Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 64

 

Days had gone by faster than what she had thought it to be. A week had passed already with Taehyun’s crying creasing of moving away from his sweet home. Even with Jaejoong’s explanation of why the little guy won’t be going back home, he still couldn’t understand but with the wedding coming up, he was more then excited, even though he knew little about weddings.

 

Yuri took in a deep breath & let it out gradually. She stared at her reflection in the mirror & ran her hand down the new white ball-gown one-shoulder cathedral train organza wedding dress with ruffle flowers. She had suggested wearing her old wedding dress but it was too dusty & loose on her slender body that had changed during those four years. Her mother smiled for the first since she had arrived. Mrs. Kwon wasn’t happy in her heart but she was willing to be happy outside for her.


“You look beautiful, honey.” Mrs. Kwon said, brushing the dress lovingly.

 

She blinked & studied the dress again.

 

“I wish Jaejoong was here to see you.” Mrs. Kim said, fixing the back lace.

 

Yuri glanced away from the mirror & to the side. It was no help. There were mirrors everywhere in the shop. She had no idea how Mrs. Kim felt about the idea of losing such a sweet girl like Jessica to be her daughter-in-law. Sometimes, she had look so downhearted but then, sometimes, she would smile truthfully. Notwithstanding, Mrs. Kim had started to prepare everything in a hurry. Maybe it was because of how fast the wedding would be taking place.

 

Even Mr. Kim had been so quiet. He only smiled from time to time when Yuri forced to press a smile onto her lips. He only talked when asked questions. Was it her? Had she taken the place of being their daughter-in-law again, from their special Jessica they had known for four years?


“There’s still the wedding.” Yuri said, not paying any attention to anyone, “Besides, I’m not looking forward to meeting him today.”

 

Ashamed of what Yuri had said, Mrs. Kim fumbled with the lace. Mrs. Kwon looked up at her worriedly & let out a breath. Nobody was completely happy with the wedding; even those that wanted them to get marry again. Yuri placed the back of her hand on her forehead. Her shoulders slumped.


“I want to get out of this dress.” She whispered.

 

Both women looked up at her in surprises. Mrs. Kim had just finished with the lace & wasn’t at all ready to unlace all of them again. Mrs. Kwon shook her head lightly. She shouldn’t be surprises but she was. Yuri ran a hand down the dress again. She took a deep swallow. Just seeing her old wedding dress hours before, sweet memories had repressed her head again, with tears. The dress that was stick to her body now shouldn’t be living the life she will in three weeks. It will suffer as much as her, just hanging uselessly in a closet.

 

“Can you take the lace off, Mrs. Kim?” She asked impatiently, but in a calm voice.


“Do you not like it?”


“Of course, I do. I chose it & will buy it. It...It’s good.”

 

Not wanting to further the uncomfortable conversation, Mrs. Kim nodded & started to pulled the lace off. She understood completely but had never faced such problem. No woman wants to be in a wedding dress, knowing that she will get marry to a man she doesn’t love.

 

It seemed like hours after Mrs. Kim had unfastened the lace. She felt sick to the stomach, just wearing that wedding dress. What killed her the most were those horrible preparations for the wedding in the next hour. She didn’t enjoy them like every bride should; she hated them.

 

“What a beautiful wedding dress!” Mina exclaimed, taking it out of the box after they reached home. Yuri’s stomach growl in hatred.


“Please, Min, just looking at that dress makes ant crawl up my arm.”

 

Not surprised, Mina’s smile widened, “His breath will be gone when he sees you walking down that aisle. I’m sure he will fall back in love with you. Don’t you think?”


“You are acting like a little girl who just fell in love.”

 

Mina held the dress higher, “Oh, come on, Yuri, don’t be so rude. Not most women are this lucky. See to yourself that your wedding will be the most wonderful day in your life.”

 

‘That one day had already been destroyed.’ Yuri thought, with a grimace.


“I just can’t wait until I get marry.” Mina continued, “I wonder who my husband will be. He will be the most luckiest man on earth if he gets me.” Yuri pulled a smile on, “I will love him as much as you had love Jaejoong Oppa, Yuri. He will be…”


“That’s enough, Min. It’s getting late & I need my sleep. Goodnight.” Yuri her heels & stroll upstairs. Each step she took was a killer of love. She entered her bedroom & closed the door lightly, careful not to wake Taehyun up. His little snores could be heard from across the room. She pressed on a thin smile & sat on the bed.

 

Taehyun’s tuxedo was neatly placed beside him. He wouldn’t let anyone touch it unless they gave him something special in return like candy, of course. He was careful with his newly bought tux & told everyone to wash his or her hands first before touching it.

 

Yuri chuckled. Taehyun was surely ready for his mommy’s wedding day but she wasn’t.

 

He caught her by the wrist before she can walk away, “I need a partner, Yul. Besides, you are my fiance.”

 

Yuri shook her head, “I’m busy this weekend. I’m sorry.”

 

Jaejoong frowned at her. He came to her parents’ house, straight from work again, just to ask her the same question over again, from last week but she kept refusing. Why? He doesn’t know. It was just two weeks before their wedding day. Damn, how days had past!


“I asked you last week, Yul, & tomorrow’s the banquet. I need a partner badly.” He smiled then, “& I want to introduce my fiance.”


“It will be a small wedding.” She reminded him.

 

He grimaced, “I know.”

 

Yuri crossed her arms. Banquets, galas & parties will enter her life as soon as she marries him. Lawyers. She never really liked those banquets. Even Jaejoong knew that. The only thing she liked about them in the past was spending time with him.


“Please?” He added, with a small pout.

 

He had done the same since last week but had still not convinced her. What was wrong with him? Will he not at all accept a simple no?


“I have more preparations to be done with the wedding & it’s coming to a close tide. I can’t lose it now. You can go alone by yourself or take Mina along. I’m sure she’s not busy tomorrow.”

 

Jaejoong sighed, turned & walked to the small desk at the corner of her bedroom, “I will love to take her.” He said, glancing down at some papers, “But I want you to be my partner. It’s not a big job. You just have to come to the banquet with me, be my supporter while I say my speech, be the woman by my side while I show you off to those envious men & dance with me. Simple, is it not?”

 

He frowned down at the paper after finishing his words. Before he can read on, Yuri snatched the papers to her side.


“It’s a resume.” Jaejoong said in a confused voice. He narrowed his eyes in a question, “You are looking for a job?”


“Of course.” Yuri said, chin high, “I can’t just let you feed Hyunnie & me with your own money & I can’t just be a wife & mother. I need something to keep me busy.”

 

Somehow, he grew angry at her responses. She sounded as if she knew the future. Funny but not.


“You don’t need a job.” He said lowly in a manly voice.


“Well, I want one.”

 

“What I’m making can support you & Hyunnie along with me. You getting a job would only make things more complicated. I don’t want you working.”


“& why is that, Jaejoong Oppa? You care about my health after all, don’t you?” She snorted angrily, “I’m perfectly normal with a healthy heart. There’s no need for you to be concern about me more then you are right now.”

 

He exhaled easily. At least he thought he did. Yuri held her resume closer, afraid that he will snatch it away. His dark eyes laid on her. She narrowed her eyes but swallowed her last breath.


“There’s more than being concern about you. I.” He trailed off, on the sentence, “There’s Hyunnie.”

 

“I will find a daycare center for him. He loves it.”

 

Failed on one, Jaejoong snarled, “There is still no way I’m letting you off with a job. Dammit, Yul, I can support you! You will…”


“Stop it, Oppa.” She, herself, grew angry. There was no way she was going to let him control her life more than he was now, “I’m getting the job.”


“How do you know you will?”


“I know.”

 

He growled lowly & struck out his arms violently, “Fine, take the damn job but you are coming to the banquet with me! There’s no need for you to go shopping. I bought you a dress already. Wear it & be ready at five tomorrow sharp. I will pick you up.” He turned & walked to the bedroom door.


“There’s no way am I going to that banquet with you!” She hissed loudly.

 

He looked over his shoulders, “Then there’s no way you will be working.”

 

She squinted her eyes in rage but kept her anger down a bit, “I hate you.”

 

He smiled thinly, “& I like you.”

 

Jaejoong closed the door behind him, leaving her in a wrath of surprises. He exhaled again, wanting to punch something so badly. With fist at his sides, he walked downstairs. He will stay calm & play with his son for a while. He entered the living room, flexed his fists & picked Taehyun up from behind. The boy squealed in surprises & started to kick his feet in the air.


“Daddy!”

 

Jaejoong chuckled, “That’s me.” He set Taehyun down again, ruffled his hair & kissed his forehead. He kneeled down.


“What mommy say this time?”

 

Good lord, he tells Taehyun everything before asking Yuri. Taehyun, his little son & most trusted on. What would he have done without him? The little guy means everything to him.


“She couldn’t refuses me. I was too good.”

 

Taehyun giggled from behind his hands, “Hyunnie can’t go?”

 

Jaejoong shook his head sadly, “I would love for you to come with us but it’s only for big boys & girls.” “Hyunnie big boy.”


“You are.” Jaejoong ruffled his hair, “But not big enough. Hmmm, a few more years then you are ready to come with mommy & me.” Taehyun groaned with a pout. Jaejoong chuckled, “But I will tell you everything about it after we come home & I will steal some cookies too, double if you are a good boy.” Taehyun suddenly grinned, “Now, that’s my boy.”

 

Jaejoong heard soft footsteps coming down the stairs, “& I want to spend time with mommy. Don’t tell her.” He laughed softly as Yuri entered the living room. Not surprises, her eyes turned dark. She had thought that he had left, leaving that dress he had talked about behind.


“You are still here.”


& she dared not to show emotions of what he had said earlier.