Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 49

 

“Hi, sweetheart.”

 

Jessica raised her head & turned around quickly. A smile appeared on her face. She quickly threw her arms around the handsome man & placed a kiss on his cheek. She then pulled back & examined him.


“What are you doing here?”

 

Jaejoong raised a brow, “You don’t want me here?”

 

Jessica shook her head quickly, “I didn’t say that, silly. You made a great surprises. Why didn’t you call me?” “You just said it was a surprises. Why would you ask me why I didn’t call you?” Jaejoong asked, with a chuckle & took her hand in his.


“Well.” She then shrugged, “You came here to visit me? Miss me?”


“Both.” He said, & started walking out of the building, “I couldn’t sleep last night & decided to visit you today. I hope you don’t mind.”


“Of course, I don’t. Why would I?”


“Good. It’s your lunch time, right?” She nodded her head, “I need to talk to you. It won’t take long.”

 

Jessica glanced up at him. Her beautiful model like smile disappeared. He couldn’t sleep last night. He needed to talk to her. He didn’t even give her the kiss she wanted. Something was wrong. She could sense it. It’s their wedding. She just knows it. Did he want to postpone it? Did he want to cancel it? Did he find someone else while she was away?


“Jae Oppa.”

 

He broke out a smile for her, “Yes?”

 

She looked down then up again. With a hesitating voice, she rejected the questions that she wanted to ask him. Instead, she will just be happy for now that he’s here. She misses him & longed to be with him only, “Where are you taking me?”

 

“That new A16 restaurant.” He opened the car door for her, “You don’t mind eating there, do you?”

 

She shook her head before taking her seat. He shut the door lightly & walked to the driver’s side. Turning to smile at her, he started the engine. She smiled, unsure. When he turned away to the road, her smile disappeared. There was something wrong. She was so sure but yet, afraid ‘Our wedding.’ Her thoughts keep vibrating, ‘Our wedding.’

 

Making a left turn as the light turned from red to green, Jaejoong asked himself for the thousandth times why he was here. Why? He didn’t know himself. Last night, as he had just told Jessica, he couldn’t sleep at all after the ride from Yuri’s parents’ house & this morning, he had woke up early just to book an early flight to San Francisco. He just needed to get away from all of this but why trouble his fiance? Just a look from her a minute ago, he could tell that he scared her after his running mouth said he needed to talk to her.

 

Yes, he needed to talk to her but it wasn’t about the cancellation of their wedding. It was just about the wedding dress that was brought in two days ago. He knew there was a phone but he so needed to see her. He just needed to see his fiance’s face & remind himself that he was getting marry in less than a month’s time & god damn him, he was thinking of last night about remarrying Yuri again! That was why he flew here so fast, just to see Jessica.

 

Jaejoong bit his bottom lips from cursing. At the corner of his eyes, he stared at his gorgeous soon-to-be-wife. He remembered his words of promising to marry her on their last dance just some times ago. He didn’t want to break them but he notices his every broken promises he did to every other people, especially to his ex-wife. He broke his wedding vows to her, the most powerful promise to very husband & wife & to Jessica, he was about to break the most powerful promise of a soon-to-be-husband & a soon-to-be-wife.

 

Remarrying Yuri. Jaejoong shouldn’t be thinking about that so much. He was about to get marry for god’s sake but what about their son’s sake? Will he ever ask her to marry him again, because of their son’s sake?

 

He parked the car & got out. Before he can make his way to open Jessica’s door, she got out herself & walked over to him. He noticed she was putting on a fake smile. Taking her hands in his, he started down at her.

 

“I love you. I forgot to tell you that earlier.” He whispered in his huskiness voice. Bending his head down, he kissed her deeply on the lips, “That too, I forgot. I’m so sorry.” He whispered, while kissing her at the same time.

 

She blushed, “Thank you. I thought you forgotten about those.”


“Never.” He said, with a wink. She giggled, “Ready for lunch?” With a nod from her, he leaded the way into the restaurant. As they went through the doors, a gushes of breeze welcomed them. The steward smiled as he leaded them to the reserved spot Jaejoong had reserved earlier. With their order written down after the seating, the steward walked away to get the food.

 

Jaejoong turned to Jessica after studying the portrait of the peaceful waterloo before the battle happened with napoleon. With a look at her worry face, he grabbed her tender hands in his.


“What are you thinking of?”

 

She shrugged, “Nothing much.”

 

He soothed her hands, “You are thinking about our wedding, aren’t you?” She didn’t respond, “The wedding isn’t postpone or cancel. That’s not what I came here to tell you.” Her hands in his began to relax. He grinned, “It’s about your wedding dress. It arrived two days ago. No, nothing happened to it.” He explained, as her eyes widened, “My mom had put it up neatly in a special room. Don’t you worry about it. She locked the room down.”

 

Jessica shook her head, “I’m not worry about the dress. I’m just worry about the wedding. I just thought...Well, I.” She trailed off.

 

He shook his head, “Your wedding rehearsal & reception dresses will arrive later on.”

 

She raised her straight brows, “& you came here just to tell me about the dresses, Oppa?” He nodded his head like a silly boy. She tilted her head sweetly, “You could had just called me. What about your job?”


“It can always wait.” He explained.

 

“You are always like that.” She said disapprovingly, with a shake of her head, “Thank you, Oppa. I’m glad you are here.”

 

Jaejoong nodded hesitantly as the steward placed their food on the table. He will be heading back after having lunch with her & most of all, he needed to think.

 

Silence went over the table as Ahjoong’s last words were said. Mr & Mrs. Kwon exchanged old looks. Mina the sauce off from her orange lips, trying not to get herself involved in the conversation. Doyeon closed his eyes in irritation. Opening them back up, his eyes landed on his wife.


“Ahjoong, please, don’t start this.”

 

She chewed on her broccoli in a ladylike way & ignored her husband. Turning her head, she stared at Yuri. Yuri rose her brows, “Do you have anything else to say, Ahjoong?”

 

“More is coming, Yuri.”


“Aunt June meanie.” Taehyun said, from beside Yuri. Everyone looked down at their plate, even Yuri & chuckled.

 

Ahjoong ignored the little boy, ‘I would never guess, Yuri, that that boy belongs to Jaejoong Oppa. Since you had been away from home for so long, no one would ever figure what you would have gotten yourself into. Why blame Oppa that Hyunnie is his son? You were only married to him once. It doesn’t mean that he could be the father of that boy. It could had been another bum on the street.”


“Ahjoong!” Doyeon exclaimed, “You…”


“I don’t recall your brother being the father of my son.” Yuri interrupted Doyeon. This was her problem & she wanted to solve it herself, “I don’t accept such a reckless man to be the father of my son. Your brother declared Hyunnie to be his. I object but what else could I do when he threatened to sue me? Run away like a frighten chicken? No one is the father of my son. Not a bum, Ahjoong, & definitely not your brother.”


“Object or not, you just wanted to take revenge on Oppa. Just like all the woman out there, you are searching for my brother’s money.”


“Not me but maybe you, Ahjoong.” Yuri said, with a smart smile on her face.

 

Ahjoong threw another broccoli into , trying to calm herself down. Taehyun watched in awe, enjoying the sight, “I work as a model. I married your brother because of the baby, not because of money.”

 

Yuri stirred her soup in small circles. She then looked up at Ahjoong. Her family wasn’t rich at all, “For what reason, Ahjoong, did you agree to sleep with Doyeon Oppa?” Everyone stare at Yuri while Taehyun continue eating his applesauce. Truly, they were eating. Doyeon changed position. This going on conversation wasn’t going to be comfortable, “You hated him, didn’t you? I know there isn’t any love in for him from you. Why? Was it because of me?”


“You don’t want to hear my answer.” She said, after a sip of her water.


“Actually, I would love to hear your answer. I’m all ears.”

 

Ahjoong her thin pink lips. Doyeon raised his hand. As much as he wanted to hear his wife’s answer, he needed to stop this argument, “I think that’s enough for tonight, Ahjoong, Yuri.”


“Nonsense, Doyeon Oppa!” His wife said angrily, “I will give your sister my answer if she wants it!”

 

The room went quieted once again. Ahjoong ate another broccoli while Taehyun still stared in awe. She took a sip of her water. Clearing , the doorbell interrupted her. Ahjoong frowned in irritation. Everyone let out his or her waiting breath. Yuri got up & laid her napkin down.


“I will go get it. You all continue eating.” She straightened her purple ¾ sleeves, belted cowl neck a-line sweater dress & walked out of the kitchen. One look out of the window, Yuri wished their dinner wasn’t interrupted. She opened the door & glanced at Jaejoong. He lit up a small, thin smile.


“Hey Yuri.”

 

She nodded her head, “Hello.” She then bit her glossy pink lips, “Why don’t you come in? We are just having dinner with Doyeon & Ahjoong.”

 

He shook his head, “No thanks. I had already ate. I came here to talk to you.”

 

Her brows narrowed, “I can’t…”


“It’s urgent.” He added, “& private.”

 

Yuri stared at him weirdly & then nodded. Stepping down onto the porch, she left the door open an inch. He looked away. Yuri still didn’t trust being alone with him yet. She rubbed her arms, even though it was warm out in the dark night.

 

“You said you wanted to talk.” She said grimly, “I don’t have much time.”

 

‘You never do.’ He thought, as he turned back to her, “The schedule, Yuri, we need to work it out. You are not satisfied with any of the time, even with Hyunnie being with you every other month.”

 

She notice impatience in his voice, “I’m sorry that I’m making you wait but I’m working with it. I’m deciding to go back to the states next week with Hyunnie. I…”


“There’s no way you are taking Hyunnie back to the states just like that.”


“But there’s no way he will be staying here.” She said, with a cross of her arm.

 

Jaejoong raked a hand through his already messy hair, “Look, Yuri, I...I.” He trailed off. Should he say, Yuri, I had been thinking about remarrying you? No, she will think he was insane. What could he think to make her say yes so easily?


“Jaejoong Oppa, I don’t really have time.”


“Why don’t you stay here in Korea?”


“It’s not my place. I have my own job & my own home.”


“It will be easier for Hyunnie.”


“No.” Yuri objected, “It will be easier for Hyunnie if you leave him with me.” She pressed her lips together.

 

“If I take him with me, you can come & visit him anytime you want. I won’t be averse.”

 

Jaejoong shook his head, “That’s so less time for him & me. I do need to spend time with him, Yuri. My job could take me away.”

 

Again, she notice an impatient tone from him. What was wrong with the man? Had he only come here to make the night worst? “This isn’t private nor urgent. Why would you ask me to talk to you?”

 

He hesitated at her frustrated voice, “Because maybe remarrying will be the best for Hyunnie’s sake.” He blurted out, giving him her mind.

 

Her narrowed her brows. Her heart skipped a beat at the word of remarrying. She parted her lips, trying to let out her sigh.


“Remarried? I don’t know where you are getting at but I…”


“Yuri…”


“No, listen, Oppa. This isn’t a game where we can toss Hyunnie back & forth. I don’t know or care about that game but you.” Yuri trailed off, with a curse.


“This isn’t a game, Yuri. I really…”


“This is getting nowhere, Oppa. Goodbye.” She turned around sharply, afraid of what he had up those sleeves of his. He tried to stop her before she entered the house but he stopped himself. As the door slammed, he cursed. He should had rethink, he should had.