Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 90

 

He slipped his arms around her waist, whispered soothing words & then kissed her. She shot her gaze up at him with a disapproving look but there was laughing looks along. Raising her cup half-full of punch, not champagne this time, she drunk a gulp & laid it down before he dragged her off to dance. Instead of resting her head on his chest, she gazed up at him with a smile of wonder.

 

Jaejoong frowned, “Don’t tell me you are drunk.”

 

Yuri shook her head with a laugh, “I was drinking fruit punch, silly.”


“You better.” He frowned again. Confused, Yuri frowned along, “You look lovely in that dress, even though you are so round now.”


“I’m only three months pregnant, Jaejoong Oppa. I hadn’t even gain an inch.” Her frown deepened, “Why are you frowning so much today? Your eyebrows had been meeting together in the middle as if they were mice looking for food. It’s been going on since this morning. Is something wrong?”

 

Shaking his head, he pulled her closer & made the side of her head lean on his chest, “It’s nothing big but I had just been wondering why you hadn’t caught any cold yet. I gave you my germs yesterday night.” He looked down curiously at her but yet, a look of innocent hung in them, “You should be sneezing now.”

 

She laughed again, & pulled back to stare up at him, “I had the flu shot early in Korea before coming over here.”


“You did?” His voice sounded as if it wasn’t fair at all, “But why did you not let me kiss?” His eyes turned lazy. She tilted her head & widened her smile, “Why you little brat.” He laughed & stole a kiss, “Tricking me. That was very nice. You knew you wouldn’t catched a flu but you wouldn’t let me kiss you the other nights.” She stuck her tongue out, “But I still didn’t want to share any boy’s yucky germs.”


“Ah, no, you are going to get more boy’s germs.” He leaned down but she quickly buried her face into his chest, “Don’t you dare.” She murmured thickly, “People will notice.”


“That’s even better.” Jaejoong laughed & started to rock her sideways. As people passed them, dancing in waltzes, he gave them a smile. He started to hum smoothly along with the classical music. Everything was going on perfectly. Spending time with her was what he wanted. Nothing else could have been better. Loving her is his job & his want but his moment with her went down the drain as Jessica walked out of the elevator with a handsome man. He growled inside. What was she doing here? Or was it just a coincidence? It was a coincidence alright as she walked into the grand room as called the gallery set for the Europe continental study of law special banquet. Before he can turn his gaze away, she instantly saw him. Fortunately with lucky charm, she turned away without a wave.

 

He exhaled before saying, “Want to retired for the night?”

 

Pulling back to look up at him, Yuri saw no innocent eyes. His look had suddenly changed into a slight trouble of madness. With brows meeting, she said, “No, I’m perfectly not tired.” He suddenly gave her an impatient look, “Is the flu starting up again?” He shook his head, “Then…”


“I’m fine, honey. I just think that you should rest since your time is about to come.”


“What? Oppa, I…”


“I change my mind. How about a walk outside again? The weather is cold but you can have my coat again.” He was acting foolishly & he knows but he couldn’t help it. What if his wife saw her? Her night would just be ruined like his was right now. As her frown deepened even more, he looked away & glanced back at Jessica. The woman was looking back at him without a bit of attention to the man talking beside her.

 

Even though they were far enough, Jaejoong can see that this wasn’t a coincidence after all. For those years he had spent with Jessica, they had always attended the event together & the man sitting beside her must be a lawyer & her partner for that night or even this week. She wouldn’t be dating the man beside her for she still loves him, except to get into the event. What man would have ever thought that she would do such things? She was shy, secure with her feelings & dated the man she feels for. For she didn’t pay any attention to the lawyer besides her, the only thing she must had came here for was to ruin his night with Yuri.

 

Unless, she wasn’t what he thought her to be after all? Or had he just not know her enough? Did she have another side of her? No, she doesn’t. A blush had just covered her face. Her shyness was still in. There was no wickedness.

 

Jaejoong glanced back down at Yuri but she was looking elsewhere. His heartbeat paced increased as his gaze followed her & to where he was looking earlier. The frown seemed to disappear from her forehead but then there came a look of disappointment & confusion.


“That’s the reason, huh?” Yuri asked in a normal voice, turning back to look at him. She didn’t have to wait for his answer as his face had already told her the answer, “Why are you trying to run away from her?”

 

A look of surprises hit his face & this time, he frowned, “I’m not.”

 

She smiled thinly, “Look, Oppa, I don’t mind if she’s here. I don’t even care. She’s here for her own business.” ‘You don’t know what kind of business that is.’ He thought absently. Taking her hand, he led her off from the dance floor. Yuri hesitated from behind. His grip on her was hard. Just from looking at his back, she knows he didn’t realize just how solid he was acting. He probably didn’t notice half of where he was walking as he strolled out of the french doors, out to the lighted garden. Goosebumps suddenly jumped onto her arms. She slipped the hand he wasn’t holding around her waist, trying to warm herself up.

 

Abruptly, he stopped with a quick turn, letting her hand go free. She bumped into his chest. His face wasn’t so severe as she finally had the chance to stare at him.


“You really don’t care?” He asked impatiently, but yet, there was warmth of curious wound.

 

She narrowed her eyes in confound again, “What is this about, Oppa? You are.” She waved her arms about, “Disconcerting me.”

 

He fumbled with his hands as if to raise them up to rake his hair, “I...I don’t get you, Yul.”

 

She shook her head, “I don’t get you either.”

 

Jaejoong stopped his angry hesitation & just stared at her now. Yuri tried to stay calm while he did the same. She has no earthly idea what he was talking about but at least she quite knew it was about Jessica but what about Jessica? Why was he so aroused?


“Let’s go back inside.” He said instead, ready to take her hand again, but she pulled back. He couldn’t help but frown, “You are getting cold, come on.”

 

Yuri slightly shook her head, “Oppa, you came out here for something I don’t quite understand, except that there’s a woman in there that you are running from. Why are you now trying to stop the conversation? I want to know what is going on inside that brain of yours. You half-dragged me out but you can’t drag me back inside without telling me why we were doing out here in the first place.”

 

His eyes winced, “It’s nothing.” He said, from the opposite triumph. A remorse sigh came out of his mouth as her eyes told him she wasn’t leaving until he spoke the truth. Taking off his black michael kors madison cashmere-blend overcoat, Jaejoong wrapped it around her shoulders, “Let’s not argue. It won’t be good for the baby.”

 

“Tell me.”

 

At her stubbornness, Jaejoong knew he couldn’t back out. With arms holding her close by the side, he walked to a nearby bench & sat down beside her, “Are you warm enough?” She nodded but still waited for his need-to-be-spoken words, “Look, honey, this isn’t a big problem.” He said in a low voice, “You know I love you & will always. Jessica doesn’t matter anymore. Seeing her in there just destroyed my merry time with you.” “Because she was with a man?”


“I don’t care about that.” He snuggled her closer with his hands soothing the side of her arm under the coat.

 

“I didn’t want you to see her or else your night would be ruin, too.”


“She hadn’t ruin my night, Oppa.” Yuri looked up into his eyes with the lights shining down on them. He smiled then. Leaning down, he kissed her lightly, “Why were you so angry when I said I didn’t care if Jessica was here?” He cupped her face into the palm of his hands.


“Do you really want to know?”


“I asked, didn’t I?”

 

Jaejoong smiled, “Yes, you did. I wanted you to care so it will show your love to me. When you said you didn’t care, it broke my tiny heart but now, it grew back to a big, refine heart.” She shook her head at his silliness. He soothed his thumb on her cheek, “Say you love me & I will be the happiest man on earth.”

 

She smiled faintly, “It wouldn’t make any difference.”


“You are acting as if you love me.” He managed to say, just as his heart fell into a drain, “Please just say it?” “Even if I don’t love you?” He nodded. Her brownish pink lips parted open & just as she was about to shake her head, two pair of footsteps were heard. They turned their heads & met up with Jessica & her partner. Jessica smiled apologetic, her hands holding onto the man’s hand.

 

“Hello Jaejoong Oppa.” She said, & then quickly added, “Yuri. This is a nice surprises.” Yuri gave her a half-smile with a nod. She then turned her attention to the man beside Jessica. He’s quite handsome with his dark brown hair neatly combed back. His dark brown, small almond-shaped eyes gave out a bit of his sophistication. His black stafford travel suit showed his glow of today’s night. The man was probably gleeful to go out on a date with a model, “This is Kim Soohyun, my partner for tonight.” Jessica explained, as she saw Yuri staring at the man, “He’s also a lawyer.”


“Hi.” He reached his hand out to Jaejoong. Standing up with Yuri, Jaejoong shook his hand, “You must be Kim Jaejoong, the lawyer everyone have been talking about.”

 

Jaejoong nodded his head, “I am & this is my wife Yuri.” With a smile, Soohyun nodded his head politely, “If you don’t mind, we will be heading back inside now. With my wife’s condition, it’s not quite good for her.” “Oh, I understand. Catching a cold can be quite serious.”

 

Jaejoong laughed & pulled Yuri close, “That too, but my wife’s three months pregnant. Can’t be too risky. Besides, she already had her flu shot.”


“Congratulations. You must be excited. First child?”


“Second actually. Our son is already three years old. He’s turning four soon this coming year.”

 

Yuri glanced up at him. His face & voice told all the thrilled & merry he was having, just talking about his family. This is the kind of husband she wanted & she already had him but she just can’t understand why the words he wanted to hear would never come out of . She had already gained his trust again. She had known him again, but those words still wouldn’t come out of .


“Is it a girl or a boy?”

 

“We don’t know yet.” Yuri answered, “It isn’t quite the right time for the doctor to tell what the of the baby is. The results may be shown in about the fifth or six month.”

 

Jessica blushed under the spotlight. Surely, the woman has nothing to be ashamed of. Feeling fingers lightly scratching her side, Yuri looked back up at Jaejoong again, “Want to go back inside now?”


“I want a walk first, if you don’t mind being cold & getting a running nose again.”

 

“I’m fine. I brought tissues.” Jaejoong took his gaze away from her & to Soohyun, “See you around.”

 

“You, too.” With an air of silence & with Yuri beside him, he walked down the cemented garden path but before they were out of ear sight, Soohyun’s voice came to a startling point, “How did you know Kim Jaejoong?”


Without even glancing down at her, he knew that she had heard.