Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 85

 

Yuri quickly took the cake out of the oven & placed it on the handy towel. She turned back around & placed another batter of cake into the oven & shut it with a thud. Mina bumped into her & apologized. Yuri burst out laughing, the water & started to wash the carrots.


“What are you laughing about?” Her sister asked, not having much fun from running about the kitchen, preparing for the party that night.

 

Yuri looked over her shoulders, “Nothing much. I just hadn’t had this much fun in years. To think about it, I miss these kinds of parties before christmas.” She laughed again, at the look on Mina’s face, “Seems like you are not having much fun.”

 

“Of course not. Cooking isn’t my style.” She started to munch on a carrot, “& it will never be.”

 

“Will you cook for Taecyeon then?”

 

Mina blushed, “Now, that’s a different matter.” She took a huge bite of the carrot, “You should had just hired a chef or so for this kind of fancy party. You will never have fun. Remember, Taecyeon Oppa’s going to be the DJ tonight.”

 

“I’m certainly having fun. Besides, Jaejoong Oppa did suggest hiring one but I decline it. Go on & have fun. Guests are arriving. Be the hostess for me if you don’t mind.”


“With Taecyeon Oppa along, I will certainly be the hostess.” Mina turned to leave but then turned back, “There’s only three days before christmas. I counted thirty-five presents under the tree & half of them are for Hyunnie from you & Jaejoong Oppa. Eighteen are for you which I’m sure three of them are from Jaejoong Oppa & five are for Jaejoong Oppa. Don’t tell me you are giving him only one present & eight of them were from Hyunnie.”

 

Yuri had the desiccant to blush, “I couldn’t find anything suitable for him.”


“Right.” Mina snorted sarcastically, “I will be going now. If you need any help just shout.”

 

Yuri turned off the water as Mina left. She placed the carrots on the cutting board & started slicing them into fourths. Yes, she had only gotten one present for Jaejoong. Nothing came to her path that got her attention. Nor did anything fit such a husband like him. Christmas was approaching fast & he had gotten too many kisses from her under the mistletoe which got her blushing too many times in front of their families. Even if she was thinking about it now, it still sent her blushing but she still wouldn’t say those three words to him. He had her acting so but will wait for her to say she loves him. She declined her love for him to anyone that asked her so, even her mother when he was eavesdropping. She did mean to put salt into his coffee. He deserved it & when he went off, she couldn’t help but smile. The smack he sent on her behind five nights ago had sent her gasping for air.

 

Yuri let the smile on her face widen. With christmas going on, Taehyun had been sleeping with them. It was a matter of luck for her, though she had to admit she wanted him during those nights. He has the hand to wake her up anywhere.


“Hey, beauty.”


“Hey. What are you doing in here?” He didn’t answer her but slip his arms around her waist, “Oppa, I’m sli…”

 

He had covered with his. His tongue s into her opened mouth too quickly. She smiled & responded. Just this one kiss then she will go back to slicing the carrots. His hands smoothed her belly while he kissed her harder. She groaned.


“I miss this. What about tonight?” He asked, between hungry kisses.

 

“Afraid not. Too many mistletoes for you.”

 

He pulled back from the kiss & stared at her passionately but innocently, “What mistletoes? I haven’t had a chance to kiss you this week at all. Much less in bed.” He grumbled Taehyun’s name.


“Don’t be angry at him. We did have guests sleeping over.” She pulled out of his grasps & moved to get a plate. He followed her.


“What are you doing in here?”


“I’m cooking.”


“You don’t have, too. Why don’t you go change? Guests are arriving & I want them to see my y wife instead of a wife cover in powder.”


“What’s wrong with a wife cover in powder?”


“Nothing, except that I can’t kiss her that well.”

 

Yuri shook her head & moved back to place the sliced carrots neatly in the plate. She opened the refrigerator & took out a bottle of salad dressing. As she turned around, Jaejoong started munching on a piece of carrot. He took the plastic bottle from her & set it on the counter. Taking the last bite from the carrot, he leaned forward, circled his arms around her & started to untie the string of the apron. He pulled the apron over her head & threw it onto the table.


“Go get y for me.”

 

“Oppa…”

 

“I already called my mom’s chef & server. They are heading over here right now.” He kissed her cheek husbandly, “I chose a dress from your wardrobe already. It’s lying on the bed.” She stared at him disapprovingly which only made him smile, “Or would you rather prefer me dressing you up?”

 

“That would be unnecessary since I have hands of my own. Now, I just need.” She sniffed the air & groaned. Half-running past him, Yuri quickly open the oven & started coughing. She fanned the air away only to be pulled back from the smoke by a pair of arms.

 

“Are you alright?” Jaejoong asked, wiping her face.


No. Look what you did.” She coughed, “You burned the cake.”

 

“I did no such things.” He kissed her forehead, “But I should apologize if you blame it on me. Now, go upstairs & get dress. My mom’s chef would be here very soon.”

 

Yuri growled with a cough, “Fine, I will be back down.” She turned & walked out before he can follow her. Walking upstairs through the christmas lighted banisters & hall, Yuri entered the bedroom. The dress she held up was one Jaejoong had picked out a few weeks ago. She took a quick shower or a rather cold one & slipped the midnight sequins neston maternity dress on. She pulled her hair together into a low ponytail without much fancy & walked right back out.

 

Just as Yuri would had thought, he was waiting by the stairs just for her. Taking her by the arm, he kissed her thoroughly & deeply before letting her go.

 

He started to walk with her hanging onto his arm, “Most people are in the parlor. Others are in the dinning room, getting some refreshments & some are out at the creek. Which would you prefer to go?”


“It’s dark out already & I’m not hungry yet. I will call on the parlor.”


“Lovely choice.” He made a turn to the left, “Taecyeon had already started the music in there. Want to dance?” “Later.” They entered the parlor just as Yuri spotted Yoona, Junsu’s wife. She slipped out of Jaejoong’s arms but not before his lips smack on hers again. For there, he confessed, was a mistletoe hanging above them. Pulling from the kiss, Yuri looked up but saw nothing. She gave him a look & walked away.


“Hey, Yoon.” Yuri greeted the woman, who was sitting on the thick bear fur lying before the fireplace. She chose a place beside her, reached for a marshmallow & popped it into .


“Hey, Yuri. I’m just putting Inhye to sleep. She’s been a bother to Junsu Oppa today.” Yoona pulled out the bottle of milk from the rosebud lips & placed beside her, “She couldn’t sleep yesterday night & kept Oppa up.” She laughed, “I hope she didn’t bother you & Jaejoong Oppa.”


“Not at all. Hyunnie had been talking non-stop yesterday night anyway.” She popped another marshmallow into & was about to speak when she heard a familiar voice from behind.

 

“I thought I got the wrong house.”

 

Yuri looked over her shoulder & smiled. Getting up carefully, she remarked, “I thought you will never come.” “& miss out on this party? Never.” Donghae said, looking around him, “You have a lovely house here.”

 

“Thank you &...um, this is Yoona Kim & her baby girl, Inhye.” Yoona had gotten up, curious who the newcomer was, “Yoona, this is Lee Donghae, a teacher & coach at the same school that I’m working for.” They exchanged a few words before Yoona excuses herself to go put Inhye in the room that she & Junsu had been sleeping in.


“Do you usually held these christmas parties?”


“Well.” She hesitated, “This is the first christmas party that my husband & I had ever held. The others, my parents & in-laws had.”


“That’s quite nice.”

 

Yuri nodded. The first christmas she had ever had with Jaejoong together when they were married was at his parents’ house & this was the second christmas. There weren’t no others in the past. Yuri hadn’t told him how long she had been married with Jaejoong in the past & maybe it was best for her not to tell. He was still interested in her.

 

Before she can even stir up a conversation, she spotted Jaejoong walking towards them. Her heart beat quickened & her back turned hotter & hotter near the fireplace. Of course, he had known that she would invite her friends from school but he didn’t know whom in specific. She wouldn’t have told him, anyhow, he would have never let her invite him. Jaejoong dislikes the man that much.

 

To her surprises, he didn’t drag her away. Instead, he invited Donghae warmly. His voice was undistinguished as he started a conversation. To her luck, Jaejoong didn’t touch her. If he would have, she was sure she had melt uncontrollably & as his eyes slanted towards her, her heart sunk. He was giving her a warning; not having a man-to-man talk with Donghae. Jaejoong smiled, excused himself & not giving her another glance, he walked away.


“Do...Do you want some refreshments?” She stuttered, & walked on ahead without waiting for his answer. When she reached the dining room, she grabbed a cup of champagne instead of having a regular punch. He started a conversation, changing from her house to the games & then back to her house. Was she paying attention? She didn’t know. Some of his words sunk in while some went out the other ear.


Yuri grabbed another cup of champagne & threw the empty cup she had just been holding for three seconds into the trash. Mr. Kim walked in, looked at her & then shifted his gaze to the man beside her. He frowned slightly & walked towards them. Yuri massaged the back of her neck & greeted her father-in-law with a slant-drunken smile. She made the introduction a bit draggy & cursed herself silently while they talked. Mr. Kim turned to look at her in the middle of the conversation & frowned again.


“How many cups have you had, Yuri?”

 

She held up one finger which was a big lie, “One but I’m really good at holding myself up.”

 

Mr. Kim squinted his eyes quizzically, making the wrinkles on his forehead show. He sighed & sipped on his coffee. He was sure she was drunk, “I think you had enough to drink. Where’s Jaejoong?”

 

Yuri closed one eye, trying to shut out the pain in her head. She had never had more than half a cup of champagne & being drunk was surely weird. Did Mr. Kim have another twin? “He.” She winced, “I don’t know but he hates me.”


“I will go get him.” Mr. Kim said, with a grimace, taking her cup which she tried to lurch forward & get it back. Donghae held her by the shoulders as she waved. Yuri groaned & grabbed another cup of champagne. As she took a sip, it was jerked out of her grasps. The champagne poured down her chin & neck. Another hard throbbing kicked her head. She moaned & pulled out of Donghae’s hold.


“Why did you do that? Give me back my champagne.”


“You are clearly drunk, Yuri.”

 

She squinted her eyes, “I am? Why are there three of you? Oh, so you are triplets.” She giggled & covered , “You are cute, have I ever told you that? But it’s bad because I’m a married woman.” She sighed & then giggled, “I...uh, don’t like my husband. He thinks that I love him. He is wrong. Yeah, he’s wrong. I...uh.” She waved. Donghae quickly caught her by the shoulders, “Am I drunk?”


“People’s looking, Yuri. Please get a hold of yourself?”

 

She grunted, turned around & grabbed another cup. She quickly raised it to & was able to drink half of it before Donghae jerk it out of her hands again, “You are so mean!” She exclaimed, with a squeaky voice. Throwing her hands out, she knocked the cup out of his hands, spilling the champagne onto the gleaming floor. Donghae quickly grabbed a couple of napkins & went down on his knees.


Yuri sighed as if bored & walked away. Her movements were drunk & her eyes kept closing back & forth, trying to get them to focus. She walked down the dark hall, passing people now & then. Seeing that the back door was open, she walked that way. Her hands were against the wall for support. As she reached the threshold, the cold breeze brushed against her. She giggled & walked onto the porch & then her foot touched the soft, damp ground somehow.

 

No one was about. She made her way towards the bank of the creek & wandered off, following the current. The trees grew thicker but she didn’t notice. Walking closer to the creek, Yuri dipped her toes into the water & gasped with joy. She looked up & saw the full moon. That was the only thing that was giving her light. She sighed & then giggled. Turning around, she gasped.


“What are you doing out here? It’s freezing cold.”


“Who are you?”


Jaejoong laughed. He grabbed her arms & squeezed it. She whined & tried to pull away, “Now, you don’t even recognize your own husband?”


“Ow, let go of me. You are hurting my arm.”


“& I don’t want to, Yul, but you are tempting me.” He sneered, “So, you let out the words to that damn coach! I shouldn’t have been surprises. You hate me. You dislike me. You don’t love me but you think that that damn coach is cute?! You said it in front of his face.”


“Ow, if you want to kill me, do it now. It will be less painful.”

 

Jaejoong dropped his arms. He groaned loudly with a curse. Closing his eyes, he turned around & ran two frustrated hands through his hair. Did his own wife think that he had kill her? Damn the champagne & hell, did she forget about that unborn baby in her belly?! He averted quickly & pulled her into his arms. He knew he was hurting her ribs but he couldn’t help himself.


“I’m sorry, darling.”


Yuri made some soft sounds & snuggled into his arms, thinking that the man was a stranger but the stranger’s chest reminded her of someone. She sighed & closed her eyes, “That cute man says that I’m drunk but am I?” He pressed her closer to his chest & warmed her, “Damn, you are!”