Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 94

 

She slammed her briefcase onto the desk & popped down angrily. Her morning had suddenly turned from merry to hell! If only…

 

Yuri felt the necklace hanging around her neck. What did it matter if she was wearing another man’s present? They were friends. She growled & ran a hand through her loose hair. If it was true, that was the first time she had ever seen jealousy in his eyes but over a necklace? Lord, that was useless. Her own husband was jealous over a necklace another man had given her. The least he could be happy about was that she loves his christmas present more but no, they just had to get into another argument on her first day back to work after the long vacation.

 

He had worded for her to take it off after her explanation that Donghae had given it to her. That had just angered her half but what really angered her was his jealousy. If he truly loves her, he wouldn’t be jealous over a necklace. She had lifted her stubborn chin, turned around & walked out of the house.

 

“Jealous!” Yuri sneered angrily. Reaching behind her back, she took the necklace off. Oh no, she wasn’t doing it because of her husband’s jealousy or his harsh words; she was doing it just to loosen her boiling anger. Her hands opened one of the drawer & she neatly but yet roughly threw it in & slammed the drawer shut. What frustrating mornings.

 

‘Lunch.’ She thought, while redoing her hair, there had be no way she will be having lunch with him today. It is going to be a long day.


“Hey.” Yuri quickly glanced up. Surprisingly, Mina stood at the entrance, “Can I come in?” Not waiting for an answer, she closed the door & popped onto one of the seats before the desk, “You seem tempered.”


“Don’t ask why.”

 

Mina shrugged, “I won’t.” She made herself comfortable & sighed in relaxation, “So, how are you & the baby doing?”


“Great.” Yuri said, with a thin smile before starting the computer. Worst actually. The wee baby inside of her hadn’t even grown & already, it had started to tired her out again. She took her pills everyday, listened to what the doctor had said & didn’t even carry anything heavy. If she wasn’t wrong, something unmentionable was carrying on her.

 

“How was your trip? Fun I bet.”

 

“It was.” & she didn’t care about how Jessica had hugged Jaejoong. A woman in love, no one can control it but she, herself, was in love with Jaejoong, why can’t she just say it out & let it be over with?

 

Yuri took a glance at her sister. Mina played with her red bottom lips, looking around the room. A frown appeared on her forehead. Yuri frowned along & asked, “What’s wrong?” As if shock by her voice, Mina jerked her head back to Yuri with a surprised look.


“What?”


“You look troubled.” Yuri leaned forward, “What’s up?” Then she raised her brows, “Is it Taecyeon?”

 

“No, it’s not Taecyeon Oppa at all. We are doing great.” She ran her hand through her hair, “It’s nothing, really. Nothing happened while you & Jaejoong Oppa was away. It’s.” She hit her forehead. Why couldn’t she just keep shut?


“You better speak up, Min.”

 

“Is that a threat?”


“It will be more if you don’t open your mouth wider. What happened? Hyunnie seemed alright. Nothing happened to him. You are acting as if I will kill you.” Yuri grew impatient, waving her hands around, “Now, Min.”

 

Mina growled, “Nothing!”


“I swear, Min, if you don’t…”


“Oh, fine. Donghae Oppa came to visit Hyunnie while you two were away. He did nothing wrong. All he did was brought some presents & played with Hyunnie.” She snorted, “But he seemed guilty while doing that. It must be you who he was looking for.” She eyed her sister carefully, “I knew he liked you the first time I met him. His eyes were locked on you.”


“Nonsense, Min. Is that all? You scared me a bit there.”


“What do you mean is that all? No, it isn’t. You been working with him in this school for months now, Yuri, can’t you see that he likes you?” Yuri threw her an annoyed look. Mina’s eyes widened, “You...You knew then?”


“Please Min, I have work to do.”


“You knew?” She got up & paced back & forth. With her one of her hand covering in awe, she mumbled unmentionable words under her breath, “You knew, Yuri, then why...Jaejoong Oppa. Don’t tell me he doesn’t know about this. That man…”


“Jaejoong Oppa knows.”


“What?”

 

Yuri rubbed her face with a sigh, “I noticed that Donghae Oppa liked me after Jaejoong Oppa mentioned it. It was one of the trips Oppa had made that Donghae Oppa invited me to his niece’s birthday party. There, he asked about Hyunnie. I only said that Oppa & I were married twice. I left out the part of our unknown love, afraid that things would just get worst. If I would have told him that there were no love between Oppa & I, surely things would had been damaged long ago.” She glanced up at her sister, “Don’t worry about it, Min.” “How could I not? Yuri, Jessica had already destroyed your life years ago. Do you want another one?”

 

“Oh, my god.” She groaned, “Please Min, how could he destroy Oppa & my life when it’s already been destroyed? If you are worry about another divorce between Oppa & I, please don’t. I clearly do not cheat. Nor will a man like Donghae Oppa have a heart to destroy a relationship. We are just friends, Min.”

 

“That’s what everyone says but later on, who knows what would be turning about.” Mina popped back down onto the seat, “Whatever happens, I just want you to be careful. Jaejoong Oppa’s a great man, Yuri. He really loves you. I can see it. Everyone can.”

 

Yuri smiled, “Thanks, Min. Don’t worry about me.” She glanced up at the clock, “You had been here for a while, don’t you have work?”

 

Mina smiled testily, “I do & I had been designing the most recent style.” She winked, “It’s going to be the best all around. Silver dress with a little taste of a racketeer’s style on the top. I’m half-done with it & you can be the first to try it on then it will be out to the world. Damn, I’m good.”


“You are.” Yuri chuckled, “Now, go on & finish it. I got work to do, too.”


“Alright, bye.” Mina pushed herself up with a grunt. Yuri waved her fingers as she exited. A swell of anxiety overcame her. Maybe the vacation she had had wasn’t enough or rather had it tired her?

 

Dammit, where is she?! Jaejoong wiped his mouth, trying to concentrate on the road ahead. It was past the hour of when she should have been home. He had waited long enough for her return just to get impatient & by god, he knew it was about the argument they had had this morning. If he could have just kept his mouth shut then he wouldn’t be looking for her. Why was jealousy suddenly part of their relationship?

 

He was shaking. Scare of anything that could be happening to her. Calling her parents’ house, she wasn’t there. Calling everywhere he knows, she wasn’t there & now, he was heading towards their apartment. He hadn’t called there yet but where else could she be at this hour?

 

Before parking his car, he spotted Yuri’s car, again, parked at the far end. He impatiently but relaxing, got out & climbed the steps to their apartment. Surely, the elevator needed some speed. His breath was out as he reached the level. The door opened to his anticipation & she shot her head up in fright. He stopped in his track, staring lightly in confusion at her. She was cleaning the apartment.

 

Her hair was pulled messily up into a bun & her clothes were baggily hanging on her. She looked breath-taking with flushed cheek but now wasn’t the time to admire her. He has everyday of his life to do so. His arms dropped to his side. He calmed his breathing down & he blinked unwillingly.


“What are you doing?”


“Cleaning.” Yuri answered simply. She dropped the rag she was holding onto the table & stood up, she cleared , “What are you doing here?”

 

He narrowed his eyes at the ridiculous question. What was he doing there? It was simple enough; he was looking for her. Couldn’t she tell by the way that he was breathing? Couldn’t she tell by the way that his eyes blamed her for making his heart pump in worriness? Couldn’t she show any love?


“Looking for you, what else?” He slammed the door shut, making her jump in trepidation again. Taking large strides, he made his way over to her. He was calm but he wasn’t steady, “Why didn’t you leave a note or at the least called?! Did you know how worried I was?! Do you not know how stupid it is to do the same thing the second time?! Did you even know that it was foolish of you to do such thing as not coming home at the time your family was expecting you to?!” His voice had raised & his breathing had increased again. Dear lord, he was ever so glad to see her safe but she had him worry sick. How could he not raise his voice?

 

Yuri exhaled, blinked & turned but he caught her arm, “& now where are you going?”


“Away from your voice.”

 

He in-take a shaky breath, released his hold & turned away, “What were you thinking about doing such foolish things?”


“I’m sorry.” She answered, “But I needed some time alone.”

 

He averted again, & took a look at her neck. The necklace was gone. Somehow, it made him feel worse. That was what this was all about, his mouth, the necklace & her. With a sigh, he worded, “You could had done it without worrying Hyunnie & I.”


“I could but you would have worry about why I needed that time.”

 

She was right, “Look, Yul, I’m sorry about what happened this morning. It was uncalled of me but I can’t.” He trailed off. The look on his face changed. He looked at her side-turned face hard & long, “But why were you having lunch with him?”

 

Yuri looked up at him. Her immense eyes told him his answer. He looked away & raked his hair. The air from the opened window wasn’t cooling him. His feet led him to pace within eight steps, “Hiding from me, Yul?” “It’s not…”


“You could have just given me the signal to leave when you saw me at the cafeteria door. No need to had check up at me every now & then. You were having a happy lunch with him, I saw.”


“I wasn’t expecting jealously from you, Oppa.”

 

He growled angrily, “Damn the resentfulness part!”


“If you really love me as you had said, Oppa, you shouldn’t be jealous over a little necklace nor a friend of mine. Making a friend with a male isn’t called cheating. You were with Jessica & I didn’t say anything. Why are you overreacting on my little fault if you call it?”

 

Jaejoong rounded on her, too fast for her to see his reaction. He pulled her close, touching from thigh to chest. She stood herself. Within eyes, he leaned down & kissed her softly, not hard, on the lips. She rejected, turning her head sharply. He inhaled.


“I wonder why jealousy wasn’t included in our bargain.” It came out as a whisper from her own mouth, “I never knew there was a jealous part in you, Oppa.”

 

“On love, there definitely is.”


“No, Oppa.”


“Wrong, Yul.” He angled her head back with his index finger, “If I wasn’t…”


“Mommy.” Jaejoong turned around but before he could see it coming, a pair of arm enveloped his long skinny legs along with Yuri’s, “Mommy, here you are. Hyunnie & aunt Min look for you.” He released his hold & stretched out his arms, wanting his mommy to carry him. She removed Jaejoong’s hand from her hips, bent down & took him into her arms, “Hello, mommy.” He kissed her cheek, “Hyunnie miss you.”


“& I to you.” She returned his kiss, “Mommy worried you, didn’t she?” He bobbed his head. She smiled, “Mommy’s sorry.” She hugged him in tightly, taking a look at Jaejoong. He sent her a look of unfinished words in feeling. She cramped her eyes at him & turned away.

 

“Can we sleep here tonight, mommy?”


“Of course, sweetie, & it’s already past your bedtime. I will tuck you into your little bed right now.” Taehyun giggled & buried his head into her shoulder. Before walking off, Yuri threw an obliged glance over to Mina.