Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 84

 

“Whoa, mommy. Hyunnie big face.” He giggled, moving the gold ornament crystal ball back & forth from his face. Then tiptoeing, he hanged the ornament onto the christmas tree branch. He stood back & clapped his hands together for being the first one to put an ornament onto the tree.

 

On the eighth day before christmas in their cabin house, nothing was quite untellable that the family didn’t so much as shared love. Jaejoong was by the hearth, setting up a fire. He will surely love the first christmas with his own family & he didn’t know how much fun it could had been until he figured it all from his son. Turning around, he saw Yuri laughing & hanging up a small picture frame of Taehyun.

 

He crossed his arms & studied her. The most iness thing he had ever seen with such wild brown hair flying around her face. Her body moved steadily along with the christmas song that he had played. He smiled while clenching his teeth. If he didn’t control himself, he knew that any moment now, he will be all over her. She’s the only woman that can have him moving so.

 

Taking a swallow, Jaejoong tapped his index finger on his other arm. If he weren’t so damn stupid, he had swear she loves him! She can be wild & tells him how much she hates him at times but that just tells him otherwise & then there were parts where she suddenly falls into his arms as if her legs had weakened when he seduces her & if says that she doesn’t love him, he will be damned! Her eyes & body reaction tells him all. She loves him.

 

Taehyun waved his hands, trying to get his attention. Jaejoong nodded, intending that he will be there in a second. He took another look at his wife’s body & chuckled to himself. She will have his head if she knows he had been checking her out. With his back getting warmed up from the fire, Jaejoong moved towards them. Before making his way to help Taehyun hang up another ornament, he slowed down & smacked her on the behind hard & gentle by all means. She gave a yelp & blushed at him as he looked over his shoulder & grinned, “Husbands.” Jaejoong heard her mumbling lowly. He burst out with a laugh & winked. Her gaze hardened at him & she moved around the tree so she couldn’t see his presence. He groaned at the lost but lightened up, knowing that he will get what he wants later on.


“Come on, daddy.” Taehyun cheered out, wanting to get his attention. Jaejoong picked his son up & held him to his height. Taehyun hanged the little, wooden blue bird at the tip of a branch & wiggled to indicate that he was done. Just as Jaejoong put him back down on his little two feet, a crash & a mumble of a curse was heard from the other side of the tree.


“Keep hanging ornaments up, little guy. I need to go see what your mommy is doing.” Jaejoong ruffled his hair & walked around the tree. He arched a brow, seeing his wife picking up the broken pieces of a crystal ball. He kneeled down by her & started to pick up the pieces, “What happened?”

 

Yuri blushed. He noticed, “Nothing. It was just an accident.” Or was it an accident since she was peeking at him through some holes in the tree?

 

“Are you hurt anywhere?” He took her hands & examined them. After taking the broken pieces from her palm, he raised her hands & was readied to kiss them tenderly but she quickly pulled back. He raised a brow. Her blush deepened.


“I’m not cut.” She stood up quickly, “I will get some hot chocolate ready. Why don’t you get the star?” She walked away before he could stop her. The corner of his lips tilted up. Shaking his head, he stood up & walked back to Taehyun.

 

It was eight minutes later when she came back in with her normal color. He studied her quizzically with his sharp eyes. There was something wrong with her tonight. She seems shy. His eyes widened at his thought. When has she ever looked shy? Never, he repeated, never have he ever seen her so shy & hiding away. She has always been merry or quick-tempered. Never, never ever shy & as she handed him his cup, he purposely touched her hands. Her normal color changed back to deep red. He frowned slightly but then he started to grin. Somehow, he quite liked the way she was acting tonight. It gave him a butterfly feeling & excitement rolling in. Oh, boy.

 

She pulled her hands back but then he positioned his left hand to her back & pulled her closer. Her eyes widened. He merely chuckled. Leaning down to her ear, he sighed as if he was disappointed which he wasn’t a bit & whispered, “You are different tonight.”


“Different?” Yuri asked, frowning & forgetting that she was in his arms.


“Yes.”


“How so?”


“Well.” He playfully & slowly hesitated, only wanting her to be in his arms for a longer time, “Let me think for a while. Hmmm.” He played with his bottom lips, wanting it to ear, “You are just different in behavior but you know what? You are awfully y tonight.” He felt her begin to pull back & hurried with his words, “You are y but very shy tonight. Shy.” He repeated, with a more seductive voice, “How come now, darling?”


“I...I don’t know what you are talking about.” She blushed deeper.

 

He laughed softly, “Liar.”

 

Yuri suddenly pulled out of his arms. He started to grab her back but the hot chocolate spilled on his hands. He gave a yelp & quickly it away. She laughed quietly which got his attention so irritably. She was trying his patients & knew that he didn’t have much left & just as he made his way towards her, she moved to grab Taehyun into her arms. He growled.


“Hyunnie, why don’t you go hang up some more ornaments? You can be the one to put up the star.”

 

The boy’s eyes widened with glee but Yuri quickly pulled him back into her grip as he tried to jump away, “Your daddy’s jealous. You know you are always the one to put up the star.” To her relief, Taehyun nodded with confidence. Jaejoong frowned.


“I’m jealous? How so?”


“You know, you are.” She paused, not knowing how he was jealous, “Because...Be…”

 

Taehyun jumped out of her arms after taking a big gulp of his hot chocolate. She tried to jump forward & pull him back but her husband blocked her way. She slumped back into the leather loveseat. He shook his head at her lost, “Now…”

 

The doorbell rang. He groaned. She laughed, “Why don’t you go get the door? It’s probably…”

 

“I know, I know.” He mumbled, walking away. How could he forget that their families were coming tonight? His face grew redder as the doorbell increased its ring. Mina. Unlocking the door, it opened before he can open it himself. Just as he should have known, it was her, “You are going to pay for that doorbell if it breaks.” Mina only smiled, “I don’t think Yuri will make me. Besides, you are rich enough.” She walked pass him before he can strangle her little neck. Before he can take a step, she was back again, “I forgot about my boyfriend.” Mina suddenly pulled him from nowhere, “This is Ok Taecyeon. Taecyeon Oppa, meet my brother-in-law Kim Jaejoong. He’s a lawyer but he as a brother-in-law.”

 

Jaejoong gave her a dead look. She only shrugged. He averted his gaze back to study the man in front of him. Taecyeon was probably at the age of twenty-three. For he still looked like a college student.

 

Before Jaejoong can study him, the man stretched out his hand for a handshake. Jaejoong took the hand & pulled back, “Never would had thought that Mina was so serious with a guy.”


“Hey…” Mina started, but was interrupted by Jaejoong.

 

“She was always playing around with them but come in. I’m sure you are going to stay in for a long time. I mean long, long time. Before she can kill me, let me introduce you to my lovely wife which is her matured sister.” Jaejoong said, empathizing the word mature.


“I will do that myself.” Mina cut in, & took Taecyeon by the arm.

 

They walked pass him before he called out, “She’s in the parlor!” He greeted his in-laws & parents & just as he shut the door, the doorbell rang again. Opening the door back up, he apologized only to see one dark face & an angry face, “Hey Doyeon, June.” If he wasn’t wrong, they had had another fight, “Come in.”


“I will love to, only if you keep this pompous jerk out!” His sister spat out, & walked pass him with a breeze. He raised his brow at Doyeon.


“She started it?”


“If you won’t kill me for saying it, yes.”

 

Jaejoong smiled, “Come on in. I’m sure Yuri is starting the pot of hot water for hot chocolate. Or would you prefer coffee?”


“Anything at all to warm me up.” He walked in but stopped, not only to take off his black volcom bombargo bomber jacket but also, to wait for Jaejoong. Locking the door, Jaejoong turned around. Doyeon still had that dark look on, “Any change from her?”

 

Jaejoong didn’t have to ask whom he was talking about, “We are going along fine. Great actually.”

 

“I’m guessing she forgave you already?”

 

“Your guess is wrong. She hadn’t forgiven me yet. I’m doing anything to get that word out from .” “Then how…?”


“I told her I love her.” Jaejoong cut him off. Doyeon frowned but then his thick lips twitched up, “It made some difference but don’t laugh yet, Doyeon, she said it right in front of my face that she doesn’t love me. All’s a lie.” Jaejoong smiled, “I know she’s lying. Just by how she looks at me, I know she still loves me but she’s too stubborn to admit it.”

 

Doyeon laughed surprisingly, “It runs in the family, some. Well, I don’t want to ask anymore questions. I need to go check on Ahjoong. She’s being a brat these past few days. Or since she was born.” He murmured, walking away.

 

Jaejoong followed from behind but stopped at the parlor door when he heard voices from the kitchen further down. He frowned but recognized his wife & her mother’s voice. Curiosity climbed up his spine. Eavesdrop, that word came easily to his mind. He didn’t want to but how can he help it when conversations include his wife?

 

He took a look into the parlor first & saw Taehyun fighting with Mina over who should put up the star. The little guy had no chance against a nasty monster like his aunt but Mina suddenly weakened as Taecyeon chided her lightly. Jaejoong laughed. Mina had finally found her match. Seeing that everyone was busy with whatever they were at, he sneaked down the hall. Why should he anyhow? He is the owner of this cabin, of course, including his wife.

 

As he reached the threshold to the kitchen, Jaejoong peeked in but then leaned against the wall as Yuri turned around. Their voices were low. Guessing that someone might be eavesdropping, he thought & realized he was doing just that.

 

“& I can tell he loves you. Anyone can.” Mrs. Kwon said.


“Mom, he does but I don’t love him! It’s too complicated!” Yuri’s voice raised.

 

“Complicated? I don’t see anything going wrong. You two have Hyunnie & a baby coming soon. Anyone could have wished for a life like yours, darling.”


“I don’t think anyone will want to live in a marriage without loving each other completely. I don’t but I can’t back out of it. Remember mom, I remarried Jaejoong for Hyunnie. He’s a wonderful father & that’s great.”

 

“& husband?”

 

It was a moment before Jaejoong heard her response, “A great one.” She said, with hesitation but he smiled, “But he would had asked for a better wife.” The smile disappeared from his face & a grimace appeared. She’s everything a husband would wish for. What else did she think she was missing as a wife?


“You shouldn’t say that, honey. You are the best he wishes for. You have every quality to be a wife.”

 

“Why would he wish for a stubborn & irritated wife when he can get a wife like Jessica? I’m not basing my self-esteem, mom. It just seems that I’m not fit for him. He sometimes...what am I saying? He’s always so careful & patient with me. Even when we get into quarrels with his voice rising, I hear nothing but whispers from him & when he yells at me which is rarely at all, it seems like he just want me to stop doing whatever I’m doing wrong.”


“Maybe whatever you are doing wrong isn’t loving him. He needs that from you. Every husband does. Look at me. You love him, don’t you?”

 

There was a small grunt & sigh mixed together reply from Yuri, “No, I don’t, mom. I don’t love him & I don’t want to love him. It’s enough getting hurt for the first time. He’s my first love & first in everything. The first cut is always the deepest but now everything is over.”


“It’s just the beginning.”


“No, it’s not.” A pause, “I will take the coffee, mom. There’s only two cup of hot chocolate for Jaejoong & Hyunnie.”

 

Jaejoong quickly walked away & entered the parlor. Seeing that Taehyun needed some help with the star & was only waiting for his daddy, he walked over to the tree. He picked Taehyun up. When the little guy had succeeded placing the star on the top, he started to clap out loud. Jaejoong managed a strong laugh & put him back on his feet. Just as he straightened back up, he felt his prey or rather predator, staring at him from the back. Somehow, an ill-mannered smirk appeared on his face. He averted suddenly to catch her just so. She blushed first & briskly turned away from his gaze. His wife shy? Incredible.

 

He walked over to her just as she handed her father a mug of coffee. Seeing that only one mug was left, Jaejoong innocently reached out for it, knowing that it was hers. She turned around. He grinned & took a sip which burned his tongue.


“Ouch.”


“That was mine.” It was obviously clear that she didn’t care about his tongue. Of course, she cared less since he had stolen her mug. He deserved the burn.


“It was?” Jaejoong pointed out, “You said it yourself.” She squinted her eyes disgustingly at him. He arched a brow. Then handed the mug back to her, “Fine, you can have it back.”


“I will make my own.”


“What’s wrong with drinking a mug with your husband? I see that we share something together about every night.”

 

Mr. Kwon, who had been listening to them the hold time, chuckled. Yuri straightly turned red & averted. Jaejoong followed her into the kitchen after apologizing to her father. Much more, he knew he had have to apologize to her. As he entered the kitchen, Yuri had already added water to the coffee machine. She turned around, expecting him to follow her.


“What are you doing?” Jaejoong asked, as if he was Taehyun.

 

The shy wife tonight must have turned back to his furious wife since her eyes showed only hatred towards him now, “Are you blind?!” She hissed, her palm down on the counter table, not knowing what to do, otherwise wave it fanatically at him.


“I can see your y body.”

 

She turned red, not of a blush but of anger, “Leave me alone.”

 

He shook his head while walking up to her, “I’m sorry I stole your mug of coffee.”

 

“It doesn’t matter now, I’m making myself another one.” Truthfully, she didn’t care about the coffee at all, “Can you make me another one, too?”

 

Yuri glared at him then at the mug full of coffee, “Yours is still full.” Jaejoong raised the cup, blew the hot coffee a few times then took some gulps until there were no drops left.


“Now?” She didn’t answer him. He sighed & put his arms around her shoulder, “I’m still sorry about the coffee. If it will make you feel better, we can have some fun tonight.”


“Everyone’s sleeping over except for Mina’s boyfriend.”


“What?” Then he groaned, “I was planning something different.”


“Seems like your plan is ruin.”

 

He grinned with a shake of his head, “My plan will be out as soon as everyone leaves.” He smoothed a hand over her belly, “You are growing a bit. Let me see, five millimeters.”

 

She laughed, “You are so silly.”


“Hmmm.” He teased the back of her neck with his nose, “Do you love me?” She became stiff in his arms. He leaned back a little, “Don’t lie to me, Yul. You did last time & got away with it. This time, I want the truth. Why, your reaction to my touch is the same as mine. You look at me with more than hatred. You look at me with love. Why are you denying this? I want to know.”


“I’m not denying anything.” She said, as if out of breath.

 

“You are lying again. Is it trusts that you want? Trust me. I’m in love with my wife. How can I cheat on her again, when I saw that I did the wrong thing years ago? We are meant to be. That’s why you came back here & remarried me. I had never believed in fate but now I know that fate dragged me to you & I love it. Don’t deny that you don’t love me.”


“If you say anymore of that, I will hate you more than I’m now.”


“See. Do you hear your own voice? It’s fill with love instead of hate. You are not good at hiding anymore, my princess.”

 

Yuri shivered, “The coffee is ready. I…”


“You are running now.” Jaejoong brushed his lips on her cheek, “I heard you & your mother talking.”

 

“You eavesdropped?!” She exclaimed, & was able to pull out of his grip.


“I heard. I wasn’t...Well, you can call it eavesdropping but I really tried not to. I’m sorry. I…”

 

She pointed her index finger at him, “Don’t you dare apologize. I heard enough apologies from you already. You did it, don’t apologize & think that you will be forgiven.”

 

Jaejoong took a step forward but she took a step back, “Why did you think you weren’t a good wife to me? You are the wife I will only have.”


“I will make you a worst wife if you don’t get out of this kitchen, Jaejoong Oppa.”


“I’m still waiting for my coffee but, Yul, if I’m a good husband to you, I want you to know that you are a better wife. I want you to know how much you mean as a wife to me. I…”


“Get out, Oppa.” She, again, pointed her index finger at him with fierce.

 

He sighed with his shoulders slumped, “I’m sorry.” Jaejoong took another look at her before walking out & into the parlor. He sat down on the loveseat & stared at Mina & Taehyun cooking their marshmallow near the fireplace. He ran a hand through his hair just as the throbbing started at his temple. A soft curse came out of his mouth like always at this stage.

 

It was eighteen minutes later when Yuri came back with two mugs in her hands. Sitting down beside her mother, she handed her the cup & whispered something into her ear. Jaejoong cursed without the pain from his head this time & leaned his head back. A few seconds passed by before someone pulled at his sleeve. He opened his eyes & saw a mug half up his face.

 

Taking the mug from his father, Jaejoong murmured a thank you & glanced over at Yuri. That coffee mug was for him after all. A hard throb came at his head. With a groan, Jaejoong quickly blew the coffee until it cooled down a bit for him to drink it all in two gulps. Maybe the hotness will burn the ache away. He raised the mug & splurged the coffee back out immediately. Not only was the damn thing hot uncontrollably but it was salty! No, not sugary but salty. He placed the mug on the table beside him & stood up abruptly. For the hotness was burning through his black levi jeans & onto his skin. He glanced down at the new rug. The hot coffee was already sinking in.


“Jaejoong, what was that all about?” His mother asked, getting up from her seat.


“The coffee.” Jaejoong caught Yuri smiling. That little devil. He smiled. Then burst out laughing, surprising everyone, except his sneaking wife, “Nothing, mom.” He managed, “It was just still hot.”


“Be careful next time. Are you burned anywhere?”


‘Near my crotch, yes.’ He thought, “No, but I need to go change.” Jaejoong groaned, pinching the dampness of his pant away from touching his skin. He walked carefully like a stick, making everyone in the room laugh. His eyes threw lovely darts at his wife & just as he passed her, Jaejoong smacked her derriere again, hard.