Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 46

 

She rubbed the back of her neck without a pain. Her worries were growing & impatient was winning her over Jaejoong’s promise. It was already in the early afternoon & he hadn’t returned with Taehyun yet. The damn man had uttered another of his great lie to her! She was too tired of that now. The first intention she got was worst. Her thoughts were overload. The thought of him stealing Taehyun away from her life was dead over thought.

 

Now, Yuri wished she had never agreed to the man & made a promise with her son. It was too great of a risk but it was the courage that she let him borrowed her son. Her heart ran faster with each second passing the time he promised. She swore never in her life again, would she let him do this again, without the schedule being done. Her trusts with him with her son were over.

 

Last night, her sleep was no sleep at all. She couldn’t sleep, not knowing what he was doing with Taehyun. The picture of her son still lay on her pillow. She slept with the lights on for the first time ever since she was eight. The smile of Taehyun on the picture brought up her hopes little by little last night but now, her high hopes were gone. She wanted to see her son. She needed to see her son.


“Yuri.”

 

She turned, startled “Mom. What are you doing up?” Walking over, Yuri helped her to the couch, “You could had ring the bell to get Mina or my attention.”

 

Mrs. Kwon shook her head, “I needed to get out of bed sometime sooner, honey.” She searched Yuri’s worried face, “Jaejoong hadn’t drop off Hyunnie yet?”


“No.” Yuri said, with a harsh sigh, “I swear, mom, I would never let that man do this again.”


“They will come by soon. Don’t give up your hopes yet.” Mrs. Kwon said, although she knew that Yuri’s hopes were already up, “Have you tried calling him?”


“I don’t want to sound desperate. He knows my weaknesses.”


“What weaknesses? I don’t see any in that beautiful eyes of yours, my daughter.”


“I...” Before she could continue her sentence, the phone interrupted her. Yuri got up without a waste of time & strolled over to the phone, “Hello.”


“Hey, Yuri.”

 

Her heart lightened at the sound of his voice. It wasn’t his husky voice that got her attention but his call.

 

“You said in the morning, Jaejoong Oppa. Where is my son?” She asked rudely, but yet, worriedly.

 

He grimaced at the sound of her voice but more at himself. Yuri was angry but she had finally said his name, “I’m sorry, Yuri. I should have called. We headed towards my parents house this morning & I accidentally forgot about the time.” His voice was patient, “I’m truly sorry.”

 

Yuri exhaled & inhaled, wanting to cry but didn’t, “Listen to me clearly, Oppa. I want my son here right now. Or I swear you will never see him again.”

 

He narrowed his brows but it wasn’t a frown; it was the anger raising that he hardly ever use, “He’s my son, too, Yuri. I truly don’t know what you have against me but I surely don’t like it one bit. Before you say anything of keeping my son away from me, think it over. I have every right to see him. You are his mother but Yuri, I’m his father.”

 

She closed her eyes & opened them back up quickly, “To me, you were never his father. You were the man of cheat, Oppa. You aren’t his father. You were never his father. You don’t deserve him as a son. You are a bastard, Oppa! What did you ever do to raise him up? It didn’t matter if I took him away but you...you.” Yuri stopped, not knowing what to say. She bit her pink bottom lips. She went over the edge again.


“What, Yuri?” He asked in a whisper, though the phone, “I disgusts you, don’t I? I’m sorry about that but this isn’t about us, this is about Hyunnie, our son.” He cleared his throat in a whisper, wanting to get this over with, “Hyunnie is staying for supper with my family. If you want to join, come by my parents’ house. I’m sorry I didn’t stick to my promise but my parents’ wanted to know Hyunnie better.”

 

Jaejoong waited for her to answer. When he received a silent treatment from her, he cleared his throat again, & said, “Bye, Yuri. I will drop him by tonight.”

 

Yuri parted her lips to say something but he had already hung up before she even had the chance to utter a single word. She sighed angrily for her slowness & slammed the phone back down. Hitting her forehead, she cursed at him.


“What did he say?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

 

Yuri glanced up, forgetting that her mother was there. She walked over to the window & glared out into the world that hated her, “He’s dropping Hyunnie by tonight.” She answered dryly.


“Where are they now?”

 

She turned to look at her mom, “At Mr & Mrs. Kim’s place.”

 

Mrs. Kwon waited for Yuri to continue but when minutes went by, she knew that her daughter was too stubborn, “You are not going to do anything about it? Go get Hyunnie?”

 

Yuri shook her head after a while, “No. Hyunnie doesn’t want me.”

 

‘He doesn’t miss me, his mommy.’

 

Mr. Kim looked up as his son walked in. He walked over to Jaejoong, leaving his wife alone with their grandson. Crossing his arms over his chest, he stared at Jaejoong & said, “You are a man not keeping your word, Jaejoong.”

 

He hesitated, “I know, dad.” Not feeling like talking after his harsh comment at Yuri, he walked over to the sofa & sat down. Not even a smile lightened up his face as Taehyun waved at him. He waved back at the cute boy & cursed himself. Leaning back onto the sofa, Jaejoong closed his eyes.

 

Damn the woman! He didn’t intend to stay for supper at all. If she hadn’t use her angry voice at him, he would had never use his, too. He was calling to inform her that they were heading back to her parents’ house but when she started the chat he had never wanted, he just had to get her frustrated like she had him. She ticked him off the edge right at the moment when she declared that he wasn’t the father of their little boy but somehow, he had kept his temper down at the moment. He knew he disgusted her with all his damn lies but she was humiliating him in bringing all the memories of hatred back to him that he did!

 

Yes, he will have to admit that Yuri was getting to him. She was messing his life up in someway. He lived a wonderful life just after she left but now that she was back, his life was like that on the day of their divorcement. He knows the hurt she lived in during those four years but he just couldn’t help himself. His anger was going out every moment she ignored or talked to him in a way he hated.


“Daddy.”

 

Jaejoong opened his eyes & glanced down at his son. He leaned forward & took him into his arms, “What is it, big guy?”


“Daddy sleepy?” He asked, with that mischievous smile.


“With you around? No way.” He stood up with Taehyun in his arms, “Let’s go out to the pool, shall we?”

 

Taehyun bobbed his head, “Where is mommy, daddy?” He asked.

 

Jaejoong grimaced, “She’s at the house. Do you want to be with mommy?”


“Be with daddy & mommy. We go to zoo, daddy, please?” He placed his palm together & put on his angel face, “Hyunnie go see lions.” He then parted his hands, open & close them & roar like a lion cub.

 

Jaejoong burst out laughing & kissed Taehyun on the forehead, “Let’s go back home & ask mommy. How about that?”

 

He nodded, “Now?”

 

Troubled, Jaejong nodded. A change of mind again, for his son. There will be no supper with his parents tonight, “Why not? Your stuff is in the car. We will just drive home & ask mommy. I bet she can’t refuse.” God, he knows she will refuse but he intended to beg her no matter how hard it will take him. He was just doing this for the sake of his son.

 

They walked back into the house & met his parents talking to each other. He cleared his throat. They looked up. Mrs. Kim smiled but Mr. Kim still had on his expressionless face, “I’m afraid we can’t stay for supper, mom. Hyunnie & I have something we want to do.”


“That’s alright. Since Jessica’s wedding dress is already put up, your father & I will be heading towards the Kwon’s house before supper anyhow. I didn’t know that Mrs. Kwon was home already. If I had known, I would have visit her already.”


“We are heading over there, too.”

 

Mr & Mrs. Kim exchanged looks at the corner of their eyes, “You are taking Hyunnie back?” His mother asked, “Not yet. Hyunnie wanted to go to the zoo with Yuri & me. We are dropping by to pick her up.” Jaejoong explained.

 

Mrs. Kim nodded, not really knowing what else to say. She was glad that her son was spending time with Taehyun but if they were spending time with Yuri too, she didn’t know what else to do. She loved Yuri as much as she loved her son but to pick between Yuri & Jessica, she will never find an answer in her heart. All she wanted was her son to be happy with his choice.

 

Yes, Mrs. Kim may be harsh on Yuri because she had kept Taehyun from all of them but she still loves her. Who would like to be separate from family blood? Families will always stay families.


“Hyunnie & I are ready to go. Would you like a ride with us?” Jaejoong asked his parents.


Mr. Kim shook his head, “We need to get ready first. You two go on ahead & we will follow from behind.” “Alright.” He averted his attention to Taehyun, “Are you ready to go back home?”

 

Taehyun nodded with his grin, “Bye grandma. Byebye grandpa.” He waved with his hands, closing & opening. They smiled & waved back. God had sent them their first cherished grandson. Who wouldn’t love him?

 

Jaejoong walked out of the grand house & into his car gracefully with Taehyun in his arms. They had fun times last night from playing games & tag but Yuri would surely kill him since he sent Taehyun to bed at three in the morning. That was way past his bedtime but who couldn’t help but have some fun with a little boy? They were fully exhausted with cracked stomachs last night with their laughters & Jaejoong was sure that the right side of his stomach still aches but worst without hesitating, Yuri would definitely kill him since he had only followed half of her instruction on the list.

 

He chuckled & buckled Taehyun in his personally car seat at the back of the car. Taehyun grinned roguishly up at his daddy. Jaejoong’s chuckle burst out into a playful laughter. He patted Taehyun on the cheek, “What are you laughing at, daddy?”


“Nothing, really. I’m just crazy.”

 

“Hyunnie crazy, too.”


“We are both crazy, Hyunnie.” Jaejoong tapped Taehyun’s nose with his index finger. Taehyun did the same & tapped Jaejoong’s nose, “See, we are both crazy.”

 

Taehyun chuckled; the way he had experienced from his daddy. The tapping each other’s nose was their new version of showing each other’s love. They had learned new things just being with each other for one & a half-day.

 

Jaejoong gently closed the door & opened his after being sure Taehyun was safe in his seat & with the t-rex sitting by him. Getting in with that mischievous smile like Taehyun, he started the car after closing the car door & drove off. Every question Taehyun keep popping up, he answered them like he was a kid himself, too. Just being with him, Jaejoong knew that Taehyun hadn’t spent much time with kids his own age. He knows that Taehyun goes to a daycare center but being stuck at home all day after coming from study, it wasn’t best for him. He was a bit too smart. Maybe Yuri had pushed him too far.

 

Before he or Taehyun even knew it, they reached the house of the Kwon’s, “We are home, daddy!” Taehyun cried out, wanting to get out of his seat called the jail.

 

‘You have so many homes, Hyunnie.’ Jaejoong thought.


He unbuckled his safety belt & got out to help Taehyun with his. As he did so, he could feel a sharp stare onto his back, a stare that he knows belong to his ex-wife.