Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 93

 

She walked down the hall, not knowing where she actually was. Not only does the hotel have rooms but also party galleries. With fusing hands, she ran them through her hair. Passing a set of rooms, she suddenly heard footsteps behind her. It couldn’t be Jaejoong. He was still making his speech when she had walked out & surely, he wasn’t such a fool to leave it half-blank.

 

She didn’t panic. Why would she when it was a woman’s heels tip-tapping on the tiled floor? Surely, she can do nothing to her. Turning around a corner, Yuri took a few steps before averting to meet whoever was following her. She met no other but Jessica. What does the woman want? Jessica couldn’t be heading the way she was heading since there were confusion written all over her face.

 

Jessica brushed her hair back & stopping in front of Yuri, she smiled warmly, “Hi. Don’t worry, I’m not trying to stalk you. I just wanted to talk to you since I saw you walking out while Jaejoong Oppa was making his speech.”

 

Yuri blinked & stared at the woman in front of her with no emotion, “Oh.”


“Why did you leave?”

 

She her lips before responding, “I needed a walk. My feet were going to sleep.” Jessica just nodded. Yuri waited for her to word the next sentence. Didn’t the woman say she wanted a talk? “You said you wanted to talk to me?”


“Oh, right.” She laughed, covering , “I’m sorry.” Her smile relaxed, turning her face into a solemn, mature look, “You had probably noticed Oppa’s hand.” Yuri nodded, “Don’t get the wrong impression. I was just trying to stop the bleeding.”


“Why would I?”

 

Jessica shook her head, “Weren’t you…?”


“I was talking with my son on the phone.” She cut her sentence off, not wanting to hear it. She heaved a sigh, “I saw his hand. I have no problem with any woman trying to help a man with a bleeding hand. It happens all the time. It might be a coincidence but it’s worth it to help someone. If you will excuse me, I will be going now.”

 

“No, wait.” Jessica looked down at the ground then back up at Yuri, “You must have notice I still have feelings for Oppa.” She blushed, “& I’m sorry again. I don’t want to break up another marriage but love can’t be given up so fast.” She grimaced unwillingly, “You must think that I’m impossible, being in love with a man that already has a wife. I...I don’t know if he loves you but what I know is that he doesn’t love me anymore. He said it to me & I even sense it. He’s a sweet man, Yuri.” She bit her reddish pink bottom lips, “It’s hard to let one go.” She swallowed thickly, “I’m sorry to be telling you this too, but I can’t help myself. I’m still in love with your husband.”

 

Yuri nodded, averting her head at the same time. She smiled thinly with a swallow. How she wished the woman had stayed back in that grand room. She didn’t want to hear her words of how much in love she was with Jaejoong. It didn’t pierce her heart. She didn’t feel anything. All of this had happened just the day when she & Jaejoong had had the divorce. It wasn’t any use to go over it again. The woman clearly shows how much she still loved Jaejoong. Couldn’t she understand that the husband’s wife doesn’t want to hear anything about affairs?

 

She had been hurt & was afraid of being hurt again, but she was prepared for it. Even though she had gained his trust, she wasn’t fully sure if she had be hurt again. He’s a great man compared to every man on earth but does she care if another woman loves him? No, she doesn’t. He gave her his words & she knows he will keep it, even though those own words will never come out of . Surely, gladness had filled her that Jaejoong doesn’t love the woman any longer.

 

Yuri shook her head, “There’s no need to be sorry. I understand your feelings. If you are waiting for him, there’s still a chance.” A questioning remark filled Jessica’s face. Yuri smiled thinly with a sigh, “You know that he & I only got marry because of Hyunnie. There’s no love involved. He.” She hesitated, “All I know is that our marriage won’t last long. If you still really love him, I give you hope in the near future.” She turned to leave but Jessica caught her arm.


“I don’t clearly understand what you are saying.”

 

“Look.” Yuri said tiredly, “Jaejoong Oppa & I had a bargain. Nobody knows of this. I don’t care if you love him; I don’t cared if he loves you but when this bargain breaks, I’m sure he will come back to you.”

 

The woman parted her lips in surprises. She tried to speak but was still too shock. When she tried the second time, her voice was quivering, “But...But what about the bab...baby inside of you?”

 

Yuri swallowed with a smile, “It’s up to him.”


“Yul.”

 

Yuri turned her head & met her husband. Her face blanched. How long had he been there? Not long, she noticed as his brows met in the middle, wondering what they were doing out in the hall. She had meant all the words she had said to Jessica, not regretting one bit but if Jaejoong had heard it, she wasn’t sure what she would do than. If he love her enough, he surely will shake out whatever she meant with all of those uttered words.

 

She didn’t understand herself why she had said those words, even with her full trust on him now but with common sense, most women who tries her best to get back the man she loves will always get them back & she, she wasn’t trying at all. She wasn’t most women & those women like her would live in whatever will suit for them. Maybe it will be the life she had been through in those four years in blueness.


“What are you doing out here?” He walked closer & took her into his arms. With his next move, his eyes landed on Jessica, “What were you ladies talking about?”


“Nothing important.” Yuri answered, “Just women stuff.”


“& that is?”

 

“Women stuff.” She repeated again. Looking up at his eyes, the hope that had filled his eyes of getting the answer he was searching for was gone. She had clearly made sense of herself with that intractable tone.

 

“Ah, there you are.” All turned their heads to meet Kim Soohyun. He walked up to Jessica but didn’t touch her, “I went to your room but you didn’t answer the door so I suspected that you must had came down first.” He scratched his head awkwardly, “I actually followed Jaejoong after his speech, needing to ask where you had gone to but luck is, he led me to you.” He laughed, “What are you doing out in the hall?”


“I...nothing important.” Jessica glanced at Yuri, following her earlier sentence. Yuri again, smile thinly.

 

“Oh.” He voiced, talking a glance at his brown fossil modern machine chronograph leather watch, “Almost midnight. There are fireworks going out tonight. We are to picnic out in the garden to see them. There’s a beautiful meadow with an old oak tree in the middle. Want to take the spot before another couple can?”

 

Jessica bit her bottom lips. Soohyun didn’t seem to notice as he kept smiling, “I supposed.” She answered, then took a look at Jaejoong, “Are you guys coming?”


“We wouldn’t miss it.” He lightly pressed Yuri’s arm, “You guys can head on first. We will follow from behind.” He smiled, even though noticing Jessica’s look.


“Alright, I will see you out there.” She didn’t add Yuri onto the same one name list Jaejoong was on. Suspecting that she will only be gladder if Yuri wasn’t there. With Soohyun’s waiting arm, she hooked her hand onto his crooked elbow.

 

When they were out of sight, Jaejoong turned to Yuri & started to kiss her hard. She pressed her lips together & pulled back. A slight question lighted in his eyes as he gazed down at her. Instead of asking why she rejected the kiss, he questioned, “Why did you leave while I was making my speech?”


“I needed to stretch my legs.”


“Could have wait.” He said in a teasing voice. He circled his arms around her waist & brought her close, “Really, Yul, what did Jessica say to you?”

 

‘You mean what I said to her?’ She questioned inwardly, “I told you, Oppa, it’s a women’s talk. Whatever she had said to me isn’t what you are thinking. We didn’t have a cat fight.” Without looking at her rose fossil stella multifunction stainless steel watch, she guessed without luck & said, “It’s fifty minutes before the fireworks will go out. Aren’t you going to go watch it?”

 

“We are.” He corrected her, “But don’t have a mind that we are dropping this conversation. Come on.” He took her hand but she snatched it back.


“You go ahead.”

 

He raised a brow, “Where are you planning to go than?”


“Back to the room.” He deepened his frown, “I’m tired, Oppa. If you don’t mind, go ahead without me. I’m sure you will have fun watching those fireworks with Soohyun-Sshi & Jessica.”

 

Jaejoong shook his head, “Actually.” He took her hand again, “I do mind. If you are tired, we will just go back to the room together & watch the fireworks from there. It gives much more of a beautiful sight than from the garden, I’m pretty sure of that. How about it?”

 

She kept in her sigh & nodded. What use was it to let him know that she can’t be near him without feeling guilty & not regret? Guilty of saying that there will be no future for them. Even though she tried, Yuri couldn’t quite figure out why she had said there had be a future between him & Jessica. He had always talked about the future in that first one year that they had been married. Future. How easy it was from him to say it. She couldn’t quite figure out what the future ahead of her awaits. Maybe it will be pleasant & maybe it won’t. Couldn’t she meet with a fortuneteller?

 

How much easier that had be. If she could know, there will be no worries. There will only be wishes of speeding ahead or wishes of stopping at that particular point.

 

Reaching the room, Jaejoong opened both windows but left the french door to the balcony close. Yuri entered the bathroom & saw him turning around just as she closed the door. With a sigh of tiredness, she took off her clothes & breezed herself within the showered water. With each little hit the water sent, her sleepiness weakened.

 

With Taehyun at three months in her womb, she had never felt tired but with a second baby coming, even at the early stage, she felt dead. The divorce with Jaejoong years ago hadn’t had an effect on her with Taehyun but now, with Jaejoong loving her & the depression of admitting her love, why was she feeling so drowsing? Wasn’t she supposed to feel excited with him being around when she’s with child? Wasn’t she happy that he would be there when the time for her to labor comes? & what about the time he will be spending with the child when Taehyun had never had that before after his four years of birth?


“Yul.” His voice with a soft knock at the door interrupted her thoughts, “You had been in there for over half an hour. Are you asleep? If you are & if you don’t answer me now, I will break the door open to come & save you.”

 

Yuri exhaled & brushed her wet hair back. She hadn’t even been taking a shower for more than eighteen minutes, “I will be out.” Called Yuri, turning off the water. She grabbed a hotel towel & wrapped it around her body. Forgetting that she had forgotten her clothes, Yuri hit her forehead. She blow-dried her hair, pulled on a robe & walked out of the bathroom as if out of the ordinary.

 

Jaejoong turned around from one of the opened window with a small smile on. He motioned her to come closer. She shook her head, “You need to go take a shower.” Her arms were wrapped around her body tightly, wishing that he had go into the bathroom so she can have a chance to dress, “When you come out, we will watch the fireworks together.” Only an excuses.


“Fine with me.” He walked towards the wardrobe to grab his clothes. Then walking over, tall, lean & so handsome, he winked, “Put on some clothes.” She blushed as he passed her, “But I like you better without that robe.” He called, before closing the bathroom door. Again, her blush managed to deepen as she searched for a pair of pajamas.

 

With a relieved exhale, she opened the french doors out to the balcony. Her color & hotness calmed. Goosebumps appeared under her long sleeves. She hugged herself & then two arms came from behind her with a kiss on her hair, “It’s just me.”

 

Of course, she knew. His hugs & kisses never differ, “That was a fast shower you took.”


“I know & I didn’t want to miss this moment.” He tickled her ear with his lips, “How does this feels? Does it make you warmer?” She nodded. A moment of silence covered them but voices were heard from stories down in the garden. He took in a big breath & very slowly let it out, “Three minutes before the new year starts. What’s on your mind now?”

 

Yuri shook her head & didn’t answer him for a minute. Then she averted her head a bit to look at him. Staring into his eyes, she questioned, “How important is this to you?”


“Our marriage? Well, it’s my life. What else could I describe it as? Having you, Hyunnie, the unborn baby & another half dozen of children that will be coming on later makes my life all. This is happiness, Yul, & I thought I had it all after the divorce years ago. I was wrong.” He closed his eyes & kissed her forehead, “I love you.”

 

Yuri closed her eyes. With a big let-out breath, she questioned, “Have you ever slept with Jessica?” She knew his reaction as he kept silence. Hesitating inside as if to open her eyes or not, she bit her lips together, “Or any other woman?” That one was useless to ask.


“Open your eyes, Yul.” She did so not after one second. He turned her fully around to face him. Cupping her face in his hands, he blinked lovingly, “You are my first, my only & my last & I know.” The tower’s clock a mile away was heard as the new year begin. Fireworks cracked up into the air, making loud noises. He leaned in closer, “Kissing you will prove it.”

 

A/N: i'm sorry for making you guys wait so long for my updates. its just that my parents hasn't sign up with Comcast yet so i still couldn't get any wifi at home :(

& thank you too, for being patient with me until now