Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 55

 

“& who’s this from?”

 

“Your secret admirer.”


“& who’s this from?”

 

“Your secret admirer.” Yuri replied again, for the eighth times, “All of those are from your secret admirer, sweetheart.”

 

Taehyun angled his head, “Who’s me secret admirer?”

 

“You can’t know him because it’s a secret. That’s why it’s call a secret admirer.” She explained.


“It’s a boy?”

 

Yuri cursed herself, “Well, yes.”


“O.” Taehyun said, with a fish mouth, finally settling down in his chair. Yuri let out a breath, “Why is it a boy?”

 

She groaned, “It’s not a boy. It’s...Well, a man. He just want to be a friend with you.”


“O!” He exclaimed, & kissed the teddy bear, “He is good friend!”

 

Yuri smiled, “Yes, he is. Now, be quiet, I’m trying to listen for our flight.”


“Okay.” He said, turning his attention to big yellow teddy bear.

 

Yuri let out a breath & averted her attention to the front desk. Really, she didn’t expect Jaejoong to buy that much presents. The trunk was already full of their belongings & to bring his presents along, it was more difficult to sit comfortably in the car. Just luckily, she had stored some of the presents in her parents’ attic with Mina’s help & now, sitting at the airport, Taehyun’s teddies were everywhere.


“Happy you are leaving at last?” Her sister asked her.

 

Yuri nodded, “Are you sure you don’t want to go back with us? Find a job in the states?”

 

Mina shook her head, “Korea has its many jobs. I can find one here eventually.” She turned to Yuri, “Good luck with yours.”


“Thank you.” Yuri said, with a smile, “& good luck with yours. Watch over mom & dad for me, will you?”

 

“Of course, & you, call me if anything goes wrong & I mean anything.”


“You are sounding like mom, Min.” Yuri chuckled, “I’m sure everything will go alright. Hyunnie & I are both healthy. No need to worry.”


“There’s a lot to worry about.” Mina whispered, “But call us at least twice a month.”

 

“I will & I promise.” She brought up her head as their flight was called. A thin smile crossed her purplish pink lips, “That’s Hyunnie & me.” She stood along with Mina & hugged her, “Bye. Thanks for all the stuff that you have done for me, Min. I love you.”


“That’s what sisters are for. I give you all my love. Goodbye.”

 

She pulled back, hugged her parents & brother, “Take care. Don’t let that grandson of ours get into so much trouble.” Said Mrs. Kwon, “Remember that we are always there for you & we will always love you.”


“I know, mom. Goodbye.” She took Taehyun’s wee hand, “Let’s go, sweetheart.”

 

He looked up at her with a pout, “Where is daddy?”


“He’s already in the plane. Don’t you worry about him.” Yuri looked up again, & saw Ahjoong before her. Again, she pulled on a smile, glad to ignore Taehyun’s question, “Goodbye, Ahjoong. Look over that brother of mine carefully, would you?”

 

Ahjoong gave a little nod, “Bye.”

 

Yuri sighed to herself. She looked back down at her son, “Come on, it’s time to go back home.” She began to walk towards the entrance into the plane. Step by step, Yuri knew it has come to an end. The past that she had come back to visit was put back into its place. The things she had turmoil were continuing with its job & now, maybe she can start that new life she had four years ago over again.

 

He had watched every step she took. He had peered at every move she made & he had seen as she brushed a tear away that nobody had seen, except him. He had been a bastard! A nasty man & a deceiver again.

 

She didn’t deserved that & he was truly sorry. The worst thing he had done was hurt her twice. Was it necessary? No, but he had done it just to suit himself. He was a true, selfish man! Now, he noted everything could have gone right only if he had taken the subject of Taehyun smoothly. He should had handle it in a gentlemen way, instead of threatening to sue her & taking Taehyun right off her hands. He had done so many things he regretted & that so many things were in those last four years.

 

Jaejoong cleared his throat. Spying was what he was doing. A shame he was. Jaejoong relaxed off the wall with a kick of his feet as Yuri entered the entrance of the plane. He needed to get out of here. Turning around, he walked through the crowds of people but stopped short. He heard his name being called. He listened again, but nothing came, ‘Must be my imagination.’ Jaejoong thought. He took some steps forward & heard his name being called again. Turning around, he spotted her with quick shots. She was trying to impel through the crowds.

 

“Jessica?” Jaejoong frowned but began pushing through the crowds again. As soon as he was three feet away from her, she jumped into his arms. Her laughters ran out. Still in shock, he hugged her closer. What a surprises, “Oh god, I miss you!” She exclaimed, finally pulling back.


“I...I miss you, too.” He uttered out, “What are you doing here?”


“I decided to surprises you since our catwalk was cancel but I guess my surprises was a little early.” Jessica explained, “What are you doing here?”


“To see a friend off. I.” He knocked his sentence off & leaned down to kiss her. This is his fiance. The friend he was seeing off was his ex-wife.


“Thank you. I miss your kisses.” She whispered, with her arms still around his neck.


“You won’t miss any of my kisses anymore, sweetheart.” Jaejoong said, brushing a strand of hair away from her face. Yet, he cursed himself for being so sweet to Jessica but thinking about someone else. Her sweet smile widened, making him feel guiltier, “I want dinner with you. Do you mind? Or do you want to rest first?”

 

“I chose dinner.”


“Good choice.” He said, & took her hands in his, “Because you can’t back out of it.”

 

She laughed, reached up & gave him a kiss on the cheek, “That’s why I love you.”


“& that’s why I love you.” Jaejoong whispered huskily, & deepened the kiss. Somehow, he felt as if the kiss was different. No, it wasn’t her; it was him. He wasn’t kissing her lovingly. He groaned & pulled back.

 

“Let’s go now.” She gave him a nod. He turned away, not wanting her to see his true face & held her hand tighter in his.

 

‘Don’t hurt her, Jaejoong, don’t. You have her now. Forget about your ex-wife. You don’t have any feelings for the one you cheated on. Forget about her. No feelings. No feelings.’

 

He stared at her as she ate her octopus bibimbap. They had already reached the restaurant but so fast, he couldn’t quite catch what he had said to her in the car. She glanced up, blushed & wiped . He couldn’t smile. He couldn’t bring himself to smile like he had used to with her. What was wrong with him? “What are you daydreaming about, Jaejoong Oppa?”


“Huh?”


“I said what are you daydreaming about?” She repeated gently.

 

He ultimately shrugged one shoulder, “Stuff. Well, nothing really. Nothing important to us.”

 

Her brows rose, “Oh.” She uttered. Straightening herself, she placed her napkin down on the table, “How’s Hyunnie?”


“Fine.” He replied, surprised that she had asked him.


“Can I...well, can I meet him sometimes since I’m going to be his stepmother? I mean, we would need to get acquaint with each other. I just want to.” She trailed off.


“I know what you are trying to say, Sica. Of course, you can meet him after we get marry.”


“After we get marry?”


“Yes. Yuri & him had left already to the states. Since it’s a shared custody, we are to make it one month each. Yuri’s starting out with this month. I get him the next.”


“Oh.” Jessica worded.


“You are okay with this, right?” He asked, his brows narrowed, waiting for her answer, “It would be hard but it’s the only way I can spend time with my son.”


“Of course, it’s okay with me. I wouldn’t mind. He’s your son. I can love him the same.”

 

Relieved, he finally smiled, “He will love you, too.”


“When did they leave?”

 

He swallowed at the question, “Just today. They were the friends I told you I was seeing off.”

 

Her smile disappeared but she still managed to look at him, “Oh, so, I missed the chance to talk to them. My flight was a bit delayed.”

 

Jaejoong hesitated, “There’s always another chance though.” She nodded, “Come on, finish your food. I’m just waiting for the dessert.” He was trying to lighten up the mood.

 

“Daddy, where are you? Daddy?” His little voice rang throughout the small apartment room where he stood at the door frame. Yuri lightly dropped the luggage onto the floor & placed her hands on her hips. Taehyun averted, “Daddy gone, mommy. Where is daddy?”


“I don’t know.” She lied, “Go on in & say hi to your home. It misses you very much.”

 

Taehyun pouted but entered the stuffy, hot apartment, “Hello.” He whispered, walking around the couch, “Hyunnie back home. Where is daddy?” He asked the innocent cushion, with a tilt of his head.

 

Yuri her lips as she set the last luggage down. She flipped her hair back & let out a harsh sigh, “I need a shower.”


“Daddy.” Taehyun threw his arms out, “Daddy, where are you?”

 

With shoulders perplexed, she strolled over to her son. She picked him up & sat down with him on her lap, “What’s wrong?”


“Hyunnie can’t find daddy!” He whined.

 

She closed her eyes as if tired, “He isn’t here, sweetheart.”


“Huh?” He scratched his head, “But mommy say daddy come home with us.”

 

“I did.” She said, with a nod, “But I lied. You see sweetie, mommy & daddy are having troubles. Daddy isn’t here with us. He…”


“Hyunnie want daddy.”

 

Yuri sighed with another tired blink, “I know, but daddy isn’t here. He have his home, Hyunnie. You have to understand that. We can’t live together.”


“No.” He began to cry, not even understanding one word that she was saying, “Hyunnie want daddy here. Want daddy here.”


“Listen to me, Hyunnie. Listen. Daddy & I don’t love each other. We are divorce.”

 

“No.” He began to squirm in her tight hold. The word divorce, he had never understood its vocabulary, “I want daddy. I want daddy.”


“But you have me. You have…” He screamed, interrupting her. She held him tighter. His little body was strong but she won’t let him do this. It was her fault that she lied, “I’m sorry I lied. I’m really sorry. Forgive mommy?”

 

He cried, not listening to her. Her body tightened. She pressed her lips on his head, trying to still him. Her eyes blurred & she let them fall down her cheeks. She sniffed & closed her eyes. Her precious son was still crying.

 

“I know it hurts. I know.” She whispered, “But please don’t cry? You still have me. Look at me, Hyunnie. Come on, just look at mommy.” He wouldn’t, “Don’t cry. You will see daddy in a month. I promise. Listen to mommy. You will see your daddy in a month alright?”

 

He shook his head, “Now. Now.”

 

She groaned inwardly, “No, not now. In a month.”


“No, mommy!” He cried, with a scream. She swallowed & hugged him closer. Her son was hurting her, not physically but mentally. How could he want his daddy that much? She was here for him. Just hearing him called out for his daddy crushed her heart. She raised him up, gave him what he needed, except his daddy but she was there for him. What else couldn’t she give that meet up to his daddy’s level?