Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 106: Epilogue

 

“Honey?”


“What?”

 

“Honey?”

 

“What?”


“Honey?”

 

Yuri closed her eyes in irritation. She took in a deep breath, calming herself before she exploded. Taking a tight & firm grip on the brush, she turned around sharply on her seat. Her husband stood at the threshold of the bathroom, looking as dumb as ever. She put on a quick smile & said through gritted teeth, “What?” “How do you like my mustache?”

 

She flinched, brushing the brush through her mid-length, dark brown hair nervously, “That’s the thousandth time you had asked me, Jaejoong.”


“& I would like to hear your answer again.”

 

She gulped, “It looks great, sweetheart.”


“Thank you.”

 

Yuri began to breathe easily again, as he turned around, returning back to the mirror to examine his ridiculous mustache. She circled around in her seat & began brushing her hair again. For years now, he had been trying to grow a mustache & now that he had succeeded, she wished for her body to be in a grave. It was only luck she didn’t shave it off during his sleep. A smile slowly curved up her pink lips. Well, maybe it isn’t a bad idea after all.

 

“Mommy.”

 

She turned her head, raising a beautiful brow, “Yes, Jungie?”


“Minnie Oppa stole my dolly again.” Her daughter said, through a pout.

 

Smiling, Yuri reached out her arms, “Come here, Jungie.” Aejung dragged her blanket along as her short feet led her the way to her mommy’s lap, “How about a new dolly, sweetheart?” She quickly shook her head as her daughter’s eyes widened, “I know how much you love dolly but she’s getting a little.” Yuri made a face, trying to think of a little word, “Ragged.”


“But I love dolly, mommy. Oppa keeps stealing it. I’m going to give him a black eye again, if he…”

 

“Now, now.” Yuri laughed, eyeing her husband’s back in the bathroom, “We don’t want to injure anybody, sweetheart. How about this? We will go to the store tomorrow, just you & me & buy you a new & improve dolly. You will have which one you like no matter how much expensive it is. I will just use your daddy’s credit card & we will be silent about that, alright?”

 

“I will think about it, mommy.”


“That’s great then.”


“Jungie?”


“Yes, daddy?” Aejung angled her head, raising both of her cute eyebrows.

 

Jaejoong curved the non-curve tip of his mustache, modeling “How do you like daddy’s new mustache?” Aejung stuck her tongue out, “You look funny, daddy. You look old, too.” She quickly covered , giggling “You don’t look like my daddy.”

 

He frowned, looking at his wife, “Yul?”


“Why don’t we hurry up, huh?” Yuri quickly said, getting up from the bench with her daughter in her arms, “We are going to be late & you are slowing us down, Jae.”


“But…”

 

“Hurry!” Yuri yapped, grabbing a hairpin. She headed out of the room, murmuring to herself. Her daughter stared at her, wide-eyed “Minnie! Hyunnie! Hurry up! We are late!” Reaching the bottom of the stairs, she lowered her daughter onto the ground, pinning up her hair, “Jungie, if your daddy ever ask that question again, say you love his mustache, alright?”

 

“But why? Daddy looks like a furry monster I saw on tv last night. It was funny, mommy.”

 

Yuri laughed, clipping the hairpin. She looked up as her son jumped down the stairs, step by step, “Minnie, what did I tell you about doing that? You will injure yourself. Walk properly please.”


“Ah, man. I ain’t going to injure myself.”


“& don’t try to speak like your big brother & never use the word ain’t.” She reached for her deep pink michael kors jet set travel top zip tote bag & rolled her eyes, “Hon! Can you get my purse for me please?! Thanks!” She bend down as her son reached the last step, “Who did your tie?” She asked, loosening it, “Hyunnie did. He said it looks better on me if the tie is choking me.”


“& you believe him?”


“Of course.” Kangmin said, sounding too proud, “He’s my big brother & big brothers are the best.”

 

“Are you trying to work something out with me? Because it isn’t working, Minnie, & when we come back tomorrow, you better give Jungie her dolly back or else you won’t be getting any dessert. Do I make myself clear?”

 

Kangmin groaned, “Come on, mom. That rag is so old. I was…”


“She is not old, you lair!” Aejung cried out in her squeaky voice.


“Now, now, you two. I can call a baby sitter right now & there will be no seeing uncle Yonnie & the rest. Do you want that?”

 

They looked down & said, with a pout, “No, mommy.”


“Good.” She kissed their cheeks, “I want good behavior today. No kicking each other’s feet while eating. No sticking tongues out at each other. No playing & no running inside the house. No…”


“No way. No, no way, Hyunnie. You are not driving there by yourself. We will go as a family & that’s my final word.” Jaejoong cleared his throat, “How do you like my mustache?”


“Honey?” Yuri interrupted, as they reached the bottom of the steps. She brushed her black elbow sleeve 60/40 blend seamed polo dress, “Your mustache looks nice. We should be heading to your parents’ house now.”


“& I want to drive there by myself.” Taehyun quickly said, giving his dad a challenging look.

 

“& my answer is no just like your dad.”


“But mom…”


“Hyunnie.”


“It’s Taehyun!” He grumbled, loosening his tonal paisley tie, “I can’t believe this.”


“Well, you better start believing it.” Jaejoong said, throwing the keys up into the air & catching it, “I bet you are jealous that I can drive & you can’t.”


“Jae.”

 

He flashed a smile, “I was just joking, honey. Here’s your purse.” Instead of handing it to her like a gentleman, he threw it, hitting her on forehead, “Let’s go. All the bags are in the car & I just can’t wait to show off my mustache. I bet your brother’s going to want one, too, Yul.”

 

Yuri grimaced, turning around & mumbled, “I doubted.” Taking her two kids by their hands, she headed out of the house. Father & son were still arguing nonstop, “Get in your father’s car & Minnie, help buckle your sister up please.” She turned around, hands on her hips, meeting her husband & son, “What’s up, guys?”

 

“I still want to drive there by myself.”

 

Jaejoong huffed out a huge sigh, “Not while there’s ice on the road, Hyunnie. Do you really think that I will let you drive, even if I’m in there?”

 

“I can take Minnie.”


“No!” Jaejoong shouted, face alarmed, “It’s way too dangerous. I would rather you take your mother.” He took a side-glance at her warning face & then began chuckling nervously, “Let’s go. Everyone in the car.” He leaned back, looking at Kangmin & Aejung, “Minnie. Don’t do that to your sister. Yul, get that little rascal.” Yuri shook her head, “Hyunnie, take shotgun. I have to deal with your little brother & sister & it’s a long way there.” She squeezed into the car, pulled her son & daughter apart & positioned herself in the middle, “Behave yourself, Minnie, & I mean it this time. Don’t pull your sister’s braids.”


“Yes, mommy.” He leaned back, thinking that his mom couldn’t see, he stuck his tongue out at his sister. She in return did the same.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, leaning back, “Go to sleep, both of you. I want silence.” At least her husband & older son weren’t arguing again. She closed her eyes, enjoying the peace & quiet for the moment. Her job had been a heavy load on her lately & to sub as a teacher the monday again, was going to be a headache. She even has to go see Aejung’s teacher next week. Her grades in spelling were dropping. Luckily, Kangmin hadn’t been causing any trouble in school yet & Taehyun, oh boy. He had been on a mood lately since Bora & him had broken up but for sure, they will be together again, by the end of next week. There was no doubt in it, “Dad?”


“What is it?” Jaejoong questioned, leaning forward to see the road more clearly.

 

There was a hesitation in Taehyun’s voice before he continued, “Had you & mom ever been divorced?” Yuri opened her eyes, heart already starting to beat faster & faster. She stared at Jaejoong from mirror. He took a small glance at her but quickly returned his attention to driving.


“What is divorce, mommy?” Aejung asked, trying to sit up.


“It’s where mom & dad go their own way, stupid.” Kangmin poked out.


“Minnie, hush it!” Yuri snapped.

 

Taehyun scratched the back of his neck, “I went up to the attic yesterday & found some divorce papers & then decided to search through the others. I found a picture of a woman.” He hesitated again, “Her name was Jessica, I think. She…”


“Was just a friend, Hyunnie.”


“Jae.”

 

He glanced at her again, “She was an old friend back in college. Her name was Jessica Jung Sooyeon.”

 

“Jae, I think Hyunnie’s old enough to handle it now.”

 

Jaejoong grunted lowly, “Weren’t you old enough to remember it, Hyunnie?”


“I’m lost, dad.”


“There’s nothing to explain, Yul. Nothing at all.” His grip on the wheel tightened. Perspiration sweated his forehead. Yuri sighed, looking at his back.


“I know there’s something wrong, dad, mom, & I’m not going to drop this conversation until I know what’s bothering the both of you. Jessica didn’t seem like a old friend when I saw tons of pictures of you & her holding onto each other, dad. If she’s an old girlfriend, I think you should throw those pictures away. What would mom think? It’s not…”


“Shut up, Hyunnie!” Jaejoong growled, breathing hard, “How many times do I have to say that she was just an old friend? That’s my final words.”

 

Yuri swallowed, looking at the troubling side of her son’s face. She knew someday this day would come but the way Jaejoong had taken it wasn’t what she had anticipated. When they had arrived at the hospital in San Francisco, Jessica was already taken away. She had hung herself after taking modeling pictures, gotten herself drunk, almost poisoning herself at it & came back home late at night. Her sister, Krystal, had came to check up on her & found her hanging by the window’s curtains. The pole was strong enough to hold her up for eight hours & Jaejoong had blamed himself. She could still see that night, dark & heavy fill with rain. Never had she imagined for Jessica to do that. The young woman had always been fragile & sweet but maybe they could see it coming. She only killed herself for the reason of him & everyone knew.

 

A heavy curtain had laid over them for a month & the only one who brought the smile onto their faces was Taehyun. Jaejoong had treasured everything up in the attic, even their divorce papers. Ever since that month, everything had been restored back to its way.

 

Biting her lips together, Yuri looked back at Jaejoong. She knew he have no more love for Jessica but seeing him like this again, moved everything back to that dark day.


“Minnie & Jungie aren’t your only siblings, Hyunnie.” She spoke up, looking at Jaejoong silently, “We never knew if the baby we lost was a girl or boy. I fell down the stairs in the apartment we used to live in & became barren almost for life until Minnie came along. After I lost the baby, Jessica disappeared for some day, came back to give us a gift for your fourth birthday & disappeared again. Before we knew it, she killed herself.” She swallowed lightly, somehow, taking her time, “She was a very sweet woman & I know she never meant to destroy your father & my life after our one year of marriage but one day I found your father with her.” She chuckled mirthlessly, tears almost coming to her eyes, “Let’s not go to the description, shall we? Anyway, we divorced on that day after your father wrote the divorce papers himself. Of course, he was the one who asked for the divorce but what he didn’t know that I knew was that you were in my stomach at the time. I didn’t tell your father, thinking that I can take care of you all by myself. We parted that night, going our separate ways.

 

Well, I came back after four years with you. You were three years old then. Your father & Jessica were already engage but I guess I was the one who broke off the engagement. Your father found out about you, that was the reason. We remarried, having the awful conditions your father made. I was the stubborn me while your father was the silly one himself. You can’t imagine how bad your father’s temperature was back then but you were a major part of our lives, Hyunnie. Without you, we wouldn’t even be a family now.” “That was hot, mom!” Taehyun finally exploded, doing one of his guitar moves, “Boy, how I wish I can have such a romantic adventure with Bora.”

 

Yuri’s brows furrowed, “Don’t even try anything funny as trying to make her jealous, Hyunnie, & I mean it.”

 

Jaejoong groaned lowly & he thought his son would put up a ‘Don’t bother trying to make it up’ sign. Seriously, his son wasn’t ready for any real love. He would probably be the one messing everything up. To think about it, he might even be worse than him.


“I hate to tell you that you were wrong, honey, but you were wrong; he wasn’t ready.”

 

She threw a warning glare his way, “Forget all of what I had just said, Hyunnie. Your father’s being the jerk he used to be back then. He was the one who cheated on me.”

 

Jaejoong made a face, “You were the one who didn’t tell me that you were pregnant with Hyunnie.” “Because you cheated on me, Jae! Would I just blurted it out that I’m pregnant when you were making out with another woman & to think about it, you didn’t even try to work anything out! I was the one who had to struggle through everything while you just went out & started to find another wife!” She growled out loud, turned her face sideways & tried to ignore her husband’s next words.


“Well.” Jaejoong humped, “My bad.”


“You are taking like me, dad.” Taehyun laughed.


“Stay out of this, Hyunnie!” Yuri grumbled, folding her hands across her chest, “I told you the most saddest story & you just laughed about it! You are just like your father! How inconvenience!”


“That’s why Hyunnie loves me more, honey.”

 

“What?” Yuri turned sharply, smacking her hands upon her husband & son’s shoulders, “Hyunnie. Jae. He doesn’t love you more. I gave birth to him. I’m his mother. Tell him you love me more, Hyunnie.”

 

“Call me Taehyun & I will.”

 

Yuri crinkled her nose, “Never mind. If you don’t like the name I gave you, forget it.”


“I didn’t say I don’t like it, mom. Hyunnie just sound so babyish & I’m just not a…”


“Forget it! I want silence now or we are turning back!” She exclaimed, leaned back & closed her eyes with her hands folded across her chest.


“Honey, I’m the one driving.” Jaejoong whispered.


“Hush.”


“Mommy?”

 

She turned towards her daughter, placing on her sweetness smile for the moment, “What is it, sweetie?” “Why are you & daddy fighting?”


“Oh.” Yuri breathed out, looking at Jaejoong from the corner of her eye, “It’s how we show our love, Jungie. That’s how married couples are. You will learn when you are old enough.”

 

Her eyes brightened, “& when will I get a baby sister? Minnie Oppa have Hyunnie Oppa but Jungie have no one.” She pouted then. Yuri tilted her head, touching her pigtail, “Will mommy give me baby sister?”

 

“Of course, you will soon, Jungie. Don’t worry...”


“You are pregnant?!” Jaejoong exclaimed, pressing on the brake a bit.

 

Yuri sighed, almost laughing, “No, Jae. Keep driving.” She threw him a small glare. He smiled innocently, winking. Turning her attention back to her daughter, she continued, “As I had said before your dad interrupted, don’t worry about it. When you get a little sister, you will play with her whenever you want. You can even name her.”


“Really?”


“Really.” Yuri said, nodding her head.


“Mom, I think we have enough brats in the house.” Taehyun said boringly, fixing his tie.


“& hush it, Hyunnie. You don’t know how bad you were when you were their ages.” She smiled secretly, “If you think that Minnie’s bad, imagine your father & I trying to manage with your cries. You were the worst.”


“Whatever.” He laughed, crossing his arms over his chest, “You know I was the best, mom. I was cute & that’s the only word I can define of myself back then.” He scratched his chin, “I think I was chubby, too.” He laughed at himself, “You have to admit, mom, I was all that.”


“Nah uh, Hyunnie!” Kangmin whined, “I’m cuter! Tell Hyunnie, mommy!”


“No!” Aejung cried out, holding onto her pigtails, “I’m cuter! I smile better! Minnie Oppa have broken front teeth, mommy!” She giggled, “Minnie Oppa is a dummy.”


“I’m not dumb. Mom. Dad. She can’t even spell.”


“Of course, everyone knows that I’m the smartness in this family.” Taehyun said, smirking teasingly.

 

“Nah uh.”


“But I’m cuter.”


“You are ugly, Jungie.”


“Hey…”


“Quiet!” Jaejoong shouted, over their voices, trying so hard to concentrate on the road ahead of him, “I want silence for the rest of the way to grandpa & grandma’s house. No talking.” He parked the car, “We are there. Everyone get out. Hyunnie, get the bags & take your sister & brother inside. Your mother & I will be there shortly.”


“Don’t take too long.” Taehyun whispered, under his breath, opening the door.

 

Yuri stretched out her arms & legs as she got out after helping her kids. She watched as they made their way to the front door & suddenly gasped as arms circled around her waist. Jaejoong nibbled kisses down to her neck. She tried her best to keep in the chuckles as his mustache tickled her chilly skin.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Eyes closed, she placed on a small smile, “It’s fine, Jae.”


“No, it’s not.” He sighed & rested his chin on her shoulder, “I shouldn’t have been such a jerk like you had called me.”


“I didn’t mean it, silly.”


“I know, but it really hurts my feelings. I have feelings, too, you know.” He kissed her cheek with a pout, “I should have thrown those divorce papers & pictures away.”


“We talked about it, Jae, don’t you remember? Besides, later or sooner, our kids will find out & I thought Hyunnie was ready.” She made a face, “He wasn’t any help, was he?”

 

Jaejoong laughed, “He still has a long way to go, honey. Being a playboy in school is what he is. I should have just send him to a boy’s private school where no girls exist. Mom did that to me & I still turned out to be a boy.”


“You call yourself a good boy? Give me a break, Jae.”

 

He chuckled, “Talking about me being a good boy, are you ready to give us another one, honey?”

 

She angled her head to look at him with narrowing eyes, “I’m almost an old woman, Jae.”


“You are just thirty-seven.”


“& you don’t call that old.” Yuri shook her head, unwrapped his arms around her waist & walked towards the house, “Thirty-seven.” She mumbled, under her breath, “I sound twice that age now. Thank you so much for making me realize how old I am, Jae.” Hearing his chuckles from behind, her ears began to burn against the cold. She opened the unlocked door, not waiting for him.


“Hon, wait. Sweetie. Alright, I’m sorry.” Hearing his footsteps stopping, she turned around. He smiled in relief, “How does my mustache really look? Does it match me?”

 

Yuri smiled, showing her teeth, “You look beautiful!” She exclaimed in a huff, making her way into the living room. Spying her brother, she walked over to him, grabbing his light blue traditional fit solid no iron supima pinpoint buttondown dressing shirt collar. He looked down at her with a prey-like frown, “Doyeon Oppa, you better not say anything about his mustache other than how much you love it!” She hissed, pushed him away & walked over to her mother.

 

“Where’s Mina?” Yuri asked, looking around.

 

“She went to Busan with Taecyeon to visit her in-laws. Said she will come by tomorrow to join us.” Mrs. Kwon smile.

 

“You look mad.”

 

“I’m thirty-seven, mom. How old does that sound?”


“Sounds pretty young to me, honey.”

 

Yuri grunted lowly, gaze following Jaejoong as he moved towards Doyeon, “You were the same age once, mom. Of course it sounds young to you.” She crossed her arms over her chest, attention fully on her husband & brother.


“Do you see anything different about me?”

 

Yuri hit her head. How could anyone not tell that he has a mustache?

 

Doyeon smiled nervously, throwing a small glance over at her, “Yeah, sure. You have a mustache.”

 

“Neat, huh?” Jaejoong asked, trying to twist the non-curved tip of his mustache, “It’s the new look this year.”

 

“Jaejoong Oppa!” Ahjoong shouted, from nowhere, “That look is what I call a monkey look. This is the year two thousand seventeenth. Flying cars should have already been invented but that mustache of yours had long been invented since the first caveman. I’m sorry to disappoint you.”

 

Jaejoong turned around, fist at the sides, “Oh, why don’t you gobble up your shoes, June. Your husband, I see, has one, too.”


“But surely one not like yours, Boojaejoongie. You are just lucky Myungsoo is out of town tonight. He would surely beat you with your new look.” She waved him a winner farewell, “Good luck with your new look.” As Ahjoong walked out of the living room again, she mumbled, “He’s not my brother. Nah uh, I don’t know him.”

 

As Jaejoong turned around, he nodded his head at Sunny, “Treat Doyeon well with more proteins. Proteins help hair grow.”

 

Doyeon groaned, “Oh boy, this conversation is already getting old. Your mustache looks great.” He shook his head, “I don’t need one. No, I don’t.”


“Should I say anything?” Sunny asked, smiling nervously.


“Just do as I say.” Jaejoong turned around, searching for his wife. As his gaze met hers, Yuri pushed up a smile. He walked towards her, “What are you smiling at?”


“Nothing. It’s just that you look way too handsome with that mustache & now I think it’s time for you to shave it off.” She raised a cute brow, “So, how about it?”

 

He acted taken aback, “I thought you liked it.”


“I didn’t say that, Jae.” She tsked, standing up from the arm of the sofa, “I only said you looked handsome in it which is a lie, of course.”

 

Jaejoong narrowed his eyes at her slowly. As the maid came in to announce dinner, everyone left excitedly, leaving the two by themselves. Yuri pressed her lips into a teasing smile, waiting for his explosion. Finally, for some reason, the tip of his mustache twitched. Her eyes widened.


“Why, you little.” She screamed with a laugh, pushing quickly pass him. He accidentally pulled a strand of her hair as he ran, making her scream again, “Come back here, Yul. You are so.” He gritted his teeth playfully, “When I catch you, I’m going to shave all of those hair on your head off. Do you hear me?” He stopped with his hands on his knees, running out of breath already, “But first, I need to shave this ridiculous thing off. I’m getting too old. Oh, boy. I need my cane, Yul. Yul? Yul?!”

 

A/N: now that's the end of this story, hehehe

btw, i'm really sorry for taking so long to update. i have been very, VERY busy that i don't even have time to rest or breathe anymore but here's some good news. my mom finally sign up with Comcast & we already got the packaged but there's also the bad news, my cable isn't working that properly so we will have to wait for them to come check it out & fix the wifi for us so please be more patient with me nae :)

for some people who might get confused reading this i will explain it, jessica killed herself by hanging herself because of her love for jaejoong. she thought since she can't have him anymore because his happiness & love is with yuri now, she might as well killed herself. Doyeon & Sunny are married. Ahjoong found a new husband, Myungsoo & Mina & Taecyeon are married, there.

oh yeah, i almost forgot. i will be starting a short fanfic starring yuri and donghae for candacess soon so stay tuned <3