Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 61

 

“Jessica.”

 

That was all she heard before the door closed. Jaejoong had run after Jessica just as fast as he had asked for that kiss. Yuri swallowed. She was disappointed but why? Was it because the almost kiss had been interrupted by Jessica? Or was it because she felt guilty for destroying a relationship?

 

Yuri shrugged carelessly to herself & raked a hand through her hair, flipping it backwards. Let him run after Jessica. She doesn’t mind. She needed some time to herself. This had gone so fast as if in a snap. The bargain was sealed with or without a kiss. It was said but then, it needed the doings.

 

She signed & then averted as Taehyun groaned in his sleep. Walking over, Yuri soothed his forehead. He fluttered his eyes opened then. She forced a smile on, “Go back to sleep, sweetie.”

 

He reached his arms out for a hug. Sweetly, she tilted her head & gave him the hug he wanted, “I want to go home, mommy!” He whined.

 

She pulled back & kissed his forehead, “That’s an improvement but you need to eat more before Dr. Robinson will let you go home. Get stronger with every bite you eat alright?” He nodded, “Now, go to sleep.”


“But can mommy read Hyunnie a book?”

 

She sighed but nodded. Reaching for the very hungry caterpillar, Yuri sat down on the chair. Halfway through the small book, Taehyun started to close his eyes but was startled as the door lightly opened. Yuri didn’t glance up, knowing that it was Jaejoong. Taehyun squealed in delight.


“Hello daddy!” His voice was still not strong but he managed to let it out squeakily as possible. His arms were stretched out for a hug. Jaejoong looked towards Yuri first before hugging his son. God knows how much he had forced his dark look to go back in front of his son, “Where you go, daddy?”

 

“Just out for some fresh air.” Jaejoong answered shortly. He glanced at Yuri again. She still wasn’t looking at him, “Are you reading Hyunnie a book?” Yuri looked up then with a nod.


“Read, mommy.” Taehyun demanded, with a little yawn, falling back to sleep. Yuri turned her attention back to the book but couldn’t bring herself to finish it. Her thumb soothed the page number at the bottom. All of a sudden, the book started to pull away. Startled, she looked up into those hazel brown eyes.

 

Jaejoong smiled, “I will read it to him.” She slowly freed her hand from the book. His voice began to dwelled on the place where she had left off. He chuckled at every part. She knew it wasn’t because of the book but because of his first time reading a child’s book to his son. He wants another child because of all the things he hadn’t done with Taehyun. Just hearing him saying that a while before, she felt guilty. It was because of her that he hadn’t done the things he wanted to do with Taehyun after his birth. Yes, he did blame her & she blamed herself but what else could she have done?

 

His voice stopped. Yuri raised her chin after resting it on her arm. He looked up from the book. His smile wasn’t there anymore. His dark gaze came back all of a sudden.


“Hyunnie’s asleep.” He whispered in a harsh voice. She nodded & then swallowed. He placed the book on the bed, still staring at her, “I have to leave for Korea early tomorrow morning.”


“Is Jessica…”


“I don’t know.” He interrupted her slowly, “Before I can catch her, she drove off. I think she might be going back to Korea or San Francisco.”

 

Yuri guiltily let out a breath of air, “You go ahead.”

 

He shook his head, “You & Hyunnie are going with me.”


“I won’t!” She said, with a frown but high voice, “Hyunnie is still sick! You need to talk to Jessica about…” “Yuri.” He cut her sentence impatiently, “If you think that Jessica won’t have this, you are wrong. The wedding between her & me is off. You & I are going to get marry no matter what. We had made our bargain.” She stood up, “I don’t go off on my words, Jaejoong Oppa. I’m just not sure if she can handle this. You two had been together for four years. Longer than you & I.”


“It doesn’t matter about the time, Yuri.” He stood up & walked gradually to her side, “Jessica & I aren’t married yet.”

 

She swallowed angrily, “I know you two aren’t but you are acting like a jerk now, Oppa! You are acting as if you don’t even care about hurting her. Just like when you asked for the divorce with me. You didn’t even think of it. You didn’t even think of how much it had hurtled me. Jessica is a woman just like me & I won’t let any women be treated badly. I want you to talk to her. Make her understand if you are a man, Oppa. Don’t regret anything.”

 

He glared down at her as if challenging. Finally, he closed his eyes. She won. Raking a hand through his hair, he opened his eyes back up & sighed, “I will talk to her. You & Hyunnie will be coming to Korea with me.” “He is still sick.” She gritted through her teeth, “I will not leave without him.”


“We need to discuss about the wedding, Yuri!” His voice raised. Yuri shot him a glare. He brushed her look off so easily just as if he didn’t care of what she thought. She turned around angrily & walked to the window. Her breath heaved once more. He cursed himself. She rubbed her face & became started as he touched her shoulder, “I know you don’t want to remarry me. Fine, there won’t be any engagement party or wedding talk. We will just have a small wedding with our families & close friends. Then everything will end right there but right now, I want you to come to Korea with me. I have no reasons but I just want you to.”


“No.” Yuri uttered, “Hyunnie isn’t strong enough. I need to pack. I need to call the school & talk to my landlord. I…”


“I’m sorry.” She raised her head, surprised. Hesitating, she turned around to face him. Their eyes locked. He swallowed, “I’m sorry that I’m rushing you. I...I didn’t think that you had much things to do. I’m sorry.”

 

She stared at him strangely & then nodded. He really did mean it, “You better go now.”


“I will come back.” He said quickly. She just stared at him, “I will come back as soon as I can & help you pack all of your stuff.”


“There’s no need for you, too. My dad & brother can help me. We will have no problems.”

 

He suddenly turned worried, “I will stay here until tomorrow to explain this to your father. I don’t…”

 

“No.” She interrupted rudely; “I will tell them by myself. You go on.”

 

Jaejoong hesitated but nodded, seeing the determination on her face, “Tell Hyunnie that I will be back soon & call me if anything goes wrong & Yuri.” His voice suddenly went soft which made her look up into his eyes, “I’m sorry about everything. For blaming you on Hyunnie’s illness & all the other stuff that I had said to you.”

 

Instead of accepting his apology, she turned around & waved him off, “Go on to the airport.”

 

He stared at her retreating back, feeling lighthearted but dreadful. As much as he tried to push the feeling away, it came back more. He raked his hand through his hair but wasn’t done yet. As much as he wanted to explain everything to Jessica, he still wanted to stay with Yuri & Taehyun.


“We haven’t seal our bargain with that kiss, Yuri.”

 

She did nothing but stood looking at the walls. Stress suddenly covered her face. Her shoulders dropped, “There’s no need to seal our bargain with a kiss. What is said will be done in the near future.” She took in a big breath, “I know you will break it soon so what is the point of sealing the bargain with a kiss?”

 

Jaejoong, all of a sudden, was squash. He blinked, feeling remorse coming onto him but his face didn’t soften any. Instead, his look turned dark & a muscle jerked below his cheek. His jaw clenched. She still doesn’t trust him. Jaejoong knew he hadn’t done anything to make her think otherwise of him like the man he had been for the past few weeks but for the bargain, he will never break it. He wants to show her the man he was in that one lovely year he had spent with her but she showed less interests in his words or action. The more she brushed him off, the more he grew intense with her.

 

Instead of walking out of the door on her words, he walk up & tenderly turned her to him. Surprised, her eyes widened. She started to speak but he placed a finger before her lips. Her rapidly heartbeat paced more. Her breath heaved again, but afraid that he had see the nervousness that he brought to her, she swallowed hard & held her breath in slowly.

 

He jerked her body closer to him by a push of his hand on her back. That hand circled around her waist. Her eyes were on his, trying so hard to read what he had up in that smart mind of his. His eyes stood dark. Another muscle jumped below his cheek. He was nervous himself.


“Look, Yuri.” He whispered roughly; “I want you to see the good side of me. I want you to understand me. I want you to believe in my promises from now on. That will be easier for both of us.” He paused, glaring down at her but then, it softened, just a bit, “Don’t be scare of me please? I can feel you trembling in my arms.” He removed his finger from her lips but troubled her more as he circled her with that hand. Her eyes started to shine, not of happiness, of course not but of tears. He groaned lightly, pulled her closer & hugged her firmly. The side of her face was pressed against his hard chest. No tears slid down her cheeks. She kept them in well. Yuri didn’t try to push him away. Somehow, she just stood in his arms, not knowing what to do. She felt restless & she felt so good in his arms. Nobody had ever hugged her like this for four, damned years & she didn’t want to miss it again! She felt as if she deserved this. Yes, all she had wanted for years was a man to hug her like this man here. He was her hatred but he brought the hug to her. What more could he bring to her with the marriage?

 

“I missed you.” He whispered, with his eyes closed.

 

She now mirthlessly laughed, “You sure did.” A big sarcasm. As if not wanting the hug she had so long wanted anymore, Yuri pushed him away with a force, making him back up three steps, “But the bargain doesn’t start until we get marry so don’t think you can kiss me whenever you like, Mr. Kim.”

 

An arrow pierced his heart but he managed to talk, “I’m sorry.”


“& how many times had you said that to me?” She asked, with a devilish laugh, “Too many times, Kim Jaejoong, & I’m quite tired of your sorriness when you don’t even mean it.” She turned her back to him sharply, “Please leave now.”

 

She had dismissed him as if they weren’t even engage. Moreover, she had dismissed him as if they were divorced again. Without more mischievous act, he took in a breath & let it out easily.


“I’m sorry even though you won’t accept it.” Said Jaejoong. He cursed a foul language so lowly she couldn’t quite make it out, “I will explain all to your mother & my parents. Don’t worry yourself over it. I will be back soon.” Jaejoong walked to the other side & kissed Taehyun on the forehead several times. Whispering soft words Yuri couldn’t hear to Taehyun, he glanced up at her. She wasn’t paying attention to him one bit. With one, heavy sighed, Jaejoong gave Taehyun one last kiss. He averted quickly, opened the door but stopped. Even though she wasn’t paying attention to him, he knew that what he was about to say would wake up her senses, “I wanted that kiss as much as you did, Yul.”

 

A/N: that's it for tonight everyone & please be patience because i know you guys are anixous of how jaejoong will explain everything to jessica but that will have to wait until tomorrow morning when i wake up