Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 81

 

Oh no, she wasn’t going to stress over it but damn, she was! He had lie. Lie. Again & again. Yuri groaned loudly. How could she have trusted him? She knew the moment he had left, he was never going to call but she had been so happy somehow. It was the fifth day since he had left & no sign was heard from him. After what she had gone through being so energetic that he will call, she felt like a loser to trust him again, but no, the trust that was starting to develop was now going back down. He was nothing but a liar.

 

The thunder outside rumbled. Yuri gave a jump. She covered her face with a sigh. She shouldn’t be thinking about him since he wasn’t thinking about her. A loser she was. That’s why she was in the cabin. She won’t be looking forward to his call anymore. There were no phones installed in the cabin yet. The cell phone he had given her, she had turn it off completely & thrown it into one of the drawers in their apartment bedroom.

 

If he had gotten into a plane crash, she would have known it from the first day he had left. All she knows now was that he was in San Francisco doing whatever he was doing. She will think no further. Tomorrow was going to be a new day for her. She will have fun at Donghae’s niece’s birthday party.

 

Brushing her hair away, Yuri sank lower into the leather couch as another thunder roared, followed by a lightning. She wasn’t afraid. The thunder was giving her the company & she didn’t need his arms around her to give her the company anymore.


“Mommy.”

 

Yuri lifted her head. Taehyun was walking towards her with his small blanket. She forced a sweet smile on & wondered how he could had climbed down the stairs, “Come here, sweetheart.” He pouted in the dark. Lifting the covers, he got in beside his mommy. She kissed him on the cheek, “Are you scare?”

 

Taehyun shook his head, “No. Mommy, you say daddy will call. Where is he?”

 

She closed her eyes & was silent for some moments, “He called. He called.” She repeated, with heartache.

 

“But you weren’t there. He said he misses you & he will be home very soon & if you are a good boy, he will buy a present for you on the way home.”


“He will?” His voice climbed.

 

She nodded, “He will.”

 

With that settled, Taehyun slowly dozed off. A tear slowly dropped down from her closed eyes without her noticing. She slept into the afternoon the next day. When she woke up, Taehyun had fully dressed himself for the waiting birthday party. Her head was throbbing for whatsoever reason but she couldn’t back down from the party. Donghae was expecting her & Taehyun hadn’t attended a party for so long now.

 

Yuri pushed off her laziness & quickly washed up. Taehyun waited patiently with the present he was going to give to a girl he had never met before while eating the breakfast his mommy had fixed & he frowned at his mommy when they were lost on a block never known to them. Yuri groaned for the eighth times.

 

“We are late.” She made a different turn but smiled as she read a mailbox number, “Never mind. We are here.” Getting out, she took her son’s hand. The house was the same as all the others on the block with a red roof & red bricked walls. Cars, with their owners attending the party, were lined down the side of the street at the every edge. Yuri knocked on the door. A moment later, it opened with the owner smiling brightly.


“You came!” Donghae shouted, through the noise coming from inside.


“I said I would. Are we late?”

 

“Not at all. Come in.” He opened the door wider & stepped aside. As Yuri walked in with Taehyun, the little guy stare strangely at Donghae, “It’s about time for the cake. I bet you are hungry, Hyunnie, right?”

 

Taehyun bobbed his head but didn’t say anything. He was beside his mommy’s side the whole time she was being introduced. His eyes darted from Donghae to his mommy & then back to Donghae. Like a man, his daddy had told him how guys would stare at a woman if they truly like her & the man name Donghae was looking at his mommy like his daddy had looked at her but with no love. He pulled on his mommy’s hands to get her attention but a pump lady leaned down & pinched his chubby cheeks. His lips trembled & tears began to trickle down his cheek. It wasn’t the pain from the pinch but it was the lady’s scary face shaky from side to side. Yuri bent down & soothed the tears away.


“It’s alright, sweetie.” She laughed softly, “Does it hurt?” He shook his head, although the pain reddened. She ruffled his hair, “Eat your piece of cake. I will be standing right here.”


“When will we go home?” The birthday party seemed to turn out unlike the way he wanted it to. It wasn’t much fun. Although, all the kids from the playroom wanted him to participate, he declined with a heavy shake of his head.


“Aren’t you having fun?” From the look of his expression, she got her answer & sighed. She, herself, wasn’t having much fun just standing & talking. Cupping his face with her palm, Yuri tried to smile & said, “We will head back soon okay? Just a few more minutes.”


“But I miss daddy.”

 

Her eyes glinted, “You will have to be patient. He won’t be home for a few more days.”

 

Another tear slid down his cheek. Yuri gently wiped it away, “Why?”


“Because there’s a case for him to win.” She said patiently, “Now, eat your piece of cake before that greedy fly takes it all.”

 

Taehyun giggled. With a small smile on, Yuri straightened up. Jaejoong was destroying her day, her week but when had she really care if he was with her or not? Since he had told her he love her? What was the reason she had believe him anyway? She had believed him & now, she was the fool. He doesn’t love her. He had lie of that, too. He was away & probably near Jessica.

 

Yuri massaged her neck. Hell with him, she doesn’t care anymore!


“Tired already?” Donghae broke her thoughts. She opened her eyes she didn’t know that were closed. A smile appeared on her face.


“No. I actually slept in this morning. It was bad of me to but the storm last night sung me to a full sleep. I dreamed well, too.”


“Mine telling me the dream?”


“Well.” A real smile formed at her pink lips, “I was riding in the meadows on this white stallion. I was surprises I can control him since I had never ride on one before. He was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen & yet, he was so gentle with me. I felt so at peace & didn’t want to wake up but unfortunately, my son had to wake me.”

 

She glanced down to find Taehyun gone. Her eyes moved across the room to see the birthday girl half-dragging him outside. A clown appeared out from nowhere in front of him & pulled out a quarter from Taehyun’s ear. He squealed in delight & clapped his hands together. Her smile widened. At least he was having fun.

 

“Drink?” Donghae held out a cup full of fruit punch over to her. Yuri accepted it with a thank you. He stared at her staring at Taehyun & smiled at her laugh, “Yuri?” She turned at his voice, “Can I ask you a question?” A frown creased on her forehead at the nervous tone of his voice but she nodded. He took a moment before asking, “Did you & your husband have Hyunnie before getting marry?” The glow of her eyes from the frown ceased. Realizing his mistake, Donghae quick amended, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked if it wasn’t true. I was just…”


“No.” Yuri quickly interrupted him before he apologized further; “It’s fine.” She stared after Taehyun who was trying to catch the funny clown. Closing her eyes & desperation, she let out a breath & turned back to face the coach, “We actually were married two times.” She stared as his face turned from troubled to surprises, “No, it wasn’t a renew wedding vows. We were divorced four years ago & got back together just three months ago.” When she stopped short, he nodded in understanding, “He’s a lucky man.”

 

Yuri turned away once again. She didn’t know about his statement but what she saw on his face before turning away was adoration for her. Her heart skipped a beat in hesitation. Jaejoong was right; the coach did like her. How could she have not seen it? Now, it had reminded her of the first day they met in the school lobby & then the day he learned that she was married. Now it all showed. Even though his reputation around woman was likely faulty, she was sure he won’t fall in love with a married woman like her with a kid & what’s more, she can’t go on saying that they only remarried because of Taehyun. By then, she was sure he had take it more into his feelings. Her love for her husband was within itself, even though by now she will never admit it to him but she will love no one else.

 

She stare as Taehyun fell down but then he was lying on his stomach laughing. Her feet hurried outside to get to his side. She knew he wasn’t at all hurt but she had a feeling to get away from Donghae or her heart would burst out. Kneeling by his side, Yuri helped him up & brushed the dirt away.


“Mommy.” He winced in a laugh, “Hyunnie okay.”

 

Somehow, she had the urge to kiss his chubby cheek, “I know. Are you ready to go home now?”


“No. Hyunnie have fun.”


“Mommy’s having a headache & she needs some rest.” Oh lord, it was so true. The throbbing was killing her but she was only getting away from the man inside.

 

Taehyun felt her forehead & pouted, “Mommy sick?”


“Yes.” She took his hands, “Let’s go home alright?” He nodded, even though his heart was still in the game they were playing. Straightening up, she turned & came face to face with him. Her cheeks burned in shame.

 

“I’m sorry, Donghae Oppa. My son & I have to leave early but thank you for inviting us. We had fun.”

 

His smile wasn’t the usual, “Thank you for coming.” His eyes searched her eyes but found nothing. Kneeling to Taehyun’s height, he ruffled the little guy’s hair, “How did you like the clown?”


“He is funny.” Taehyun said, with a big grin, “But mommy & Hyunnie go home to wait for daddy. Mommy want rest, too.” He swung his hand along with his mommy, “Byebye.” Remembering his behavior, Taehyun added, “Thank you.”

 

Yuri gave Donghae one last look before walking away with her son. When they got to the cabin, she laid back down on the couch. As her stomach growled, she growled along. This wasn’t the time for her to get hungry but it was anyhow. She hadn’t eaten breakfast nor had she eaten the piece of cake Donghae had offered her. Getting up from her position once again, Yuri glanced at Taehyun playing with the one toy he had brought from the apartment then continued into the kitchen. She opened the refrigerator & poked her head in. There were only three cups of unopened yogurt, five cans of tea, a half-gallon of milk, some raw drumsticks, a dozen of eggs & other refreshments since they hadn’t plan to stay long in the cabin.

 

With a sigh, she took the cherry yogurt out & leaned against the kitchen counter. Dipping the small spoon into its mushiness, she placed it into . Before she can even swallow all of it, Yuri felt a feeling of uneasiness. Her shoulders lurched up & she quickly covered . In a rush, she dropped the cup of yogurt & ran to the bathroom. Just in time as she reached the toilet, the sickness came out in a force. She quickly held her hair away when more ejection of vomit came out. When it was over, she reached up for a towel & leaned against the wall with her eyes closed. A pair of hand touched her paled cheeks. Her eyes flew back open, “Mommy sick?” Tears streamed down his eyes & onto his cheeks. Yuri forced a smile on & wiped his tears away.


“I’m alright. It’s just a headache.” But she knew otherwise. She was pregnant.