Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 33

 

“How’s that, mom?” Yuri asked, putting a pillow underneath her mom’s back.


“That’s good enough, honey.” She replied, leaning back & closing her eyes. The surgery had tried her out but to make it better for her family not to be concern, she did her best. Never did she remember a thing as she had woke up from her longest sleep in history. Everyone had a worried looked on their faces but none more worrier than Yuri.

 

Before Yuri could have sat back down on her seat, the door burst open & Taehyun came running towards her, “Mommy.” Before she was ready to catch him into her arms, he came flying. He threw out his arms & circled it around her waist, “Hello mommy.”

 

She burst out a small, surprises laugh & hugged him back, “Sweetie. Careful.”


“Hyunnie miss you, mommy.”


“Mommy miss Hyunnie, too.” Picking him up from the ground, Yuri hugged him, “Where’s aunt Min?”

 

“Right there.” He averted & pointed to the opened door. Mina appeared, trying to catch her breath. Taehyun giggled behind his hands.


“Hyunnie.” Said Yuri disapproving, but was also laughing, “Next time, don’t do that alright? Aunt Min will run out of oxygen.” She gave him a wink. He giggled again.


“You didn’t say hi to your granny. She’s not going to be very happy after all of what she had been through.” Mrs. Kwon said.

 

Taehyun turned around & smiled, showing his front teeth, “Hello granny.” He was about to jump down onto the bed but Yuri tightened her hold.


“No, sweetie. Granny is sick. Never do that.”


“But mommy. Hyunnie want to give granny a kiss.” He pouted.

 

Yuri grinned, “You could have told me. I will help you.” She bend down & Taehyun gave Mrs. Kwon a kiss on the cheek.


“Thank you Hyunnie. That made me feel better.” Said Mrs. Kwon.


“Granny welcome.”

 

The door opened & the rest of the concerned people came in. One by one, they gave Mrs. Kwon the warmest words & hugs that she had ever received.


“Where’s Jaejoong & Jessica?” Mrs. Kwon asked, after a long time.


“They went to San Francisco just yesterday.” Yoochun spoke up, “Jessica’s dad had a . They said they were sorry to leave so early before the surgery was even over.”

 

Mrs. Kwon pressed on an assuring smile. She looked over at her daughter. Yuri seemed much more assured but Taehyun was the opposite. As the time passed by for the day, everyone started to leave. Mr. Kwon wanted to stay with his wife for the night. As Yuri got into the car, Taehyun started to whine about Jaejoong being gone again.

 

“How long will Jae be gone, mommy?”

 

Yuri sighed, “I told you, sweetie, I don’t know. If you keep whining, I will tell him to stay away longer.”

 

“No, mommy.”


“Then be a good boy while uncle Yonnie drives. He doesn’t want any interruption.” Doyeon passed Yuri a look. She shrugged. Taehyun uttered a cough. Yuri looked behind, “Are you okay, honey?”


“Hyunnie sick.” He replied seriously.

 

Yuri smiled, “No playing sick, Hyunnie.”

 

He pouted & turned away. Yuri averted ahead & crossed her arm. The rest of the way home was none quieter. Now & then, Taehyun would utter a cough. Somehow, she couldn’t believe that he was really sick. He can play sick with his great cough. Doyeon parked the car & got out. Getting out, Yuri walked to the other side & took Taehyun into her arms. As her hands touched his milky, white skin, she felt the hotness. Taehyun muttered something Yuri didn’t understand & without a warning, he threw up on her shoulder. She gasped & held onto him tighter.


“You are sick, sweetie.”

 

“Hello Mr. Jung. Nice to meet you again.” Jaejoong greeted Jessica’s father, at the age of fifty-three, stretching out his hands. His gray hair angling fell down to his forehead but then, he always brushes them off. The patient’s uniform didn’t fit him as the man had wanted to. His belly was none larger than a woman when they were pregnant. On the other hand, his wife was the opposite. She had her hair perfectly up in a bun while her back was perfectly straight, maybe too straight for her own good. Jessica’s sister were too quiet, maybe quieter than her.

 

Inho Jung greeted Jaejoong by shaking hands with no words. As he began to cough, he pulled his hand back to covered his mouth, “I’m sorry.” He said, along with his cough.


“It’s alright, sir. What did the doctor say?”

 

He shrugged, “You know how they are. They always pick rich people by money.”

 

Jaejoong looked over at Jessica who was by his side. She worded the word sorry, knowing what he was thinking about. He assured her a smile. It was more than one time had he been here to visit her family. How worse could it get?


“I’m sure you will get out of here soon, dad. It won’t be until five or eight days.” Jessica said.


“I wish.” Mr. Jung mumbled. He yawned & closed his eyes, indicating that it was his sleep time.


“Why don’t we get out of this sick room & go have some nice lunch? I’m sure that will brighten up your stay.” Eunae Jung, Jessica’s mother, said. Jaejoong averted his gaze to her & smiled. She surely looks like a doll with a lot of makeup on. He knew that Jessica’s family didn’t really care much about each other but their old man was in the hospital. How worse could this family get? The only one he was sure of that really cares about the family was Jessica. Her sister was more of not knowing anything that was going on in the family.

 

“That’s okay, Mrs. Jung. I’m don’t have the appetite.” He turned to Jessica, “Go & have fun with your mom & sister. I can watch over your dad then go reserve myself a hotel room.”

 

Jessica shook her head, “I’m not hungry either.”

 

Mrs. Jung shrugged, “I guess everything is all said. Come on Krystal, lunch awaits us.” She picked her pocketbook from the nearby chair & walked out of the door, followed by Krystal.


“I’m sorry about that, Jae Oppa. My mom…”


“I understand, sweetheart. You don’t have to explain.” He tilted her chin & gave her a kiss on the lips without warning, “Let’s stay here for a while then go find me a good hotel room.”


“Why don’t you just stay with me at my parents’ place? We have more than three room.” Jessica suggested.

 

Jaejoong shook his head, “That’s alright, sweetheart. A hotel room is fine with me. Besides, you need to spend more time with your family. I don’t want to interrupt.”

 

Jessica grinned, “You are not interrupting anything, Oppa, but thank you.” She patted his cheeks, “Go ahead & find yourself a hotel room for the rest of your stay. I will stay here to look over my dad.” She took a glance down at her sleeping father, “I want to stay with him & have a little talk.”

 

Understanding, Jaejoong nodded, “Alright. I will be back as soon as I can.” He took her into his arms with his arms circling her waist. Looking down at her eyes, he grinned & said, “Give me a kiss first then I will leave you alone.”


“We are in my dad’s hospital room, Oppa. That first kiss you gave me in here was without a warning & it wasn’t fair. You will have to suffer for that.”

 

Jaejoong groaned & pulled back, “You win this time but next time, you won’t be so lucky, princess.”

 

She laughed at his silliness, “Go on. I will see you later.”


“I will see you later too, sweetheart. Bye.”

 

He walked out of the room & out of the main door to the rented car. Pulling out of the driveway, Jaejoong drove to the nearest hotel he could find. His stuff was carried into his room after finding the hotel he wanted. He wandered around the room & grinned to himself. It was perfect. Walking over to the balcony window, Jaejoong shoved the curtains apart, opened the doubled glass door & saw the city of San Francisco. He walked onto the edge of the balcony, took off his black guess leather moto jacket & hung it on the railing. Crossing his arms, Jaejoong looked down at the busy streets. The summer in the city can be too hot for its own good. There were little breezes to come & cool down the people on the street.

 

He took out his iphone & dialed Yoochun’s number. It rang three times before Yoochun picked up, “What’s up?” “Nothing much, Yoochun. Is the surgery over?”


“It was over hours ago. Mrs. Kwon’s doing great. She seems stronger than what we had thought.”

 

“That’s great to hear.” Jaejoong paused before he continued, “Have you seen Hyunnie?”


“I had.” Yoochun chuckled, “The little kid miss you already. He was whining when you will be back. I tell you, buddy, Hyunnie’s a smart boy.”

 

Jaejoong grinned, “Thanks, man. I guess Yuri hadn’t told him what I said yet?”

 

Yoochun shrugged, “I don’t know but she didn’t say much to anyone after the mention of your name & Jessica’s.”


“Oh.” Jaejoong mumbled, frowning.


“Where are you now?”

 

Jaejoong took one last glance down the balcony & walked back into the room, “In San Francisco. It’s hot down here.”


“I bet it is.” Yoochun trailed off, & then came back on the line, “I have to go now. Talk to you soon.” He hung up the phone before Jaejoong could say anything else. Sighing, he shut his phone & threw it onto the bed. Just a quick shower then he has to go back to the hospital. He got into the shower with his whistling tone. He wasn’t planning to stay here long. Just a few days then he will head back home. His soul couldn’t rest any longer with the wanting to see that little guy.

 

Getting out of the shower, Jaejoong got dressed & walked out of the room. Driving back to the hospital, he knocked on the door of the room. Jessica’s small voice came through. He opened the door & stepped into the room. After closing the door, he walked over to Jessica, “Any difference?” He asked her.

 

She shook her head, “He hadn’t woken up yet.” She looked up at him, “Did you find a hotel room?”

 

“I found a good one.” He stretched his arms out & settled down on the chair beside her. They talked silently, afraid to wake her father up. Night finally came when Mrs. Jung & Krystal came back. Jaejoong took Jessica to dinner after hearing that they had had theirs already. Both arrived at a fancy restaurant, no difference then the others they had been to in Korea.


“Want to dance?” He asked her in the formal way, of asking a lady to dance.

 

She grinned, “Why not?”

 

Placing her small hand in his, he took her to the dance floor. The music changed from classical to soft jazz. Jessica rested the side of her cheek on Jaejoong’s chest & closed her eyes. They danced to the rhythm in each other’s arms.


“Are you sure you want to marry me, Oppa?” She asked in a whisper.

 

He frowned, “Of course, I do. I’m the one who asked you to marry me. You are my sweet angel.”

 

“& you promise you will marry me?”

 

His frown deepened. Pulling back, he tilted her chin up for her to look into his eyes, “Why are you asking me these weird questions? Is there something wrong, Sica?”

 

She shook her head & buried her face into his chest, “Nothing. Just promise me.”

 

“I promise.” Jaejoong whispered. He was unsure but anything to make her happy, he will do. Her voice sounded strange but he brushed it off.

 

They finished their dance silently. He drove back to the hotel room along with her. She refused but he wanted her night to be brighter than her day. Hands in hands, they walked around his room on a tour, “& this is the balcony.” He said, opening the windowed door. She walked out onto the balcony slowly & touched the rail. A bright smile came onto her face.


“It’s lovely.” She whispered.

 

“It is but you are more lovely, plus beautiful.” He walked up to her & hugged her from the back. Lights were everywhere from low to high. He grinned & kissed her shoulder. She averted her head & their lips met. He stared at her beauty, “You really are beautiful.” He put on a sly smile, “Can I kiss you now?”

 

She responded by kissing him first. Turning around, Jessica circled her arms around his neck, bringing him closer. She parted her lips as his tongue slide into . He held the back of her head & brought her closer to him. Groaning, Jaejoong raked his hand into her hair. He kissed her cheeks & went down to kiss her collarbone. Without noticing what he was doing, he carried her over to the bed & lay her down. He took off his light blue madras short sleeve plaid shirt & came atop of her. Jessica grasped the mattress & turned her head sideways. He kissed her collarbone again, & came up to kiss her lips.

 

Opening his eyes to look down at her, he saw Yuri. Pulling back in a beat, he stood up. He rubbed his face & looked down at her again, “Jessica.” He whispered, out of breath.

 

She parted her lips, surprised “Oppa, I...I’m sorry.” She said, ashamed of what she was about to do with him. Jaejoong rubbed his face again, “No. I’m sorry.” Lord save him. What was wrong with him? He had never done anything like this to anyone.

 

Jessica got up & touched her lips, “I…”


“I think I should take you home now. It’s getting late.”

 

She shook her head, “No. Since you are already here, I will just take a cab home.”


“Sica…”


“It’s alright, Oppa. I’m a big girl.”

 

He cleared his throat, “Alright then.” He leaned down to kiss her but caught himself in time, “I love you. Night.”

 

She looked down, “I love you, too. Good night.” She turned around to go but he caught her wrist.

 

“Sica. I’m sorry about that. I...I wasn’t thinking.”

 

Jessica shrugged, “It’s okay. I wasn’t thinking either.”

 

He dropped her wrist. She hugged herself & opened the door. Walking out, Jessica closed the door. Jaejoong let out a deep breath & dropped down onto the bed that was about to be loved. He rubbed his face & cursed himself. Bloody hell! What was really wrong with him? They were about to crack the nest hole of marriage & he was about to break his words of having love with a woman he hadn’t married. Jesus, he shouldn’t have invited her to his room. They were engage but they weren’t married.


“Dammit!” He mumbled. That face. Why did it have to pop up? He was with Jessica, not Yuri. They were to get marry in one & a half month, how could his ex-wife’s face take the place of his fiance?

 

A/N: last update for today since its 11:14 pm & time for me to go to sleep so see you guys later :)