Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 25

 

“Why didn’t you tell me, Jaejoong Oppa?” Ahjoong repeated, “Yuri cheated on you, didn’t she?”

 

“I have no idea what you are talking about, June. Yuri had never cheated on me before. I cheated on her.” Jaejoong said, still not understanding her, “What made you think that?”


“That kid. You knew she remarried & you didn’t tell me?”


“I’m sorry, June.” He said, taking in a deep breath.

 

She held onto the chair in front of her, “Yuri cheated…”


“June. Yuri didn’t cheat on me.”


“Then how could she had remarried so fast & have that kid? A woman would never do that unless they cheated on their husband & then marry a man not five months after the divorce.”

 

Jaejoong stared at Ahjoong & blinked, “No, June. I don’t believe so. Yuri would never cheat on me.” He turned his face away, “She’s too sweet to do that.”


“Oppa.”


“Enough June. I know you are surprises by finding all of this out but you have to accept it.” He walked over to the desk & picked his briefcase up, “I’m already late for my case. I will see you later.” He was about to walk out of the door when her voice broke out.


“I’m going to the hospital.”

 

Jaejoong turned around to face her, “You will not.” He said, too rudely. She flinched. He knew her intentions. She wanted to go & pay Yuri a long time visit after not seeing her at the house.


“I am, Oppa. I’m going to ask her everything & make her answer me truthfully.” Ahjoong said, angry with her brother after his rude voice.


“I told you, June, that Yuri didn’t cheat on me.”


“How could you be so sure, Oppa? Yuri could have cheated on you unnoticed. She had been gone for four years & came back with a grown up son. Where is her husband then? Her lover could had abandoned them.” “Dammit Ahjoong!” He hissed, but controlled his temper, “Don’t talk about Yuri like that.”


“& damn her! I’m your sister, Oppa, & your ex-wife is more important than your blood sister?”


“You are my sister, June, & I love you but talking like that about my ex-wife doesn’t sound like you at all. Before Yuri & I had even separate, you hated her but now, you hated her more. I’m sorry that I had been such a wretched brother for you & married Yuri in the first place but back then, I loved her.” He paused, not believing that he hadn’t said those words about Yuri for four years but that was just back then, “Am I such a wretched brother to you, my beloved sister?” He asked, finally placing a smile on his face.

 

Ahjoong looked down at the ground. Ashamed, she felt. Had Jaejoong been thinking that he had been a bad brother to her just because he married the woman she hated at first sight? God, she loves him. He’s the best brother ever that she had ever wished for. Jaejoong, a wretched brother? Would he have helped her when she got in trouble at school? He had never even stolen her favorite doll when they were kids. All was her fault for making him feel like a wretched brother. She was part of the reason that had ruined his & Yuri’s marriage. If she would had never brought Jessica to their home, if she would had never hated Yuri, Jaejoong would had never feel like such contrite brother.

 

“June.” He said. She brought her head up, tears swelling in her eyes. Jaejoong, feeling like he had caused all the problems of her crying, walked up to Ahjoong & hugged her, “I’m so sorry. Yell at me if you want, too. I made you cry. Such a stupid brother I’m to you & look at this beautiful, wonderful, little sister that dad & mom had brought to me. Am I not a lucky brother?”

 

Ahjoong choked out a laugh along with her cries, “No, I’m the lucky one here. I’m sorry. It’s just the hate temptation that got me like this. If I hate someone, I can’t stop hating them, Oppa.”

 

He closed his eyes & nodded, “I understand you.” He pulled back & smiled sorrowfully, “Please don’t think that Yuri cheated on me. She never did. I was the unfaithful one. Do you believe me now?”

 

She looked down unsure, “I...I don’t know.” She brought her head up again, “I’m sorry.”

 

Jaejoong shook his head, “Never mind, June.” He said, with a sigh, not believing that Ahjoong didn’t trust him, “I have to go now. Do you want me to take you home?”


“No.” She took her purse from the chair & walked over to the door.


“June.” Jaejoong said, stopping her before she opened the door, “Promise me you won’t go to the hospital today.”

 

There was a moment of silence. Ahjoong played with her fingernails. She took in a deep breath & let it out. Fixing the end of her skirt, she nodded her head, “I promise.”


“Thank you.” He said, & let out a breath he didn’t know that he was holding.

 

Yuri looked at the doctor then back at her mom. Her eyes shined with deep tears but she kept them in. She stood up when the old doctor stood. Her hands grabbed his arm, “Please doctor? Just let my mom out for that day? I promise just for saturday & that’s only for one day.”


“Again, Ms. Kwon, the law of this hospital is strict. No patient is allowed to go out of the hospital’s district.” The doctor said.


“But just let me talk to the proprietor. I’m sure he will understand me.”

 

He shook his head, “There’s no chance you can meet him. He’s busy with his own patients.”


“But…”


“Ms. Kwon. This is no place to talk. Your mother is sleeping. This is no sense. I…”


“What is no sense, Dr. Chang?”

 

Yuri looked towards the door & saw Mr. Kim dressed in his white doctor suit. God blessed her, she forgot that her ex-father-in-law was a doctor. What was wrong with her? Yuri removed her hand from the doctor’s arm & rested beside her, “Good afternoon, Mr. Kim.”

 

He passed her an assuring smile, “Good afternoon to you too, Yuri. How is your mom?”

 

“She’s doing fine.” Yuri turned her attention back Dr. Chang, “Please doctor, just for one day?”


“I’m sorry but I…”

 

Again, Mr. Kim interrupted him, “What is this all about? Can I help?”


“No.” She quickly answered, her eyes cast to Mr. Kim again. No, she doesn’t need any help from him nor his family. Help will just go into further trouble. No matter how nice they are to her, she can’t expect anyone’s help from the man that had hurtled her. No charity or help on further notices.


“Really Yuri. I know that there is something wrong. I’m a doctor. Maybe I can help. Is it your mom?”

 

“No, sir.” Dr. Chang spoke up for Yuri, “She wanted her mother to leave the hospital for some emergency in another country on saturday but the laws can’t be broken so I…”


“Then I say break it, doctor.” Mr. Kim said, as if like a commander.


“Pardon, sir? But the laws…”


“Do I have to say it again? Or should I just fire you?”

 

His eyes widened, “No, sir. Good day.” He said, & walked out of the door without a blink of an eye.

 

Yuri stared at Mr. Kim. He smiled, “I’m sorry about that, Yuri.”

 

She frowned & then her eyes widened, “You are the proprietor?”

 

He nodded, “I bought this hospital about eight years ago. I couldn’t had live without this beauty here.” He touched the wall & smoothed it.


“I...I’m sorry but you didn’t have to break your own laws.”

 

Mr. Kim shrugged, “It’s alright with me.” He took a glance at Mrs. Kwon, “I had been so busy I didn’t even have time to visit your mom until now.” He looked back at Yuri, “Dr. Chang says that you are taking your mom out of the country for some emergency.”

 

Yuri blushed for lying & shook her head, “No. I just made that excuses so Dr. Chang will let my mom out.”

 

He raised his eyebrows, “What’s the really reason?”

 

She let out a deep breath & walked over to the bed. Soothing Mrs. Kwon’s hand, Yuri sat down on the chair, not sure if she should tell him, “Since I hadn’t been here for years, I wanted to go on a tour with my family on saturday.” She looked up at him, “I’m sorry for lying but I had, too.”

 

“I understand & I’m sure your mom is strong enough to go touring.” He sat down from across of her, “About the welcome back party, have you made your decision yet?”

 

She felt herself flush again. Yesterday, Mrs. Kim had just asked her but today was to fast for her to make a decision. Rather to think, her answer was just going to be a shake of her head, “I haven’t think over it yet but it still is going to be a no. I’m sorry but I just can’t accept it.”


“Nari & I had planned the party for saturday, the same day as the touring.”


“What? You planned it already?” She asked, too surprises.


“We thought of it to be on saturday but we haven’t sent out the invitations yet. I know it’s too early. We are still waiting for your reply.”


“The reply is no.” Said Yuri.


“Your mom will be out that day, Yuri. I want you to think it over.”

 

She shook her head, “Thank you for whatever you are trying to do but my answer will be a no, no matter what. I won’t change my mind. I know that you & Mrs. Kim want me to feel welcome back happily but I already am, rather my mom is sick or not.”

 

His lips thinned, “I got your reply exactly.” He got up & straightened his coat, “If you need help, just call me. Have a good day.” He walked over to the door, opened it & walked out.

 

Yuri sighed when the door closed behind Mr. Kim. She had raised her voice & she somehow felt embarrass. Never had her voice went that high to her ex-in-laws. She was always polite & kept her manners like her mom had taught her but somewhat, her manners wanted to change. Everything of what had changed Yuri blamed the man that was her ex-husband. He changed everything & nothing was left to her normality.

 

Mr & Mrs. Kim had tried to make everything work with her again, but she was pushing them away. Throwing a welcome back party is nothing that will help her. He will surely be there with his fiance but it wasn’t as if it mattered to her. She had her son, the son that will help her through anything. Tiny, he was but he can still be the biggest helper of all.

 

She smiled for the first time that day since she had left the house. Taehyun had cried again, when she won’t let him come with her & again, she made a promise to take him to the zoo when they get home. Why does she always have to make promises to her son? Not only was she making false promises but also, she was lying more than one time a day to her son about his true father. Will he be hunted down with her lies very day until she tells him the truth? Or will her little son find out the truth before he will turn into another age?


Yuri shook her head. Those questions, she can never answer.