Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 10

 

“No, Doyeon Oppa! Jaejoong Oppa & I had already signed the divorce papers! You can’t change anything now!” Yuri cried, as she held onto Doyeon’s arm, not letting him near the door.


“Damn the man, Yuri! I can’t let him do this to you!” He said angrily, “I will put him in the hospital if I have, too!”


“Please Oppa, don’t hurt Jae Oppa? He wasn’t the only one that wanted the divorce. I agreed, too.”

 

He rubbed his hands over his face & calmed down, “Why didn’t you tell me this yesterday before you signed the papers, instead of one day later?”


“I didn’t want to concern you Oppa. I’m sorry.” Her voice quivered, “I did handled it.”

 

Mrs. Kwon reached over & overlaid her daughter’s hands, “I told you to tell Doyeon dear, he could had helped you.”

 

“We made our decisions mom. Besides, it’s over now. I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you. I had made a big mistake.”

 

Mrs. Kwon brushed Yuri’s tears away, “No, dear. It’s your life, I wouldn’t want to stop you if you had love him that much.”

 

“I still do mom.” She sniffed with a pauses, “I’m sorry but I know that I did the right thing divorcing him. I couldn’t live with him after his cheating.”

 

Doyeon swore a rebirth of oath. After all the years he had seen Jaejoong loving Yuri, he couldn’t believe that Jaejoong would cheat on her. She was too sweet to be thrown away just like that. Doyeon didn’t hate the man personally but he despised him for cheating on his sister. He promised her that he wouldn’t let Jaejoong hurt her & he wouldn’t break that promise. He would do anything just to make her life happy.

 

Mina walked into the living room & took a glance at Yuri. She had kept shut ever since after last night when Yuri let out the news about her divorce with Jaejoong. The surprises came as a shock to her. She didn’t question about the baby but kept shut. Half of her heart had been broken just because Jaejoong had broken Yuri’s. He was just like another big brother to her but it seemed like the time has dropped. Doyeon grabbed his keys & started towards the front door. Yuri’s eyes widened. She made some quick steps & grabbed his arm.


“Where are you going?”


“I can’t bare it when you are crying Yuri. In all my years, I had never seen you like this. Jaejoong doesn’t deserve you but I will make him remarry you again.” Doyeon said, with his eyes burning with rage.

 

“No!” Her small voice cried, “Oppa, if you truly want to help me, please don’t do this?! I can take care of the baby & myself! I...”

 

Doyeon looked down at her. His face grew red. Mina turned her face away & held onto her mom’s hand. Mr. Kwon stood up with a force, knocking the chair behind him down.

 

The word baby just came out of unexpected. Yuri looked down, ashamed of what she had chosen now. She couldn’t possibly just solicitude her family like this but the truth has to come out sometimes. They would be mad at her but she could bare with it. It was better to be yelled at then being cheated on.

 

Silence covered them. Doyeon was too mad to say anything & Mr. Kwon was too ashamed of himself for letting Jaejoong married his daughter & then later on, just divorce her like a piece of rotten steak. The young man had asked for his permission first before he had even asked Yuri to marry him. The only regret he wished he could take back with saying, ‘If you love her like you had said, ask her son’ but the fake time couldn’t be change now; the real time has come forward to blossom the unwanted.

 

“What are you talking about?” Mr. Kwon asked, his back facing her.


“I...I’m pregnant with his child &...”


“What the hell are you talking about Yuri?!” Doyeon yelled, “You are divorce already; how could you be having his baby?!”


“I didn’t tell him.” She whispered, “Before I had the chance to, I saw him with Jessica.”


“By god Yuri.” He stormed, “What were you thinking? Did you even think before you decided? He’s the father of the baby.”


“I know that Oppa, but how do you expect me to live with him after all of what he had done? I know I made the right choice. The baby doesn’t deserve to be fathered by him.”


“But he is still the father of the baby, Yuri. How could you not just tell him? Did you even think about the baby not having a father to call?”


“I did Oppa.” Yuri whispered, looking up at her big brother, “& I don’t want Jaejoong to be the father of my child.”


“Damn it Yuri!”


“Doyeon!” Mrs. Kwon hissed. She gazed up at Yuri sternly, “Why didn’t you tell us earlier, dear? Now that you had left Jaejoong, the baby is going to make everything harder on you & us.”


“No, it won’t, mom.” Doyeon said. He took the keys out of his pocket, “I’m going to make him resign the papers again. The man will die in my hands if he refuses Yuri & the baby.” He made a step towards the door but a cry of hands grabbed onto his arm again.


“No, Oppa! You won’t dare! I left him & that’s the end! Even if he resign the papers, I won’t go back to him!” Yuri cried in tears of anger.


“You suffered enough Yuri, & I don’t want you too, again.”


“Then don’t go. It will only hurt me more if I live with him while he thinks about Jessica. You can’t Oppa. Please? If you really care about me then don’t tell him.” She really didn’t want Jaejoong to know about the baby, if he does, the matter will only turn more difficult.


“You tried to stop me before Yuri, but this time, your baby will not go without a father. I want him to have one, even if it means living with Jaejoong again. I will move Jessica out of the way if I have, too.” Doyeon said, as he tries to unfold Yuri’s tight grip on his arm.


“No, Oppa!” She cried, as more tears fell down her red cheeks, “I beg of you!”

 

His eyes closed as he felt his sister’s unfortunate love life. He really doesn’t want Yuri to live with Jaejoong again, but he wanted her baby to have a father. It doesn’t matter to him if Jaejoong was a cheater or not. The baby needs a father, like all the other ones out there. Doyeon was torturing his sister’s own life but he possibly couldn’t stand this any longer.

 

Doyeon opened his eyes, “I’m sorry Yuri, but I won’t let this happen. Jaejoong will know about the baby & I will make him marry you again.” His words made a promise.

 

Yuri’s grip tightened on Doyeon’s arm, not letting him go but he finally loosened her hands, “I’m sorry, Yuri.” He said, his last words before walking out of the front door & slamming it behind her cries.


“Oppa.” She ran to the door & opened it. His hyundai sonata spinned out of the driveway & into the darkest of the road that was headed to nothing. Yuri dropped onto the carpet restlessly. Tears came down her face as she looked into the dark of a few lights. Her life was totally over now. Jaejoong will know about the baby & she knows he will be enraged at her. She will again, live the life she had just lived in the day before yesterday. A hand touched her shoulder, “Yuri.” Mina’s voice said, behind her back, “Come back inside.”

 

Yuri just stared at the dark night outside. Mina sighed & sat down beside her. She put her arm about Yuri & let her head lean on her shoulder, “Oppa is right, Yuri. Your baby needs a father. Don’t be like this. You are making mom & dad worry.”

 

“I know.” She whispered, “But you don’t understand, Mina. He doesn’t love me anymore & without any love, we can never live together again, in the same house.”


“I love & care about you Yuri, & with Jaejoong Oppa hurting you, I can’t stand it.” Mina sighed & continued, “But maybe you two can work it out again. I loved him as my very own brother & I want you to me happy.”


“Living with him again, won’t make me happy, Mina. Someday, you will find out what real love is. Real love isn’t this.”

 

Mina averted her head to look at Yuri’s head leaning on her shoulder. She brushed her sister’s tears away & sniffed her own back, “I’m sorry, Yuri. I still couldn’t believe that Jaejoong Oppa would do that. He loved you so much.”


“That’s the past now. The future is coming.” Yuri closed her eyes for a long time & then opened them back up, “I want to run away from everything but I still have my pride. I just don’t know how I could stop all of these crying. It’s useless. I hate crying, Mina. One drop equals the whole amount of Jae Oppa.”

 

Mina rubbed Yuri’s arm, “Cry everything out. It works like a snap. That’s what mom tells us every time whenever we cry.”


“I hope I can do it just like that, Mina, but it’s not as easy as you think it will be.”

 

Mina shook her head, “Let’s go back inside. It’s late already. Doyeon Oppa will be back every soon.”

 

‘I hope.’ Yuri thought, ‘Don’t hurt Jae Oppa, Oppa. I beg of you. One is enough.’

 

“Yuri?”


“Hmmm?”


“Let’s go back inside.” Mina repeated, with concern.

 

She nodded her head. Mina helped her up & closed the door. Yuri stared at her dad standing quietly & looking out of the window. She bit her bottom lips, feeling guilty. Mr. Kwon had been mostly quiet throughout the scene. She could tell that he was mad with her because of his silence & his flashing eyes. She didn’t mean to hurt her family but she did it both, physically & emotionally.


“Dad.” Yuri whispered.

 

Mr. Kwon continued looking out of the window with the same emotion that Doyeon was feeling right now. The only thing that stopped him from getting physically angry was his daughter’s tears. He loves her dearly & would do anything that she asked & he did.


“What is it, sweetie?” He answered.


“I’m sorry that I had concerned you & mom so much. I will understand if you are mad at me.”


“I’m not mad at you, dear. It’s myself that I’m mad at. I shouldn’t had let you married him. That was the biggest mistake I had ever done.”


“I will go check on mom.” Mina whispered, & left the room.

 

Yuri walked up to her dad & grabbed his big hand into her small one, “Don’t blame this on yourself, dad. It’s my fault. You did what you thought was for my own good.” She wiped one sliding tear on her cheek, “Why do I always do the wrong thing?”


“Oh, honey!” Mr. Kwon cried out. Yuri sniffed & hugged him. She lay her head on her father’s chest & cried. He kissed her forehead & rubbed his cheek against her hair, “You never did anything wrong, sweetie. You did everything right. He didn’t deserve you as much as I thought he did. You are strong Yuri. Don’t let all of this get to you. Never say that again, okay?”

 

She nodded her head slowly, “I don’t want to marry him again, dad. I rather live in burden.”


“I won’t make you marry him if you don’t want to, sweetie. I will never do that. It’s your choice. I will talk to Doyeon about this.”


“It will be too late then. Jaejoong will know about the baby & I don’t know what he will do. He can steal my baby away from me & I don’t want that to happen.”


“He won’t, dear. He won’t.” Mr. Kwon said quietly. He pulled back & moved a strand of hair from her face, “Go to sleep. You look tired.”


“I want to wait up for Doyeon.”

 

Mr. Kwon shook his head, “Doyeon might not even come back here. He may be headed towards his own apartment. You need to sleep. Here, I will walk you up.”


“No, dad. I can make it up on my own. I still have my own power left.”

 

Mr. Kwon smiled briefly, “That’s my girl. I love you.”


“I love you too, dad. Night. Kiss mom goodnight for me, too.” Yuri said, as she reached up & pressed a light kiss on each of her father’s cheek.


“I will, dear. Night.”

 

Yuri smiled sadly & walked up the stairs to her old bedroom which hadn’t been used for a year. She slumped onto the bed with her knees in the air & her arms around them. She perched her chin on top of her arm & sigh. Already, she misses Jaejoong but she knew she wouldn’t be missing him long when Doyeon gives him the news. Her brother had made his promise & he was destine to do it but there was one part of it that he doesn’t understand. If she goes back, her life would be more miserable than before but she wouldn’t marry him again, no matter how much Doyeon tries to make her. She just couldn’t, even if her love for him is still strong.

 

Maybe there are some ways to convince him. Doyeon loves her & wouldn’t want to destroy her life again, but all he was thinking of now was the baby inside of her. He was more than surpassing into his thoughts.

 

She sighed & looked up at her mickey mouse clock. Had she been sitting on the bed for an hour just thinking? It seems impossible but yet, it was true & it was far past midnight. How could Doyeon take that long talking to Jaejoong?

 

Yuri caught a hold of her breath. God, was he beating up Jaejoong? She shook her head. He wouldn’t. Doyeon isn’t that kind of man, even though he knows Jaejoong does deserve to be beaten up. Yuri got up & looked out of the window. She cursed for half of being placed at the back of the house. Slipping into her white isotoner microterry satin clog slipper, Yuri walked out of her bedroom & down the stairs. All the lights were out except for her parents’ bedroom light. She sighed. They were probably talking about her future life. She doesn’t like this at all. Her parents were worried sick about her while she worry about Jaejoong. They all care for her but she didn’t want them, too. They don’t deserve this just like she doesn’t.”

 

She walked to the window that her father was standing near earlier. She placed her hands on the windowpane & looked out into the dark. There was no car lights out in the neighborhood. Yuri tapped her index finger on the windowpane. Tight, hurting curiosity was deep inside of her. She couldn’t rest until she sees Doyeon. He has all the answered to her questions & she wanted to know now. She turned her head & spotted the phone. Her hands reached out for it without a second to waste. She tapped in his cell phone number with nervousness & put the earpiece to her ear. The long & loud ringing ringed through her ear. There was no answered except Doyeon’s voice on the message line. She hit the end button & then hit the redial button to call him again. There were no answers again. She cried a sigh & dialed her ex-apartment. There were no answered. Finally, Yuri gave up on the calling & fell restlessly onto the couch.

 

She looked up at the ceiling, ‘Maybe I should go over there? Why didn’t I think of that earlier?’


But she shook her head again, ‘I don’t want to see him. It will just hurt me more. I will just let all of this out & not think of him ever again. He had began his life, I had began my life but just to pray, he won’t want my baby.’