Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 51

 

She stood there, waiting for him to continue on of what he had to say. She really didn’t have time for his game now. Her family had gone out to the mall just to buy Taehyun his wanted ice cream & to let Mrs. Kwon have some nice lovely air away from the house. They had been gone for two hours & Yuri was sure they would be returning in no time. She didn’t want them to find out what was going on. She felt troubled already & with more of their bothering, she was sure she had never get this clear with them.


“Yuri, for the thousandth times, this isn’t a game I’m playing with you.” Jaejoong said, with a hesitant voice, “I’m doing this for our son’s sake.”

 

“& you call that remarrying?” She asked, unbelieving.


“Yes.” He uttered out, after a few moments, “He will learn of our past relationship sooner or later when he grows up.”

 

She turned to him sharply, “You mean that you don’t want him to find out of what you had done to me?” She squinted her eyes in disgusts.


“I didn’t say that. I want him to have the loveliest family he deserves & that means throwing away the past by remarrying. Right now, Yuri, in his eyes, he thinks he’s seeing two loving parents & I want him to continue looking in that.”


“We aren’t two loving parents!” She said harshly, with a swallow.

 

Jaejoong looked down at the carpet & sigh, “I know we aren’t.”


“Then why do you keep suggesting that we remarry? It’s quite impossible, Jaejoong Oppa. Couples only marry for love & I marry for love.”

 

“Meaning that you won’t marry for our son’s sake?” He asked, looking at her with hurt.

 

Yuri turned her head away, not daring to answer his question, “I don’t have any intentions of marrying you. For reasons of everything.”


“But you didn’t answer my question & that’s one of my reasons. Remarrying for Hyunnie’s sake.” He paused, waiting for an answer. When no answer came from her, he bit his bottom lips, “What’s wrong with you, Yuri? I thought you love our son more than anything else in the world. If you do, then tell me if you will marry for his sake, not ours but his?”

 

She, once again, turned to look at him with curiosity in her eyes, “Why would you be asking me to remarry you when your wedding is in three weeks?”

 

Surprises took his face. She knew he was getting marry? He had never told her before but his thought told him that her family must have told her, “I’m planning to get an answer from you first before I cancel the wedding.” Her hot pink lips parted. She stared at him with disgusts again. The man was nothing but lies, “You are sick.” She said lowly, “Asking another woman to remarry you when you are getting marry in three weeks. You are more than revolting words can describe.”

 

He stared at her in the eye, even though they were feet’s apart. No shame showed in his eyes. No regrets showed in his eyes. Only the woman standing before him mirrored in his eyes, “I know.” He whispered.

 

“What makes you think that I will ever remarry a loathsome man like you? I had been through with you & no more will I. You show no respects to women just like all the other men’s outside. You care nothing for what you had done to them. Yes, you may say that you are different from them but we women all know what men’s have inside. Lies, broken vows & that horrid, human heart. There’s no different.”

 

He shook his head; even at her most words that hurtled him, “There’s a difference when men change for their son, the son they love most of all other things.”


“You changed for my son. What does it matter to me?”


“Our son.” He corrected her.

 

She raised her chin as if she didn’t care about the correction, “It’s useless for you to be here. My answer is still no.”

 

Jaejoong shook his head lightly at her answer, “I won’t accept a no.”

 

Her eyes widened gradually, “You will have to since I had already given you my answer.”


“I’m not accepting it. I will only accept a yes, Yuri. Just for our son. Please rethink it over?”

 

Damn the man until his hair turns white! He didn’t know how much this had troubled her. Even though she had thought this was a game before, her head was aching over it. She had almost ignored everyone with the thought of the word she so hated. She wasn’t planning to get into more troubled thoughts.


“It’s going to be harsh for you then.” Yuri said, “You might as well continue the wedding with your fiance. I’m sure my answer won’t bother you.”

 

There was only one problem that she didn’t want him to get marry. It wasn’t Jessica. She didn’t care a bit about who he will be marrying. It was the problem of Taehyun getting a stepmother. She doesn’t want her son living with any stepmother. What she will do to her son, Yuri doesn’t know but just remembering the fairy tale of Cinderella living with her stepmother & her two, evil daughters, Yuri didn’t want to image how her son will be living in a life with a stepmother he hardly knows. Even as nice as Jessica is, Yuri can’t imagine of how her intention will change towards Taehyun after she has her own children.

 

Yuri shook her head lightly. She shouldn’t be thinking about such things. It will make matters worst with herself, especially with the answer that Jaejoong wanted.

 

“Yuri, the schedule is to be said the day after tomorrow & I want you to rethink it carefully. Please?” He added, with a voice she recognized from four years ago.

 

She nodded slightly after a few moments flew by. Jaejoong easily let out a breath & let his hand raked his hair. Silence covered them. Yuri rubbed her arms gently; wishing he had leave before her family comes home. Jaejoong walked to the window, looking out to see if anyone was coming. He sighed.


“You haven’t told me where Hyunnie is.” He said softly.

 

She turned to him, “My family took him to the mall. He’s safe with them, I assure you.” She said, seeing his worried face.


“I know. How long had they been gone?”

 

Yuri squinted her eyes at his curious voice, “Quite a while. At least two hours.”

 

He raised a brow. Turning to her again, he tilted his head a bit to the right, “Why didn’t you go?”

 

She crossed her arms over her chest, “Why are you asking?”


“Can’t a man like me be curious?”


“I have work to do.” She finally answered, with an unsure voice.

 

He took some steps forward & stopped when he was five feet away from her, “What important work took you away to not having fun with your family?” He was curious. Curious to know all of what she does with his words of asking her to remarry him. Like in all, he wants to know her again.


“I needed to complete my work of this coming year’s school.”


“You are a guidance counselor?” He asked, even though he knew that all of her life, she dreamed of becoming one.


“Yes, for Bishop Alemany high school.”


“Oh.” Jaejoong said, with a nod but in his heart, he wanted to tell her not to continue with it since he was going to make her answer become a yes.

 

An engine was heard through the opened window, parking in the driveway. Car doors were heard closing. A high squealed was heard. Jaejoong grinned, knowing that the high pitched voice belong to their son. He took a glance at Yuri, seeing if she will make any move towards the door but instead, he saw her face relax then she made her way towards the door. He followed her with his eyes but didn’t move. A wound appeared on his face. She really didn’t want him here after all. He knew she doesn’t but what he saw on her face had scattered his breath of life.


“Daddy.”

 

Jaejoong woke up from his thought. He grinned widely as Taehyun waved his red lollipop in the air. The little guy made an attempt to get down from his mommy’s arm. Yuri set him down on his wee feet. He ran to his daddy squealing. Jaejoong caught him & spinned him around in eight circles. As the spinning stopped, Taehyun placed his hands on Jaejoong’s chest with his lollipop. They both looked down at his black short-sleeve polo shirt & started laughed again.


“Hyunnie sorry.” He said, through cries of laughter.


“The shirt is alright. I will just give it to your mommy to wash it.” He said, looking behind Taehyun at Yuri. She gave him one strange look & turned to her assists her mother. His smile disappeared somehow, only a little. Mr & Mrs. Kwon gave him a greeting. He returned their greetings with the small smile he held onto.

 

“You came here to see Hyunnie?” The boy asked, & was about to his lollipop again. Jaejoong quickly snatched it out of his hands gently.


“Yes, I did. This red thing is nasty now.” He said, indicating it towards the lollipop, “I have a new for you.” With one arm supporting Taehyun, he reached down into his brown levi straight pants pocket & pulled out a purple lollipop. He squealed out; excited to have a long lasting one again.


“What do you say, Hyunnie?” Yuri asked, from behind, walking up to them.


“Thank you, daddy.” He said, but his whole attention was upon opening the wrapper.


“I’m sorry about your shirt.” Yuri said, & handed him a clean black long-sleeve graphic thermal shirt. She wasn’t at all surprises of how he took reaction when Taehyun laid his sticky hands on his daddy’s chest. She knew how good he was with kids but she gave into washing his shirt only because he was a man of cleanness. It wasn’t proper to leave the matter alone.

 

Jaejoong took it but his eyes were on her, “It’s nothing big. I’m going to get uses to it anyway.” He then glanced down at the shirt Yuri had given him, “What is this for?”

 

“It’s Doyeon’s old shirt & haven’t been worn for four years now. My dad’s shirt maybe too big for you. It’s not your sizes but that’s the best I can find. I’m sorry.” She reached her hands out.

 

He raised a brow, “You want it back?”

 

A silly smile tugged at her lips, “No, you said something about washing your shirt. I will wash it. It won’t take long to wash or dry.”

 

His heart somehow lightened at her care. She still has that tender heart he used to know. A smile appeared at his lips then as he looked down at her sweet, soft face, “Thank you.”

 

Yuri nodded, “Come here, Hyunnie. You need to be wash up, too.”

 

He raised his head as he heard his mommy called his name. A mischievous smile formed on his face. He his newly lollipop that he had just gotten rid of the wrapper. With hands still sticky, he wiped them on Jaejoong’s already ruined shirt. Yuri opened in awe. Jaejoong chuckled.


“Hyunnie.” She said in a disapproving voice, “That wasn’t very smart.”


“Doesn’t matter, Yuri.” Jaejoong said, with that smile on his face, “We are men, aren’t we, Hyunnie?”

 

Taehyun bobbed his head up & down. Yuri hesitated & glanced at Jaejoong seriously, “Can I have your shirt now?”

 

He apologetically smiled, “Sure, I’m sorry.”


“Hyunnie, come on, we need to get your bath started.” Yuri reached a hand out to get him but Jaejoong stopped her.


“Is it alright if I give him his bath? It’s going to be my first time.” He added, as if it was important.

 

She shook her head, “No thank you. If you don’t want to wait until your shirt is dry; it won’t be a problem for me to give it to you on the day of scheduling but now, I think it’s best if you leave.”


“No.” He said, a little bit too quickly, “I mean, I will stay here & wait but I’m just asking you if I can give Hyunnie the bath. I will learn.” He said, “We won’t get the bathroom floor wet nor do anything inappropriate. Please?”

 

“Yeah, mommy. Please?” Taehyun said, with his hands clapped together like an angel.

 

Her eyes hardened at the idea but she nodded, “Alright. I will be in there, too.”

 

Jaejoong grinned with victory. He winked at Taehyun as Yuri turned around. The little boy smiled, showing his purple teeth. Jaejoong followed Yuri behind with their son in his arms. Entering the upstairs bathroom, Taehyun squealed with delight. Jaejoong took small glances around the clean bathroom he hardly ever seen since four years ago. The tub was located in front of them which was connected to the tiled wall. With a little separation of a wall, it blocked the toilet from the tub. The sink lies near the entrance, opposite from the toilet & a table with a pot of flower lies opposite from the sink.


“Ducky!” Taehyun cried out in excitement of having his daddy help him take a bath.


“Your shirt.” Yuri said, once again, after Taehyun quieted down.


“Oh, of course.” Jaejoong said, dumbfounded. He put Taehyun down on the ground & laid Doyeon’s shirt on the sink counter. Yuri turned around. Jaejoong noticed & smiled somewhat thinly. He took off his shirt & put on Doyeon’s, “Here. Thank you.” He reached his hands out with the stained shirt. She turned back around & took the shirt from him without looking him straight in the eye.


“I will be back with Hyunnie’s clothes & then wash your shirt.”

 

He nodded. She turned away & walked out of the bathroom. Jaejoong let out a deep breath. He turned around & his eyes widened. Taehyun grinned up at him with the water already running. He was in the tub with his clothes still on. Jaejoong grinned & knew that they were in trouble with Yuri. Not even a blink & Taehyun was splashing water at him. Chuckling & blocking himself from the water, Jaejoong made his way towards the troublemaker.


“Whoa there, little guy.” He finally caught Taehyun in his arms. The boy laughed & at the same time, trying to get free, “You don’t want mommy to caught us like this, do you?” Taehyun shook his head quickly, “Then let’s get you out of those damp clothes or mommy’s going to be very mad.”


“Hyunnie don’t know how to take overall off.”


“That’s why daddy’s here to help you.” He set Taehyun down on the floor & examined where to start, “Ah ha!” He exclaimed, spotting the buttons that were trapping Taehyun in. He ed them & picked Taehyun up so the little guy can kick the denim vintage-wash overalls away, “Now, the shirt.” Taehyun raised his arms up into the air. Jaejoong pulled the grey warner brothers superhero tee off & smiled, “There, we are done.”

 

“No, daddy!” He demanded, & jumped up & down in his barney underwear, “Floor wet. Bad daddy.”

 

Jaejoong rose his brows. He looked straight down at the shiny floor which was full with water. He groaned, “Now, we have done it.”

 

Taehyun giggled, “Clean.” He walked over to the toilet & pulled the roll of bathroom tissues across the floor to Jaejoong.


“Lovely idea!” He exclaimed, “You keep pulling the tissues while I wipe the floor! Deal?!” Taehyun nodded, forgetting that the idea of dealing was bad. Jaejoong got onto the floor with his leg pants rolled up. Taehyun walked back to pull more tissues, “More.” Jaejoong muttered, while on the floor to Taehyun, “That’s it. Keep on going.”

 

Wiping the floor, Jaejoong came to a clean, manicured feet at the entrance. He gulped & looked up slowly. A troubled but silly smile appeared on his face. The mommy was here.


“What is going on here?” Yuri asked, unbelievably. Taehyun shot his head up quickly but kept on pulling the roll of tissues. Jaejoong backed up to Taehyun with the silly smile still on his face.


“Hello Yuri.” He uttered.

 

She gave him an accusation look. Her eyes widened even more as she kept seeing Taehyun pulling the tissues, “Hyunnie, stop that.” He dropped his hands. His lips trembled but after turning to look at Jaejoong with that mischievous smile, he smiled.


“What...What happened?” She fluttered her hands at the floor & tissues but more at Jaejoong.


“As you can see.” He started to explain but Yuri stopped him.


“No need to go on. I can see what happened.” She placed her hands on her hips with Taehyun’s clothes.

 

“I will clean this mess up later. Hurry up with the bath.” She threw Jaejoong a look of ‘Don’t do this again’. He smiled apologetically & got up from his sitting position. With a wink at Taehyun, he picked him up & into the tub he went. Unfortunately, the tub was already fill. They had forgot to turn off the water while cleaning. Taehyun, being the open eyed one, uttered “Oh o.”


“Shhh.” Jaejoong placed his index finger on his lips while placing his other hand under the running water.

 

“We don’t want more trouble.”

 

Unfortunately, again, Taehyun giggled. Yuri turned around from washing Jaejoong’s shirt & groaned, “Just turn off the water. Don’t try to hold it in.” She explained to him. He groaned for being so useless. She turned back around & continued washing his stained shirt. Somehow, she felt like the wife she used to be in that one year she spent with him. She shook her head. Again, a funny feeling went up her hands as she kept rubbing the stain off of his shirt gently, ‘It’s only a shirt.’ She thought weirdly, yes, her ex-husband’s shirt.

 

After getting rid of the tough stain, Yuri drained the bits of water off. Averting, she spotted Taehyun giggling as always with the bubbles as Jaejoong washed his head with the Johnson shampoo obligingly. She sighed & walked out of the bathroom.

 

Down in the basement, Yuri threw his shirt into the dryer & started the machine. She placed her hands on the edge & let out a tired breath. Through all the commotions today, she hasn’t even had a chance to ease her tired body on a comfortable sofa. Jaejoong had disturbed her while she was working on her paperwork, sitting on a hard, uncomfortable chair.


“Oh, god.” Yuri said, then followed a curse. He told her to rethink & here she was, in the basement thinking. She didn’t want to marry the man again. It will be worse than him coming here to visit Taehyun everyday. They actually have no real love at all. With no love, she can’t live with a man who could lie & cheat on her again. A deceiver always stays a deceiver to her vocabulary & he was lying to his fiance now. He hasn’t even given Jessica a notice of this. What kind of man would have such a heart as that? The man would be hurting more than two hearts if she doesn’t make the right choice. Her choice of yes would be hurting herself & Jessica. Her choice of no would be hurting Taehyun & he was right; she would do anything for her son.


“Yuri.”


“What?” She asked, with her back facing the man.


“Are you feeling well?”

 

She shut her eyes with a sigh & turned around, “I’m feeling great.” She replied, with less rabidity.

 

“Where’s Hyunnie?”


“He’s upstairs with Mina. I needed an assistant.” He chortled, trying to lighten up the mood of the basement. She nodded. He bit his bottom lips & placed his hands into his pockets. She studied the shirt he was wearing. It was a bit loose but well worn on him. His eyes traveled to the washer, “I forgot that your family owned a washer & dryer. It would had been easier for you if you would had just thrown the shirt into the washer.”

 

She shook her head gently, “The stain wouldn’t had come off so easily if I did so.”

 

He nodded, understanding her. The dryer stopped at its time slowly. Yuri turned around & took his shirt out. After folding it neatly, she handed it over to him.


“Thank you.” He said, with a smile. She nodded & walked pass him. He his lips & followed her up. Just reaching the door of the basement, Taehyun’s screams of laughter could be heard.


“You can go to the bathroom & change.” She said, while looking at him. He gave her a simple nod & walked down the hall. Yuri cleared & walked into the living room. As her son jumped from his gramp’s lap, she pulled on a smile. He grabbed onto her hands.


“Hello mommy.”


“Hey.”


“Where’s daddy?”


“He’s changing, darling. Don’t be in such a haste to see him again.”

 

Jaejoong grimaced from behind her. He lingered for a jiffy to pass before speaking, “I will be leaving now. Thanks for the time, Yuri.”

 

She averted. Taehyun rushed to him, “Daddy.” Jaejoong grinned & picked their son up in a swift move & kissed the boy’s chubby cheek.


“I have to go home now alright?”

 

Taehyun shook his head, “But daddy home here.

 

Jaejoong’s smile forsaken, just a little, “Not yet, little guy. Not yet.” Taehyun groaned, “I will see you very soon. Promise daddy you will be a good boy to mommy.”


“Hyunnie promise.” He said, with a pout.


“That’s my little guy.” He kissed Taehyun’s cheek again, “Bye.”


“Byebye.” His voice was cheerier. As Jaejoong put him back down on the ground, he quickly ran into Yuri’s arm. He handed the shirt over to her. She took it with a mere, insufficient smile.

 

“Thank you for that. I will see you some other time & please reconsider your answer? Just for our little boy?” “I might as will.” She said in more of a frankly way. What else could she dream of tonight? “Goodbye.”

 

“Bye.” He kissed Taehyun’s cheek, “Byebye.”


“Byebye. Hyunnie love you, daddy.”


“I love you, too.” Jaejoong said, with a candy-coated smile. He took one look at Yuri & then exited the house. He stared at the shiny, beautiful sunset but it wasn’t as beautiful as the day he had just had. This day was a day he will never forget. Of course, the time of him asking her to remarry him, he will keep it. It doesn’t matter to him if it was in a way nobody liked but it was a proposal from him to her.