Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 38

 

“Why Mina? Why did you have to do that?”

 

“I’m sorry, Yuri.” Said Mina, almost in tears, “I didn’t have any idea that he would look at Hyunnie’s birth certificate. I...I signed Jaejoong Oppa’s name so Hyunnie could have a proper father.”


“But he doesn’t, Min! I would never consider Jaejoong Oppa as my son’s father! He doesn’t deserve a sweet son like Hyunnie after what he had done to both of us! Not only did I leave without telling him that he was going to be a father soon but he deserted me & Hyunnie! He cheated on me & now he wants to take the only thing that I survived with away! Do you call that a proper father?!” Yuri asked angrily, but yet, she felt like breaking down & crying. Part of the reason why Jaejoong had found out was because of the damn certificate! If only she had checked it to make sure Mina had never signed his name on it. Now, her future was more then ruined.


“Yuri, but he’s Hyunnie’s daddy. You can’t just separate them like that. I had…”


“Well, are you happy now that they aren’t separated anymore? Now, I’m going to be separated from my precious gift that I had made. I don’t want to blame you for this, Min, but if only you hadn’t sign his name on that paper I would had been halfway to America by now.”


“Yuri.” Mr. Kwon spoke up, “I think Mina have had enough. We will help you fight for Hyunnie, even though we always get in the way. I will talk to Jaejoong.”

 

She let out a hesitating breath, “Dad. All of you had never gotten in my way before. Your helps had been great but I doubt Jaejoong would understand anything that you will say to him. When he says he wants custody of Hyunnie, he will get it.” She shook her head, “But he’s not going to take Hyunnie away from me completely, dad. I won’t let him. I had raised Hyunnie for four years now & I can’t let him go. That man will wish he had never married me.”

 

“He just can’t take Hyunnie away from you just like that.” Everyone turned to look at Doyeon sitting on the arm of the couch, “He has no right, too.”


“I wish he doesn’t but I knew I was pregnant with Hyunnie before we got the divorce. Jaejoong can still take him away & to make it worst, it’s me who stole Hyunnie away from him.”

 

Doyeon rose a brow, “You told him all of this?”


“No. Why would I when I can never stand looking at his face? I told you, he checked all of my files. They included my private profiles.” Yuri averted her gaze to Mina, “You didn’t sign his name on Hyunnie’s real birth certificate, did you?”

 

Mina shook her head, “The clerk said that I can’t change any information after all that has been signed. It’s illegal.”

 

Relieved, Yuri let out a breath, “I can use the real one against him. So.” She closed her eyes & sighed, “The case is tomorrow. I can’t go back to the states that fast. Neither will monday make it. Telling them to send me a copy would be too late.”

 

They grimaced at the lost, “I’m guessing you haven’t told Hyunnie any of this?” Mr. Kwon asked.

 

She shook her head, “Hyunnie’s just a baby, dad. He’s a smart boy but I don’t think I want to tell him now.” As tears developed in her eyes, she looked up to prevent them from falling, “Maybe I will after the cases.”

 

“If that’s what you think it’s best.” Mr. Kwon said.

 

Yuri nodded & crossed her arms, “It’s getting late. I will need to retire.” She pressed a thin smile onto her face, “Goodnight.” They nodded their heads. Yuri took one last look at them & walked up to her room. As she entered the bedroom, her eyes could only gaze at her sleeping son. She sat on the edge & touched his cheeks, “Mommy loves you, darling. Remember that. Your mommy will always be there for you when you need her. You are her only & best friend. She won’t let you go into a hand of a stranger.”

 

He gazed at his family while they stared back at him. His anger was more than theirs but he wasn’t sure they were taking this rightly. Taehyun is his son & he wants his family to stay out of this. He only told them because they had another bloodline added to the family but by the way they had just reacted, he had regretted telling them any of this. His parents were exasperated by the news. They had only talked once in a while of what he should be doing & Ahjoong. She was his insane sister.


“Put her into jail, Jaejoong Oppa.”

 

He rose a brow, “Seriously June, this isn’t that big of a crime as if she had killed someone. She only hid my son away from me & the only thing I can do is take custody of Hyunnie with a share of it with Yuri or without her.” He raked his hair, “& I’m taking custody of Hyunnie without her.”


“Have you told this to Jessica yet?”

 

Jaejoong cleared his throat, stuck in between, “No, not yet but I will soon. I’m sure Jessica will understand this. She has the heart.”

 

Mr & Mrs. Kim looked at each other. They didn’t tell Jaejoong that they knew Taehyun was his son before he found out yet. It was better to keep it to themselves since problems were already rising, “The wedding will still go on, right? I mean, the solution with Yuri & Hyunnie shouldn’t be such a big deal to disturb it. We had already had the wedding planned out & all.” Said Mrs. Kim in concern.


“Mom. Of course, the wedding will go on. If I win the case, Hyunnie will abruptly become Jessica & mine.” Mr. Kim grimaced & changed into another position on the couch. Of course, he would love Jessica to become his daughter-in-law but the thought of separating Taehyun away from Yuri; he would have to refuses. His feelings towards his ex-daughter-in-law had still been the same, although; she had stolen Taehyun away from all of them. She was the daughter that he had never had. His wife had already gotten mad & he refuses to let anything like this go any further. Jaejoong had gone way beyond his limits on taking Taehyun away from the woman he had used to love completely. Surely, Jaejoong hadn’t even think of how much he would hurt her. Maybe he had for a few moments of matter but he needs to think how she would live on without her son. Although Mr. Kim wants his grandson back badly, he didn’t want to feel like a hitman. His son surely has no quilt for cheating on her & then wanting to take complete custody of Taehyun. Exactly like fours ago, Mr. Kim still remembered his son’s words of if he cheats on his mother, what would he do? The answer he had received was the words ‘I would never claim you as my dad’. Jaejoong wouldn’t claim him & surely he, himself, wouldn’t had claimed Jaejoong fours years ago too, expect that he still has hope in his son & only hope kept him up to stop his son from what he was going to do.


“Have you thought of remarrying Yuri?” Mr. Kim asked, before anyone else can cut in.

 

An uncomfortable feeling went up Jaejoong’s spine. Remarrying Yuri? Was his dad serious? He’s going into a wedding vow not only a month & a half left. Remarrying Yuri had never occurred to him. The only way he had thought of was taking abundant custody of Taehyun but remarrying Yuri; he couldn’t. He promised Jessica already that he would marry her & certainly, many people would ask him why could he not break a promise when he had already broken the marriage vow. He had broken too many promises four years ago & he couldn’t afford to break another one. How could he remarried a woman he doesn’t love anymore? How could he remarried a woman who couldn’t stand the sight of him? How could he remarried a woman when he was already going to marry another woman? Assuredly, they would never make the perfect couple they had once made again, & to make it worse, why would she remarry him?

 

To him, he didn’t understand why his dad would ask him such a question. He knows his father would love Jessica to be his daughter-in-law but he felt as if his father wants Yuri back to fulfill their big house with laughters.


“Dad.” Ahjoong said, before Jaejoong can pop out a why, “You can’t be serious about that after all of what Yuri had done to us, can you?”

 

Mr. Kim gave his daughter an inappropriate look, “She did nothing to us, Ahjoong.” His gaze went towards Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong looked into his father’s eyes, rarely does that happen. He saw nothing but concerned that his father was giving him, ‘I deserve no concern.’ Jaejoong thought lowly. He knew he was a heartless man to take such precious gift away from Yuri but he can’t control what he was doing. He can’t just leave the matter be & let her go off that easy & remarrying Yuri was too easy for him.


“I can’t & I won’t, dad. My wedding is in a month.” He grimaced, “I can’t delay it any further.”


“If you are marrying Jessica then leave Hyunnie alone with Yuri. She won’t have anything left if you win. Jessica can give us the grandchildren we had been wanting for years now. Listen Jaejoong, take Hyunnie & not marry Jessica or marry Jessica & don’t take Hyunnie away from Yuri. She’s had enough.”


“Yeobo.” Said Mrs. Kim, more impudent than she thought, “This is our grandson you are talking about. We can’t let him go off. He needs Jaejoong.”

 

He snorted accidentally at his wife, “Yuri didn’t need a father to take care of Hyunnie these past four years. She did it all by herself.” His gaze hardened towards Jaejoong, “But someone is about to break the connection between mother & son. Jaejoong, I expect you to make a gentleman’s decision, not an ill-manner solution that you just want. Think about what you are destroying. If you do anything else that will part those two, I can’t promise to be the father that you use to have.”


“Dad. You can’t be serious.” Ahjoong said, out of terror strike, “Oppa’s your son. He shares your blood.”

 

Mr. Kim stood up with his gaze on Ahjoong now, “We made share blood but the words father & son will never be use in this house ever again, if he does anything to part those two.” He turned to Jaejoong; his eyes burned unequally, “Good luck with your case.”

 

Jaejoong looked down, half-fill with quilt. He felt his mom following his dad up the stairs. Ahjoong stirred & changed her position. She crossed her flawless, thin, long legs & then crossed her arms over her chest. He heard her letting out a breath, one that he hardly ever hears from her, “What is it, June?” He asked. Somehow, he knew she was holding something inside. She changed her position again.


“I know I had been rude to Yuri ever since I met her.” She cleared , “Not that I will change that. I still don’t like her but Oppa, like daddy said, you should think it over. I really don’t know what I feel right now. I want to be mad at Yuri & I am. I want to be happy for you & I am but with both of you together, I hate for you to take Hyunnie away from her.”

 

Jaejoong looked up at Ahjoong, surprised at what she was saying.


“Don’t hurt her anymore, Oppa. I don’t want daddy & your relationship as father & son to go away.”

 

“But I thought you wanted to hurt her, June. Why are you saying all of this?”

 

She shrugged, “I guess I have different personality once in a while.”

 

Jaejoong started at his sister strangely & long. He didn’t know what to do after all. There were only three choices. Take Taehyun away & not marry Jessica or don’t Taehyun away & married Jessica & last, should he remarried Yuri?

 

‘The first day of court.’ Yuri thought, as she walked into the courthouse. She lifted her chin, ready for anything but her palms started to sweat. A hand squeezed her shoulder, “I’m behind you, Yuri.” Doyeon said.

 

“I know.” She muttered. Doyeon was a sweetheart to join her just to ditch the biggest project that his crew was constructing. She didn’t want to bother him but he insisted & all, she really did needed him. Her sweat loosened as her lawyer strolled up to her. He was in the unusual black suit that everyone was wearing. He was old in his mid-fifties but seemed to be calmer than most old people. As he came to her front view, he stretched out his hands.


“Nice to meet you again, Ms. Kwon.” He said, still smiling his droopy smile. She smiled back at him, taking the handshake, “& who is this young man?” He asked, as he stretched his hands towards Doyeon.


“I’m Kwon Doyeon. Yuri’s brother.” Doyeon said, & accepted the handshake.


“Ah.” He rose his chin, “I see. Nice to meet you, too. Oh. Am I so rude to forget & introduce myself?” He laughed, “As you know, I’m Yuri’s lawyer. Just call me Mr. Ok. Now, come on, we need to get started.” He turned back around the way he had came from & started walking. Doyeon & Yuri followed him. Approaching the doubled doors, two bailiffs opened them. Yuri frowned. They were in the courtroom. She reached for Mr. Ok’s arm & grabbed it.


“This is the main courtroom. Are you sure we are in the right room?”

 

He nodded, “Of course, Ms. Kwon.”


“But isn’t this just a small case to the court? There’s no crime that had been admitted.”

 

He shook his head then, “To your ex-husband, he signed this to be a big one, Ms. Kwon. I’m sorry to disappoint you but he has the money to take this case into this room. The room goes to the one with money & as I know, your ex-husband is a very famous lawyer. Nothing like this has ever happened.”


“I…”


“Please be seated. Judge Bak will be out soon.” The bailiff called out.


“Come on.” Mr. Ok said in an impatient but calm voice.


“You will win, Yuri.” Doyeon said, before she walked down the aisle behind Mr. Ok. She walked while unknown people stared at her. An uncomfortable feeling clawed inside her. She caught a glance of Mr & Mrs. Kim sitting on the front row. She could tell Mrs. Kim was mirthless but Mr. Kim just gave her a nod of his head. Yuri turned her head to the front with her chin lifted slightly. Like she had said, she was ready for anything.


The swinging door squeaked as her lawyer entered the front side of the room. He held the door for her as she reached him. Before she could walked any further, her eyes couldn’t help but catch Jaejoong staring at her from where he sat. Their eyes met. He didn’t show any expression his face & she, the same.

 

A/N: reading your guys comment did hurt me a bit saying that i don't appreciate my readers comment but to tell the truth, i really do appreciate all of your guys comment. just because this one is different from all my other stories i have written so far, doesn't mean i will make it this likek all the others. all the others stories i have wrriten so far here in AFF seen to go by like a rush while i want to take my time on this one. i may sound harsh or don't care about you guys when you guys are subscribing to read my story but hope you guys understand the author's point of view here too with how the story goes & like i said before, if some of you guys think that i don't appreciate your guys comment, you guys may unsubscribe & i won't even complain or hold a grudge against you guys because i'm not that type of people so its up to you guys now on how you guys want it.