Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 47

 

Her stare sent a tingly sensation through his soft, white milky skin & up into his brain. It made him uncomfortable but yet, he couldn’t help but feel more warmth. As he opened the car door of Taehyun’s side, he could feel coldness then the warmth again. She just blinked. His heart throbbed. His breathing started to slow down as he could feel her glare go deeper into his back.


“Daddy, Hyunnie out.”

 

Jaejoong came back to reality as his son started to whine again. He pushed a smile on, “I’m getting there, Hyunnie. Just be patient with daddy.” At last, he got Taehyun out as he tried to ignore the dark stare from Yuri. She was somewhere inside the house, looking out at everything that he was doing. He was sure even when he breathe she could feel it, “There we go.” He picked Taehyun up & let him stood on the ground with his wee feet.


“Daddy, t-rex.” He pointed to the dinosaur. Jaejoong winked at him & clawed through the car to the t-rex. He grabbed it by the pointy feet & handed it over to Taehyun. The boy held onto it with more of the ground’s support. Jaejoong came out of the car & closed the door with the baby bag hanging on his arm. He looked down & frowned.


“Hyunnie?”


“Right here, daddy.” His giggles came to him. He walked to the back & chuckled. The dinosaur was definitely big. He took hold of the t-rex & freed Taehyun from getting prison. The little guy did nothing but giggled. He looked up at Jaejoong, “Hyunnie alright.”


“That’s great to hear.” Jaejoong pretended to wipe off a sweat from his forehead, “Your mommy would had killed me.”

 

He took Taehyun’s hand & carried the dinosaur with his other. Looking up, he saw Yuri standing at the window of the living room. He looked back at her with nothing but a sorry expression but with that, nothing changed the way of how she was still looking at him. Her hair was pulled up into a bun. She had her arms over her chest. Her immense eyes were full of dark hatred pointing at him & yes, she was fully angry with him. He did expect her, too.

 

Taehyun started waving, “Hello, mommy.” He took his gaze away from Yuri & looked down at Taehyun, “Let’s go in.”

 

He opened the gate at a leisurely pace. Taehyun dropped his hands & ran the rest of the way to the door. Too short to ring the doorbell, he knocked with his miniature knuckles. Jaejoong looked towards the window again. She was still standing there, staring at him rudely instead of opening the door for Taehyun. He grimaced at her stubbornness. Didn’t she miss their son at all?

 

He tucked his hands into his pocket & walked to the door while looking down at the cement sidewalk. Before he could reached the door, someone opened it & Taehyun ran inside. He stepped onto the porch gracefully. When he finally reached the door, he saw Mina standing before him. Pulling a smile on, he nodded a greeting & said, “Hey Min.”


“Hey.” She greeted afterwards, “What changed your mind?”

 

Jaejoong raised a brow, “Nothing really.”

 

He heard a sigh coming out from her, “Look, Jaejoong Oppa, my sister would do better if you stop doing this. It’s hard enough for her. It’s better if you don’t come in.”

 

Somewhere inside, Jaejoong could feel his heart dropping. He took a step forward, “I need to talk with Yuri.” She hesitated, “I’m sorry but…”


“Please, Mina?” She hesitated again, but finally, she stepped aside, “Thank you.” He walked in & waited for her to close the door. Turning back to her, he handed the t-rex & baby bag over, “Can you go put these up in Hyunnie’s room?”

 

Her eyes widened. Mina now just realized that he was carrying the big dinosaur. She nodded & took them. He worded another thank you & walked towards the living room. Before walking directly in, he studied the scene that was happening in front of him. His heart suddenly lightened.


“Mommy, what is wrong?” Taehyun cried, shaking Yuri’s hand. She paid him no attention. Her whole attention was directed outside. Jaejoong knows that she was looking at him earlier but somehow, right now, she was acting weird. She acted as if their son wasn’t there at all. She acted as if she was somewhere else other then in her old home, somewhere like heaven, “Mommy.” Taehyun’s cries ran throughout the house.

 

As Jaejoong couldn’t take it anymore, he walked over & took Taehyun into his arms, “Daddy.” He said, through his muffles of cries, “Mommy won’t talk to Hyunnie.” Jaejoong nodded with a swallow. He averted his attention to his ex-wife.


“Yuri.” He said softly. She blinked but her attention was still outside, “Yuri.” He repeated her name, but this time, his voice was rough. His heart speeded twice its speed & punctuated his breathing. His stare turned into a glare. Turning around with Taehyun in his arms, he walked as Mina entered the living room. Her eyes widened again, “Would you do me a favor, Min?”

 

She nodded, “Sure, what is it?”

 

He hesitated, “Take Hyunnie upstairs & don’t let him come down until I come & get him myself.” He handed his son over to Mina, even through all of Taehyun’s cries & kicking. He turned back around but was hurt as his son kept calling out his & Yuri’s names. Mina stood there, wanting to argue but Jaejoong had already walked away. She held onto Taehyun tightly & walked back up the stairs while hating to leave Yuri alone with him.

 

Jaejoong crossed his arms & glared angrily at her childish behavior. She lifted her chin up a bit. With that, he grew more frustrated. What was wrong with her? Before, she hated to give him their son but now, she ignored Taehyun like he wasn’t there at all.

 

“Yuri.” His voice was coarse again.

 

She still ignored him. He let out a frustrated breath & dropped his hands. With a flash, his fingers brushed against her slowly. She turned to him quickly but as he looked up from his mistake, it happened in a slow motion process. He blinked slowly while she did so. His breathing had somehow slowed down. He took a step back while she folded her tender hands together & tried to rub off the taste of his skin from the touch. From then, he noticed her innocence as she rubbed her hands. An arrow went through his pumping heart as he now knows that she can’t stand his touch.


“Why did you ignored Hyunnie?” He asked, after the recovery.

 

She lifted her chin in a stubborn way he had once loved, “I think that’s none of your business.”


“Why shouldn’t it? I have every right to know why you just ignored our son.” Jaejoong said, almost in a raging voice, “That was very childish, Yuri. Just because I lied didn’t mean you had to be so much like the woman I had never known in you.”


“It has nothing to do with your damn lies! I choose to ignore Hyunnie because I chose, too. Why do you think you always have something to do with what goes on around me? What I do is none of your business, Jaejoong Oppa.” She said, without a calm voice.

 

He squinted his eyes, “Then what I do with Hyunnie is none of your business. Is that what you mean, Yuri?” She didn’t answer him but continued to stare at him. He let out a restrained breath & raked his hair like a madman, “That just proves to me that you aren’t the mother of who I thought you were.” He said in a low voice, but still showed anger.

 

As Jaejoong crossed his arms again, silence emerged. He was still staring at her while she had averted to stare at something else. He his lips, still not liking the way of how she took this in.


“Yuri.” He hesitated before continuing, “I want to change Hyunnie’s last name.”

 

She shot her head up abruptly. He flinched, feeling her eyes throwing scorching flames at him. He opened his mouth to explain but she beat him to it.


“What?” She asked, unbelieving what she was hearing, “You came barging in here to sue me. You came barging in here to take my son away & now, you came barging in here to change my son’s last name.” She said, without serenity & let out a horrifying breath, “Damn you, Kim Jaejoong! Damn you to hell!” She exclaimed again, throwing her arms about.


“Yuri…”

 

The ring of the doorbell interrupted him. Her lips were shaking uncontrollably over her raising temper. He swallowed tightly, wanting to explain this to her. They stood there, looking at each other & ignoring the doorbell after its second ring. Footsteps ran down from upstairs & into the living room. Mina emerged at the living room arch & looked at them worriedly. She hesitated & turned away to open the door.

 

Even through their harsh stares, they were listening to the voices at the door. Yuri’s brows deepened as she heard Jaejoong’s parents’ voices but she dared not move from her unmovable position. They came at the time of fight, how lovely, she thought with anger running through her veins. She blinked & read his eyes. Her heart throbbed. He knew they were coming over.

 

Jaejoong smiled a downcast, thin smile. He cursed under his breath. Why did his parents have to arrive at the time he most wanted them not to? It was already bad. He didn’t want this solution to turn worst & more upside down.

 

Mina walked into the living room with a fake smile on. Mr & Mrs. Kim appeared afterwards. Their smiles disappear at the tenseness of the room. Their eyes shifted from one to another. By then, they knew that an argument had occurred before they had interrupted.


“Hello Yuri.” Mrs. Kim uttered out a word from the silent room.

 

Yuri nodded a greeting with her arms crossed & passed another nod to Mr. Kim; he accepted it with a generous smile.


“Mommy.” Taehyun’s voice called.

 

Mina frowned & turned around. She gasped when she saw Taehyun standing five feet away from her, “How did you get down here, Hyunnie?”


“Granny help.” He said, somewhat proudly.

 

She let out a relieved breath, “You scared me.” Looking up from Taehyun, she saw her mother smiling, “Mom, thank god you were there.”


“Hyunnie came to my room & asked for help down the stairs.”


“Where is mommy?” He asked. Mina smiled down at him & pointed somewhere in Yuri’s direction. Taehyun put on his puppy face & followed where his aunt was pointing. He passed his grandparents & grinned up at them. They smiled back with a wave. He scratched his cheek lightly with his index finger. He turned away & saw his mommy right away, standing eight feet away from his daddy. He began to pout.


“Mommy, Hyunnie sorry.”

 

Yuri swallowed & glanced down at her son. She blinked & turned away slowly. Taehyun’s lips began to shake uncontrollably.


“Mommy.”

 

Jaejoong cursed silently, fair enough that their son couldn’t hear. He bent down & took Taehyun into his arms. Wiping the boy’s tears away, he said, “Mommy isn’t very happy now, Hyunnie. You shouldn’t be sorry. You didn’t do anything wrong. Daddy did. Now, don’t cry or mommy won’t be happy anymore. Be daddy & mommy’s good boy. Smile that lovely smile daddy & mommy loves. Come on, you can do it.”

 

Taehyun tried his best to do so. He smiled but then the next moment, the smile was gone. His lips began to shake again. Jaejoong sighed & looked at Yuri, “Smile, little guy. We are going to the zoo together, you, daddy & mommy. Just like I promise.” He saw Yuri flinch.

 

“Really?” Taehyun asked, as he wiped the tears off of his face with the back of his hands.


“Yes.” He replied.

 

Taehyun averted his head to look at Yuri, “Mommy, we go to the zoo.”

 

She averted & accidentally threw her glare at Taehyun while meaning to throw it at Jaejoong. Taehyun whimpered & hugged onto his daddy’s heather grey arizona uniform pique polo shirt tighter. Jaejoong shot a glare at Yuri while her heart fell at what she had just done. God blessed her son; she didn’t mean to do that at all.


“Sweetie.” Yuri reached out for him but he pulled back & buried his face into Jaejoong’s chest. She cried inwardly. Her son refused her for the first time since he was born. Had she turned in a sinister mother?

 

A/N: you readers might find some similarities to one of my stories with yuri as one of the main characters :)