Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 42

 

The silly & hectic smile tugged on Taehyun’s lips. The moment her son smiled, Yuri let out a breath of unnoticed weakness. Jaejoong forcefully smiled thinly. He had been waiting for this moment to let Taehyun know that he was his father but now, just at the corner of his eyes, he regretted it. Yes, minutes ago he was smiling at Taehyun but now, he could see Yuri’s face paled with her body leaning within the table. The gradually blinking of her eyes told him how much she needed their child in her life. The way her hands lay restlessly on the table made him go weak with guilt.

 

He said more than once that he hated to do this to her but now, he hated himself because he felt guilty & he regretted what he did. He said all those things of feeling wrong but still, he wants to be with their son as much as she wanted, too. After meeting the little guy, he had sworn nothing would tear them apart but what he never really thought of was tearing mother & son apart.


“Daddy.” Taehyun turned to Yuri & pointed to Jaejoong, “Mommy. Daddy here.”

 

Yuri didn’t make an attempt to smile nor would her son know that she wasn’t smiling. He was happily jumping up & down on the hard books. He wasn’t old enough to know the true definition of daddy but he knows the man that loves him as his daddy. The three year of his growing up without his father there hurtled him but now, a daddy popping up from a man that he loves, his first intention was to take the man before any other little boy still his daddy. Nothing matters to him of this man but at least he had a daddy to call. His best friend & his daddy were the same.

 

Taehyun made an attempt to get down from the stand but the words of Junsu stopped him, “Stay there, Hyunnie. We still need more acquainted.”


“But my daddy...”


“Please, Hyunnie?” Junsu asked. He took out a blue lollipop from his charcoal endurance pleated dress pants pocket. Taehyun’s eyes widened, “Promise me you will stay up there & then later when we are done, I will give this yummy lollipop to you. Okay?”

 

Taehyun nodded his head quickly before the lawyer could change his mind. Junsu smiled, relieved. He couldn’t lose the question in his mind yet, “How much do you love this daddy of yours since you met him?”


“Easy!” Taehyun exclaimed, & then threw his arms out wide, “This much, Su.”

 

He nodded, “& your mommy?”


“This much, too.” He said, with a fish mouth.


“Okay. The question I’m going to ask you is very hard. If you need to think very long, you can okay?” Taehyun bobbed his head up & down. Junsu cleared his throat. He was sure this case would be over today, “Where would you love to go most in the world? Name two places.”

 

Taehyun pouted, “But I have a lot.”


“We are playing a big game here, Hyunnie. The rules are that you can only choose two from the section of the most wanted place that you want to visit. Can we go by the big rules?” Junsu asked, with a puppy face.

 

Taehyun tapped his index finger under his chin & then finally nodded, “I like six leg.” Junsu nodded, knowing that Taehyun was trying to say six flags, “& I like mickey mouse world.” Junsu nodded again, knowing that Taehyun meant disneyland.

 

“Those are awesome choices. Now, pretend that you, your mommy & daddy are going on a big trip. Your daddy wants to go to six flags but your mommy wants to go to disneyland. You love them very much but you only have one choice in that category. Who would you want to go with? Do you want to go with your daddy to six flags? Or do you want to go with your mommy to disneyland? Remember, only one choice.”

 

Taehyun poked his index finger at his chin & began to think. The room was full with total silence, waiting for his answer. Yuri knew he loves those two places that she can hardly afford to go to but what he was really choosing was Jaejoong or her.


“I.” He paused, “I like both.” He smiled innocently. To him, it wasn’t his fault that he loves those two places so much.


“I know you do.” Junsu said calmly, “But you can only choose one.” He held up his long, thin index finger, “Okay?”

 

Taehyun shook his head, “But I want two.”

 

Junsu let out a furious breath & started laughing. Oh boy, was this kid smart or what? “Okay. So, you want both. Now, on to this next question, you can only choose one.” He held up his right hand with the index finger sticking up, “One.” He held up his left hand with that index finger up, “Okay?”

 

“But that’s two you got up.” Taehyun called out.

 

Junsu bit his bottom lips & chuckled at himself. This kid is really smart, “Okay.” He tried again, “Who would you choose between your daddy & mommy? You can only choose one.”

 

Taehyun pouted, “I want both.”


“But you can only choose one.” Junsu said calmly. Maybe this wasn’t going to be easy after all.


“But I want daddy & mommy!” He argued.

 

Junsu rolled his eyes. Kids are so stubborn & he swore he will talk to his wife about having children tonight. He averted to look at the judge, “Your honor?”

 

The judge sighed & murmured something under his breath, “That’s the boy’s answer & it will be the boy’s answer. Thank you, Mr. Kim.”

 

Junsu nodded. He walked up to Taehyun & handed the promised lollipop to him. Excitedly, the little guy hurriedly unwrapped the lollipop’s wrapper & started his way into the yumminess. Junsu grinned & walked back to his seat. He didn’t dare turn to look at his friend. Jaejoong had had his eyes closed during the whole game that Junsu was playing with Taehyun. He wasn’t surprises at all to the answered that Taehyun gave. He knew the boy was special & special he will get what he wants.

 

A small grimace appeared at the corner of Yuri’s lips. So, she had her answer. Her son loved her as much as he loved his daddy. His chance of knowing & meeting Jaejoong was less than hers but he consider them both on the same level. She was sure that if this meeting Jaejoong gets larger, her son will choose him over her.

 

Mr. Ok cleared his throat, louder than what he had anticipated to get the congregation’s attention, “Hi there, Hyunnie. I’m your mommy’s lawyer or consider helper. You may call me Namkyu.”

 

Taehyun took the lollipop out of his mouth, “What about Kyu?”


“That’s fine with me. Now.” He crossed his arm, “You said that you love your daddy & mommy the same, right?” Taehyun bobbed his head up & down, having too much fun with his lollipop without the permission of his mommy of too many sweets, “You had only met this daddy of yours not only some weeks ago & your mommy since you was born. Why would you love your daddy at the same condition as you love your mommy? You spent little time with this dad of yours.”


“I love my daddy because he’s fun to play with.”


“But doesn’t your mommy play with you?”


“Mommy does but she very busy.” Said Taehyun, emphasizing the word very, “We go to zoo, too.”


“Ah.”


“I love my mommy & daddy.” He repeated.


“I see.” ‘Short one.’ Mr. Ok thought. Turning to the judge, he said, “I’m done, your honor.”

 

Judge Bak nodded, “Mr. Kim? Do you have anyone in mind to call up or shall we conclude this case today?” Junsu sighed & closed the notebook, “No, your honor, I have nothing else.”

 

With a bang of the mallet, the judge concluded the case, “The results of whom Kwon Taehyun would go to from the jury will come after the eight minute break. Jury.” He said, turning towards them, “Make the best of the choice.” He banged the mallet again. The jury disappeared from behind a door & with that, the congregation broke out into voices.

 

Yuri quickly stood up as Taehyun got down from the stand with the bailiff’s help. Before she knew it, he started running towards Jaejoong. Her heart skipped a beat in alarm. Jaejoong flashed his biggest smile as Taehyun ran into his arms. He hugged him tightly & then pulled back. Yuri watched Jaejoong mouthed his words but could hear nothing because of the loud noise of the congregation. She made her way towards them quickly but before she could even reach three feet from them, Taehyun saw her & started cheering again, “Mommy! Here I am!” He shouted.

 

Yes, she knew. He jumped into her arms before she can even started to chide him. His kiss landed on her cheek. Pulling back, Taehyun flashed her the largest smile fill with blue stain that she had never seen, “Hello mommy.” He averted & pointed at Jaejoong, “Look. Daddy.”

 

Yuri nodded. Before she can turn around, he spoke up, “Yuri. I hope this won’t change anything.”

 

Her gaze turned into a glare, “Mr. Kim. One second before we even signed that divorce paper everything changed & everything will stay in that change.”

 

Taehyun tilted his head, “What is divorce, mommy?” He asked, through the confusion of the word.


“Nothing, Hyunnie.” Yuri gave Jaejoong one last stare & walked away. She put Taehyun into Doyeon’s arm without a word & walked back to her seat. As she sat down, the jury walked back out. The judge banged the mallet. After the quieting of the room, one person from the jury handed the judged the consummation. He cleared his throat.


“With the direct answer from Kwon Taehyun, both are to have custody of the child. There.”

 

Before the judge can finish reading the results, the room burst into whispers. Yuri let out a shaky breath & folded her hands together. At least she would be with her son. The matter with her ex-husband, she doesn’t care.

 

Jaejoong smiled but his eyes scanned over to Yuri. One part of him was glad that they were sharing custody but the other part of him felt otherwise. He didn’t fully take Taehyun away from her like his heart hated it now but he still have to tell Jessica about all the things that had occurred during her absences. How could he explain the double custody to her? Things would be complicated since their wedding was coming up just a month away.


“Silence!” The judge shouted, “I’m not finish here yet!” He glared out at the people & then continued, “Child custody would go out to both parents. The visitation matters will be made out for Mr. Kim Jaejoong & Ms. Kwon Yuri by tomorrow morning. Until then, the child will stay with the mother. Ms. Kwon had proven to be a great mother but there are limited rights for Mr. Kim getting custody of Kwon Taehyun.” Jaejoong frowned, “Such payments are harsh. The marriage you will be having in a month’s time can not go on without the payment of fifty thousand dollars to Ms. Kwon. If you are to get marry, you are to pay the cost, Mr. Kim, but if you decide otherwise not to get marry, there should be no cost.” The judge took off his glasses, “Thank you very much for being here. This case is dismiss.”

 

As the door shut behind the judge, voice broke out again. Yuri stood up & shook hands with her lawyer lightly, “Thank you very much, Mr. Ok. The results wouldn’t had been like this without your help.”


“It’s no problem. I’m glad you got half-custody of Hyunnie & the money. If you need any help, just contact me.” He said, with a smile. She nodded but grimaced at the word money. At the very least does she care about it. Turning around, Yuri saw Jaejoong talking with his parents. She took a glance towards the exit. Surely, she can make it out with Taehyun & Doyeon without their notice. She wasn’t running from anyone; just not seeing him now was better for her. Walking over to her brother, Yuri took Taehyun into her arms & started for the door.


“Where we going, mommy?” Taehyun asked.


“Home.”


“But mommy! Daddy go, too!” He complained.


“Quiet, sweetheart.” She exited the courthouse with the ignorance of all Taehyun’s whining.


Jaejoong looked up as the last handshake with the people ended. He searched for Yuri but more of their son. As he scanned the whole courtroom, his senses told him that they had already left. Jaejong let out a hesitating breath & dropped his hope. Finally, the damn case was over! It didn’t matter to him about the damn money he had to pay for her if he gets marry! He had his share; Yuri had her share & Taehyun had them both.