Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 53

 

Yuri turned around corner with skepticism. Her eyes looked up & spotted him sitting on the place of where she used to sit. She made her move, walking towards him. At the noise of her heels, Jaejoong glanced up from his position. He cleared his throat & stood up with slowness. She reached him & stood three feet away. Studying him, she could see the eye bags under his eyes but it seemed like he had came prepared with his regular suit to make it seem otherwise.

 

Jaejoong averted & made his way towards the office. Yuri looked down, wondering what had made him so quiet. She had thought that the first thing they would do was pick another argument but of course, she glanced up again, her words of yesterday was final to him. No wonder he was so quiet & not as if even caring to give her a glance of warm greeting. Yuri shook her, following him from behind. A warm greeting, did she think? She had never been polite as to accept his warm greeting from the past. Why ask for one now?

 

“Well, good morning, Mr. Kim & Ms. Kwon. Come on in & take a seat.” Ms. Choi said, with a gush of cheerful greeting. Jaejoong gave her his greeting. Yuri smiled politely. He closed the door lightly after she stepped into the office. Walking over, she sat down before the desk. Jaejoong walked over & took the seat by her.


“As I see, Mr. Kim called in yesterday afternoon to give me a take in of the month’s schedule.” Yuri tried not to frown. The man hadn’t told her that at all, “Ms. Kwon would have the child for this month, starting with today.” The woman turned to Jaejoong, “& you won’t argue with that?”


“I have no point to.” He answered dryly. At the corner of his eyes, he could see her averting to look at him quite strangely.

 

Ms. Choi nodded, satisfied with his answer, “During this process, there should no trespassing into the rightful hand of the adult who would be retaining the child. Unless if that adult approves of any such things as to be seeing the son at his or her time, such things may be approve. If any whereabouts in the finding of threatening, abusing or any desecration of the child, the adult may be prohibit from the child. Any act deceive among these laws, the laws of the court will be directly inheres to the adult. If no questions, may the signing of the covenant be proceed?”

 

She glanced up from her long speech & saw two unmoving adults, “Okay, here’s the covenant. Along with the scheduling & the laws, they are all in there. If still any questions, please ask.” She handed the contract & a pen over to Jaejoong. He took it & scanned the whole packet quickly. With a swirl of the pen, he signed it. Glancing up at Yuri, he handed her the packet. She took it slowly while taking small & quick glances at him. Like him, she took rapid skimming through the packet then placed it on the desk. She signed the contract with no hesitation.

 

“That’s all.” The woman said, with her smile, “Thank you for being here today & completing this.” She stood up along with Jaejoong. They shook hands. Ms. Choi turned to Yuri & indicated her hands towards her for a handshake. Yuri stood up & gladly shook her hands. That went by fast. Averting, she walked out of the door, not waiting for Jaejoong. She needed to get home quickly. Her flight awaits her at the airport. Half of her stuff was only packed; there was another half, Taehyun.

 

She knows he will never be able to leave this place he had so love by the little moments but they were heading home, the place where he so missed. Leaving, she knows that he will demand his daddy to come along.

 

“Yuri!” His voice called out, from behind her. She turned around. He came to a stop before her. His face didn’t look any better than before, “You are leaving tonight. Can I at least ask your permission to see our son?”

 

“You will see him later on next month.” She said, with a shake of her head.

 

“That’s too long. Just let me spend a little time with him. I won’t take him out anywhere. Please, just let me see him?” His voice softened.

 

Yuri pressed her reddish pink lips together, “I think my son is better off without you there to bother us. I have to pack with no wasted time.”

 

“Would my presence bother you that much? I won’t let you see my face again, after this, Yuri. Just a little time with our son, please?”

 

She looked up at him with her brows narrowed. Oh yes, his presence bothered her. Yuri took a step back & averted. There’s no chance that she will let him see her son now. Never, if it wasn’t his time. She continued walking down the hall & then made a right. She blinked with relief. He had stopped his pleadings.

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes lightly as she disappeared down the hall. His hands began to sweat. Did he deserve this? Was he feeling the feelings he had never felt before? The pain & regret of wounds that he had caused her? Yes, he was getting them. It might not be revenge but it felt worse than revenge. He felt like a stranger, a stranger that was stalking her.

 

He opened this eyes back up & walked down the hall slowly. The weather outside was scorching, just like the feelings inside of him. He walked to his car & stared at the presents he had inside. They were for Taehyun but one; one was for her. He sighed. How in the world could he give the gift to Taehyun when she wouldn’t even allowed him to see their son? Oh no, he wasn’t about to give up convincing her just yet.

 

He entered his car & started the engine. The drive to her parents’ house wasn’t as simple as he had thought. He parked in the driveway & noticed Doyeon’s car parked in front of his. He looked towards the house, wondering if Ahjoong happened to be there with Doyeon. Probably, since his sister was leaving, he will never spare the chance of Ahjoong saying goodbye to Yuri.

 

Getting out of the car, Jaejoong went to lean against the side of his car while watching the people inside. He slipped on his shades & crossed his arms. Yes, Ahjoong was sitting beside Doyeon. He couldn’t make out the faces but just looking at the five feet separation between them, it was easy enough to know that they were there. A pair of small hand reached out for something. It was surely Taehyun. Within seconds, a figure picked him up into its arms. Yuri. Just by her motions of gentleness with her thin & toned arms, she placed Taehyun on her hips. Who else could have such a body like that?

 

Jaejoong raked his hair. What was he thinking about? That was his ex-wife, the one he asked to remarry & for the lord sake, he was engage. He slapped his face, just a little of a tap. Ahjoong stood up & excused herself. Jaejoong frowned. After a moment, the front door opened. She came out of the shadow & smiled with a little wave. Jaejoong pulled on a smile. His sister saw him but with what luck?


“Why are you standing out here? Trying to catch a tan?” She asked, while opening the gate.

 

Jaejoong relaxed from his car & took a step forward, “You saw me.”


“Apparently.” She said, with a voice full of sarcasm, “Why didn’t you go inside?”

 

“I guess you haven’t heard of the news yet.” He didn’t smile as Ahjoong frowned, “The schedule of parenting Hyunnie was already made just minutes ago. I’m to maintain Hyunnie each other month & with Yuri having Hyunnie now, I can’t come within him in some feet of her standard. That’s your answer.”

 

She didn’t seem surprised as she gave a little nod, “Harsh but Oppa, I will tell you now that she’s leaving for the states tonight with Hyunnie.”


“I know.”


“Not even a visit can you have?” Ahjoong asked, leaning against his car.

 

Jaejoong sighed & leaned against his car, “None, June.” He averted to look at her, “Is she done packing?” Ahjoong tilted her head at her brother’s curiosity, “Yes. Why are you so worry about her?”


“I’m not.” He replied, unsteadily.


“Sounds otherwise, Oppa.” She said, with a humph. Then a smile came on, “Jessica.” She said slowly, making Jaejoong’s brows deepened, “Did you tell her?”


“About what, June?” He asked slowly.


“You know, about Hyunnie being your son?”


“Of course.” He said, with an uncertain relief, “You haven’t seen her in a long time though. What’s up with that, June? I thought you had forgiven her already.”

 

She her orange lips, “It was just a sorry, I didn’t mean it. Nor did she deserve my forgiveness.” She turned to Jaejoong, “Don’t tell me the wedding is still on?”

 

Jaejoong rose a brow, “It is.” Ahjoong gave him a stare of unwanted, “Come on, June. You are my only sister. Jessica’s your friend. Why can’t you just get along with her?”


“She uses to be my friend until she betrayed my ex-sister-in-law with my brother!” She said harshly, emphasizing the word brother.

 

Jaejoong grimaced, “I’m sorry, June. I guess you were just lying about forgiving me.” She shook her head, not wanting to answer him. She knows he’s putting on that invisible puppy voice. Jaejoong smiled & changed the subject, “So, how are you & Doyeon getting along together?”

 

“You know we are always the same. What’s the use of asking?”


“I’m trying to help you out like you had helped me, June.”

 

She gave him a questioning look without narrowing her thick brows, “I had never helped you out on love, Oppa. What are you trying to get out of me?”


“Nothing but June, you had helped me out on love more than you thought you had. I just want to help out your relationship with Doyeon. I know you miss the baby as much as he does but things can always work out. You can always have another child, June. Love develops from hate, you know?”

 

She took a swallow & looked down at the paved road. An urge of regret & hate climbed up her spine. Jaejoong frowned at her action.

 

“What’s wrong, June?”


“Nothing.” She quickly replied, & relaxed off the car, “Nothing. I...I’m getting too much tan. I better go back in.”

 

Jaejoong nodded, understanding her. His dear sister had suffered a lost he had brought up uneasily. He sighed again. Looking through the window from a distance again, Jaejoong could see Ahjoong sitting back down. He searched around for Yuri & Taehyun. They were nowhere to be found.

 

Love develops from hate, love develops from hate, love develops from hate, you know?

 

‘Does it really?’ Jaejoong asked himself. He told his sister so but he doesn’t know if it was true. He took out his cell phone from his pocket & stared at it as if it belonged to mel gibson. For now, without any hesitation, he punched in the numbers. On the third ring, somebody picked it up.


“Hello?”


“Hi Mr. Kwon. It’s Jaejoong.”

 

There was a pause, “I figure you want to talk to Yuri?”


“Yes, sir. It’s urgent.” He added.


“I will see if she will take your call.”

 

There was a tang of the phone being put down. Seconds passed by into eight minutes. God, he really needed to talk to her. Another minute passed by & then a click of the phone being hung was answered. He sighed with an unneeded curse. Before he could dial the number again, the front door opened. He peered up from his phone & saw her walking down the cement. Shutting his cell phone, he placed it into his pocket again, & moved forward. She opened the gate, walked the short distance & stood rigid before him.

 

Curiosity climbed onto him. So, Yuri knew he was out here all along? But she showed no sign that she knew he was out here. Perhaps she wasn’t surprises after all.


“What’s your urgent call, Jaejoong Oppa?” Yuri asked, with boredom.


He suddenly had troubled looking at her. Why? With his hands in his pockets, he peered up at her. She was looking straight at him. Their eyes locked, “I’m sorry about yesterday. I was rude & arrogant. I wasn’t thinking like always.” He took a slow swallow, just looking at her beautiful face, “I admit that I had forced you to do the things you didn’t like. Now thinking about it, I really feel stupid but Yuri, all of those things I did was because I want Hyunnie to be happy. I want him to grow up in a loving family. I know there isn’t any love between us but love does develop from hate, you know?”