Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 36

 

Yuri jumped, startled. The bang at the door had woke her up from her deep sleep she was having. She rubbed her eyes gently & yawned. Yuri sighed & got up from the bed. Her family still hasn’t come home yet; she didn’t know what was the wait up. The house was dark all the way down the stairs. Never even having to turn on the lights for she knew every step of the house, Yuri reached the door. She looked out of the window & saw someone leaning against the door. Even though Yuri couldn’t see the face, she could tell that the person was Jaejoong again.

 

She took in a double sigh. What does he want now? Hadn’t he learned that no matter how much he beg, she would never let him see Taehyun? Unlocking the door, she stepped back as he walked straight into the house. Again, he slammed the door with his foot. Yuri made a little jump by the noise & placed her hand on her chest, “What are you doing here? I told you already.”

 

She went silent as Jaejoong brought his face up gradually. His eyes were dark in the way that she had never seen before. His face was no longer holding the tiredness like before. He had his hands by his sides, drooping but it seemed as if he was holding down something. Tilting his head to the side, Jaejoong blinked & said, “I came here to see my son.”

 

Her hard staring at him disappeared. Her lower lips parted from her upper lips but then, she pretended to frown, “Excuse me?” She asked, but all the while her mind was saying, he knows, he knows.

 

Jaejoong gritted his teeth in animosity & at her substituting act. His hands turned into a fists but he kept himself calm. This woman is the greatness actress he had ever seen but not for so long. He can’t stand a too great of an actress, especially her, “You are a great actress, Yuri. The best that I had ever seen for a while.” He took a step forward, “You kept him from me all these years. Why?”


“I don’t know what you are talking about, Mr. Kim.” She wasn’t about to stutter.


“Damn you do!” He put on a hateful smile, “Call me Jae. I rather like that then the formal way.”

 

Yuri let out an irritating, sharp breath, “If you came here for this, I…”


“I came here for more than to criticize you.” He took eight more steps towards her. Bringing his hand up, he tilted her chin up with his index finger. She didn’t move but stare into his eyes, “I hate when conversations go so slow like this & I hate giving hints for you to tell me the truth. So, tell me something you had been hiding from me for so long now. I’m waiting, Yuri.”

 

She stared down at his hand & brushed it off with a quick move. She took some steps away from him & let out a deep breath she didn’t know that she was holding. Her skin became sensitive just from his unused touch on her face for four years, “You are insane.”

 

“I heard that from you earlier & I doubt I will get tired of it but I’m getting tired of this slow, tiring conversation.” He blinked lazily. There was still sleep in his eyes, “Tell me, what’s Hyunnie’s father’s name?” She sharply looked at him, “Hyunnie’s father doesn’t matter to you. I don’t know what you are up too, but I don’t like this. If you will excuses me, I have some business to take care of.” Yuri walked pass him. Before she could open the front door, a hand sharply grabbed her arm.


“Who is his real father?” Asked Jaejoong, his voice impatient.

 

She turned around & snatched back her arm. Looking up at him, she lifted her chin. If he wanted his answer, she will give it to him, even though she didn’t care about the real father of Taehyun’s. Jaejoong was just like any other men around that she had seen, “Chinho Han.”

 

“You are lying.” He reached into his black michael kors alhambra knit-bib wool-blend coat; his eyes still on her. He threw the picture he had found in his parents’ room at her direction & it fell restlessly onto the floor. Yuri glanced down at the face up picture & then up at him again. She kneeled down & took it into her hand. Getting back up, her eyes were only on the little boy in the picture, “How do you explain that?”

 

Her brows deepened. She touched the boy’s cheeks. Her first senses & look told her that it was Taehyun but as she looked at his clothes, she knew it wasn’t him. As a mother, she knows everything about her son. Taehyun didn’t have a black suit with a blue tie & he surely didn’t have a pair of shiny shoe. Yuri glanced back up at him. The boy in the picture was Jaejoong. She knows, “It’s you.”

 

Jaejoong rose his brows in a frustrating way, “Your first expression didn’t tell me that.”

 

Yuri shook her head, “I don’t know what you are doing here or what your point is but I want you to get out of this house now.”

 

He glared at her, “But the only funny thing is that you have my son.”

 

She let out a small, surprised cough, ‘He really does know.’ She thought. How did he find out? Just earlier that night, he came here wanting to see her son but he didn’t say anything about Taehyun being his son. An uneasily feeling clawed up her spine. Why did he have to find out when she was just about to leave tomorrow? Was this just an everyday big coincident? She didn’t believe in fate & she still doesn’t. Or was this just a game of his to scared her?


“I…”


“Dammit!” He shouted, & ran an angry hand through his hair. She was taking too long, “You hid this from me for four damn years & I won’t let that happen again! You were pregnant with Hyunnie before we had the divorce, don’t you think that I didn’t know that?!”


“Mr. Kim. You…”


“Don’t you dare say that this isn’t true. I checked your damn profiles! I read everything. Hyunnie is my son. You were pregnant with him before we got the divorce.” He paused. His voice grew faint as he said, “You only flew to the states because of Hyunnie & thought that you could hide him away from me but today, Yuri, you were wrong.”

 

Her skin paled, “Hyunnie isn’t your son. He has his own father.”


“Damn he is!” He roared, throwing his arms out.

 

“My son is sleeping & he isn’t feeling well. Keep your voice down.”

 

He raked his hair over & over again. Soon, he was sure he will go bald just because of this woman’s patience. She was still acting, “Take your words back, Yuri. You lied for four years & came back lying too, that you remarried. Why does Hyunnie look so much like me? I was blind at first but now I’m not. I should had seen & heard clearly from your pretty lips.”

 

She raised her chin at him, “I have no idea where you are getting all of this but none of them are true.”

 

“Should I give more proof?” He asked, “If you had hid Hyunnie from me, why steal my name & signed it on his birth certificate? You know that’s illegal.”

 

Yuri’s brow narrowed. Stealing his name? When she signed Taehyun’s birth certificate, she only signed her name, never Jaejoong’sn ame. Why should she when she never wanted him to find out about her son? This name has gone mad. He stole a look at her private profiles & then claimed that she stole his name? Yuri took a step towards him but then stopped. Mina. Her sister must have signed his name down when she wasn’t there. Yuri glanced at Jaejoong again. What had her sister done? Mina knew she couldn’t stand it when his name pops out but then, she dared to sign Jaejoong’s name on Taehyun’s birth certificate.

 

Jaejoong let out a sharp breath. He turned & walked towards the step. Her eyes widened, “What are you doing?”

 

He reached the first step & then averted his head to look at her, “Taking Hyunnie to the hospital.”


“You won’t.”

 

“He’s getting a blood test. I hate to do this, Yuri, but you are the one who’s wasting my time. If he’s my son, I swear you will pay for this.”

 

Her eyes widened. Yuri stared at his serious face. He was saying his true words. She swallowed. Right now, she can’t risk her son’s life. She had done that too much since coming over here to Korea. Taehyun was already sick; Yuri didn’t want him to get any worse. She rather tell Jaejoong the truth then let him take Taehyun to the hospital. He wasn’t the man she knew at all. Yuri took another hard swallow. The day has already come, “How could had I live with a man who doesn’t even love me anymore? You cheated on me silently & I kept my secret in silent. We are equal.” Said Yuri. She surely wasn’t going to say straight out that Taehyun is his son, “Bloody hell!” Jaejoong roared, “We are not yet equal! You kept him away from me, Yuri! You kept my son away from me for four damn years & you think that that will make us equal?! Damn you!”


“I kept Hyunnie away from you Jaejoong Oppa, but you were living in peace. You had all you want with your fiance.”


“Don’t bring Jessica in on this, Yuri.”

 

Struck, Yuri parted her lips, “I would love to leave her name out of this but she was part of it.”

 

He frowned as his face darkened more into a red color, “This is revenge, isn’t it?” He asked bitterly, “I cheated on you & you decided to take revenge on me by taking my son away from me.” He walked closer to her, “I hate revenge, Yuri, especially from a smart woman like you.”

 

Her immense eyes widened more in surprises & at his greediness, “Revenge? No. This is no revenge at all. I rather live in sorrow then take revenge on you. You don’t know how much a woman live everyday just thinking that their husband will cheat on them. That was how I lived after learning that you cheated on me but I’m glad that I left you for good.” She paused, “You are a bastard to think that I will do such thing as taking revenge!”

 

He flinched at her last words as if she had slapped him. His ex-wife was willing to do anything to make him blind like before. She had never called him a name like that before but now that he had figured out the truth, she was doing anything just to make him angry. True, he didn’t love her anymore but if she would had told him, he would had done anything just to have his son with him. Anything.


“Then why didn’t you tell me?”

 

She blinked uneasily, “I told you already, Mr. Kim, I can’t live with a man that doesn’t love me, more over, a man that cheated on me.” He turned to look at her again. She continued, “I hate men who doesn’t keep his promises & vows & you are one of them.”


“Hate me if you want too, Yuri, but it isn’t going to stop me from seeing my son. You should have hid him from me all these years.” He took in a small breath, “I hate to do this, Yuri, but as a father, I have, too. I will be here to pick Hyunnie up tomorrow afternoon. Pack up all his things.”

 

She turned sharply to meet him. Her breathing seemed to stop. Her lips shook. Her face paled over three times, “What...What do you mean?” Yuri stuttered, for the first time after he had learned of the truth.

 

He looked into her eyes, ‘So beautiful but yet so mean.’ He thought. He still couldn’t believe that he had found his son. His eyes boarded with the little guy & he will make more than eyes. After her lies, he will make her suffer. She has no chance against him. To make of it now, he hated her, “You were pregnant with Hyunnie before we got a divorce. That means that I’m legally the father of Hyunnie. In the system of child custody law, I can still take custody of him.”


“No. You won’t dare.”


“I didn’t come all this way just to find that Hyunnie is my son. I’m a lawyer, Yuri, & be sure, I will take custody of him. By then, we will be equal as you had said.” Jaejoong took his keys out of his jacket, “I will be here tomorrow by noon. Pack all of his things.”


“No. You.”

 

She grabbed his arm. He turned around to look at her terrified face. His heart ached. She looked like she had just lost her baby but she will soon. He hated to do this but he hated leaving Taehyun. She shouldn’t have taken Taehyun away from him in the first place & then to make him find out later. Even though his heart ached at her look, he wouldn’t give in. He had had enough lies.


“No. I won’t let you take him away from me. I won’t.” She said bitterly, but yet, wanting to cry, “You can never take my son away from me.”

 

Jaejoong gazed down at her again, & then shook his head, “Our son.” He said, sounding like a true father for the first time. Her grip on his arms freed. Yuri shook her head. She opened to say something but he interrupted her, “I will see you in court soon; the nearest I will not let pass is this coming monday. If by then, Hyunnie will be mine.” He looked at her one last time & walked out of the door.

 

Her lips still shaking, Yuri collapsed onto the floor. She stared into unknown dreamland. Silent tears suddenly & finally fell down from her eyes as minutes passed by. She heard the door opened, the lights turning on & then a gasps.


“Oh my god! Yuri!”