Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 13

 

Mina inched away from the window & unlocked the door. She held the knob, not opening it. Questions ran through her head of why Jaejoong was doing here. She didn’t want to see him nor does her family wanted to see him again. Wasn’t the man ashamed of what he had done yet? Wasn’t he happy of what he had gotten? & what more does he want?

 

Opening the door, Mina stared blindly at Jaejoong, “What do you want?!” She asked, with a silent snap, holding the doorknob, “If you are here to put bandages on Yuri, you are not invited!”


“What happened to the Mina I use to know?” Jaejoong asked, with an eyebrow raised.


“& what happened to the Jaejoong Oppa I use to know?! The Jaejoong Oppa who loves my sister?! The Jaejoong Oppa who promised to love her! The Jaejoong Oppa who says he will never cheat on her but I guess, the bastard took over him!” Mina angrily said.

 

Jaejoong his lips & raked his hair, “I guess you are angry with me too, but it’s part of life, Mina.” “Angry is the word but despicable describes it more. If you are here to rework everything over with Yuri, you might as will go back."


“No, it’s not that. I just want to talk to your parents. Are they home?”


“They are...”


“Yes, we are home. What do you want, Jaejoong? Just to talk?” Mr. Kwon asked, & opened the door wider. His hard & handsome eyes landed on Jaejoong with killing but it looked touchless on him. Jaejoong stood his foot & with confident, he looked back at Yuri’s father.


“Good evening, Mr. Kwon.” Said Jaejoong, “If you don’t mind, could I come in?”

 

Mr. Kwon furrowed his eyebrows & gritted his teeth. The man really has the nerve to come to their home.

 

“We don’t accept deceiver, Jaejoong. Talking is too late. You may go back to where you came from.”


“Just a talk Mr. Kwon.” Jaejoong said, almost in a demanding voice, “Do you think I will let this solution off that easy?”

 

His face hardened, “It is already over, son, might as will let it off. What else do you want?”


“A talk.” Jaejoong said plainly. He put his hands into his pockets, “Then everything will be over.”

 

Mr. Kwon’s stare was hard but he opened the door wider & turn. Jaejoong looked into the house before he entered. Mina gave him a blind stare & closed the door. She walked upstairs, not really interested in the talk. Jaejoong let his gaze follow into the living room & walked over to the couch. He sat down across from Mr. Kwon & waited until he, himself, was ready. Jaejoong cleared his throat.


“The divorce happened sooner than Yuri & I thought it will be so we didn’t have time to tell you & Mrs. Kwon. I didn’t think that it would actually come to this. Things changes.”


“They do but when I gave you my daughter, I expected you to treat her with all respect. Not to cheat on her with your sister’s friend. What kind of husband were you?”

 

Jaejoong blinked, “I guess you know already. I came here to apologize, not to argue.”


“Your apology isn’t accepted here. What else is there to talk about?” Mr. Kwon asked, “You & my daughter are over & I’m tired of this nonsenses. Yuri has started her life over already & I guess you had too, but let me remind you, don’t come back here. Take your leave, Kim, & never let us see your face again.”

 

Without a second to waste, Jaejoong got up, “Tell Yuri that I wish her luck.”


“She doesn’t need your luck.” Mr. Kwon said, as he stood up. He walked over to door & opened it.

 

“Goodbye.”

 

Jaejoong walked over & nodded his head. He walked out of the house & heard the door click. Sighing, Jaejoong walked down the porch. He kicked a pebble on the cement sidewalk. As he was about to open the gate, a blue BMW with its light on pulled up & parked in front of him. The headlights turned off along with the noise of the engine. Jaejoong opened the gate wider & closed it behind him. The door of the car opened & closed. Jaejoong’s parted his lips as his pulse increased. He placed his hands in his pockets again, as he watched her put her keys into her military simply vera wang geneva leather crossbody bag. He heard a sigh coming out of & then the footsteps of her feet. She walked around the front of the car & then halted. Her eyes met his. They stood only five feet apart.

 

Yuri’s eyes squinted as if a victim. She sauntered forward & tried to past him but he was before the gate & not one inch of him wasn’t touching it. Yuri pulled the latch up but he pulled it down. She turned a glare to the side of his face & started to breathe hard.


“How have you been, Yuri?” Asked Jaejoong, as he still kept his hold on the latch.


“What do you want?!” She asked, was a hard snap, “& what are you doing here?!”


“I talked to your dad, that’s all.” Jaejoong averted his body & looked down at her face in the dark with only a little few lights here & there, “How have you been?” He asked again.


“I never want to see your face again. Stay away from my family. If you ever come close to them again, I swear I will ruin your life like you had mine.” She pushed his hand away roughly from the latch & pulled it up. She opened the gate. He caught a hold of her wrist. Yuri turned around violently & snatched her hands away, “Don’t you dare touch me, Jaejoong Oppa!” She shouted.


“Don’t yell Yuri. People are sleeping.” He said, trying to sooth her but what for?


“The hell with you, Oppa! Whatever you said to my dad, it better not be a lie!” Yuri hissed.


“It’s not.” He his lips, “You are going to the state next week?”


“Yes!” Yuri spat out, “Aren’t you glad?! I can’t tell you how happy I’m that you decide to get a divorce! Wait, I know! I’m more than excited!” She let out a little laugh, “I’m exhilarated!”

 

Jaejoong furrowed his brows, “Are you running away from me?”

 

She flashed him her immense eyes, “It’s none of your business. Your only business is to stay out of my business. I believe you got that into your ear?”


“Yuri…”


“Don’t. This is the last time I will say goodbye to you. That means I don’t want to see you again. Your face had already been erase from my mind. Your love had already been blown away from me & my love for you was never with me since that day of the divorce. Shall I go on?”

 

Jaejoong lit up a little smile at the corner of his lips, “Go on.” He said. He wanted her to feel guilty for saying those untrue words. He knows she’s trying to hurt him but she was doing it to herself. He knows she still loves him by the way she talked so angrily. She was trying to get the love system out but it failed with each second passing by.

 

Yuri hesitated but continued because she was the one who asked him, “I killed every single kiss you gave me. I…”


“You can’t kill it, Yuri. You can’t wash it. You can’t do anything to make it go away. I’m in your body.” He said, with a calmed voice.

 

She squinted her eyes, “You disgusts me.”


“I know.” He whispered, finally hurt. How she had said it made his heart crush. The word disgusts was new to him from her. Now, he regretted telling her to go on with her words.

 

She pushed him away from the gate & closed it with the latch, “We are already divorce. Don’t let me see you again. Goodbye.”

 

Jaejoong watched her walked away in quick strides. Yuri took her keys out of her bag & unlocked the door. She opened it & closed as in a way of forever. Jaejoong closed his eyes & let out a deep breath he didn’t know he was holding all the while talking to her. She had close the door behind him & they both are going their way. It wasn’t a goodbye. Their life was just starting.

 

He turned around & walked to his car on the other side of the road. Yuri watched him drive away in her room. She closed the blue curtains & sat down on the bed. Why did he have to come to her house? It was worst to see him again, when he became so handsome then the last time she saw his face but like she had told him, she had erased his face from her mind. She won’t know anyone who was named Kim Jaejoong. She will only know the man who cheated on her but she was willing not to remember it.


“Please put on your safety belts. The plane will be taking off any minute now. Thank you.” The announcer called.

 

Yuri reached out for her safety belts & bulked herself. She turned to look at Mina, “Are you ready?”

 

She nodded, “Are you?”


“I’m more than ready.” Yuri took in a deep breath, “It’s a long flight, Mina. Get comfortable.”

 

“Don’t worry about me, Yuri. Worry about you & the baby in your stomach. You had been looking tired since last week.”

 

“I’m fine & strong, Mina.” She leaned back & closed her eyes, “Get some good sleep. Before we get there, you will be as tired as a cat.”

 

Mina nodded, “I will.”

 

Yuri sighed & pulled the blanket up to her chin. Leaving her parents & Doyeon was harder than she thought it had be but she had promised that she had call in twice a month. Their grandchild will know about them, she had promised but he would never be able to see their face, except for pictures. She will take the greatest care of him, her only baby that she would be having for the rest of her life. Her life would be spent as a divorced woman. Her baby will never know about the deceiver. He would never have a father to call as other kids do but her baby doesn’t need one. They were better off without one.

 

She touched her stomach & smiled sadly. Her baby. Tears started to gather before her closed eyes but Yuri kept them closed. She wouldn’t cry about this nonsenses. Her baby was with her; she doesn’t need the deceiver. Her love will disappear for him as his love had disappeared for her. She wouldn’t grieve for him. The lost was lost forever. This was the time to run, to run into another life of her own with her baby & she will be happy.

 

Yuri packed her books & put it in her black samsonite leather slim briefcase. She looked at her desk if she had forgotten anything. Smiling at herself, Yuri opened the door & turned off the lights. She locked it & closed it. Walking down the school hall, she smiled at teachers & staff.

 

She loves her life. It was great to feel again. She hasn’t feel like this for a long time. Her life; she loves the sound of it. Yuri touched her growing stomach with a big smile on. Her unborn child will come within four months. The only thing that brought up her smile these past five months was her job & baby. They were part of her life.

 

She got into her blue chevrolet & drove off to the apartment. She climbed the short distance of the stairs & walked down the hall. Getting out her keys, Yuri opened the door.


“You are home early.” Mina said, before Yuri even entered their apartment.


“Yes, I am.” Yuri said, & closed the door behind her. She looked up at Mina dressed in a modern black strapless jumpsuit, “Going to school now?”


“Yes.” Mina said. Yuri threw her the keys & put her briefcase on the couch, “That stupid professor is going to make us stay late again, so don’t expect me home early! Bye.”

 

“Bye.” She said, as Mina closed the door. She took off her black patent metaphor carson pumps & went into her bedroom. Entering the bathroom, she took her regular shower that she does every day. After taking a shower, Yuri went into the kitchen & prepared herself a small dinner.

 

Anyone would think that she was having a difficult life but she wasn’t. To her now, everything was wonderful. Her new life was going the way that she had planned. There were no worries to worry about except those difficult times with some of the students at school.

 

Yuri set the coffee table with her food & sat down on the couch. She the television & began to eat her veggie tofu scramble with mushrooms, kale & red pepper. At her eighth spoonful was about to enter , the telephone rang. Yuri set her plate back down on the table & got up to answer the phone.

 

“Hello?”


“Hey Yuri. It’s me, Doyeon.”


“Hey Doyeon Oppa. Why are you calling again? You just called in last week.” Yuri said, surprises.


“Oh.” He said, “How are you & Mina doing?”


“We are doing great, Oppa. Mina just went out a while ago. How are you guys doing?”


“The same.” He hesitated.

 

“What’s wrong? You sound worried.” She asked, & sat back down on the couch with her legs crossed, “Nothing’s wrong.” Doyeon took in a deep breath & let it out. God, how was he going to put this into words? He didn’t want to worry Yuri once again, but he didn’t listen to her when she had tried to stop him from going to Jaejoong’s apartment. There, he did something he had never expected to do. Now, he has to pay it back.


“I’m getting marry.”