Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 105

 

He stared at his reflection & smirked. A grimace then appeared on his face. Deciding that he looked like a jerk, he turned sideways & nodded his head as if greeting a girl. He winked.

 

“Ah, man, that’s the style.” Picking up the comb, it picked its way through red hair. He walked over, throwing the comb onto the bed & the radio. A loud, thunderous beat came on. He jumped onto the bed & did a three-sixty as his fingers got a hold of an electric guitar. Feet on the bed, he rocked to the music with his eyes closed.

 

Just as he jumped up, ready to make his biggest solo, the music died along with the guitar. His head sharply averted to glare at the person. His eyes narrowed as did so the one opposite of him. His eyes turned red but the eyes that met him only smiled. He blinked.


“Ah, dad.”


“I thought so. How many times do I have to tell you about the loud music, huh?” The man reached down & picked up a pair of dirty sock. He raised one of his eyebrows, “What is this?”


“A dirty sock.” His son replied carelessly, putting up his electric guitar. As his father cleared his throat, he looked back, “Fine, dad. I will do my laundry.”


“That’s good to hear & if I hear from your sister that your mom did it, you are grounded for a week.” “What?”

 

“Or would you prefer not going to the spring formal? I heard that Bora got a beautiful dress & I would be more than glad to stay home & see you clean your bedroom, too.”


“Whatever, dad.” He put on his socks & stood up to face his father. One inch taller, he smiled down at him, “You are getting short, dad.”


“That doesn’t make any difference!” He scolded, feeling short after all, “You are riding with your mom to school today.”


“What? Bora’s picking me up.”


“Too bad. We didn’t tell you to run a red light & get into an accident. You have to learn your lesson, son. It will be a week before that junk is fix.”


“It’s call a sport car, dad. The latest fashion.” Looking into the mirror again, he brushed a lock of hair away from his forehead & looked at his dad. Thirty-seven already but there was still a look of unchanged feature that he had once held as a young man, though wrinkles had began to develop its way into aging. He had his hair color change to brownish black & was combed differently from his youth. Though he was strict about things in particular, strength of being a cool dad was in his heart somewhere. Slowly, being his son, he smiled.

 

“Fine, dad. I will ride with mom.”


“That’s a good choice, Hyunnie.”


“It’s Tae.” He muffled, putting on his pique polo shirt.

 

“Yeah, whatever.” Before he walked out, he threw the dirty sock at his son & smiled as he yelped, “You better hurry. Your mom will not wait for you. You know how impatient she is.” With that, he closed the door & walked down the hall. A smile formed on his face as the music from his son’s room was heard loudly again, “I really need to do something about that junk.”

 

A scream was heard & then a small but strong body suddenly came into contract with his legs.


“Daddy. Aejung is chasing me. She’s going to kill me. Hide me.”


“Give her doll back to her, Kangmin.” He calmly said.

 

His thirteen year old son groaned, “How did you know, daddy?”


“Because you do that everyday.”


“But her doll is so ugly. Look at it.” He stretched his arm out & showed his dad the doll, “See, it’s ugly.” “There’s no such thing as ugly & if I hear that word from you again, you will be grounded for a week.” He smiled inwardly as his son’s mouth opened wide. Before he can protests, the scream came closer.

 

“Oh, no. She’s got me. Here, dad. You give her this ugly doll. Don’t tell her where I’m hiding.”


“Minnie.” Before he can finish his words, his son dashed off. He sighed & looked at the old doll. The eyes were already beginning to fall apart & the red hair was in a mess. Probably Kangmin was the one who did it all. No, it was Kangmin.


“Daddy. Where is Minnie Oppa? I’m going to kill him. He stole my doll again.” She wiped her tears, walking up to him. As she looked up, her eyes widened, “Dolly.” Her small arms tried to reach up & grab it but she was too short.


“Here, sweetheart.” He laughed, handing the doll back to her, “Don’t you think we need to buy you a new doll? She’s getting kind of old, you know.” Her immense eyes widened again. Then her lips began to tremble. He cursed himself inwardly, seeing that his words were totally not what his five year old daughter wanted to hear, “I’m just kidding, darling. See.” He tapped the non-existed nose of the doll, “She’s healthy as a pig.” Her lips trembled even more, “But pigs are not healthy, daddy, & they are mean.”

 

He did it again. Ruffling his daughter’s neatly done hair that her mother had done earlier, he bent down onto his knees & said, “I will help you find your brother if you don’t cry. How about that?”

 

Trembling lips suddenly smiled, “Okay. Dolly & I will give him a black eye.” She clapped her doll’s hands together, “Where is he, daddy? Where is he?”


“In his bedroom, in the closet, behind his halloween costume. If he wears it, be very sure to give him a black eye. If he scares you, kick him in the place where you know will hurt him the most alright?”

 

She bobbed her head, giggling “Okay, daddy.”

 

He ruffled her hair again, “Now, that’s my favorite girl. Go get him.” His daughter ran away as she screamed excitedly. He straightened himself up & smiled. What a good father he was being. He cleared his throat & walked down the stairs. The smell of bacon reached his nose. He sniffed like a dog & followed the scent to the kitchen.

 

There she was; the woman he had been married to for fifteen lovely years. He leaned against the threshold & studied her curves. No, he knew where every curve of her body was. None of her had changed since they were young. She was still the same.


“Did Minnie steal Jungie’s doll again?” She asked, turning around with that morning smile.

 

He frowned with a sly smile on, “How did you know I was here?”


“Because you are always there every morning staring at me as if I was your prey.” As she set the plates of bacons down, she peered up at him, “Hungry?”


“Very.” He walked over & kissed her cheek, “Looking beautiful everyday, Yul.”


“I appreciate your compliment, Mr. Kim, but if you don’t hurry, we are all going to be late.” She fixed his red solid satin silk tie & again, peered up at him lovingly, “But one minute won’t waste it. I don’t want to get too old yet.”


“Ah, but we are never old.” Jaejoong smiled & kissed her on the lips. Eyes closed & laughing, Yuri circled her arms around his neck, bringing him closer & closer. Though aging, it was never everyday that they can spend time together alone.

 

“Please, dad, mom, can we not eat without any kissing everyday? It’s making me sick.”


“Shut up, Hyunnie.” Jaejoong murmured, kissing his wife once more time before parting. He turned around & glared at his son, “We do this everyday if you don’t stop putting on that cologne. It’s stinking up this place.”


“It’s Taehyun, dad, & Bora bought me the cologne for a christmas present.” He sniffed himself, “I like it. Don’t you?”

 

Jaejoong rolled his eyes & turned around. Going to the sink & meeting his wife there, he whispered, “We really need to stop shortening Aejung & Kangmin’s name or they will be like Hyunnie when they grow up & really, sweetheart, please hide his stinky cologne when you clean his room up. It really stinks. Can’t he just ask for mine?”


“He thinks we are old fashion, Jae. Don’t worry about it. I’m sure he will overgrow himself.” Yuri picked up the two plates, one full of scramble eggs & sausage & walked over to the table. Jaejoong followed, taking a sip of his sprite.


“Mommy, mommy, mommy. Minnie Oppa’s chasing me. Daddy, daddy, daddy. I kicked him. Hyunnie Oppa, Hyunnie Oppa, Hyunnie Oppa.”


“It’s Taehyun, Aejung. Call me that or I won’t help you escape Kangmn.”


“Taehyun Oppa.”


“Big brother to the rescue.” Before getting up, Taehyun took a sip of his water & picked his sister up. She laughed & clung to his neck, sticking her tongue out at Kangmin.


“That’s not fair, Hyunnie. She kicked me on my knee.”


“It’s Taehyun.” Taehyun mumbled, trying to control his temper.


“Daddy.”


“Mommy.”


“No one better call me Hyunnie again.”


“Silence, please!” Jaejoong shouted, holding his hands up. He looked serious outside but inwardly, he laughed until his stomach started hurting. His eyes scanned his kids & seeing that they were silenced with their mouth opened wide, he smiled, “Thank you. Now, Kangmin, sit down at your place & eat your breakfast. Jungie, get down from your big brother & be a good girl & eat your breakfast. Hyunnie...”

 

“It’s Taehyun.”

 

Taking in a deep breath, Jaejoong pointed his finger at Taehyun to silence him, “Taehyun, please put your sister down & get on with your last night homework that you were supposed to have been finish with already. I swear you will not be playing your game this season if your grade falls.”


“I’m making an A in that class, dad. Are you seriously calling that failing? It’s just this time that I forgot.” Jaejoong took in another deep breath again, “Fine, whatever. Now guys, eat. You are giving your mother & I a headache.” He watched as his children settled down at the table before turning around to meet his wife with a sly smile, “You do have a headache, don’t you?” He asked in a whisper.

 

Yuri laughed & seated herself, “Let’s eat, Jae, or you are going to be late for work.” She glanced at her studio time silver tone mother-of-pearl openwork milgrain expansion watch, “Never mind. There’s still an hour left.”


“Mommy, I don’t want to go to school today.”

 

Yuri turned her attention to her daughter & frowned, “Why not, sweetheart? You love school.”

 

“But I hate Mrs. Chae. She makes me do my spelling.”

 

“I’m sure you don’t hate her. Besides, sweetheart, you have to do your spelling. It makes your brain go faster.”


“No, mom, she’s failing in spelling. I saw her test today & she got an F in it.”


“Nah uh. Mommy. Kangmin Oppa’s lying. He’s just jealous because he couldn’t get my dolly yesterday.” “Yes, Jungie, I know. Kangmin’s lying. Now, finish your breakfast.” Glancing at her second son, Yuri raised her index finger to her pale pink lips, telling him be quiet. He pouted & stabbed his fork into the sausage. Jaejoong studied his children, especially the son he worried most about. Taehyun had grown up so fast in a blink of an eye. He had grown handsome & to look at his son again, reminds himself of his youth. It was just a reflection. Being the most popular guy in school because of his features & wealth, Taehyun was always outgoing. The only thing he still has when he was a wee was only the dislike of broccoli. Nineteen & his last year in high school, Jaejoong wasn’t so sure if he was willing to give up his son yet to the world outside. He still has to teach him about women but oh boy, not in front of the woman he loves.


“Mommy, Aejung’s sticking her tongue out at me.”

 

Kangmin, the miracle had happened after all. He was their luck. It was a surprised to them when they found out that Yuri was pregnant after years of trying. He had jumped with joy from the day of the news from the day that Yuri went into labor & to hold a wee baby in his arm for the first time ever had made him faint with the biggest joy ever & so it was, he looked like him, his father but then, he loved broccoli, just like his mother. Kangmin had always been the troublemaker of the family. No matter what, he would always steal the important things that his little sister loved to make her run after him.


“Mommy, Kangmin Oppa’s kicking my feet.”

 

& his little daughter. What a joy she had brought into the family. She was exactly the clone of her mother. Immense eyes with a small, cute nose & a pouting lips every men would be drooling over but oh no, he won’t let that happen. The best well only suit her. Now, back to the present. Not only was she a clone of her mother but she also had the same temper. What a laugh. He might be wrong after all. She will actually scare all the men away. He will just kick back & enjoy it all & she hates broccoli.

 

“Ready, guys?! Time to get ready!” Yuri called out, as she walked to the sink, “& Minnie, take that costume off. It’s not halloween yet. Jungie, who messed up your hair?” She squinted her eyes at Jaejoong, knowing fully well that he was the one, “& Hyunnie, please pull up your pants. I can see your boxer.”


“It’s Taehyun, mom.”


“It will soon be Taehyunnie if you don’t do as I say so.” Kangmin & Aejung laughed but stopped as soon as their big brother gave them a look, “Don’t give them that look, Hyunnie.” She shook her head, walked over & took off his hat, “Hats are only for outsides.”


“Ah, mom, this isn’t a school.”


“It will be soon.” He groaned & lightly snatched his hat back, “Hey, where’s my morning kiss?” She tsked him, “My son is growing up.”

 

Taehyun rolled his eyes but smiled. He leaned down & lightly placed a kiss on her cheek, “There, mom. Happy?”

 

Yuri nodded, “Very. Now, go get the car started & that junk of yours will not be back until next week.” “Dad told me already & it’s not a junk. It’s a sport car.”


“Yeah, whatever. Now, go.” Dropping the conversation, Yuri turned around & placed her hands on her hips, “Are you two rascals ready?” As if obedient already, they nodded their heads with cute smiles on.

 

“Ready, mommy.” Both said, with their lunchboxes at their sides & as Yuri walked pass them over to Jaejoong who was washing the dishes, they stuck their tongues out at each other, “& keep those tongues in. Did I not tell you two that black birds love children’s tongues?”


“Ew.”

 

“Yes, I know.” She shrugged her shoulders as Jaejoong laughed at her, “Now, go to your daddy’s car but don’t try to start the car, Kangmin. I know you but Aejung, if your brother does, go get your big brother. Your daddy & I will be out there soon.”


“Yes, mommy.”


“Oh, wait. Where are my morning kisses?” She bent down & laughed as two kisses landed on her cheeks, “That’s more like it. Now, go kiss your big brother. He had been crying for one since this morning.” “Really?” Yuri nodded her head, hiding her laugh. As their little feet carried them away, she stood up & turned around to meet her husband, “Done yet?”


“Yeah.” Jaejoong turned around, winked down at her & pulled her close, “Finally, those nosy kids are gone & where is my morning kiss, darling?”

 

She smiled & kissed him, “There. Happy?”

 

He shook his head, “Not quite. Let me show you how we use to do it when we were both young.” He leaned down & his lips lay upon hers. Both circling each other with their arms, the kiss rapidly paced. Then his kisses slid downward to her neck, “I miss you so much.”


“Just kiss me.” She caught a hold of his black wrinkle free traditional fit pinpoint dress shirt & brought her lips down onto him just as car horns reached their ears.

 

“Ah, . We really need to get rid of them, Yul.”


“I agree.”


Picking up their suitcases, both walked out of the house, hand in hand. Silence covered every room, except the ticking of the clock. Staying in the kitchen won’t be too much fun since all those kids had eaten almost all of the food in the refrigerator. Where do you want to go next? Let me guess. You want more of their story? Too bad but let me give you a short adventure you will surely fall into. As you walk out of the kitchen, up the stairs, make a right turn & enter the bedroom at the farthest, you will see the rose petals on the wallpaper filled out with words from the man that loves his woman most dearly to death. He had not only gotten custody of their son with her but also custody of her love.