddy, with a mouth full. Yuri chided him.


“How about hitting the beach first?” Jaejoong suggested, as Yuri didn’t intend to, “Are you up to it, Yul?”

 

She averted to him, “I’m sorry. I’m going to be busy. School’s starting & I need to get supplies. Why don’t you two enjoy yourself & go to the beach together? I’m sure that will be fun.” She played with her pink bottom lips, “Don’t you have work?”

 

“No. I’m off for this week.” & damn, he was only off to spend his week with her & Taehyun together but she was busy with her job! “Because there’s no case.” He lied; there were always cases.

 

“Oh.” She took a long sip of her tea. Then took a glance at her seiko solar excelsior two-tone stainless steel link bracelet watch, “I have to go now.” Standing up, Yuri took off the old blue mickey mouse apron. Jaejoong’s heart dropped as he saw that she was all dress up.

 

‘She is right.’ He thought, ‘She never did try to get along with me.’

 

“Goodbye, sweetheart.” Leaning down, Yuri kissed Taehyun’s forehead, “I will see you much later on alright? Be a good boy & have fun.” Straightening in a rush, her eyes met his. Slowly, she brushed her high ponytail back into place.

 

‘So cute my wife is.’ He thought.


“Bye.”

 

He waved a little. Maybe she will lean over & give him a kiss too, but Yuri did the opposite; she turned & walked out of the kitchen. He sighed. Maybe his imagination can be too big sometimes.


“What you thinking, daddy?”


Jaejoong turned to look ahead at the stove. Then down at his plate. He groaned, “I’m thinking we are left to wash the dishes.”