Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 19

 

He looked up from his book as Mr. Kwon finished feeding Mrs. Kwon. He got up & walked over to the bed. Looking down at her, Jaejoong whistled, “Looking good there, Mrs. Kwon.”

 

She smiled palely up at him, “Thank you. You must be tired. Don’t you have any work to do at your office?” Jaejoong scratched the back of his neck, “No cases today. I’m rather worried about you. Besides, it’s good for me to stay away from work & get some fresh air.”

 

Mrs. Kwon raised her brows, “In this sick room?”

 

Chuckling, Jaejoong nodded. He checked his casio stainless steel watch & put on a sly smile, “I forgot. I have lunch with Jessica in eight minutes.”

 

Mrs. Kwon managed to smile at the happiness of Jaejoong’s life, “Go ahead, Jaejoong. Geonwoo is here to look after me.”

 

“Are you sure? I can just call Jessica & delay lunch. It won’t be any problem.” He said, raising one hand up in the air.

 

“I’m sure. Go.” She said, & started to cough.


Jaejoong nodded, “But I will visit you tomorrow & stay longer. I promise. Bye.” He said, before walking out of the door. Then running, Jaejoong ran to the elevator & got into his blue audi r8. Bloody hell! He had promised Jessica that he wouldn’t be late again, like last time. Not that he blamed Mrs. Kwon but he wasn’t good with being on time. Now, he will have another long talk with her about not being late again. Parking his car, he ran into the cafe & sat before Jessica before the long hand reached the twelve. So, he wasn’t late after all, “Hey Sica.”


“You are on time.” Jessica said, looking at her michael kors skylar gold-tone stainless steel bracelet watch, “Barely.” She added.

 

He smiled & wiped a sweat on his forehead, “I know.” He skimmed her face, “Looking good today.”

 

“Thank you. How is Mrs. Kwon doing? I was going to visit her this morning but got delayed by my time.” “She’s getting along fine. The surgery is in three weeks. It’s a short time but Mrs. Kwon wants it to be done early.” He gave their order to the waitress & turned his attention back to the conversation, “I know she will survive through it.”

 

Jessica nodded. Their lunch arrived. After a fifty minute of eating, they went to the park to enjoy the sun from shining above. Jaejoong sat at the bench while Jessica went to play with the kids. He smiled at every move she made, especially the way that she smile while on the swings. Even for a model, she wasn’t a snobby woman. She kept her act & personality around the media. To say it all, she was just herself.

 

Throwing his arms over the bench, Jaejoong got comfortable. He knew she was coming all the while. Part of leaving the hospital early today was because knowing that she might come. He didn’t want to see her now. To say it, Jaejoong wasn’t ready. He is having a happy life right now. Not that Yuri will interrupt his wedding but he wished that she wasn’t coming back. Mrs. Kwon was the only reason that she was coming back, he knows.

 

He sighed & closed his eyes. Even though she does come back, he will just continue his life. Just as he doesn’t want to see her, she didn’t wanted to see him less.

 

She walked in front of Doyeon slowly. Turning the doorknob, Yuri opened the door with a gradual pace. Her face paled, seeing the sick room full of white. Her dad was holding her mom’s hand, afraid to let her go. She could hear mumbling words coming out of his mouth. Doyeon put a hand on her shoulder.


“Dad.” She whispered. Mr. Kwon averted his head to see her. There was a half-smile on his face while there was none at the same time. He slowly let go of Mrs. Kwon’s hand & walked towards his daughter. With eight steps to reach her, he placed a hand on the side of her head & started to cry.


“Yuri.”

 

She nodded & pulled him in for a hug. As she tried not to cry, her tears fell down on both cheeks. Her arms tightened around his neck, “I missed you, dad. I missed you so much.” Mr. Kwon nodded as he couldn’t speak. He pulled away & stared at his long time daughter, “Don’t cry. I’m here now.” She said, wiping her dad’s tears away, “How is mom?” He shook his head & walked back to the bed.


Yuri stood rooted to the floor. After a minute of self-control, she walked over to her mom. Yuri touched her hand & kissed her cheek, “Mom?” She whispered, “I’m here. Wake up to look at your daughter.” Mrs. Kwon opened her eyes gradually & stared up into her daughter’s immense eyes. Her lips began to shake. Yuri’s hand tightened her grip on hers, “I missed you, mom.” Mrs. Kwon nodded & brought up her hand to touch Yuri’s cheek. Tears gathered in her eyes.


“Hug me, dear.” Mrs. Kwon managed to said.

 

Yuri burst into tears & hugged her without a second to pass. Her tears damped the sick pillow. They hugged like a thousand years had passed. The miles that departed them, they had made it up with only a long time hug. Mother & daughter had over-met.

 

Yuri pulled back & began to wipe her mom’s tears away. She tried to smile her best & not cry one single drop, “Why didn’t you tell me you were sick, mom, before months after?”


“It wasn’t important then, dear, to tell you.” She said, looking up at her daughter’s concerned face.


“Oh, mom. Everything about my family is important. If only you had called me earlier, I would had been able to help you.”


“I’m sorry then.” She understood her daughter’s anger.

 

Yuri shook her head, “Don’t apologize.” She stiffed & brushed a strand of hair away from her mom’s face, “What did the doctor say?”


“The surgery is in three weeks.” Mr. Kwon said, saving his wife’s breath, “Can you stay until then? Doyeon just got done telling me that you are going back.”


“Of course, I can stay. Is it that bad that the surgery has to be so fast?”

 

Mr. Kwon & Doyeon nodded. Yuri sighed & turned her attention back to her mom, “Are you breathing fine?” “Of course.” Mrs. Kwon said. Feeling sicker of talking about her sickness, she changed the subject, “How are you & Mina?”


“We are doing great. Mina finished college already.”

 

Mrs. Kwon smiled, knowing already, “Where’s your little boy? He came, didn’t he?” She asked, with a hopeful voice.


“He did, mom, but he’s at dad & your house. Don’t worry, Mina’s looking over him. He’s such a naughty boy. You can never leave him alone for more than a second but he always knows what he’s doing.”


“I can’t wait to meet my grandson.” Mrs. Kwon said, “Bring him here tomorrow.”

 

Yuri nodded, “I will. I’m sure that he will make you feel better. Just on the plane, Hyunnie thought that he made you sick.” She laughed, “He is such a smart boy. You will love him, mom.”


“I’m sure I will.”

 

On with the conversation, they talked about Taehyun. Hours passed & night came with the time of eight o’clock. The day was like old times, except they were in the sick hospital. Nobody brought up the subject of depression but only the subject of love.


“It’s getting late. You just got home, Yuri, & I don’t think you have gotten your rest yet?” Mrs. Kwon asked. Yuri shrugged, “Go home & get some rest. You, too.” She said to her husband.


“Are you sure you are going to be fine here without us?” Asked Yuri.


“I’m staying here with mom tonight.” Doyeon said, “Take dad home, Yuri.”

 

Yuri nodded & got up. She kissed her mom on the cheek, “Goodnight, mom. I will see you tomorrow morning along with Mina & Hyunnie.”


“Goodnight.”

 

Yuri, after making sure all was fine, walked out of the door with her dad.


“Where’s mommy at?” Taehyun asked again, for the millionth time while looking out of the window.

 

“At the hospital visiting your granny.” Mina replied, “It’s past your bedtime, Hyunnie. If you don’t get to bed before your mommy comes, she’s going to yell at me.”


“Fine with Hyunnie.” He replied, not caring. Mina rolled her eyes & turned off the television.

 

“Come on.” She said in a tired voice, “Bedtime.” She picked Taehyun up from the chair but he struggled, “Mommy’s home!” He cried out, as a car pulled into the driveway. Mina put him down as he really attempted to get down. He ran to the door as it opened. Yuri caught him in one swift move.


“Whoa. Where are you going in such a pace?”


“Mommy. You are home.”

 

“Yes, I am.” She turned around & met her dad, “Hyunnie, this is your gramps. Dad, my son, Hyunnie.”

 

Taehyun smiled with his cute teeth showing. He stretched out his arm, copying what Doyeon had done earlier, “Hello.”


“Hi there.” Mr. Kwon said, as he shook Taehyun’s hand, “Have you been a good boy to your aunt?” Taehyun bobbed his head up & down. Mr. Kwon reached into his pocket & took out a lollipop, “You deserve this then.” Taehyun took it with a little snatch, “Thank you, gramps.”


Mr. Kwon laughed. He surely was going to have a good time with this little guy. He hadn’t been around a kid since ages ago & this was going to be more than fun. Just not more than thirty words, he felt like he had known his grandson for years now.